PDA

View Full Version : News Something we can all agree on- Nazi shitheads suck

SNR
07-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Apparently one got away. I just visited the Mauthausen camp in January, too. That wasn't even a death camp... what they did at this one was pretty much worked you to death in the rock quarry and stuff like that. Pretty despicable stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/08/nazi.drdeath.ap/index.html

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- The Simon Wiesenthal Center has strong evidence that a former SS member known as "Dr. Death" is in southern Chile or Argentina, a top Nazi hunter for the human rights organization said Tuesday.

Efraim Zuroff, the center's director in Israel, will fly Wednesday to the southern Chilean city of Puerto Montt, where SS doctor Aribert Heim's daughter has lived for years.

Zuroff and center Latin America director Sergio Widder will then travel to Bariloche across the Andes in Argentina on Friday.

Searchers think he's alive, Zuroff said, because a bank account with $1.6 million and other investments in Heim's name in Berlin have not been claimed by Heim's children. To do that, they would have to produce proof that Heim was dead.

Zuroff said the center has received information "that has strong potential" to help efforts to find Heim.

Heim, who would be 94, tops the center's list of most-wanted Nazi war criminals. A reward of $495,000 is being offered jointly by the center and the German and Austrian governments for information leading to his capture.

Heim, known as "Dr. Death," was indicted in Germany on charges he murdered hundreds of inmates at Mauthausen concentration camp, where he was camp doctor.

"His crimes are fully documented by himself, because he kept a log of the operations that he carried out," Zuroff said. "He tortured many inmates before he killed them at Mauthausen, and he used body parts of the people he killed as decorations."

After World War II, Heim was held for two and a half years by the United States military but was released without being tried.

He disappeared in 1962, when he was tipped off that the indictment by German authorities was imminent, according to Zuroff.
The Chilean government is helping in the investigation, Zuroff said, adding that he and Widder had a good meeting with Arturo Herrera, director of Chile's police

Demonpenz
07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
he better turn catholic and forgive his sins at confession quick

Pestilence
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
94? Is he really that hard to catch?

StcChief
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM
he better turn catholic and forgive his sins at confession quickthe number of "Hail Mary's " would keep him up for weeks.... ROFL

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Perhaps Mossad could pull another Eichmann with this guy.

Redrum_69
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
In related news...The Bush administration claims Aribert Heim is now in Iran.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
After World War II, Heim was held for two and a half years by the United States military but was released without being tried.

WTF? Rather a big miss there.

Donger
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Perhaps Mossad could pull another Eichmann with this guy.

Indeed. That was my first thought. I would have loved to have been there that day.

Radar Chief
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I hate Illinois Nazis.

;)

rambleonthruthefog
07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
i mean really? what the F is wrong with nazis?

StcChief
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I hate Illinois Nazis. Let's leave the Jr. Senator outta this.:p

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
What the hell is the point in pursuing a 94 yr old person? He'll probably croak before he ever sees a courtroom.

StcChief
07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
What the hell is the point in pursuing a 94 yr old person? He'll probably croak before he ever sees a courtroom.
You'd think the ~$500K would entice someone even in Argentina

Braincase
07-09-2008, 11:54 AM

I can think of 495,000 reasons.

Hog Farmer
07-09-2008, 11:55 AM

Sounds like a pretty good guy to me. They should just leave him alone.

MOhillbilly
07-09-2008, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes:rumors have been abound about this guy in SA for years. that mother****ers dead and in hell where he belongs.

Saggysack
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM

I understand the sentiment. But murder does not have a statute of limitations. We aren't talking about the local boys choir director here. If alive, no matter the age, he should have to pay for his crimes.

Jewish Rabbi
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
If anyone hates Nazis, it's me.

vailpass
07-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I hate Illinois nazis.

Braincase
07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a pretty good guy to me. They should just leave him alone.

WTF? :spock:

You really ought to add smilies when you're kidding. Yeah, Jews aren't known for their consumption of ham & bacon, but c'mon.

Donger
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
"NAZIs. I hate these guys"

MOhillbilly
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
WTF? :spock:

You really ought to add smilies when you're kidding. Yeah, Jews aren't known for their consumption of ham & bacon, but c'mon.

more for me. mmmmmm bacon:homer:

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I understand the sentiment. But murder does not have a statute of limitations. We aren't talking about the local boys choir director here. If alive, no matter the age, he should have to pay for his crimes.

The way I see it he has already gotten away with it, he's enjoyed a long life. The only thing we can hope for is him rotting away in hell, and he can't be too far away from that.

MOhillbilly
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM

oh come on.

BigRedChief
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
your not a real Rabbi are you? It's just a BB moniker right?

Donger
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
your not a real Rabbi are you? It's just a BB moniker right?

Jewish Rabbi. Get it right.

Bowser
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
"NAZIs. I hate these guys"

LMAO

You are such a closet nerd. You could probably give GoChiefs a run for his money in sci-fi trivia. :D

Donger
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
LMAO

You are such a closet nerd. You could probably give GoChiefs a run for his money in sci-fi trivia. :D

"Closet nerd"? I don't need no stinkin closet.

Sokath! His eyes uncovered!

Bowser
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
"Closet nerd"? I don't need no stinkin closet.

Sokath! His eyes uncovered!

ROFL

"(something), WHEN THE WALLS FELL!!"

Jewish Rabbi
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
your not a real Rabbi are you? It's just a BB moniker right?I'm a rabbi on the weekends.

Rooster
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I hate big Nazi.

Donger
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
ROFL

"(something), WHEN THE WALLS FELL!!"

Shaka.

StcChief
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I hate big Nazi.
this one little old Nazi left. Neo-Nazi's?

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Temba, his arms wide!

Yes, Donger came out of the closet ages ago.

...about his nerdom, I mean. In fact, he's one fo the few as militant about his nerdiness as I am. :D

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Indeed. That was my first thought. I would have loved to have been there that day.

Uzani's army, with fists open! Mirab, his sails unfurled.

I would like to have been on the plane when he woke up, and they introduced themselves.

His expression would have been classic.

On a barely related note, Vonnegut wrote a great novel about a guy who ended up in the cell next to Eichmann's titled Mother Night.

...about his nerdom, I mean. In fact, he's one fo the few as militant about his nerdiness as I am. :D

Nerds of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your Self-Sealing Stimbolts!

LMAO

GoChiefs? Pah. IMNSHO, Donger could give ME a run for my money. :p

I suspect he may be a Kwisatz Haderach.

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Temba, his arms wide!

Yes, Donger came out of the closet ages ago.

Lursa or B'Etor? No, you can't have both.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM

Neither. Grilka. :p

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Grilka.

Great, now I have to masturbate again.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM

I was more partial to the green hair chicks myself. 6 of 9 and Edith Keeler (Joan Collins) woudl float my boat very nicely.

Ensign Ro would be my vast preference for bumpy headed chicks, however.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/grahamofborg/Star%20Trek/roandothers.jpg

BigRedChief
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
more for me. mmmmmm bacon:homer:
I doubt our esteemed weekend Rabbi is of the Orthodox branch of Judiasm so he probably enjoys a ham sandwich as much as anyone.

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I was more partial to the green hair chicks myself. 6 of 9 and Edith Keeler (Joan Collins) woudl float my boat very nicely.

Yeah, but alien women would get old after a while. If I were Captain Picard, I would have ordered Ensign Lefler to my ready room.

A lot.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Great, now I have to masturbate again.

And the daily award for best use of cross-thread humor goes to Donger.

Yeah, but alien women would get old after a while. If I were Captain Picard, I would have ordered Ensign Lefler to my ready room.

A lot.

Is it wrong I was attracted to the Genetically Enhanced young lady that was part of DS9's "Wack Pack" in "Chrysalis" and "Statistical Probabilities"?

Granted, she was a guest star so I likely would have had to find grounds to run investigations on Leeta, the Dabo girl.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
In case Klingon Opera floats your boat, here's a link to Aktuh and Maylota in Klingon, as song by Worf.

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Aktuh_and_Maylota.ogg

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM

A lot.

Can't argue that. On my ship it'd be nicknamed the "Ready, willing and able room".

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
In case Klingon Opera floats your boat, here's a link to Aktuh and Maylota in Klingon, as song by Worf.

http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Aktuh_and_Maylota.ogg

You know what's sad? I can hear that in my head, and can then do about the next ten lines of the script.

BigRedChief
07-09-2008, 03:39 PM

You guys wouldn't know a good looking Trekkie if it sat in your lap.:shake:
http://ecw.twentyeyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/jolene-blalock-topless-2.jpg
http://lotgk.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/jolene_blalock01.jpg
http://lotgk.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/jolene_blalock22.jpg

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Bah! I can't help it!

Does anyone have any olive oil? I ran out.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Here's a website for you. All the hot chicks of the original series. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poletti/sets/72157602965392887/

Go buy a supersized bottle of extra virgin olive oil, I guess, and get going.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
You guys wouldn't know a good looking Trekkie if it sat in your lap.:shake:

I'd be happy to perform Pon Farr with her any time.

Or to submit to Assimilation by a certain former Drone, for that matter.

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched Her...nevermind. :)

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Here's a website for you. All the hot chicks of the original series. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/poletti/sets/72157602965392887/

Go buy a supersized bottle of extra virgin olive oil, I guess, and get going.

Confession time: I've never seen an original episode.

Donger
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
BTW, how the heck did this thread go from NAZIs to Star Trek?

BigRedChief
07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Feel better
http://ww2f.com/peppy/pcni/spockasnazi.jpg

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 03:48 PM

That's a shame. They've done a nice job re-mastering them. Campy, but some great sci-fi.

It's not much of a reach, really.

http://c.imagehost.org/0702/tos05201.jpg

Bowser
07-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Good Christ! It's an infestation!

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Ack God.

Ok, you're a Brit, so I can see how that happened, and won't revoke your geekdom certificate. And the fact is that many, many of ST:TOS well and truly suck.

BUT, if you can Netflick them or whatever, there are a few you really should see.

City of the Edge of Forever

I can't think of the actual episode names for the others I have in mind, and have to run. I'll post later. There's maybe 5 that you really ought to see. I'm sure they will lack some of the charm that they had for us 30'ish years ago, and the special effects suck, but you'll certainly see them as good entertainment anyway, I think, just as you would see the original STar Wars A New Hope as a good movie despite it's many flaws that are now obvious 30 years after the fact.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Good Christ! It's an infestation!

I have not yet begun to nerd.

Dungeons and Dragons Edition 4.0 came out a fwe weeks ago. I played my first game 2 days after the release date.

Bowser
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
I have not yet begun to nerd.

Dungeons and Dragons Edition 4.0 came out a fwe weeks ago. I played my first game 2 days after the release date.

Wow, that game is still going? With WoW and everything related, I figured D&D suffered a slow death.

I think I still have an original Player's Handbook and Monster Manual somewhere up in the attic.

Drunk
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
arent there "concentration" camps in the US now? theyll probably just call them freedom camps though.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Ack God.

Ok, you're a Brit, so I can see how that happened, and won't revoke your geekdom certificate. And the fact is that many, many of ST:TOS well and truly suck.

BUT, if you can Netflick them or whatever, there are a few you really should see.

City of the Edge of Forever

I can't think of the actual episode names for the others I have in mind, and have to run. I'll post later. There's maybe 5 that you really ought to see. I'm sure they will lack some of the charm that they had for us 30'ish years ago, and the special effects suck, but you'll certainly see them as good entertainment anyway, I think, just as you would see the original STar Wars A New Hope as a good movie despite it's many flaws that are now obvious 30 years after the fact.

City on the Edge of Forever...absolutely.

My other 5 recommends would probably be:

The Conscience of the King

Space Seed

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Mirror Mirror

Balance of Terror

Just for fun...

The Trouble with Tribbles

A Piece of the Action

A Taste of Armageddon

The Omega Glory

Bowser
07-09-2008, 04:18 PM
My favorite TNG episode is a tossup between the Borg cliffhanger and Yesterday's Enterprise.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
My favorite TNG episode is a tossup between the Borg cliffhanger and Yesterday's Enterprise.

I loved them both, but my absolute favorite TNG is Darmok, followed closely by The Inner Light.

For the rest of the series:

TOS: Space Seed, followed by Mirror, Mirror

DS9: In the Pale Moonlight, followed by The Visitor.

Voyager: Year of Hell, followed by Blink of an Eye

Enterprise: Who cares? :p

Jewish Rabbi
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I doubt our esteemed weekend Rabbi is of the Orthodox branch of Judiasm so he probably enjoys a ham sandwich as much as anyone.

I'm allergic to sandwiches.

KCinNY
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
That's a shame. They've done a nice job re-mastering them. Campy, but some great sci-fi.

It's not much of a reach, really.

http://c.imagehost.org/0702/tos05201.jpg

You can say what you want about the Nazis, the Wehrmacht and the Luftwaffe...but man, they were some snappy dressers.

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
You can say what you want about the Nazis, the Wehrmacht and the Luftwaffe...but man, they were some snappy dressers.

True. I've always found it suspicious that for being so tough on Homosexuals, they certainly put an emphasis on snappy dressing, leather, and putting on big shows!

little jacob
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't remember the episode, but i think my favorite TNG was the one where they had a bunch of new people, and they were all competing for a post on Enterprise or somesuch, and they sent one of them out in a shuttlecraft to pose as a prisoner of another, and they both didn't make it back.

That or anything that Q was involved in, like the one where he was kicked out of the continuum.

Thig Lyfe
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
<embed FlashVars='videoId=16444' src='http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/video_player/view/default/swf.jhtml' quality='high' bgcolor='#cccccc' width='332' height='316' name='comedy_central_player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allownetworking='external' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow, that game is still going? With WoW and everything related, I figured D&D suffered a slow death.

I think I still have an original Player's Handbook and Monster Manual somewhere up in the attic.

Some men get together and play poker. Others play pool. And some play D&D. :shrug:

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 09:11 PM

QFT.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
City on the Edge of Forever...absolutely.

My other 5 recommends would probably be:

The Conscience of the King

Space Seed

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Mirror Mirror

Balance of Terror

Just for fun...

The Trouble with Tribbles

A Piece of the Action

A Taste of Armageddon

The Omega Glory

I actually think the Trouble with Tribbles and Piece of the Action are terrific, once you know the characters a bit.

I think there's a clear top 4:

City on the Edge of Forever
Mirror Mirror
Balance of Terror
Trouble with Tribbles
Piece of the Action

The rest of the ones you list are all strong (though I admit I could take or leave The World is Hollow), but the five above I put a cut above.

I would put Amok Time, This Side of Paradise and Devil in the Dark above or with the others that you listed, actually, FWIW.

Amnorix
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I loved them both, but my absolute favorite TNG is Darmok, followed closely by The Inner Light.

For the rest of the series:

TOS: Space Seed, followed by Mirror, Mirror

DS9: In the Pale Moonlight, followed by The Visitor.

Voyager: Year of Hell, followed by Blink of an Eye

Enterprise: Who cares? :p

I put Inner Light in the holy trinity of ST:TNG with Yesterday's Enterprise and the first half of the Borg cliffhanger. To be honest, while I appreciate Darmok, it doesn't excit me that much.

Sadly, I never saw enough of DS9, Voyager or Enterprise to form much of an opinion.

Braincase
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Pffffft. The Original Set consisted of three books, and then you could get the add-ons like Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry and Gods, Demigods and Heroes. The original Arduin Grimoire was sometimes used as supplementary rules for things like special abilities.

I got an original three-booklet set, NIB, with original plastic wrap, and believe it or not, I've got a copy of Professor M.A.R. Barker's original Emprire of the Pettle Throne in the office somewhere, too.

banyon
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I am currently prosecuting a puppy-stealing Neo Nazi. Literally.

He has a giant detailed tattoo of Hitler's face on his arm and broke into this girl's house and stole her puppy.

WTF is wrong with people? :shake:

Skip Towne
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM

He has a giant detailed tattoo of Hitler's face on his arm and broke into this girl's house and stole her puppy.

WTF is wrong with people? :shake:

Hang 'em high.

banyon
07-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I put Inner Light in the holy trinity of ST:TNG with Yesterday's Enterprise and the first half of the Borg cliffhanger. To be honest, while I appreciate Darmok, it doesn't excit me that much.

Sadly, I never saw enough of DS9, Voyager or Enterprise to form much of an opinion.

DS9 is VERY slow for the first couple of seasons, but it really picks up in season 4 and doesn't let up. The 7 part arc ending with "The Sacrifice of Angels" is just great. Also "In the pale moonlight" about a planned assassination of a Romulan diplomat by Sisco shows a dark side.

Voyager is harder to watch, IMO, but there are at least 6 or so, GREAT episodes. "Timeless", "Year in Hell", the finale. It seems like the only good ones in that series all revolve around time travel.

Still haven't watched Enterprise, but picking TNG I'd have almost the same list, probably throwing in Q Who (meet the Borg) and All Good Things....

City on the Edge of Forever for TOS, though Mirror, Mirror is right there.

BigRedChief
07-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Picard and the flute or the Borg

Adept Havelock
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I actually think the Trouble with Tribbles and Piece of the Action are terrific, once you know the characters a bit.

I think there's a clear top 4:

City on the Edge of Forever
Mirror Mirror
Balance of Terror
Trouble with Tribbles
Piece of the Action

The rest of the ones you list are all strong (though I admit I could take or leave The World is Hollow), but the five above I put a cut above.

I would put Amok Time, This Side of Paradise and Devil in the Dark above or with the others that you listed, actually, FWIW.

Those are wonderful as well. Devil in the Dark was a favorite.

DS9 is VERY slow for the first couple of seasons, but it really picks up in season 4 and doesn't let up. The 7 part arc ending with "The Sacrifice of Angels" is just great. Also "In the pale moonlight" about a planned assassination of a Romulan diplomat by Sisco shows a dark side.

Voyager is harder to watch, IMO, but there are at least 6 or so, GREAT episodes. "Timeless", "Year in Hell", the finale. It seems like the only good ones in that series all revolve around time travel.

Still haven't watched Enterprise, but picking TNG I'd have almost the same list, probably throwing in Q Who (meet the Borg) and All Good Things....

City on the Edge of Forever for TOS, though Mirror, Mirror is right there.

I think DS9 was my favorite of the series, though that borders on sacrilege for many.

Voyager, IMO was undone by the lack of continuity between episodes. If they had made it more "Survival/Brave New Worlds" oriented, I would have liked it better. That said, I think it had only a few "strong" episodes, many others were at least enjoyable for me.

Rausch
07-10-2008, 06:44 AM

Nazi douchebag FAIL...

Amnorix
07-10-2008, 06:55 AM
I think DS9 was my favorite of the series, though that borders on sacrilege for many.

Some of my friends agree. Unfortunately, I gave up on the series far too soon, due in part from boredom and part from being too busy in my life and having to give up alot of TV time.

Amnorix
07-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Picard and the flute or the Borg

The flute one is The Inner LIght, which the rest of us have been raving about. Amazing, really, that that particular episode, which is neither funny nor action packed, has such a hold.

But it is emotionally packed, and just a really great episode. If you'd were really into the characters by then, then it had a tremendous impact. If you'd never seen an episode before and just saw that one, you'd probably shrug your shoulders after having been bored ofr an hour.

MOhillbilly
07-10-2008, 06:59 AM
star trek is the shit! more star trek!:thumb:

Amnorix
07-10-2008, 07:09 AM
hmph. Been 10 years at least since I last saw the episode, though I have seen ti 5 or so times total, no doubt. Got chills at first and was misty eyed within a minute. Oy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606Vk2iSFNk

Amnorix
07-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I love Wikipedia

Christie's auction
The brass Ressikan flute was one of the items up for bid at the Christie's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christie%27s) official studio auction of Star Trek memorabilia, which took place on October 5-7, 2006. The flute, which cannot actually be played, was originally estimated to have a sale price of $300. Auction directors admitted that their estimates for many items did not "factor in that emotional fury generated around this kind of material."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-msnbc_0-0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)#cite_note-msnbc-0)</SUP> The estimate was later raised to $800-$1200 on Christie's website.

In the days leading up to the auction, Denise Okuda, former Trek scenic artist and video supervisor as well as co-writer of the auction catalog, stated that "That's the item people say they really have to have, because it's so iconic to a much-beloved episode."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-usatoday_1-0>[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)#cite_note-usatoday-1)</SUP> The final bid for the flute at the auction was $40,000. Including the additional 20% fee Christie's collected on all items from the winning bidder, the total price for the flute was $48,000.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-prnews_2-0>[3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)#cite_note-prnews-2)</SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP></SUP>

FAX
07-10-2008, 07:25 AM
If I owned and operated a tatoo parlor and a Nazi guy came in to my place and wanted a tatoo of Hitler's face on his arm, I'd give him a Betty Boop with a mustache instead. Then, all his Nazi buddies would be like, "Hey! Where'd you get the Betty Boop? I thought you were getting a Hitler! You can't be in our Nazi group anymore, man. Nazis don't have Betty Boops! Go join the Betty Boops next door. They want to kill all the calendar manufacturers."

FAX

BigRedChief
07-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I love Wikipedia

</SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
That was some of the best television ever made. If I was a multi millionaire I'd bought that flute.:thumb:

Adept Havelock
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
hmph. Been 10 years at least since I last saw the episode, though I have seen ti 5 or so times total, no doubt. Got chills at first and was misty eyed within a minute. Oy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606Vk2iSFNk

Thanks for that, Amnorix.

Donger
07-10-2008, 09:08 AM
It's relatively amazing that any of us ever got laid.

Frazod
07-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Not one of you even mentioned The Doomsday Machine.

GEEK FAIL

:shake:

StcChief
07-10-2008, 09:27 AM
It's relatively amazing that any of us ever got laid.Nerds could get a lotta crazy chicks back then...

now ST guys...couldn't get HJ

Amnorix
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM

GEEK FAIL

While commonly popular, it just ain't one of my favorites. :shrug:

Frazod
07-10-2008, 09:38 AM
That was some of the best television ever made. If I was a multi millionaire I'd bought that flute.:thumb:

I remember watching a TV show about that auction, complete with interviews with the cast members. They were absolutely stunned by the bids that crap pulled down.

And yes, if I had the cash, I'd have a room-full of Star Trek stuff.

I saw a three-foot long professional-quality model of the TOS Enterprise on eBay a few days ago, and even though I have absolutely nowhere to put it and my wife would kick my ass if it showed up on at the front door, I damn near bid on it anway.... just because.

Rausch
07-10-2008, 09:43 AM

GEEK FAIL

A single "Boys From Brazil" mention?

CINEMA FAIL...