PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Great tv shows on dvd?

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Recommend some shows i should buy on dvd that i could catch up on...

I currently am about to finish season 1 of "24" and i have all 6 seasons so far on dvd. I also watch Smallville on dvd and just recently purchased "its always sunny in philadelphia" season 1 and 2 on dvd.

Current shows i watch on tv are basically The Office and Hells Kitchen.

Are the FX shows worth a gander? Like "Rescue Me". I assume Heroes is a great show i need to get as well

My tv shows on dvd
Smallville
Arrested Development
Firefly
Southpark,Family Guy, Simpsons
The Office
Its always sunny in philadelphia

Buck
07-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Well Not too sure what you are into...but...

Arrested Development - Theres only 3 seasons but if you like the office, you will probably like this.

Lost - I dont know a single person who has started to watch the DVDs that didn't finish them within a month. I have gotten so many people who refused to watch this show into it. Most people hate on it at first but after the first viewing they are hooked. I've gotten 4 people hooked on Lost since last summer.

Heroes is a damn fine show. You can get season 1 for cheap depending where you go. We have a place called "Music Trader" here in SD where you can buy season 1 for $20.

Anyways, good luck finding stuff.

Deberg_1990
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Heroes Season 1 was great. I dont think the "abbrieviated" 2nd season is out yet, but ive heard its not as good??

MTG#10
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Dexter, Deadwood, The Sopranos, The Tudors, Oz, Entourage, Rome, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Lost, Six Feet Under, Firefly, Carnivale, Band of Brothers, South Park, Family Guy, 24, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are all of the shows I have on DVD...all seasons of all the shows as well.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I do own arrested development which i have seen parts of season 1, but love it! So Heroes and Lost ill have to try out....my friends mentioned those as great shows. Im too much of an internet geek to watch shows regularly except a rare few. Although since I go Dish and DVR i have found myself recording alot. I just saw a few eps of "its always sunny in philly" and LOVE it, recommend to those with a crude sense of humor.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Dexter, Deadwood, The Sopranos, The Tudors, Oz, Entourage, Rome, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Lost, Six Feet Under, Firefly, Carnivale, Band of Brothers, South Park, Family Guy, 24, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are all of the shows I have on DVD...all seasons of all the shows as well.

Wow nice collection....

I do own out of these Firefly, Family Guy, 24, and Band of Brothers. I have wanted to see the HBO shows, i assume those are all great!

MTG#10
07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I do own arrested development which i have seen parts of season 1, but love it! So Heroes and Lost ill have to try out....my friends mentioned those as great shows. Im too much of an internet geek to watch shows regularly except a rare few. Although since I go Dish and DVR i have found myself recording alot. I just saw a few eps of "its always sunny in philly" and LOVE it, recommend to those with a crude sense of humor.

I wouldnt get into Lost if I were you....it starts out great for the first two season or so but then it starts getting dumber and dumber and you want all of these mysteries answered but they always leave you hanging...then when they do answer them its totally gay and they introduce new mysteries that are even gayer...not worth your time.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I wouldnt get into Lost if I were you....it starts out great for the first two season or so but then it starts getting dumber and dumber and you want all of these mysteries answered but they always leave you hanging...then when they do answer them its totally gay and they introduce new mysteries that are even gayer...not worth your time.

LMAO

Seriously?? I heard 24 kept getting better so i bought advanced copies even though i heard season 6 was ok....but still i want a show that ill continue to watch for sure.

MTG#10
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow nice collection....

I do own out of these Firefly, Family Guy, 24, and Band of Brothers. I have wanted to see the HBO shows, i assume those are all great!

I cant really take full credit for this collection...most of them are courtesy of Netflix. The only ones I actually paid for were all 11 seasons of South Park, Band of Brothers, and Family Guy. And yes with the exception of Carnivale, all of those HBO shows are great. Carnivale is alright but far from great.

MTG#10
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
LMAO

Seriously?? I heard 24 kept getting better so i bought advanced copies even though i heard season 6 was ok....but still i want a show that ill continue to watch for sure.
I thought the first 3-4 season of 24 were good...season 5 was okay, havent watched season 6 yet but heard it wasnt very good.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I thought the first 3-4 season of 24 were good...season 5 was okay, havent watched season 6 yet but heard it wasnt very good.

Thats what my buddy said to but its rumored season 7 is supposed to be really good. I am already hooked,, ive watched 22/24 eps so far in about 5 days time

Buehler445
07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
We got That 70s show. It is pretty funny. Not really in line with what you watch, but it is something the wife and I can get into.

Might be worth a look. Some of the early seasons are pretty cheap.

DaFace
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Flight of the Conchords is one of my favs.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Finished 24 season 1, yeah i know why this show rocks now

dj56dt58
07-09-2008, 11:03 PM
my name is earl

ChiefsFan4Life
07-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Dexter, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm

old_geezer
07-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Can't believe "Dead Like Me" hasn't been mentioned so far. Along with "DeadWood" these are my 2 favorites. "Dead Like Me" has some great dark humor and a fantastic cast.

Sully
07-10-2008, 05:59 AM
My wife and I are re-working our way through "The West Wing." I picked up a show called "Undeclared," which I'm loving, and I'm thinking about going back and starting over with "The Shield."

irishjayhawk
07-10-2008, 07:49 AM

Did you stop watching in Season 3?

Season 3 was horrendous up until the last like 5 episodes. And season 4 continued at those last 5's pace. So, take Season 1 and 2 and end of 3 and 4 rather than letting the majority of Season 3 bother you.

MTG#10
07-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Did you stop watching in Season 3?

Season 3 was horrendous up until the last like 5 episodes. And season 4 continued at those last 5's pace. So, take Season 1 and 2 and end of 3 and 4 rather than letting the majority of Season 3 bother you.
No Ive watched every episode they've put out. Season 1 and 2 rocked...3 is when the show started going downhill and 4 was just plain stupid. It feels like the writers of the show introduced mysteries that they themselves didnt even know the answers to and now they're just making shit up on the spot.

Frosty
07-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Can't believe "Dead Like Me" hasn't been mentioned so far. Along with "DeadWood" these are my 2 favorites. "Dead Like Me" has some great dark humor and a fantastic cast.

+1 on "Dead Like Me". That was a great show and the sets are fairly cheap (I got them both for $15 on a "Buy One, Get One" sale at DeepDiscount).

I also agree with MTG about "Lost".

Demonpenz
07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
What
the
hell

NO LOVE FOR THE SHIELD?!?!?!?!?!

phisherman
07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
My wife and I are re-working our way through "The West Wing." I picked up a show called "Undeclared," which I'm loving, and I'm thinking about going back and starting over with "The Shield."

undeclared is awesome!

loudon wainwright is HILARIOUS as the dad.

HC_Chief
07-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Heroes

Molitoth
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
I've heard Rescue Me is quite an amazing show, as well as Dextur.

Lost and 24 are my favorites.

Midnight_Vulture
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
The Wire

QuikSsurfer
07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
undeclared is awesome!

****ing great show

Sully
07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
undeclared is awesome!

I picked up the entire series (something like 1.5 seasons) for about $15. I also got the entire SportsNight series for $30.

smittysbar
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
1. Prison Break - Man call me addicted, crazy good
2. Heroes - great show but pay attention
3. Deadwood - Great show but started to drag on in the last season, need something fresh.
4. Friday Night Lights - Sure most on here have watched, can't wait till next season
5. Reno 911 - My god this show will make you laugh.

Those are my Favorites

QuikSsurfer
07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm

irishjayhawk
07-10-2008, 01:58 PM
1. Prison Break - Man call me addicted, crazy good

Within each season, I'd agree. However, the overall storyline running through all the seasons is weak and almost non-existent. Each season, though, in itself, is good television. Just the story overall is: Break out (S1), On the Run (S2), Break out take 2 (S3), On the Run (S4).

2. Heroes - great show but pay attention

It's basically a less philosophical LOST. Damn good, though season 2 was horrible. In fact, I think the strike helped the story even if it kills off some viewers.

3. Deadwood - Great show but started to drag on in the last season, need something fresh.
4. Friday Night Lights - Sure most on here have watched, can't wait till next season
5. Reno 911 - My god this show will make you laugh.

Those are my Favorites

Haven't seen the first 2 but refuse to watch Reno.

El Jefe
07-10-2008, 02:03 PM
My collections contains:
1. The Office Seasons 1,2,3
2. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 1,2,3
3. News Radio Season 1 (hilarious show)
News Radio, is an older show and it's cast had a very young Andy Dick, and a very young Joe Rogan. Pretty interesting to see these two guys when they weren't as big as they are today.

Guru
07-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Heroes
Lost
Smallville
NCIS
Medium
Everybody Loves Raymond

all shows I would consider owning.

I would put Back to You in there too if it were going to continue. But it is dead.

Guru
07-11-2008, 01:16 AM
My collections contains:
1. The Office Seasons 1,2,3
2. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air 1,2,3
3. News Radio Season 1 (hilarious show)
News Radio, is an older show and it's cast had a very young Andy Dick, and a very young Joe Rogan. Pretty interesting to see these two guys when they weren't as big as they are today.

Nice call on Newsradio. I had forgotten about that show.:thumb:

ZootedGranny
07-11-2008, 01:38 AM
<----

Fruit Ninja
07-11-2008, 02:39 AM
No Ive watched every episode they've put out. Season 1 and 2 rocked...3 is when the show started going downhill and 4 was just plain stupid. It feels like the writers of the show introduced mysteries that they themselves didnt even know the answers to and now they're just making shit up on the spot.

This season of lost that just passed was pure badass. I never been so hooked on a show like i was with this passed season. Best tv show episode ever is when they did the time travel deal. TV doesnt get better then that.

Also, Burn Notice. I love that show.

Deberg_1990
07-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Its funny how alot of modern shows must have "continuity" or fans will dismiss it.

If you watch alot of the older shows from the 70's and 80's there really wasnt a whole lot of continuous storylines and continuity. Most hour long shows were self contained stories.

Guru
07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Its funny how alot of modern shows must have "continuity" or fans will dismiss it.

If you watch alot of the older shows from the 70's and 80's there really wasnt a whole lot of continuous storylines and continuity. Most hour long shows were self contained stories.

Tastes change. Attentions spans as well. heh

KcMizzou
07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Firefly!!!

I never saw it on TV... read about it online, and fell in love with it.

Buy it, you won't be sorry.

KcMizzou
07-11-2008, 10:29 PM

If you watch alot of the older shows from the 70's and 80's there really wasnt a whole lot of continuous storylines and continuity. Most hour long shows were self contained stories.I tend to prefer a show where an individual episode tells a complete story.

That's how X-Files lost me. At one time, it was a cool Twilight Zone kinda show with a little sci-fi thrown in... I loved it.

Next thing I knew, it was a sci-fi soap opera, and I didn't understand WTF was going on. That's why I can't get into Lost, 24, etc. I just can't be sure that I'll be able to watch every week.

The only way for me to enjoy those shows, is to download full seasons, or buy DVD boxed sets.

KcMizzou
07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Rescue Me.. great show.

Did i mention Firefly?

Guru
07-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Rescue Me.. great show.

Did i mention Firefly?

SWAT!!!! dead firefly :thumb:

KcMizzou
07-11-2008, 10:41 PM
SWAT!!!! dead firefly :thumb:It's brilliant, I tell ya, Brilliant!!

The weird thing is, I never saw it on TV, so i didn't support it at all. (I was probably too busy on Chiefsplanet) Yet, I'm still sad that it's gone. I wanna see more. :(

MTG#10
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Best tv show episode ever is when they did the time travel deal. TV doesnt get better then that.

:spock:

Fairplay
07-12-2008, 09:23 AM

100 percent agree with you on this post.

Sure-oz, don't bother.

irishjayhawk
07-12-2008, 11:38 AM
100 percent agree with you on this post.

Sure-oz, don't bother.

And I would counter with:

Look at the LOST thread. I bet the watchers out number the off-ers.

Baby Lee
07-12-2008, 12:03 PM
If you like The Office, check out the British original. It's a little darker and unrelenting in the pursuit of the pathetisad and stays closer to the documentary feel. The American Office has found it's own hilarious voice, but the BBC version is it's own little bit of utter genius.

As for TV shows to watch on DVD, I'll just go with shows no longer on;

Buffy
Angel
Firefly
The Office [BBC]
Coupling [BBC, think a dirtier, funnier, British, Friends]
Deadwood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Dead Like Me
Sopranos
Wonderfalls
Undeclared
Freaks and Geeks
The Wire
Arrested Development
The Larry Sanders Show
Hill Street Blues [only the first two seasons available, but the genesis of quality TV drama]

Baby Lee
07-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Firefly!!!

I never saw it on TV... read about it online, and fell in love with it.

Buy it, you won't be sorry.

slurpin' some Summer Glau.

angelo
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Boondocks
Arrested Development
Harsh Realm
Law and Order Criminal Intent (only with Goren and Eames)
Millennium
X-files
South Park
West Wing
Keen Eddie
Monty Python's All
Twilight Zone All
Pinky and the Brain
Sopranos

I have more I am not at home to look

Ang

Vegas_Dave
07-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Scrubs.

I love just popping in the discs and hitting "Play All" (episodes).

Great show.

Sure-Oz
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Lots of great suggestions, thanks guys...got my stimulus check so i know where im going hehe (ill put a good chunk in savings too tho ha)

Baby Lee
07-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Oh, I just remembered, the first season of Twin Peaks. . . . the Genesis of Appointment TV and breathless water cooler talk the morning after.

Buck
08-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I want to keep this thread going. IMO, TV shows on DVD (or Blu-Ray) are a much better value for the money you pay, just because you get so much more.

I just bought Firefly so Im pumped about that.

I finished Prison Break seasons 1-3 and I recommend them highly. Critics say the show fell off in Season 3, but they said the same about Lost.

Anyways, if anyone has anything new, throw it up there.

I am debating on whether or not I should pick up The Sarah Connor Chronicles right now.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I want to keep this thread going. IMO, TV shows on DVD (or Blu-Ray) are a much better value for the money you pay, just because you get so much more.

I just bought Firefly so Im pumped about that.

I finished Prison Break seasons 1-3 and I recommend them highly. Critics say the show fell off in Season 3, but they said the same about Lost.

Anyways, if anyone has anything new, throw it up there.

I am debating on whether or not I should pick up The Sarah Connor Chronicles right now.

That's because Prison Break's over arching themes and storyline aren't there. They are great stories within each season but you have to take each season on it's own. If you put them together, you have a pile of shit: Break out. Run. Break out.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
That's because Prison Break's over arching themes and storyline aren't there. They are great stories within each season but you have to take each season on it's own. If you put them together, you have a pile of shit: Break out. Run. Break out.

24 is pretty much the same thing. While a well made show, its the same thing every season. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I got bored with it after the 3rd or 4th season.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 06:46 PM
24 is pretty much the same thing. While a well made show, its the same thing every season. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I got bored with it after the 3rd or 4th season.

Except 24 built that into the premise. Each was 1 day. Prison Break purports to have season to season story lines. I can't even begin to name the characters they've neglected, killed, or forgotten about.

KcMizzou
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I really enjoyed the first two seasons of The Shield on DVD. Gonna have to pick up season 3.

irishjayhawk
08-29-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I really enjoyed the first two seasons of The Shield on DVD. Gonna have to pick up season 3.

Thanks for reminding me about The Shield. I've been wondering what song played on their ad for the Final Season.

TrickyNicky
08-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Venture Bros. Season 1 and 2

Buck
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
So I'm getting this real itch to pick up The Wire season 1. Is it worth it?

raybec 4
11-22-2008, 11:41 AM
So I'm getting this real itch to pick up The Wire season 1. Is it worth it?

Great show.

Cave Johnson
11-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Mad Men. It's the best show on TV right now by a mile.

Baby Lee
11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Mad Men. It's the best show on TV right now by a mile.
This clip is great on it's own, but only watching the entire season could prepare how mind blowingly awesome it is in context.

In a nutshell, in case you can't sense it, there is profound subtext to Don's pitch, and it shows how [and how well] he takes all of life in, the good and the bad, and creates his craft, the ad pitch.

MOF, It's so powerful a clip, in context, that I'd suggest you not spoil it, if you're already certain you're going to watch.

Rewatching it went beyond bawling to shuddering and convulsing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2bLNkCqpuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2bLNkCqpuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PS I like the show.

Buck
12-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I just picked up the complete series of the Wire (5 seasons) for $90 on Bestbuy.com

All HBO DVDs are 50% off right now.

I actually picked up Season 1 and 2 last night for $27 each, but when I saw this deal I bought the whole series. I'll take the Season 1 and 2 back tonight to get a refund.

I also picked up Season 1 of Flight of the Conchords last night for $13.49.

Great show.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 10:09 AM
This clip is great on it's own, but only watching the entire season could prepare how mind blowingly awesome it is in context.

In a nutshell, in case you can't sense it, there is profound subtext to Don's pitch, and it shows how [and how well] he takes all of life in, the good and the bad, and creates his craft, the ad pitch.

MOF, It's so powerful a clip, in context, that I'd suggest you not spoil it, if you're already certain you're going to watch.

Rewatching it went beyond bawling to shuddering and convulsing.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2bLNkCqpuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

PS I like the show.

And the lyrics are as positive, and affirmative, as anything I've heard in rock.

Buck
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
So many deals at BEST BUY, must resist temptation, dont know how much longer I can hold on!!!

patteeu
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know if any of this will interest you, but I've watched a few older TV series on DVD by getting them from the library, blockbuster, or netflix.

The Rockford Files - Detective drama from the mid 1970s starred James Garner as a pardoned ex-con private investigator who used his wits, his driving skill, and his ability to con information out of people instead of a gun to get the bad guys.

Stargate SG-1 (and Stargate Atlantis) - My whole family really enjoys these. We've been watching a few episodes per week for the past few months. We're on Season 8 of SG-1 and we just started watching Atlantis.

Combat! - 1960s WWII drama. It was critically acclaimed at the time but it's pretty ancient by TV standards today. I used to see it in reruns as a kid so I watch mainly for the sake of nostalgia.

I also endorse some of the shows mentioned earlier like Firefly and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

noa
12-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I just picked up the complete series of the Wire (5 seasons) for $90 on Bestbuy.com

All HBO DVDs are 50% off right now.

That's an amazing deal. I might have to go do that myself.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Quantum Leap
Moonlighting
Greatest American Hero

Buck
12-24-2008, 12:28 PM
That's an amazing deal. I might have to go do that myself.

DO IT!

The funny thing is that I've only seen the first 2 episodes of season one, so I hope that I like the show. I liked the 2 episodes.

I am pretty sure I'll like it based on its reviews. I need a cop-drama show anyways.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Moonlighting

Are all the seasons out for that now? I only have season 1-2.

Not that it matter much i guess. That show jumped the shark quick after season 3.

Jenson71
12-24-2008, 01:22 PM
The Wire and The Sopranos and The Office are my choices. I'm getting Rome for Christmas, so we'll see how that goes.

KCChiefsMan
12-24-2008, 06:50 PM

I agree, Lost lost me

Fried Meat Ball!
12-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Are all the seasons out for that now? I only have season 1-2.

Not that it matter much i guess. That show jumped the shark quick after season 3.

Yep, they're all out now.

patteeu
12-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I disagree with the people who were lost by Lost. It continues to be a kick ass show afaic. I'm a little less gung ho about Heroes although I still watch it hoping it will rebound to the quality it demonstrated in season 1.

Buck
01-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I just bought seasons 2.0, 2.5, 3, and 4.0 and Razor of Battlestar Galactica.

I already own season one and am halfway through and all my friends who watch it (the guys I watch Lost, Heroes, Jericho, Firefly, Arrested Development, etc. with) tell me that its right down my alley.

Since they are all on sale at Best Buy this week, I went ahead and picked them up.

Its a great show so far, and I hear that it only gets better.

Frazod
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Battlestar Galactica 4.0 is out on DVD today.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Saw the pilot for Burn Notice and enjoyed it....it's $20 for season 1 on amazon right now

Frazod
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Saw the pilot for Burn Notice and enjoyed it....it's $20 for season 1 on amazon right now

I may pick that up as well.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I may pick that up as well.

I would buy it but waiting on my next paycheck...hope its still $20 then

Buck
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Battlestar Galactica 4.0 is out on DVD today.

Yeah, I bought it AND Razor, then found out later that Razor comes w/ 4.0.

That wasn't explained on bestbuy.com

After leaving the store, I noticed a "Spearmint smell" coming from my best buy bag and there was a huge wad of gum, half way in its wrapper (like someone spit it out and then didnt throw it away) stuck on my Razor dvd. I thought about going back but I said fuck it and just took off the plastic wrap.

Then I find out that Razor is in 4.0, so now they better give me a refund on that Razor w/out the plastic wrap...Its still sealed at the top though with that DVD Sticker.

lazepoo
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I just bought seasons 2.0, 2.5, 3, and 4.0 and Razor of Battlestar Galactica.

I already own season one and am halfway through and all my friends who watch it (the guys I watch Lost, Heroes, Jericho, Firefly, Arrested Development, etc. with) tell me that its right down my alley.

Since they are all on sale at Best Buy this week, I went ahead and picked them up.

Its a great show so far, and I hear that it only gets better.

What was the sale price? I stopped watching when I moved and the new cable network didn't carry SciFi, but I loved the show.

Buck
01-06-2009, 03:33 PM
What was the sale price? I stopped watching when I moved and the new cable network didn't carry SciFi, but I loved the show.

2.0 - $30
2.5 - $30
3 - $35
4.0 - $32 (or $38 for the gift set)

I think 1 is like $40, but I already own it.

Buck
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
So I just started watching Buffy Season 1.

I made a deal with my bud that if I watched Buffy, he had to watch the Wire.

So Far, I would say he's happier he took the bet, but I've heard that Season 1 of Buffy is hard to get through.

I am enjoying it, I've seen probably 6 episodes so far, and While I enjoy watching it, I would definitely have already tuned out if we didn't have a deal.

KcMizzou
04-20-2009, 06:21 PM

So Far, I would say he's happier he took the bet, but I've heard that Season 1 of Buffy is hard to get through.

I am enjoying it, I've seen probably 6 episodes so far, and While I enjoy watching it, I would definitely have already tuned out if we didn't have a deal.It does get a lot better.

I mean, it's not The Wire, obviously... but it's a lot of fun.

A GAZ favorite.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I know I'm way behind the times, but the wife and I rented the first disk of 30 Rock, Season 1. We're really enjoying it. Will have to buy the first two seasons now.

Talisman
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I know I'm way behind the times, but the wife and I rented the first disk of 30 Rock, Season 1. We're really enjoying it. Will have to buy the first two seasons now.

The wife and I just got done watching the first 2 seasons of 30 Rock on Netflix streaming and it was friggin' hilarious. Highly recommended.

I just finished the first season of Weeds. It's a really funny and cleverly written show that you don't hear a lot about.

Dexter is good if you like some drama with your dark comedy. I've only watched the first two seasons, but both had really good over-arching storylines that kept you popping in the next disc.

Entourage is a great show with a continual storyline. The characters are all very well cast and likable in their own way.

(For reference, I own seasons of Arrested Development, The Office, 24, Heroes, Entourage, and House. I enjoy/enjoyed but don't own: The Sopranos, Lost, Deadwood, The Shield, and others I can't think of right now.)

Buehler445
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM

I am enjoying it, I've seen probably 6 episodes so far, and While I enjoy watching it, I would definitely have already tuned out if we didn't have a deal.

ROFL you got hosed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
ROFL you got hosed.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, but Hes been trying to get me to watch it forever, and he was refusing to watch The Wire, so I made the deal really to get him to watch it. He's fallen in love, while I'm mildly entertained.

Baby Lee
04-21-2009, 05:23 AM
I know, but Hes been trying to get me to watch it forever, and he was refusing to watch The Wire, so I made the deal really to get him to watch it. He's fallen in love, while I'm mildly entertained.

The first episodes are merely 'mildly entertaining,' but there will come a time where you are in awe of what you are seeing.
I can't say Buffy is the 'greatest' series overall, but it has several of the best episodes of a show in the history of TV. Episodes where you can mention the title to someone who hasn't seen it in a decade and their eyes will widen in recollection. 'The Body,' 'Hush,' 'Once More with Feeling.'

Give it until the two part season two finale 'Becoming I&II' before you give a final judgment.

Buck
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM
The Office Season 5 comes out on DVD today. w00t!

I love the deleted scenes on the DVDs as they are just as funny as the show. It pretty much shows that 70% of that show is improv.

Buck
09-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh, and I'm picking up Fringe season 1 on DVD today as well.

I saw about the first 6 episodes and loved the show. I was into too many shows at the time, so I'm glad I finally get to catch up.

Now I have DVR so I can record the new season too.

AZORChiefFan
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
The Middle Man it was a show on ABC Family only 12 episodes. It's basically a geekgasm a minute. Throughout the show there are tons of references to old SciFi movies/TV shows, comic books, geek culture in general. Great writing and fun ratatatat dialogue. Doesn't have the best in special effects or sets but it's definitely worth checking out.

From wikipedia:

A struggling female artist is recruited by a secret agency to fight against evil forces.<sup id="cite_ref-ABCFamPR_2-0" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Middleman_%28TV_series%29#cite_note-ABCFamPR-2)</sup> The pilot episode features a super-intelligent ape who escapes captivity, murders several members of the Italian Mafia, spouts a half dozen catch phrases from American movies on the subject including Scarface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarface), Goodfellas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodfellas) and The Godfather (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather), before being revealed as the pawn of the true villain.

The Middleman is a freelance fixer of "exotic problems," which include mad scientists bent on taking over the world, hostile aliens and various supernatural threats. Because of Wendy Watson's coolness under pressure and photographic memory, Ida, a robot in the form of a grumpy schoolmarm, and the Middleman recruit her to become the next Middleman. The series includes various pop-culture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop-culture) references, including many comic books, such as when Wendy calls herself "Robin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_%28Batman%29) the Boy Hostage", a quote from The Dark Knight Returns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns) by Frank Miller (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Miller_%28comics%29), demonstrating how Robin was often kidnapped or held at gunpoint by Batman's enemies.

Wendy lives in an illegal sublet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublet) apartment with her young, photogenic, animal activist friend Lacey, across the hall from lyric-spouting Noser, and had a boyfriend in film school named Ben.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/StG2a1vjC4w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/StG2a1vjC4w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Middleman is an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) television series. The series, which was developed for television by Javier Grillo-Marxuach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Grillo-Marxuach) he was a writer and producer on the first 2 seasons of lost.

This show has everything

Ghosts,
Mexican Wrestlers,
Zombie Flying Fish,
Clay Soldiers
Machine gun toting mob movie quoting gorillas.
Aliens addicted to plastic surgery

the list goes on and on.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I got 24 season 7 for my bday (finally, i need to catch up now)

I also want to buy smallville season 8 since im almost done with season 7 and get the new office dvd as well

Buehler445
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I recently picked up Season 8 of SCRUBS.

blaise
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
It's an old show, but I own Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Season 3. I think it's great.
Another show I like (this isn't for everybody, I'm sure. Probably a bit boring for some) is called Foyle's War. It's about a police detective in England during WW2. He has to manage police work with everything going on with the war. It's very dry in that British fashion, but it's well made and well written.

Kyle DeLexus
09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
House M.D. :)

Buehler445
09-08-2009, 11:58 PM
House M.D. :)

Dude. I freaking love that show.....Damn it. Whenever USA plays their marathons or whatever, even though they're all out of order and disjointed, I still can't fuggin quit watching.

Buck
11-06-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Firefly%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B4+Discs%5D+-+DVD/6096681.p?id=1324175&skuId=6096681&st=Firefly

Everyone who does not own this series needs to jump on this immediately. I don't care if you've never seen it, it will be well worth it.

If you buy it and don't like it, then you can neg rep me, but for $13 this is a cant miss.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Firefly%3A+The+Complete+Series+%5B4+Discs%5D+-+DVD/6096681.p?id=1324175&skuId=6096681&st=Firefly

Everyone who does not own this series needs to jump on this immediately. I don't care if you've never seen it, it will be well worth it.

If you buy it and don't like it, then you can neg rep me, but for $13 this is a cant miss.

If you dislike this show you pretty much suck at everything

Buck
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
If you dislike this show you pretty much suck at everything

Damn straight.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Damn straight.

i just followed you on twitter:eek:

Buck
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Ahhh, so thats you. Too bad I don't really post on there.

cardken
11-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Got the entire series of WKRP in Cincinnati. Great stuff, really underated. And entire series of The Greatest American Hero. Great stuff

Fruit Ninja
11-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Chuck Season 1. Season 2 isnt out yet.

I think Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy is out. (top notch show)

irishjayhawk
11-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Chuck Season 1. Season 2 isnt out yet.

I think Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy is out. (top notch show)

Season 2 out in January when allegedly it's going back on air.

OnTheWarpath58
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I highly recommend Rescue Me.

A buddy of mine who's stepdad is a firefighter said I should try it.

I've been going though a season a week with Netflix. Starting Season 5 on Monday - trouble is that Season 5 Part 2 is yet to be released, as well as Season 6. So I'm going to have a long wait to get caught up.

Buck
04-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Hey fuckers.

I've spent the last month watching The Shield, Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy.

So now I need something new to watch. I need your help deciding what.

I have The Sopranos complete series (never seen an episode)
Freaks and Geeks (about 10 episodes left)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Saw 1 episode)
Fringe (saw about 8 episodes)
Deadwood (saw about 8 episodes)
Dead Like Me (seen 0 episodes)
Six Feet Under (seen 0 episodes)
30 Rock (seen like 8 episodes)

so what do u think?

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Hey ****ers.

I've spent the last month watching The Shield, Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy.

so what do u think?

There is no debate. Freaks and Geeks.

Buck
04-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks mang.

Baby Lee
04-05-2010, 05:53 AM
ROFL 'no debate' ROFL

Buck - how's your mind? had your fill of dark and tense for the time being? If so, mix up 30R and Curb for a bit. I wouldn't marathon Curb though. Curb's great, but I'd imagine if they were piled all on top of each other, the effectiveness of each indiv ep would be muted.

DLM is a decent breather, if you were a Wonderfalls or Pushing Daisies fan, it has a similar vibe. Outlandish, absurd even, premise that still feels homey and comfortable.

6FU is middle of the road between comedic and dark/dramatic elements. Centers on being essentially a family drama.

Sopranos, geez it's hard to imagine just getting started on something so big. I'd say a lot of the same things as about 6FU except moreso. Funnier funny, more dramatic drama, darker darkers, lighter lights. And tons of plot developments/scenes/quotes that, at the time of first viewing, you couldn't wait to share with others.

So it depends on your mood. If you're looking for serious viewing of good TV, start in on Sopranos or finish Deadwood. If you're looking to lighten up for a bit, mix in some Curb. And sure, get yourself closure on the rest of F&G.

Truth be told, can't really miss with anything you've listed.

rad
04-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Dexter.

patteeu
04-05-2010, 07:00 AM
There is no debate. Freaks and Geeks.

I wouldn't say "no debate", but I'd agree with irishjayhawk here just because you could knock this one out in no time and then your list would be one series shorter.

Buck
04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
ROFL 'no debate' ROFL

Buck - how's your mind? had your fill of dark and tense for the time being? If so, mix up 30R and Curb for a bit. I wouldn't marathon Curb though. Curb's great, but I'd imagine if they were piled all on top of each other, the effectiveness of each indiv ep would be muted.

DLM is a decent breather, if you were a Wonderfalls or Pushing Daisies fan, it has a similar vibe. Outlandish, absurd even, premise that still feels homey and comfortable.

6FU is middle of the road between comedic and dark/dramatic elements. Centers on being essentially a family drama.

Sopranos, geez it's hard to imagine just getting started on something so big. I'd say a lot of the same things as about 6FU except moreso. Funnier funny, more dramatic drama, darker darkers, lighter lights. And tons of plot developments/scenes/quotes that, at the time of first viewing, you couldn't wait to share with others.

So it depends on your mood. If you're looking for serious viewing of good TV, start in on Sopranos or finish Deadwood. If you're looking to lighten up for a bit, mix in some Curb. And sure, get yourself closure on the rest of F&G.

Truth be told, can't really miss with anything you've listed.

Dexter.

I wouldn't say "no debate", but I'd agree with irishjayhawk here just because you could knock this one out in no time and then your list would be one series shorter.

Man the amount of DVDs I bought and never watched when I was employed is quite astounding. I would have listed more options but I was using an iPod at the time and it was getting tedious.

I don't know why I ever stopped watching Freaks and Geeks, that was a pretty funny show that reminded me of High School. I could bang that out in one or two days.

Other shows that I own and need to watch eventually.

True Blood (I only own season 1)
Veronica Mars (I think I have 3 seasons)
The 4400 (I have 2 seasons)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer****(I'll explain this one below)
Mr. Show (Complete Series)#
Extras (Complete Series)#
Flight of the Conchords (Season 2 / I already saw season 1)
Prison Break (Season 4)
The I.T. Crowd (Season 1)
How I Met Your Mother (I have Season 1 and 2)

I'm sure I have more but I'm pretty sleep depraved right now.

# - I watched 1 episode of each of these and didn't really like it.

Buffy - I got almost all the way through Season 1. I have 3 episodes left but haven't watched in a while. Its just sooooo bad right now, I have no motivation to watch it. However, all my friends tell me I just have to get through season 1 and the rest is money.

patteeu
04-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Holy cow, Buck. You're single-handedly keeping the entertainment industry afloat. Thanks.

Baby Lee
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Buffy - I got almost all the way through Season 1. I have 3 episodes left but haven't watched in a while. Its just sooooo bad right now, I have no motivation to watch it. However, all my friends tell me I just have to get through season 1 and the rest is money.

Add me to the chorus, Whedon was still finding his sea legs with season 1, which was very low budget as well. See if you can make it to 'Becoming' parts 1 & 2. If you're not on board at that point, I'll agree it's probably not for you.

But interspersed throughout are some amazing standalone episodes. Hush, The Gift, Once More with Feeling. Whedon really flexed some muscles in story telling. I actually teared up RIGHT NOW, thinking about 'The Body,' and it's been a good 5-6 years since I saw it.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Dexter - buy them all NOW
Seinfeld - best TV sitcom of all time
True Blood
Weeds
Friday night lights - don't ask me why I like it, but I do
How I met your mother
Six Feet Under
Southpark
Curb your enthusiasm
Modern Family

those are some of my favorites

Dayze
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Sopranos.

Similar ot "Lost"; my wife and I watch the entire series in about 3 months.

Lost and Soprano's are my favorite shows.

24 Used to be; last season sucked; and we have 6 episodes recorded from this season that we're putting off lol. We watched one of them the other night and it was god awful.

others I could consider owning:
Seinfeld
Night Court (I usd to watch that all the time)
In Living Color
Arrested Development
Magnum P.I.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey ****ers.

so what do u think?

If you liked Seinfeld than you could appreciate Curb. I would recommend that first. then switch to Six Feet Under, great show! Dead Like Me is pretty good and I like 30 Rock for goofy comedy. Never seen the other options.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I was also needed more shows to watch on DVD and to my delight, netflix added a bunch to their instant watch that I have never seen but have always wanted to.

netflix now has available for instant watch:
Prison Break - all of the seasons and I'm currently in the beginning of season 1 and I like it so far
X-Files - never seen an episode in my life, will start to watch it when I'm done with prison break
24 - all seasons, I've seen the 1st season and I liked it and will watch the rest

so, that should last me a long time. I love netflix instant watch on the 360!!

Baby Lee
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
X-Files - never seen an episode in my life, will start to watch it when I'm done with prison break
ROFL - recall a Christmas eve argument when pops wanted, and could not wait, to watch the latest episode of X-files. He was really into it. No one else watched it, and Mom wanted a TV-free evening together.

Fun times.

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Man the amount of DVDs I bought and never watched when I was employed is quite astounding. I would have listed more options but I was using an iPod at the time and it was getting tedious.

I don't know why I ever stopped watching Freaks and Geeks, that was a pretty funny show that reminded me of High School. I could bang that out in one or two days.

Other shows that I own and need to watch eventually.

True Blood (I only own season 1)
Veronica Mars (I think I have 3 seasons)
The 4400 (I have 2 seasons)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer****(I'll explain this one below)
Mr. Show (Complete Series)#
Extras (Complete Series)#
Flight of the Conchords (Season 2 / I already saw season 1)
Prison Break (Season 4)
The I.T. Crowd (Season 1)
How I Met Your Mother (I have Season 1 and 2)

I'm sure I have more but I'm pretty sleep depraved right now.

# - I watched 1 episode of each of these and didn't really like it.

Bold: Must sees.
Underlined: Return em.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Curb and Dexter, you will not be disappoint.

Buck
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Italics: Return em.

You are now aware that every word inside the quote box is in italics.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Italics: Return em.

return True Blood, Mr Show and FOTC??????? :eek:

Baby Lee
04-05-2010, 03:58 PM

There is no debate!!!

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM

That didn't workout as I wanted. It italicized everything because of the quote. Whoops.

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
There is no debate!!!

What would we do without you, resident literalist, BL?

CoMoChief
04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Flight of the Conchords is one of my favs.

2nd season was fuckin retarded. loved the first season though

CoMoChief
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
My Faves:

Entourage
Band of Brothers
Scrubs
Breaking Bad
The Office
Arrested Development
Family Guy
It's Always Sunny In Philly
Deadwood
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Curb Your Enthusiasm

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
2nd season was ****in retarded. loved the first season though

Exactly.

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
My Faves:

Entourage
Band of Brothers
Scrubs
Breaking Bad
The Office
Arrested Development
Family Guy
It's Always Sunny In Philly
Deadwood
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Curb Your Enthusiasm

My faves.

Entourage Seasons 1-3 are solid. After is just crap with spotty good episodes.
Family Guy's early stuff was good but since, meh.
IASIP - Hit or miss. When it's on, it's on.

Buck
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I was wrong about Freaks and Geeks. I only have like 5 episodes left.

irishjayhawk
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Even more reason there is no debate on what you should watch next.

Buck
04-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm already watching it.

KcMizzou
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Freaks and Geeks was a great show. Kinda cool seeing all the actors that have gone on to other things. Love the opening music.

Reaper16
04-05-2010, 08:22 PM
30 Rock blows.

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2010, 09:47 PM
30 Rock blows.

nope

HoneyBadger
04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Seinfeld
Married... with Children

Sure-Oz
04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
They really need to come out with more than 1 season of whos the boss, im pissed

Miles
04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
30 Rock blows.

Overrated yeah. But ≠ blows.

Miles
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
If you don't mind subtitles check this out. It is up there with the best HBO has done.

http://www.amazon.com/Epitafios-Complete-Season-Julio-Ch%C3%A1vez/dp/B000G1R4TI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1270590108&sr=8-1-spell

patteeu
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
They really need to come out with more than 1 season of whos the boss, im pissed

I got the first season of Mork & Mindy from my local library to show my kids because I remembered liking it as a kid myself. It wasn't as good for me the second time around but my kids loved it. So I got seasons 2 and 3 from netflix. After finishing those (which I thought were pretty bad even when I was young), they want me to get the final season, season 4. I was surprised to find out that unlike the first three seasons, season 4 is only available as a part of the complete 4 season set (and it's not available through netflix). No way am I going to buy the whole series just to get the most hokey season of the series.

Frosty
04-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah, the last season of Mork & Mindy went from stupid yet mildly amusing to beyond bad.

You could always rent a season of Alf instead. :)

Sure-Oz
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I got the first season of Mork & Mindy from my local library to show my kids because I remembered liking it as a kid myself. It wasn't as good for me the second time around but my kids loved it. So I got seasons 2 and 3 from netflix. After finishing those (which I thought were pretty bad even when I was young), they want me to get the final season, season 4. I was surprised to find out that unlike the first three seasons, season 4 is only available as a part of the complete 4 season set (and it's not available through netflix). No way am I going to buy the whole series just to get the most hokey season of the series.

I watched that back in the day...i remember it not being great. Who's the Boss was probably one of my favorite shows back in the day. I am irritated that atleast they didnt release all the seasons. They just quit after the 1st...so i hesitate to buy it not knowing if they'll release more.

WilliamTheIrish
04-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Take Baby Lee's advice and try The Larry Sanders Show. It's an HBO production and funny as hell. Jeffry Tambor and Rip Torn just killed in this show.

patteeu
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Take Baby Lee's advice and try The Larry Sanders Show. It's an HBO production and funny as hell. Jeffry Tambor and Rip Torn just killed in this show.

The Larry Sanders Show was great!

Baby Lee
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
The Larry Sanders Show was great!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D89eOYo0kpw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D89eOYo0kpw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IgHGuaUU4MU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IgHGuaUU4MU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

blaise
04-12-2010, 05:59 AM
On the topic of TV shows: Dixie Carter died. Who's gonna take care of Sam now?

Buck
04-12-2010, 08:58 AM
So do I have to classify True Blood as a guilty pleasure? Is it a show for women?

I'm 9 or so eps into the first season and it's great.

PS, I think Sam is a

Werewolf

irishjayhawk
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
So do I have to classify True Blood as a guilty pleasure? Is it a show for women?

PS, I think Sam is a

Werewolf

I couldn't get past the southern accents.

Frazod
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
I picked up Season 3 of Night Court - the first season with Markie Post. I have no interest in pre-Markie Post Night Court.

Ummmm Markie :drool:

Otter
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Went through a couple of responses and didn't see this one mentioned yet:

Californication

A showtime original series: http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Californication_Season_1/70072583?lnkctr=wnph_cr_bs&trkid=921749

Reaper16
04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Screw DVDs! Netflix has put up a ton of shows in HD for streaming in the past month. In the past three weeks alone I've noticed Resuce Me, Weeds, My Name Is Earl, Arrested Development, The X-Files, 24 and lesser shows like Fox's Bones and Prison Break.

KcMizzou
04-14-2010, 07:13 PM

PS, I think Sam is a

WerewolfI really like it. It's fun.

Season 2 isn't quite as good as Season 1, but it's still good. I'm looking forward to more.

Buck
04-14-2010, 07:21 PM
I really like it. It's fun.

Season 2 isn't quite as good as Season 1, but it's still good. I'm looking forward to more.

I like season 2 so far. I'm on the 6th episode I think. Also I want to find out WTF that chick is exactly.

Also the scene with the pastors wife, Jason, and the bath tub gave me...well you know.

Thig Lyfe
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
2nd season was fuckin retarded. loved the first season though

2nd season FOTC is way underrated. I think people get hung up on the songs not being as good as season 1 (which is to be expected, since season 1 used up a brilliant back catalog while season 2 forced them to pump out a bunch of new songs in a short timeframe), but the non-musical portions are just as hilarious as ever. The Prime Minister episode is right up there with anything in season 1.

30 Rock blows.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Reaper16
04-14-2010, 07:58 PM
You couldn't be more wrong.
I was exaggerating but not by too much. At its strongest 30 Rock has been mildly entertaining to me. Mostly it just fails to make me laugh.

Buck
04-15-2010, 05:48 AM
I couldn't get past the southern accents.

You should try. This is one of the best HBO shows I've seen. Top 5 on my list anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay
04-16-2010, 07:14 AM
c I'm getting Rome for Christmas, so we'll see how that goes.

There are some naked people running around on that show Jenson.

Buck
05-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Restarting Buffy. I made it through 9 episodes so far but I stopped because I hated it. Everyone has told me it gets better starting at season 2 so I'm finishing up these last 3 season 1 eps before I move on.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I just bought the ultimate gijoe collection for $97 on amazon, holy crap

Buck
05-14-2010, 09:23 AM
I just bought the ultimate gijoe collection for $97 on amazon, holy crap

Why?

I hope you have a kid.

patteeu
05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
The only season of the NBC series Kings is on DVD and worth watching. It's an alt reality show about a monarchy set in a modern American-like city and loosely based on the biblical story of David (as in David and Goliath). You don't have to be religious to enjoy it though. It's more of a fantasy drama and it had a surprisingly reasonable ending for a show cancelled after one season.

Sure-Oz
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Why?

I hope you have a kid.

I bought it for myself, i have a huge collection of 80's cartoons and 90's cartoons. When i have kids in the future they'll have some good old school stuff to watch. I have full seasons of Thundercats, Gijoe now, Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Ducktales, i can go on...

irishjayhawk
05-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Heroes being cancelled brought up a hilarious point:

In 2007, Heroes took the TCA Best Show award stealing it from - get this - Season 4 of The Wire.

Most critics were tweeting about wanting to take it back.

Baby Lee
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Rome movie greenlit and in production [per Adam Carolla podcast with creator William MacDonald].

moved forward 15 years.

Jenson71
05-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Rome movie greenlit and in production [per Adam Carolla podcast with creator William MacDonald].

moved forward 15 years.

Oh, that's exciting. I guess that would be 15 BC, with Augustus well into his reign by then.

Where do you think they will go with it? The events of the era seem to indicate that it would be more of a character/historical study rather than a military epic or a showcase of great events (like the Civil Wars were).

Baby Lee
05-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Restarting Buffy. I made it through 9 episodes so far but I stopped because I hated it. Everyone has told me it gets better starting at season 2 so I'm finishing up these last 3 season 1 eps before I move on.

Ever make it to the end of S2?

Buck
06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks to Reaper for pointing this out.

The Wire the complete series is $90 on AMAZON.com for today only!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27