PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Xbox 360 Elite

G-MONEY
07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks in large part to the advice received from you guys I've decided to buy and Xbox 360. But should I shell out the money for the Elite or will the regular 360 suit me? Is it worth the extra cash? What are the major benefits of the elite? Thanks in advance

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
The Elite has a much larger HD, if you're planning on storing a massive media library. Also the elite is black, and has an HDMI cord included. If you have an HD TV, an HDMI cord is a must.

But the Pro is supposed to drop to $299 here in a week or so, and the Elite is still about $450 I believe.

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
So if you have an expensive HDTV, and you really want a 120GB HD as opposed to a 20GB HD, you could go ahead and get the Elite.

But I believe the newer pro models are supposed to have an HDMI port, but no cord included. I'm not sure though, and if that's the case, and you don't care about all the extra storage, I'd buy the Pro for $300 and spent $70 on an HDMI cord.

G-MONEY
07-11-2008, 02:45 PM
If I don't have HD TV is there any reason to get the Elite?

pr_capone
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Why spend that much for an HDMI cable?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12836

I have purchased from them before. It takes a bit since it is comming from China but everything I have purchased from them is extremely well made and cheap as dirt.

pr_capone
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
If I don't have HD TV is there any reason to get the Elite?

Only if you want the bigger HD. But even then you can just get the most basic unit available and purchase a bigger hard drive. You will still save some money.

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
If I don't have HD TV is there any reason to get the Elite?The massive amount of storage. 120GB is totally excessive and unnecessary in my mind, but I suppose there are a select few people that can actually use that much space on their gaming console.

If you're just planning to play sports games and such, go with the Pro. I'm not sure when the price drop goes into effect, but $300 for the supposedly reconfigured 360 Pro is a great deal.

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Why spend that much for an HDMI cable?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12836

I have purchased from them before. It takes a bit since it is comming from China but everything I have purchased from them is extremely well made and cheap as dirt.The XBox has a different HDMI port configuration. I had to buy an adapter(older model XBox) that basically has that HDMI cord and an adapter. I'm pretty sure the XBox HDMI port is set up so you have to buy the XBox HDMI cord. I could be wrong though.

bishop_74
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
WAIT!!!!!!!

XBOX 360 price drop (http://kotaku.com/5022926/gamestops-leaked-xbox-360-price-drop-info)

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
There ya go.

Hold off until Sunday it appears. You'll save yourself $50, and you could use that money to buy NCAA '09 here in a few days.

pr_capone
07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
The XBox has a different HDMI port configuration. I had to buy an adapter(older model XBox) that basically has that HDMI cord and an adapter. I'm pretty sure the XBox HDMI port is set up so you have to buy the XBox HDMI cord. I could be wrong though.

you are correct it seems.... lol

found a "hack" tho

http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

G-MONEY
07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
There ya go.

Hold off until Sunday it appears. You'll save yourself $50, and you could use that money to buy NCAA '09 here in a few days.

That's what I was planning on doing. This price drop could not have come at a better time for me :)

Guru
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
get the pro

Jewish Rabbi
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
The Elite has a much larger HD, if you're planning on storing a massive media library. Also the elite is black, and has an HDMI cord included. If you have an HD TV, an HDMI cord is a must.

But the Pro is supposed to drop to $299 here in a week or so, and the Elite is still about $450 I believe.
HDMI is not a must for HDTVs, especially with the 360. If you only have a 720p HDTV, component cables are perfectly capable of displaying that resolution to its full extent. Also, look at the backs of the games you have. Personally I don't own one that is 1080p naturally, so it would just be the 360 upscaling them, so you're not gaining too much.

Guru
07-11-2008, 11:36 PM
HDMI is not a must for HDTVs, especially with the 360. If you only have a 720p HDTV, component cables are perfectly capable of displaying that resolution to its full extent. Also, look at the backs of the games you have. Personally I don't own one that is 1080p naturally, so it would just be the 360 upscaling them, so you're not gaining too much.

the 360 upscales everything to 1080p over component with the exception of Hd-DVD movies. You need an HDMI connection to get 1080p out of that.

HDMI is nice but unnecessary on the 360 for gaming.

Jewish Rabbi
07-11-2008, 11:40 PM
the 360 upscales everything to 1080p over component with the exception of Hd-DVD movies. You need an HDMI connection to get 1080p out of that.

HDMI is nice but unnecessary on the 360 for gaming.

And since he doesn't already have a 360, he certainly won't be buying the HD DVD add on...

But you don't get the full 1080p with component, HDMI gives a better picture.

Guru
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
And since he doesn't already have a 360, he certainly won't be buying the HD DVD add on...

But you don't get the full 1080p with component, HDMI gives a better picture.

Notice I said the 360 upscales games to 1080p. There are only 3 games that even support 1080p on the 360. I jumped mine back to component as there was really no real noticeable difference between HDMI and component.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Notice I said the 360 upscales games to 1080p. There are only 3 games that even support 1080p on the 360. I jumped mine back to component as there was really no real noticeable difference between HDMI and component.What 3 games?

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Notice I said the 360 upscales games to 1080p. There are only 3 games that even support 1080p on the 360. I jumped mine back to component as there was really no real noticeable difference between HDMI and component.I'm curious... what are those 3 games?

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:15 AM
What 3 games?Glad it's not just me.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I have a pretty limited number of 360 games, but GTA4, Halo 3, Tiger Woods '08 and COD4 all say they support 1080p.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I have a pretty limited number of 360 games, but GTA4, Halo 3, Tiger Woods '08 and COD4 all say they support 1080p.Hmm.. I wasn't saying Guru was wrong. I was just curious.

All my games look great to me. :shrug:

Guru
07-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm curious... what are those 3 games?

What 3 games?

Glad it's not just me.

http://www.makeyougohmm.com/xbox360-1080p-games/

[native 1080p] Boogie Bunnies [Xbox Live Arcade]
[native 1080p] NBA Street Home Court
[native 1080p] Virtua Tennis 3

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Fair enough..I guess I wasn't considering native 1080p, I guess those other titles support upconverted 1080p? Or how does it work?

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Boogie Bunnies.

Right on, dude. Let that freak flag fly. :D

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:30 AM
You beakers tend to have weird tastes.

Guru
07-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Boogie Bunnies.

Right on, dude. Let that freak flag fly. :D

ROFL

I didn't say I owned any of those.

All the Xbox is is doing is upconverting the non native games to 1080p.

Guru
07-12-2008, 12:37 AM

Explains why I get along with you then huh? LMAO

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Explains why I get along with you then huh? LMAOCan't argue with that. :D

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
You beakers tend to have weird tastes.We do have strange tastes.

Orange Bowl victories, NC's...just crazy sh*t.:p

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Alright, so here's the ubiquitous TinyEvel PS3 plug...

Why Xbox360 over PS3?

(flame-proof suit on and zipped up)

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:48 AM
We do have strange tastes.

Orange Bowl victories, NC's...just crazy sh*t.:pNow that's just rude...

Pulling the NC card. You know I can't compete with that.

Mizzou football this season though... we've got a shot. And man, if some way, some how, it actually happened...

I'd have braggin' rights for-evaaar!

Football > Basketball, IMO... not to take anything away from KU. You guys kick ass at hoops... and it pisses me off.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Alright, so here's the ubiquitous TinyEvel PS3 plug...

Why Xbox360 over PS3?

(flame-proof suit on and zipped up)Eh...I own both, and as long as the person isn't looking for a bluray player, I'll always suggest the 360 first.

- More games
- Exclusive titles I like (Halo, GOW, Bioshock is being ported, but a litte too late)
- Better controllers
- Still much cheaper

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Now that's just rude...

Pulling the NC card. You know I can't compete with that.

Mizzou football this season though... we've got a shot. And man, if some way, some how, it actually happened...

I'd have braggin' rights for-evaaar!Yeah, you do have a chance this year.

There's just that one team you'd probably have to play again. Just know, the one there's a musical about...

And I'll agree football > hoops, but I'd rather have a NC in hoops than an Orange Bowl victory in football...oh wait, guess we don't have to choose.

Guru
07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Eh...I own both, and as long as the person isn't looking for a bluray player, I'll always suggest the 360 first.

- More games
- Exclusive titles I like (Halo, GOW)
- Better controllers
- Still much cheaper

I have to agree with Gonzo here Tiny. Especially on the controllers.

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Eh...I own both, and as long as the person isn't looking for a bluray player, I'll always suggest the 360 first.

- More games
- Exclusive titles I like (Halo, GOW)
- Better controllers
- Still much cheaper

WHoa woa whoa...

I just saw someone quote $450 for the pro. Plus if you setup the XB for HD isn't there some extra equipment involved that costs $$$?

More games...

Halo and Gears of War, I'll give you those, but we're catching up. By Feb '09 we'll have just as may juicy exclusives, if not more (Metalgearsolid, MotorStorm2, Killzone2, Resistance2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Tourismo 5, Uncharted, Infamous) and I've played every one of those (betas) except for Infamous. and the playing field is leveled.

I think the only reason to go XBox now is if all your friends are on LIVE. That's it.

Better controllers? a wash everyone has their preference.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah, you do have a chance this year.

There's just that one team you'd probably have to play again. Just know, the one there's a musical about...

And I'll agree football > hoops, but I'd rather have a NC in hoops than an Orange Bowl victory in football...oh wait, guess we don't have to choose.Heheh..

Are you gonna try to get to the MU/KU game at Arrowhead? You never know how it'll play out, but I bet there'll be something on the line.

I'd happily give you a beer and a brat, or something.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
WHoa woa whoa...

I just saw someone quote $450 for the pro. Plus if you setup the XB for HD isn't there some extra equipment involved that costs $$$?

More games...

Halo and Gears of War, I'll give you those, but we're catching up. By Feb '09 we'll have just as may juicy exclusives, if not more (Metalgearsolid, MotorStorm2, Killzone2, Resistance2, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Tourismo 5, Uncharted, Infamous) and I've played every one of those (betas) except for Infamous. and the playing field is leveled.

I think the only reason to go XBox now is if all your friends are on LIVE. That's it.

Better controllers? a wash everyone has their preference.Eh, the Elite is still $450, but it has a 120HD, which is just stupid, that's why it's so much, and it includes an HDMI cable.

After this Sunday, you'll be able to get a 40GB Pro for $300, and you can buy a new XBox HDMI cable for $70, still $30 cheaper than the PS3.

Motorstorm didn't excite me in the least, and Resistance was a fun game. And the draw of a next gen console is being online, that's what everything is geared toward. That is definitely a HUGE draw over PS3. Enormous. PS3's online leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM
WHoa woa whoa...

More games...

Better controllers? a wash everyone has their preference.

I would the argue the controller is a huge factor. Gameplay wise, the consoles are pretty much equal as far as presentation goes.

That d-pad and small controller shape for the PS3 are the primary reasons I don't like to play games on it. Cramps up my hand and it just feels completely awkward to use the PS3 analog stick where it is located. I hated the setup before the Xbox was even on the market so my bias has nothing to do with the Xbox. The PS3 controller really isn't that much different than the original PS1 controllers.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Heheh..

Are you gonna try to get to the MU/KU game at Arrowhead? You never know how it'll play out, but I bet there'll be something on the line.

I'd happily give you a beer and a brat, or something.Plan on being there with a couple of my MU friends. There will probably be something on the line, but I have no delusions of KU having a repeat season with playing Texas and OU.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I would the argue the controller is a huge factor. Gameplay wise, the consoles are pretty much equal as far as presentation goes.

That d-pad and small controller shape for the PS3 are the primary reasons I don't like to play games on it. Cramps up my hand and it just feels completely awkward to use the PS3 analog stick where it is located. I hated the setup before the Xbox was even on the market so my bias has nothing to do with the Xbox. The PS3 controller really isn't that much different than the original PS1 controllers.Exactly. I always wondered why PS controllers sucked so much. Sega controllers were pretty rad, from Genesis through Dreamcast. N64 controllers were odd, but still comfortable.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Eh, the Elite is still $450, but it has a 120HD, which is just stupid, that's why it's so much, and it includes an HDMI cable.

After this Sunday, you'll be able to get a 40GB Pro for $300, and you can buy a new XBox HDMI cable for $70, still $30 cheaper than the PS3.

Motorstorm didn't excite me in the least, and Resistance was a fun game. And the draw of a next gen console is being online, that's what everything is geared toward. That is definitely a HUGE draw over PS3. Enormous. PS3's online leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Don't you mean "20GB Pro"?

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Eh, the Elite is still $450, but it has a 120HD, which is just stupid, that's why it's so much, and it includes an HDMI cable.

$30 is nothing in the gaming spendage world. You've got to think long term.

OK. and the new versions of the two games you've mentioned are exponential improvements...

Network. I'll give you that -- for now...

I'll believe the price drop when I see it. And you know things will balance out across brands, if history (or Market pricing 101) is any judge.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 01:06 AM
****ing Oklahoma... (finally got the musical thing)

Yeah, that's a tough mountain to climb. Gotta knock out the Big XII bully.

Honestly, that's the the only team in the conference that worries me. We're gonna have to man up, and smack 'em in the mouth.

That's what they did to us in both games last season.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:06 AM
$30 is nothing in the gaming spendage world. You've got to think long term.

OK. and the new versions of the two games you've mentioned are exponential improvements...

Network. I'll give you that -- for now...

I'll believe the price drop when I see it. And you know things will balance out across brands, if history (or Market pricing 101) is any judge.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9985383-1.html?hhTest=1

Resistance 2 better be really good because R1 blew chunks. Didn't enjoy it at all.

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
The PS3 controller really isn't that much different than the original PS1 controllers.

I think that was the idea. 45 million PS2 units installed, don;t wnat to hit the fan base with a new controller config (my guess).
I think there are aftermarket controllers that are configured like XB for PS3. No? (oh, right, you don't want to pay $25 for one of those. I get it. No, seriously, I get it.)

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
I'll put it this way, if PS3 developed a controller that exactly mimicked the XBox controller, I guarantee I'd play a WHOLE lot more games on it. I'm playing through Bioshock on the 360 right now, that's a great game, and PS3 is getting a port in the Fall I guess, but it's just a bit too late. Resistance is a fun game, good shooter, it's a fun game online. That being said, I still hate the controller for shooters.

360 gives you a trigger to fire a weapon..makes perfect sense, not the R1 button, c'mon now, that's just foolish. PS3 went in the right direction with the elongated R2/L2 buttons, but they might as well just concede the controller battle to 360, and rip off as many features as possible.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Don't you mean "20GB Pro"?My bad.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
****ing Oklahoma... (finally got the musical thing)

Yeah, that's a tough mountain to climb. Gotta knock out the Big XII bully.

Honestly, that's the the only team in the conference that worries me. We're gonna have to man up, and smack 'em in the mouth.

That's what they did to us in both games last season.

Damn!!! It took you 17 whole minutes to figure that one out? Typical MUron. o:-)

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:11 AM
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9985383-1.html?hhTest=1

Resistance 2 better be really good because R1 blew chunks. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Yeah, this is probably right. My buddy works for Xbox and he's coming down for E3 so I'll ask him (will probably already be old news by then)

What didn't you like about Resistance?

R2: We were at Insomniac all day about two weeks ago. I can't tell you any more than...put aside $59 for November.

KcMizzou
Damn!!! It took you 17 whole minutes to figure that one out? Typical MUron. o:-)Indeed, and now we're talking gaming consoles again.

All my posts are like 20 minutes late.

Guru
I think that was the idea. 45 million PS2 units installed, don;t wnat to hit the fan base with a new controller config (my guess).
I think there are aftermarket controllers that are configured like XB for PS3. No? (oh, right, you don't want to pay $25 for one of those. I get it. No, seriously, I get it.)

I have yet to find one that mimicked the 360 setup. I have no problem forking out the dough if it will get me gaming. For just watching movies though, I don't need more controllers. The only reason I picked up the cheap Gamestop controller was so my son could play with a friend occasionally. He prefers the 360 controller too.

Oh, and Motorstorm NOT having 2 player split screen compatibility.... EPIC FAIL!!!

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Oh, and Motorstorm NOT having 2 player split screen compatibility.... EPIC FAIL!!!

Amen, and they know that, it's in all the interviews. The new one will have up to 4 player split and 16 player online.

Takes place on an island (volcanoes, jungles, beach/lagoons, cliffs up the wazoo).

There was a big cover article in a recent issue of PLAY magazine.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah, this is probably right. My buddy works for Xbox and he's coming down for E3 so I'll ask him (will probably already be old news by then)

R2: We were at Insomniac all day about two weeks ago. I can't tell you any more than...put aside $59 for November.I liked the gameplay, but the whole concept of fighting "aliens" in 1950's Europe doesn't do it for me.

I've really had enough of WW2 games, and the few levels I played in Resistance had the same generic WW2 atmosphere I've played in every COD, Medal of Honor series since PS1 and XBox.

I have no qualms with the weaponry or the online play, the storyline was alright, nothing blew my mind and intrigued me, but I still don't like the whole Mid 20th century European warfare vibe.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:16 AM

R2: We were at Insomniac all day about two weeks ago. I can't tell you any more than...put aside $59 for November.

In the PS3's defense, the controller really screws me up, so that is part of the problem. The game itself seems very flat though and lacked polish. Since it was a launch title I suppose I am probably being too picky though.

What is it with them using storyboards to tell the story though? I really hated that.

ZootedGranny
07-12-2008, 01:17 AM
and you can buy a new XBox HDMI cable for $70

I sincerely hope nobody pays $70 for a $6 HDMI cable.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:18 AM
I sincerely hope nobody pays $70 for a $6 HDMI cable.

No shit!!! Monoprice is your friend.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:18 AM
In the PS3's defense, the controller really screws me up, so that is part of the problem. The game itself seems very flat though and lacked polish. Since it was a launch title I suppose I am probably being too picky though.

What is it with them using storyboards to tell the story though? I really hated that.I thought it looked pretty good for a launch title, of course I'll expect R2 to look much better. And I hope if the storyline involves fighting "aliens" it isn't in 1950's Europe.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I sincerely hope nobody pays $70 for a $6 HDMI cable.They're actually $50, but look at posts 8 and 11 in this thread for explanation of the XBox HDMI situation on pro consoles.

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:21 AM
I liked the gameplay, but the whole concept of fighting "aliens" in 1950's Europe doesn't do it for me.

I've really had enough of WW2 games, and the few levels I played in Resistance had the same generic WW2 atmosphere I've played in every COD, Medal of Honor series since PS1 and XBox.

I hear all that. I cannot divulge anything to refute it. Just check the interviews and game trailers when they come out to see whether this game is different than what you might expect.

You have a PS3? We don't have your ID in the thread.. What games do you own for it?

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:22 AM
I thought it looked pretty good for a launch title, of course I'll expect R2 to look much better. And I hope if the storyline involves fighting "aliens" it isn't in 1950's Europe.

I think you are setting yourself up for a disappointment bud.

I am biased with all the FPS games I have played on the Xbox so that doesn't help the case any.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I hear all that. I cannot divulge anything to refute it. Just check the interviews and game trailers when they come out to see whether this game is different than what you might expect.

You have a PS3? We don't have your ID in the thread.. What games do you own for it?I haven't bought any games for it yet. I just got a Gamefly membership to keep me from buying games. I've done plenty of online play on my friends' accounts, but I've yet to set up anything.

I've only played Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank(great title) and Hot Shots Golf. Got MetalGearSolid in the queue after I return Bioshock.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I haven't bought any games for it yet. I just got a Gamefly membership to keep me from buying games. I've done plenty of online play on my friends' accounts, but I've yet to set up anything.

I've only played Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank(great title) and Hot Shots Golf. Got MetalGearSolid in the queue after I return Bioshock.

Have to agree on Ratchet and Clank. The demo was fun and I may well pick that one up for keeps.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I think you are setting yourself up for a disappointment bud.

I am biased with all the FPS games I have played on the Xbox so that doesn't help the case any.Yeah, I don't expect Resistance to totally abandon the platform that brought them so much success, but I just am sick and tired of WW2 style shooters. I won't be buying COD5 either.

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Resistance 2...takes place in America.

Here's the GamtrailersTV interview from 4 weeks ago...

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=19&ch=1

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:27 AM
I haven't bought any games for it yet. I just got a Gamefly membership to keep me from buying games. I've done plenty of online play on my friends' accounts, but I've yet to set up anything.

Get Uncharted/Drake's fortune too.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Have to agree on Ratchet and Clank. The demo was fun and I may well pick that one up for keeps.I loved that game. Had that awesome Crash Bandicoot vibe.

Does anyone know if there's ever going to be another Crash Bandicoot racing game?

I f*cking loved that game. Loved it. Don't get me wrong, I own a Wii and Mariokart is the sh*t, but I just really wish one of the other two consoles would tell me there's another Crash Bandicoot racing game in the works.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 01:30 AM
The Rachet and Clank games have all been fun.

Kinda like Crash Bandicoot, but better.

They took platformers like Mario into 3D... and did it well.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I loved that game. Had that awesome Crash Bandicoot vibe.
Bastard, you stole my thunder.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Bastard, you stole my thunder.Reminder you of a certain football team stealing another teams thunder last season?

:hmmm:

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:36 AM

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=19&ch=1That looks much more enjoyable than the first. I definitely hope the AI is much smarter than shown in those clips, but I understand those are probably just foot soldiers and are meant to be more of a distraction than a real threat. I just enjoy the fact that it isn't set in Europe. That makes a world of difference for me.

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Yeah, the finer AI and the smoothing are the last things they do, I believe.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
And I forgot about Ninja Gaiden 2. That's one badass game.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Reminder you of a certain football team stealing another teams thunder last season?

:hmmm:Yeah, you'd have been in the NC game, if only...

If only your most hated rival hadn't ruined it all.

Man, I feel guilty for even typing that. Feels like I'm being a poor sport.

Imagine though, if KU had won. You'd have had a chance to win it all in the only two college sports that matter, in the same year.

I'd be lying if I said I said I wasn't happy that Mizzou ****ed that up for ya.

Still, I respect a lot of you beakers. Good people, misguided or not... :p

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah, you'd have been in the NC game, if only...

If only your most hated rival hadn't ruined it all.

Man, I feel guilty for even typing that. Feels like I'm being a poor sport.

Imagine though, if KU had won. You'd have had a chance to win it all in the only two college sports that matter, in the same year.

I'd be lying if I said I said I wasn't happy that Mizzou ****ed that up for ya.

Still, I respect a lot of you beakers. Good people, misguided or not... :pAh, you're assuming we would have beat OU had we beat MU. I don't think that would have been probable, and I don't think OU is gonna get beat this year either.

And for f*cks sake, you're a tigger, I'm a beaker. This is what we do. Don't ever feel guilty about typing any sort of cyber smack.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Ah, you're assuming we would have beat OU had we beat MU. I don't think that would have been probable, and I don't think OU is gonna get beat this year either.

And for f*cks sake, you're a tigger, I'm a beaker. This is what we do. Don't ever feel guilty about typing any sort of cyber smack.Yeah... FWIW, I'm sick of OU. If KU got to the championship game, and MU didn't... I think I'd root for the beakers.

In any case.. it's gonna be a hell of a season.

It's really cool that the local college teams have become so good right when the Chiefs are shitty.

Pablo
07-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Yeah... FWIW, I'm sick of OU. If KU got to the championship game, and MU didn't... I think I'd root for the beakers.

In any case.. it's gonna be a hell of a season.

It's really cool that the local college teams have become so good right when the Chiefs are shitty.OU wouldn't piss everyone off so bad if they made our conference look respectable in the primetime bowl games. But they get spanked and "our best team in the conference" looks weak.

It oughta be fun to watch this year, and who knows the Chiefs might surprise us and win 6 or 7 games. Ya never know.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:54 AM

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=19&ch=1

That looks much more enjoyable than the first. I definitely hope the AI is much smarter than shown in those clips, but I understand those are probably just foot soldiers and are meant to be more of a distraction than a real threat. I just enjoy the fact that it isn't set in Europe. That makes a world of difference for me.

Yeah, the finer AI and the smoothing are the last things they do, I believe.

I was gonna say... the graphics still look flat outside the water, it looks much more real. I'll reserve judgment upon release though.

Right now though, it looks like the same game only in the US.

Fruit Ninja
07-12-2008, 02:20 AM
That looks much more enjoyable than the first. I definitely hope the AI is much smarter than shown in those clips, but I understand those are probably just foot soldiers and are meant to be more of a distraction than a real threat. I just enjoy the fact that it isn't set in Europe. That makes a world of difference for me.

Why didnt you like the Euro setting? i quite enjoyed it.

Today for the first time ever i hooked up my PS3 to my 65 inch 1080 TV and my god the games looked awesome. Motorstorm on that damn thing was crazy to look at. I usually just game in my room on a 32 inch hd, but i had a wild hair up my ass today i guess. lol

TinyEvel
07-12-2008, 02:48 AM

Today for the first time ever i hooked up my PS3 to my 65 inch 1080 TV and my god the games looked awesome. Motorstorm on that damn thing was crazy to look at. I usually just game in my room on a 32 inch hd, but i had a wild hair up my ass today i guess. lol

Serious? I've got a 65" Panasonic Plasma and that shiznit is off the hook (motorstorm YES!)

Pablo
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM

Today for the first time ever i hooked up my PS3 to my 65 inch 1080 TV and my god the games looked awesome. Motorstorm on that damn thing was crazy to look at. I usually just game in my room on a 32 inch hd, but i had a wild hair up my ass today i guess. lolBecause I've played about 85 WW2 shooters, and I really don't care for the bombed out European city look anymore. For any game. Ever again.