PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Meet Dave opens today

Demonpenz
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Anyone else checking out meet dave>?

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Not a chance penz.

Eddie Murphy hasn't been funny in over a decade..or more years than that maybe.

Pablo
07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I'll put it this way: If the last two copies of the last two movies on Earth were in my hand, and I had to destroy one.

And the movies were The Love Guru or Meet Dave. I'd reluctantly throw the Love Guru into a fire.

That's about how much that movie excites me.

Deberg_1990
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I miss the old Eddie Murphy...

Just go watch 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop or Coming to America again.

Demonpenz
07-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Norbit was a hit. I just wonder if this one will do as well

Dicky McElephant
07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I'll put it this way: If the last two copies of the last two movies on Earth were in my hand, and I had to destroy one.

And the movies were The Love Guru or Meet Dave. I'd reluctantly throw the Love Guru into a fire.

And I had to destroy one? That one would be myself.

NewChief
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM

One of my friends from high school co-wrote the Love Guru with MM. It's a shame it turned out to be such a stinker. The kid has talent, but he sort of got pulled into MM's orbit, from which he has since managed to extract himself.

QuikSsurfer
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Joke thread?

KcMizzou
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I liked this line from Film School Reject's review...

So, it’s not the worst thing out there right now. And there are other things that Meet Dave is better than… like famine, disease and genocide… but not by much.

LMAO

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/meet-dave-is-better-than-famine-genocide.php

Pablo
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Eddie Murphy: Raw is on Comedy Central right now.

He's funny here, I promise.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Eddie Murphy: Raw is on Comedy Central right now.

He's funny here, I promise.Hell yes. I miss that Eddie.

Reaper16
07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I would much, much rather go see WALL-E for the third time than see even 5 minutes of Meet Dave

Ultra Peanut
07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
This thread is the most epic troll ever.

irishjayhawk
07-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I would much, much rather go see WALL-E for the third time than see even 5 minutes of Meet Dave

QFT.

Deberg_1990
07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Hell yes. I miss that Eddie.

Unfortunately he died a long time ago.

I have ZERO faith in a 4th Beverly Hills Cop movie.

irishjayhawk
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately he died a long time ago.

I have ZERO faith in a 4th Beverly Hills Cop movie.

I believe he opted out of that.... I could be wrong.

EDIT: This is what I was referring to: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/01/eddie-murphy-says-goodbye-to-beverly-hills-cop/

I wasn't entirely thrilled with the news that Brett Ratner was bringing Axel Foley back to the screen with Beverly Hills Cop IV. But the news that it would be made kid friendly just completely killed it, along with the statement: "10-year-old kids, 12-year-old kids don't really know the old Beverly Hills Cop. So it's an opportunity to make it new for kids." How thoughtful. I'm sure the tykes were sitting there, realizing that something was missing from their lives ... Norbit as a cop! That's it!

Anyhow, it looks like Sam might be getting his wish, and that Eddie Murphy wasn't thrilled with the sequel idea either. He spoke to ExtraTV, and said he's planning to leave the movie biz after the release of his latest film, Meet Dave. Now that doesn't mean it'll be Eddie's last (he's also got flicks like A Thousand Words on the way), but it does look like Dave will inspire a big, finite wave to the movie industry so that Murphy can "go back to the stage and do standup."

So, what about BHC? He said he didn't want to do it because "the movie wasn't ready to be done." On Bev III, Murphy noted: "They said, 'this is how much we're going to pay you.' I said, 'let's go shoot it! I don't care if the script ain't right.'" Some sites are taking his first statement to mean he's out, while others think he is still in and itching to do it. If he really is retiring, then he's definitely out, and Ratner will have to find a new Foley, or give up the project. Let's hope he's done and it's the latter.

UPDATE: Latino Review spoke to Ratner recently who debunked the "it's for kids" rumors, saying "Dont believe everything you read on the internet. Believe me, this is going to be a hard core 'R' Beverly Hills Cop. I start shooting next year" So ... is Eddie in or he is out?

Deberg_1990
07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
I believe he opted out of that.... I could be wrong.

EDIT: This is what I was referring to: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/01/eddie-murphy-says-goodbye-to-beverly-hills-cop/

hahah....nice. Lets bring back Axel Foley for the kids! LMAO

I still say the PG-13 rating killed the hardcore R rated flicks we used to get in the 80's.

heck, look what it did to Eddie Murphys career.