PDA

View Full Version : Life While doing some yard work I found some bunnies....

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
.... they are pretty small but I think I clipped one with the weed whacker. That one got away but I got its 3 siblings.

I don't want to run over them with my mower or weed whacker in the future.... suggestions on what I should do with them?

I have them sitting in my dogs kennel ATM..... Don't want to keep them as pets either.

kstater
07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Antifreeze?

Joie
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Do you have any kind of wildlife place nearby that will take care of them?

Hate to tell you, but you're their papa now. Their mama won't come back most likely.

KCChiefsMan
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a 3-legged rabbit that lives under my front porch here. Its the cutest damn thing

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Do you have any kind of wildlife place nearby that will take care of them?

Hate to tell you, but you're their papa now. Their mama won't come back most likely.

The zoo perhaps?

kstater
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
The zoo perhaps?

Sure if you want to feed some tigers.

StcChief
07-12-2008, 07:23 PM
where is the dog that goes out the "great" doggie door/ramp, get 'em.

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
How big do they have to be in order to take care of themselves?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/673/pict0150lm6.jpg

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
where is the dog that goes out the "great" doggie door/ramp, get 'em.

dead... she was hit by a car 2 months ago

KCGridironBeast
07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Same thing happened to me awhile ago...ran over them with the mower, cut up one bunny's leg pretty bad. I took the trio over to a local Outdoor Wildlife place...they pretty much take them and handle them until they're big enough to go out on their own. I recommend doing the same.

DeezNutz
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
How big do they have to be in order to take care of themselves?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/673/pict0150lm6.jpg

That thing is cute as hell...um...I mean...ahem...sure looks like it needs some antifreeze.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 08:09 PM
That thing is cute as hell...um...I mean...ahem...sure looks like it needs some antifreeze.Yeah.. hard to play the tough guy looking at that little critter. I'd wanna save them too.

BWillie
07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
That's a good looking animal. I'm calling PETA on your ass you dipshit. Prepare to have picketers outside of your residence within hours

DeezNutz
07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah.. hard to play the tough guy looking at that little critter. I'd wanna save them too.

No doubt. I'd like to have those little bastards hopping around my office right now. I'd pet it and stroke it and call it George. Of course, then I'd pay attention to the bunnies.

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Well.... I went ahead and put them back in the yard. Hopefully in the future they will know better than to stay put when a buzzing choppy thing of doom approaches them.

It took them a minute but they darted off back into the unknown parts of my yard. Thankfully, according to the net, the momma won't reject them because I handled them.

Took some more pics before I put them out. :D

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2042/pict0152va8.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2285/pict0153qk3.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7932/pict0154jf2.jpg

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
No doubt. I'd like to have those little bastards hopping around my office right now. I'd pet it and stroke it and call it George. Of course, then I'd pay attention to the bunnies.LMAO

Looney Tunes rep.

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 08:17 PM
LMAO

Looney Tunes rep.

http://www.boingboing.net/images/yetiduck.jpg

blueballs
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Momma rabbit digs a shallow hole in the yard
has the babies and covers them with fur
then lays down on top of the hole to feed them

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Man I miss Looney Tunes. The glory days of cartoons.

Back when you only got to see them on Saturday morning, and it was a big deal.

blueballs
07-12-2008, 08:23 PM
they don't fly the nest
they out grow it
those are probably already horny

DeezNutz
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Agreed. Today's cartoons suck.

dtebbe
07-12-2008, 08:57 PM

That's why I love Boomerang! Must have TV!

DT

Psyko Tek
07-12-2008, 09:04 PM

kids got it to easy today
24/7 has some stupid ass cartoon on at least, what 5 channels?

and most of them are just stoopidt

Skip Towne
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Cute bunnies. I hope they make it. I have squirrels and bunnies all over my place. They don't bother nobody.

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Cute bunnies. I hope they make it. I have squirrels and bunnies all over my place. They don't bother nobody.LMAO

Amen, live and let live.

Joie
07-12-2008, 09:27 PM
They are so sweet!

Skip Towne
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Either my bunnies or my squirrels sampled a couple of my bright red plump tomatoes but they didn't eat much.

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I found some, too. I found a medium sized log and chucked it at them. Didn't connect.

Skip Towne
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I found some, too. I found a medium sized log and chucked it at them. Didn't connect.

You don't quite fit in anywhere do you?

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
You don't quite fit in anywhere do you?

I just want to kill something besides bugs. I did murder a rat once. That was thrilling.

cdcox
07-12-2008, 09:52 PM
How big do they have to be in order to make hasenpfeffer?

Fixed your post.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I must have missed it in the other thread. What happened to the 1000 mile ride by General Soreballs?

Joie
07-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I just want to kill something besides bugs. I did murder a rat once. That was thrilling.

Have you considered therapy?

KcMizzou
07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I must have missed it in the other thread. What happened to the 1000 mile ride by General Soreballs?He got a flat tire and was forced to quit.

(translation, it was raining)

Skip Towne
07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
He got a flat tire and was forced to quit.

Hahaha- hahaha

pr_capone
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
He got a flat tire and was forced to quit.

LMFAO

Honest Injun.... flat tire, not rain derailed this trip.

Skip Towne
07-12-2008, 10:44 PM

He's not finished growing up yet. His parents have sheltered him from reality. He is a testament to their parenting ability.

Logical
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Has anyone suggested rabbit stew yet?:evil:

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM

Rabbits are ****ing food. I'm not going to torture dogs.

Joie
07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Rabbits are ****ing food. I'm not going to torture dogs.

I'm a vegetarian. I don't consider any animal to be food.

No, I will not get into an argument about eating meat. So don't even try. I don't care what you eat. But I do care when you're proud of "murdering a rat".

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 10:59 PM
But I do care when you're proud of "murdering a rat".

I wouldn't say I was "proud." It was an experience. Nothing more.

Dartgod
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM

No, I will not get into an argument about eating meat. So don't even try. I don't care what you eat. But I do care when you're proud of "murdering a rat".
I've "murdered" plenty of mice (mouse trap). I don't see what the big deal is.

I've also murdered fish, squirrels, rabbits and other animals while hunting.

Joie
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't say I was "proud." It was an experience. Nothing more.

Ok. You just hit a soft spot. I try to never harm animals.

Phobia
07-12-2008, 11:02 PM

You know what? I ride the dude as hard as anybody else but "murdering a rat" is a badge of honor with every other female on the planet except the vegetarians. So while he's a 'tard jackass 98% of the time, "murdering a rat" falls into that other 2%, IMO.

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:02 PM
I just wanted to bring a little adventure into that bunnies life. He might be the Indiana Jones of bunnies. The way I see it, I did that bunny a favor. Now he'll brag to his bunny friends about how he evaded the big bad scary log-throwing human. And get eaten by a fox.

Joie
07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
You know what? I ride the dude as hard as anybody else but "murdering a rat" is a badge of honor with every other female on the planet except the vegetarians. So while he's a 'tard jackass 98% of the time, "murdering a rat" falls into that other 2%, IMO.
Please just consider this the 2% of the time that I'm an unreasonable bitch. As I said, he just hit a soft spot. No hard feelings.

Joie
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I just wanted to bring a little adventure into that bunnies life. He might be the Indiana Jones of bunnies. The way I see it, I did that bunny a favor. Now he'll brag to his bunny friends about how he evaded the big bad scary log-throwing human. And get eaten by a fox.

LMAO

Do other bunnies taunt you now so they can tell their friends they hopped away alive?

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
LMAO

Do other bunnies taunt you now so they can tell their friends they hopped away alive?

Truth be told I don't see many bunnies these days. I'm probably some sort of infamous archvillain in bunny culture. A sort of bunny jack the ripper.

Joie
07-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Truth be told I don't see many bunnies these days. I'm probably some sort of infamous archvillain in bunny culture. A sort of bunny jack the ripper.

So you're the one the bunnies whisper about deep in the woods.

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:30 PM
You understand bunny dialect?

Joie
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
You understand bunny dialect?

I'm very gifted.

Besides my favorite book in childhood was The Velveteen Rabbit. I'm considered a friend in bunny culture.

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
So do bunnies have orgies? Because you know they like to ****.

stumppy
07-12-2008, 11:34 PM
A sort of bunny jack the ripper.

Just another brush stroke on a picture of the finished product.

The serial killer is screaming for freedom and recognition isn't he ? Just close your eyes and listen..........................................you hear him don't you?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-12-2008, 11:35 PM
So do bunnies have orgies? Because you know they like to ****.

Another important fact brought to you by Eazy E.

http://panachereport.com/channels/hip%20hop%20gallery/images/0500_eazy_e_a.jpg

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Just another brush stroke on a picture of the finished product.

The serial killer is screaming for freedom and recognition isn't he ? Just close your eyes and listen..........................................you hear him don't you?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar3815_165.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar3815_165.gif

How's the workin out going for ya muscles?

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:40 PM
That's not me. I haven't worked out this week since I'm bumming around in Springfield. Ran a couple times though.

Next week I'm going to go HARDCORE to make up for it.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-12-2008, 11:42 PM
That's not me. I haven't worked out this week since I'm bumming around in Springfield. Ran a couple times though.

Next week I'm going to go HARDCORE to make up for it.

Me too. I had bullshit come up in the middle of the week that ****ed me. I've gotta double time it this week just to keep myself in the flow.

Douche Baggins
07-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I think I'm gonna go to the gym every day and kill myself. I might just go rambo-style and run to the gym every day, too. I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!

CrazyPhuD
07-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Well.... I went ahead and put them back in the yard. Hopefully in the future they will know better than to stay put when a buzzing choppy thing of doom approaches them.

It took them a minute but they darted off back into the unknown parts of my yard. Thankfully, according to the net, the momma won't reject them because I handled them.

Well I was told that human smell would drive off the mother but it looks like it doesn't. You may want to check here for advice(for some reason rendered like shit in firefox.)

http://www.rescuedrabbits.org/

Smed1065
07-12-2008, 11:55 PM

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2042/pict0152va8.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2285/pict0153qk3.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7932/pict0154jf2.jpg

Smothered rabbit kicks azz.

Seriously. In a crock pot when bigger.

Smed1065
07-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE SPAMMER!

Subscription info?

Premium only, I bet.

LMAO

Saggysack
07-13-2008, 02:40 AM

Ha! It's no longer wet in Wichita. Pretty damn dry TBH. Sure you might be able to find a tenner or zipper, but not much anything else. A ton, yes, a whole ton was forcibly driven into the lockers. Bastards. Actually, it's pretty fuggin funny.

Warrior5
07-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Well I was told that human smell would drive off the mother but it looks like it doesn't. You may want to check here for advice(for some reason rendered like shit in firefox.)

http://www.rescuedrabbits.org/

I actually had the same thing happen about a month ago; four baby bunnies in a hole in my back yard in the middle of all that rain. My wife brought them in to keep them from drowning. She held all of them. Two days later, she put them back in the hole.

Mom rabbit never missed a beat. She came back to the hole every night to feed them, and about a week after that, they all scampered away.

StcChief
07-13-2008, 07:10 AM
I have a rabbit family every year, under boxbay window behind shrubs. The eat clover in front yard.....it's all good.

Demonpenz
07-13-2008, 08:07 AM
The first picture was cute but when they are together they are small and their ears remind me of wasps. Wasps scare the hell out of me. all menacing and stuff. I can make a V with wings! I will sting your ass

Bwana
07-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Grrr, there are still a few around here you are welcome to, if you regret the fact that you cut them loose at some point in time.

CrazyHorse
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
It's a good thing you returned them. A wild rabbit most often wont survive if you try to turn them into pets. They are so timid that most of the time they wind up having anxiety to the point of having a heart attack. They seldom survive.

I happen to have a rabbit that I rescued. He was as small as those you had. He is 4 years old now so he is used to us. He was a runt and was kicked out of the nest (I guess).

Rabbits are animals that live in the same area thier whole life. They are born into communities. They stay in those same communities thier whole life. It's not impossible, but introducing them into a new community doesn't always work out. A rabbit will walk the same "bunny trail" thier whole life. If you see a rabbit in a spot in your back yard at 5 oclock at night, chances are the same rabbit will be there at 5 the next night.

The reason squirrels and rabbits run across the street and then run back in front of your car like idiots? It's an instinctual reaction. When spooked, a rabbit will switch to auto pilot and run back toward his home. If that going back home means running back in front of your car....well, he has no more control over that than we have over our peckers.

ohiobronco2
07-13-2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.boingboing.net/images/yetiduck.jpg

I always wondered if the Looney Toons character was ispired by Of Mice and Men.

Adept Havelock
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Interesting. Many of histories more notable serial killers began with killing and torturing small animals.

I'm very gifted.

Besides my favorite book in childhood was The Velveteen Rabbit. I'm considered a friend in bunny culture.

I hereby dub thee "Speaker-to-Thumper".

Hog Farmer
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I nearly ran over a nest of bunnies with my lawnmower the other day. But I got them on the next pass.

gblowfish
07-13-2008, 11:47 AM
I have squirrels all over the place. I like them, they don't bother anything, and live in the big soft maple trees that surround my house. I've seen a few bunnies over the years, but the cats hunt baby bunnies, so they don't come too close to my house. I've had ducks hatch ducklings in my yard several times.

KcMizzou
07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I always wondered if the Looney Toons character was ispired by Of Mice and Men.
I've always assumed so.

StcChief
07-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I nearly ran over a nest of bunnies with my lawnmower the other day. But I got them on the next pass.
those damn pesky tractors with belly mowers :p:evil:

Phobia
07-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I hope you don't mind Mr. pr_capone but I've given your contact information to these people:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/wan/753243548.html

StcChief
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
I have squirrels all over the place. I like them, they don't bother anything, and live in the big soft maple trees that surround my house. I've seen a few bunnies over the years, but the cats hunt baby bunnies, so they don't come too close to my house. I've had ducks hatch ducklings in my yard several times.Tree rats....

good for target practice... my buddy hit 'em with bow and arrow.

L.A. Chieffan
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I have squirrels all over the place. I like them, they don't bother anything, and live in the big soft maple trees that surround my house. I've seen a few bunnies over the years, but the cats hunt baby bunnies, so they don't come too close to my house. I've had ducks hatch ducklings in my yard several times.

My Uncle would sit on his porch and shoot squirrels that were in his tree and then bury em in his garden.

He had some mighty tasty vegetables.

Frazod
07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
My Uncle would sit on his porch and shoot squirrels that were in his tree and then bury em in his garden.

He had some mighty tasty vegetables.

I used to date a girl whose parents had a house out in the woods in southern Wisconsin. Her dad hated squirrels because they kept eating the seeds out of his bird feeders. There were days when he'd sit outside with a pellet gun and literally shoot dozens of the damn things. Of course, a fresh dozen would show up to replace them. It drove him crazy, and since he was a complete dick, I found great amusement in his lame attempt to rid the Wisconsin woods of all squirrels. One pellet at a time. :D

blueballs
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
rabbits or squirrels
neither can seem to get enough nuts

Valiant
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
LMAO

He says log, we say twig..

Silock
07-13-2008, 12:48 PM
They're probably going to die, anyway. There's a reason rabbits have so many babies -- most don't make it. I would suggest just putting them back where you found them and don't worry if you run over them in the future. Something will eat them or they'll just die of natural causes.

Redrum_69
07-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Chicks dig guys with bunny rabbits...