PDA

View Full Version : Life ***The famous quotes thread***

Dunit35
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
There may already be one on here, if there is bring it on up.

Everyone can get motivated by a famous quote or maybe it's not famous at all and you just like it.

What are your favorite quotes?

Here are some I found while browsing.

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed"
Theodore Roosevelt

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way"
George Herman "Babe" Ruth

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one"
Elbert Hubbard

"Our greatest glory consist not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"
Oliver Goldsmith

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us"
Helen Keller

" We mustn't run away when things get hard. We should believe in ourselves and always fight it out. Only then will we achieve our dreams, as success belongs to those who believe."
Random

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
Thomas Jefferson

"Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time."
Josh Billings

QuikSsurfer
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
Lick on deez nutz and suck the dick"
Dr Dre

Dunit35
07-13-2008, 09:42 PM
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
Lick on deez nutz and suck the dick"
Dr Dre

That right there reminds me of one of my bros. He got cheated on so that was his favorite quote for quite some time.

KCUnited
07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows. The older one says: No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all. - Bob Hodges

Skip Towne
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
If the dog hadn't stopped to shit, he'd have caught the rabbit.

Buehler445
07-13-2008, 10:00 PM
"The obvious becomes obvious to the astute." James K Hunter

KCFalcon59
07-13-2008, 10:03 PM
There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.”

Richard Buckminster Fuller

luv
07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.

We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.

You must do the things you think you cannot do.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.

I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Very wise and somewhat humorous lady.

Demonpenz
07-13-2008, 10:13 PM
They supersize the fries how about supersizing my hambergur

rad
07-13-2008, 10:22 PM
"Does a bear shit in the woods? What does that mean? What if it's a polar bear?

-Dana Carvey

Easy Money
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
You can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking your head up a butcher's ass, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it? No, wait. It's gotta be your bull...

Der Flöprer
07-13-2008, 11:23 PM
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Pablo
07-13-2008, 11:28 PM
"You guys haven't posted any pictures of yourselves or your bikes. You're scarred. hahahahaha." - M. Vultaire

Count Alex's Losses
07-13-2008, 11:30 PM
WTF is going on?

Frazod
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Burr couldn't hit the side of a barn-OW! SHIT!

- Alexander Hamilton

listopencil
07-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Dyin' aint much of a livin', boy.

SCTrojan
07-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Don't know who said it, but:

Habit can be the greatest of servants or the cruelest of masters.

Third Eye
07-14-2008, 06:45 AM
The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot.

Mark Twain

KCChiefsMan
07-14-2008, 07:36 AM
"I'll get enough sleep when I'm dead"

-the bad ass old guy on Roadhouse

chasedude
07-14-2008, 08:14 AM
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

angelo
07-14-2008, 08:31 AM
True Friends Stab You In The Front (Oscar Wilde)

He has the attention span of a lightning bolt. (Robert Redford)

This Nation is Divided Between Half Patriots and Half Traitors and neither can tell which is which. (Mark Twain)

Patriotism is the Last Refuge of a Scoundrel (Samuel Johnson)

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a Flag and carrying a cross
(Sinclair Lewis)

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public (Theodore Roosevelt)

Be careful when hunting monsters so as not to turn into one yourself (Nietzsche)

Fock You I already Have Enough Friends (me)

Ang

RedNeckRaider
07-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Diplomacy the art of saying 'nice doggie' untill you can find a rock -Will Rodgers-

BigRedChief
07-14-2008, 09:12 AM
The Top 50 Most Stupid Bush Quotes (http://mwcnews.net/mamblog/Itemid,201/task,show/action,view/id,21554/Itemid,201/)
By Shahram Vahdany (http://mwcnews.net/mamblog/Itemid,201/task,show/action,user/id,64/)

•A man lost in his geography:
1-”We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”
George W. Bush
2-”It’s time for the human race to enter the solar system.”
George W. Bush
3-”The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.”
George W. Bush

•A man lost in his logic:

4-” It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment.
It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. “
George W. Bush

5-”Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.”
George W. Bush

6-”These people are trying to shake the will of the Iraqi citizens, and they want us to leave…I think the world would be better off if we did leave…”
George W. Bush
7-”I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”
George W. Bush

8-”If we don’t succeed, we run the risk of failure.”
George W. Bush
9-”Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”
George W. Bush
10-Well, I think if you say you’re going to do something and don’t do it, that’s trustworthiness.
George W. Bush
•A man lost in space:

11-”For NASA, space is still a high priority.”
George W. Bush
•A MAN WITH HEAVEN ON HIS SIDE:
12-”I believe God wants me to be president.”
George W. Bush

13- [I was] “chosen by the grace of God to lead at that moment.”
George W. Bush
14-”God told me to strike at al-Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East.”
George W. Bush
15-”I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.”
George W. Bush
•The man lost in his vocabulary:

16-” Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.”
George W. Bush
17-”The problem with the French is that they don’t have a word for ‘entrepreneur’.”
George W. Bush
18-”One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is, ‘to be prepared’.”
George W. Bush
19-’There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.’
George W. Bush
• Thoughts coming straight from George Orwell’s ‘1984′:

20-”Iraq and Afghanistan …are now democracies and they are allies in the cause of freedom and peace.”
George W. Bush

21-”Ariel Sharon … is a man of courage and a man of peace.”
George W. Bush

22-”See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”
George W. Bush
•THE DECEIVING PACIFIST:
23-”I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we’re really talking about peace.”
George W. Bush
24-”This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table.”
George W. Bush

25-”Free nations don’t develop weapons of mass destruction.”
George W. Bush
26- “Governments accountable to the voters focus on building roads and schools—not weapons of mass destruction.” (N.B.: The U.S. has 10,000 nuclear weapons)
George W. Bush

•The Theologian:

27-”Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion.”
George W. Bush

28-”The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qur’an. It teaches the value and the importance of charity, mercy, and peace.”
George W. Bush
•THE Flip-Flopper:
29-”I favor leaving up to a woman and her doctor the abortion question.”
George W. Bush

30-”I am pro-life.”
George W. Bush

31- “The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him.”
George W. Bush

32- “I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.”
George W. Bush
33-”We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories…for those who say we haven’t found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they’re wrong, we found them.”
George W. Bush
•The forecaster of things to come:

34-”Oh, no, we’re not going to have any casualties [in Iraq].”
George W. Bush
35-”We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur. “
George W. Bush
36-”I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.”
George W. Bush
37-”Many Iraqis can hear me tonight in a translated radio broadcast, and I have a message for them: If we must begin a military campaign, it will be directed against the lawless men who rule your country and not against you.”
George W. Bush, (speech of March 17, 2003)
38-”To the C students, I say you too can be president of the United States.”
George W. Bush
•The astute observer:

39-”A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.”
George W. Bush

40-”Brownie (Michael Brown of FEMA), you’re doing a heck of a job.”
George W. Bush
•A man and his environment:
41-”I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.”
George W. Bush
•The double-talker:

42-”There’s a lot of suffering in the Palestinian territory, because militant Hamas is trying to stop the advance of democracy.” (N.B.: The Hamas government was elected)
George W. Bush

43-”We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make—it would hope—put a free press’s mind at ease that you’re not being denied information you shouldn’t see.”
George W. Bush

•THE WOULD-BE DICTATOR:
44-”In a time of war, the president must have the power he needs to make the tough decisions, including, if need be, the decision to grant himself even more power.”
George W. Bush
45-”I’m also not very analytical. You know I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things.”
George W. Bush
46-”If this were a dictatorship, it’d be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I’m the dictator.”
George W. Bush
47-”I’m the commander — see, I don’t need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That’s the interesting thing about being president.”
George W. Bush

48- “I will not withdraw [from Iraq], even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me.”
George W. Bush
49- “I’m the decider, and I decide what’s best.”
George W. Bush

•And, last but not least, CONSIDERING THE MESS IN IRAQ:
50-“I don’t have the foggiest idea about what I think about international, foreign policy.”

CoMoChief
07-14-2008, 09:50 AM
You play to win the game

- Herm ****ing Edwards

Dicky McElephant
07-14-2008, 10:36 AM
"The struggle for normality...normally isn't such a struggle." - Nixx Sixx

ChiefButthurt
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Can't effin wait for Jan 2009 to arrive, we can say goodbye to GW. Oh yeah and I'm a registered republician.

rad
07-14-2008, 10:57 AM
"I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

-Wayne Campbell

Nzoner
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
You are not judged on the number of times you fail but on the number of times you succeed and the number of times you succeed are in direct proportion to the number of times you fail and can keep on trying.

I never see failure as failure but only as the negative feedback I need to change course in my direction.

Success comes in cans...not cannots

I never see failure as failure but only as the game I must play to win.

Stinger
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
On Arrowhead Stadium

Mike Shanahan -

"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -

The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

KCUnited
07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
On Arrowhead Stadium

Mike Shanahan -

"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -

The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

I can see Shanahan right now, standing on the sidelines at Arrowhead with his cell phone texting the Chiefs security regarding fans that are standing and making too much noise. - KCUnited

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
On the homeless situation in America:

"That's a touchy subject to the Rock. The homeless situation here in America, The Rock feels like this--as long as the Rock still has his palatial palace down on South Beach, The Rock really couldn't give a damn whether they live in a Frigidaire box or a Kenmore box, as long as those homeless pieces of trash keep their cardboard homes off the Rock's freshly mowed grass, everything will be copacetic."--Dwayne Johnson.

Gonzo
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I could be gay-
Claythan

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4842351#post4842351

Fish
07-14-2008, 01:46 PM
"Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway."

- Elbert Hubbard

Whoarethechefs
07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
"You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny!
I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool!
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha..."

CoMoChief
07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I could be gay-
Claythan

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4842351#post4842351

LMAO ****in homo

KChiefsQT
07-14-2008, 06:43 PM
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

“If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.”

~Marilyn Monroe~