PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Final Fantasy XIII coming to Xbox 360

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Final Fantasy XIII coming to Xbox 360

478 Comments by Mike Schramm Jul 14th 2008 3:04PM
Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360, RPGs, E3

Sorry, Sony. The Xbox 360 is finally going to get a blockbuster RPG. Square has announced at the Microsoft press conference that Final Fantasy XIII is going to be released on Xbox 360 the same day as PS3 in North America and Europe. What a huge coup for Microsoft, and what a great piece of news for Xbox 360 owners who also happen to be great console RPG lovers.

Tags: breakingnews, e3, e3-2008, final-fantasy, final-fantasy-xiii, joystiqfeatured, square-enix

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-xbox-360/

Hell yes. PBJ

QuikSsurfer
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
CAM trailer
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=36239"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=36239" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36267.html

DaFace
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow...that may make it difficult for me to buy a PS3. The only thing that would make me take the plunge would be the FF series, as sad as that is.

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow...that may make it difficult for me to buy a PS3. The only thing that would make me take the plunge would be the FF series, as sad as that is.I want a Blu-Ray player eventually too... but this news definitely allows me to take my time. I've loved the FF games since I was a kid.

The trailer looks gorgeous. Hopefully the story won't be incomprehensible this time around.

QuikSsurfer
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow...that may make it difficult for me to buy a PS3. The only thing that would make me take the plunge would be the FF series, as sad as that is.

Whatever man. This is the year of the PS3. Haven't you heard?
It's the 7th month and they have MGS4 and...........

Well they have a blue ray player.

Valiant
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Whatever man. This is the year of the PS3. Haven't you heard?
It's the 7th month and they have MGS4 and...........

Well they have a blue ray player.

LOL.. The PS3 is great machine.. The problem is it has hardly any games compared to 360.. The only reason why their sales are soo good: is the price drop and it is still the cheapest blu ray player, thats it..

PS3 is going to have to come up with something huge tomorrow to save face..

QuikSsurfer
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
LOL.. The PS3 is great machine.. The problem is it has hardly any games compared to 360.. The only reason why their sales are soo good: is the price drop and it is still the cheapest blu ray player, thats it..

PS3 is going to have to come up with something huge tomorrow to save face..

I agree.

Resistance 2 looks GREAT.
White Knight Chronicles?
A new Siren (loved the original)
A new Twisted Metal? I'd consider a PS3 (Vigilante 8 Arcade HD, coming to the XBLA, looks amazing!)

Lzen
07-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Very, very cool. :thumb:

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Very, very cool. :thumb:For all the talk about E3 not being nearly as big a deal this year, I'm tickled shitless with most of what I've seen and heard. Esp. FFXIII on 360. :)

Valiant
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree.

Resistance 2 looks GREAT.
White Knight Chronicles?
A new Siren (loved the original)
A new Twisted Metal? I'd consider a PS3 (Vigilante 8 Arcade HD, coming to the XBLA, looks amazing!)

Twisted Metal has been garbage since 2.. TM2 is still one of my favorite games.. That and Vandal Heart...

Lzen
07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Twisted Metal has been garbage since 2.. TM2 is still one of my favorite games.. That and Vandal Heart...

TM: Black was one of my favorite all time.

Valiant
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
TM: Black was one of my favorite all time.

I thought the story was garbage..

The arcade style of 2 was just pure genius.. That and thumper was my car, you had to turn god mode on backin the day to even stand a chance against me in thumper..

Guru
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I was never able to get into FF. I had one of the games on PSOne and hated the turn based fighting. Just didn't make sense to me. I really hated having to read everything too. That is one of my hangups with Nintendo games as well. I will buy a book when I want to read things.

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 11:37 PM
I was never able to get into FF. I had one of the games on PSOne and hated the turn based fighting. Just didn't make sense to me. I really hated having to read everything too. That is one of my hangups with Nintendo games as well. I will buy a book when I want to read things.I completely understand why they're not for everyone, but your complaints are exactly why I love them.

Turn based means I have plenty of time to plan my next move... take a br break without worrying about pausing, whatever. A lot of times, I like a relaxing game that's not all about hand-eye coordination.

As for the reading, to me that's a huge part of the charm. Every time you play, you get more of the story. It's like reading a new chapter in a novel. It's never the same.

Side note...

You'd be surprised how much RPG's helped my oldest son to learn to read. He played Breath of Fire, or something.. and was always bugging me. "Dad, what does this say?" I'd tell him... "You're learning about that in school, sound it out."

Sure I'd help now and then on the hard parts... but it was either read... or quit playing, and he chose to read. It really worked wonders for him.

Guru
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Meh. I always got my ass kicked so I obviously didn't get it at all.

KcMizzou
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Meh. I always got my ass kicked so I obviously didn't get it at all.LMAO

No worries. I suck hard core at shooters. That's why i never play online. RPG's have been my thing since I was a pre-teen.

Guru
07-15-2008, 12:04 AM
LMAO

No worries. I suck hard core at shooters. That's why i never play online. RPG's have been my thing since I was a pre-teen.

Hell, I stink at shooters too. I just enjoy playing them though. I never go above normal difficulty though. Only reason I completed Halo 3 on Legendary was because I played online with people much better than me. heh

Miles
07-15-2008, 12:07 AM

Same here. This was really the game that was going to drive me towards picking up a PS3.

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Same here. This was really the game that was going to drive me towards picking up a PS3.Did you see the trailer Quik posted?

I can't wait.

Miles
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Any idea of when this might actually be released?

Miles
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Did you see the trailer Quik posted?

I can't wait.

Just watched it. Damn that looked great.

Guru
07-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Any idea of when this might actually be released?

Late next year from what I am reading. They haven't even started developing it for the 360 yet.

Wa-Z
07-15-2008, 02:03 AM
that's bs if you ask me, sony has been there for final fantasy since i can remember

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 03:53 AM
that's bs if you ask me, sony has been there for final fantasy since i can rememberYou don't remember when Square-Soft was a Nintendo exclusive?

Saulbadguy
07-15-2008, 06:42 AM
You don't remember when Square-Soft was a Nintendo exclusive?

1 through 6.

The good news may be is that they will be developing this on PC, THEN porting it to PS3 and 360.

And Final Fantasy XIII Versus is still a PS3 exclusive.

Redrum_69
07-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Dragon Warrior...Final Fantasy...Dragon Warrior 2...Dragon Warrior 3...Dragon Warrior 4...Final Fantasy 2...Shining in the Darkness..Shining Force...Landstalker...Final Fantasy 3...Final Fantasy 7...Final Fantasy 8....Dragon Warrior 7...Dragon Warrior 8....

those were among my favorite games...

and now...Final Fantasy 13 for the 360..o m f g

Saulbadguy
07-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Excellence.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/18/shocking-announcement-at-dks3713-from-square-enix/

They reiterated that FFXIII will not be delayed in Japan due to the 360 version -- Square will complete the PS3 version first then port the game to the 360 during localization for America.

Fruit Ninja
07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Excellence.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/18/shocking-announcement-at-dks3713-from-square-enix/

They reiterated that FFXIII will not be delayed in Japan due to the 360 version -- Square will complete the PS3 version first then port the game to the 360 during localization for America.

THey said that from the get go. Well, at their E3 presser. They always do that though. Release it in japan then translate it over.

ZootedGranny
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
that's bs if you ask me, sony has been there for final fantasy since i can remember

Loyalty to their bottom line comes before loyalty to Sony.

I think it was a bad move to lose exclusivity, but when you combine the money MS will hand over for the rights, the money they'll spend on marketing, and the user base they can offer, SE can't say no, and Sony can't really counter.

FFXIII will sell a load on the PS3, but the 360 offers 4-5 (+?) million additional sales. With current development costs, that's a huge bonus.

Valiant
07-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Loyalty to their bottom line comes before loyalty to Sony.

I think it was a bad move to lose exclusivity, but when you combine the money MS will hand over for the rights, the money they'll spend on marketing, and the user base they can offer, SE can't say no, and Sony can't really counter.

FFXIII will sell a load on the PS3, but the 360 offers 4-5 (+?) million additional sales. With current development costs, that's a huge bonus.

Did they pay anything for it?? I think it just makes sense to go multi for them.. They lose nothing by dropping exclusitivity and they said Sony was not willing to fork over money to keep it exclusive.. This was all Sony dropping the ball and thinking they were still top dog in consoles..

As for the different release dates.. I wish GTA4 would have done that and came out on 360 first since PS3 sucked at finishing the game..

Saulbadguy
07-19-2008, 09:16 AM
THey said that from the get go. Well, at their E3 presser. They always do that though. Release it in japan then translate it over.

No...i'm happy that they are developing it on PS3 then porting it to XBox360.

Saulbadguy
01-13-2010, 08:23 AM
No...i'm happy that they are developing it on PS3 then porting it to XBox360.

...and then leaving content out, obviously because the 360 version couldn't handle it.

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/01/cut-content-from-final-fantasy-xiii-could-create-an-additional-game

THANKS MICROSOFT.

Molitoth
01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Dragon Warrior...Final Fantasy...Dragon Warrior 2...Dragon Warrior 3...Dragon Warrior 4...Final Fantasy 2...Shining in the Darkness..Shining Force...Landstalker...Final Fantasy 3...Final Fantasy 7...Final Fantasy 8....Dragon Warrior 7...Dragon Warrior 8....

Dragon Warrior series was so awesome!

Final Fantasy 3 was my favorite.

Kefka, Locke, Cyan, Sabin, Terra, Mog, Shadow, etc..

SnakeXJones
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM

Dont get me wrong it was an ok game but it killed the series for me

Farzin
01-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I need to play and beat FF 8,9,12. I heard 3 is good, but never knew why. I never played it but I thought someone on here could explain to me why.

On a side note, FF 14 looks Avatarish..sorta..

Basileus777
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm find it tough to be excited about this game considering how much Square stripped it down and turned it into a linear corridor walker.

...and then leaving content out, obviously because the 360 version couldn't handle it.

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/01/cut-content-from-final-fantasy-xiii-could-create-an-additional-game

THANKS MICROSOFT.

It's Square, they have to have something to add for their inevitable "international" version.

Farzin
01-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Was it true that Square was trying to come out with a FF X-3?