PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rookie Signings?.........

Vaspar
07-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Does anyone have an update on who and how many of the Chiefs rookies have been signed?

Vaspar
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
6th Rd. pick Barry Richardson, and 4th rd. pick Will Franklin I know about. Any other signings, or news on negotiations???

Mr. Arrowhead
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Brandon Carr has signed as well

blueballs
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
It looks like things picked up around the league this evening
Carl/Denny must be waiting and announce 2-3 at once
that seems to be their SOP

Vaspar
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Any chance Carl will get Dorsey or Albert under contract for the start of camp?

blueballs
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
HA -the first thing you get hit with at kCChiefs.com
BUY SEASON TICKETs - BUY GROUP TICKETs
enter kcchiefs.com buy clicking here

dirk digler
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't know what the Chiefs are waiting on for signing Dorsey. McFadden is signed unless they are waiting on Chris Long.

KCrockaholic
07-15-2008, 12:27 AM
well, the rookie signings should start picking up soon. camp starts in 9 days now, i hope they can atleast get 1 of their 2 1st rnd picks in by July 24th

Pablo
07-15-2008, 12:29 AM
I was disappointed when this wasn't a royr_17 thread.

chiefs1111
07-15-2008, 12:46 AM
well, the rookie signings should start picking up soon. camp starts in 9 days now, i hope they can atleast get 1 of their 2 1st rnd picks in by July 24th

you would hope so,but remember this is King Carl we are talking about

Ari Chi3fs
07-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Carl is on Vacation. He used www.ChiefsTravel.com

BigRock
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
There was some article just yesterday out of, I think, Miami that said teams have been advised to wait on rookie contracts because of some CBA issue that's supposed to get sorted out in a hearing this week. Not all contracts, but the first couple rounds.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't know what the Chiefs are waiting on for signing Dorsey. McFadden is signed unless they are waiting on Chris Long.

McFadden got more money than I think the Chiefs would have liked for him to get, it means Dorsey can ask for more than the increase from last years pick I think they were going to offer....

Either way all the guys who look to have significant roles this year are unsigned.

kcchiefsus
07-15-2008, 03:16 AM
I think it is more important for Albert to sign before camp than Dorsey. We need Albert in there from day 1 taking reps at left tackle.

talastan
07-15-2008, 04:01 AM
I think it is more important for Albert to sign before camp than Dorsey. We need Albert in there from day 1 taking reps at left tackle.

Agreed! I think that Albert needs all the practice he can get. Hell, everyone on this O-Line needs all the practice that they can get. They need the extra time to learn to work together. Again I'm starting to wonder why we haven't got our any more of our other higher round picks signed yet?

InChiefsHell
07-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Didn't we used to have a sticky thread on signings etc?

dj56dt58
07-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm starting to wonder why we haven't got our any more of our other higher round picks signed yet?

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kingcarl.jpg

DTLB58
07-15-2008, 10:04 AM
McFadden got more money than I think the Chiefs would have liked for him to get, it means Dorsey can ask for more than the increase from last years pick I think they were going to offer....

Either way all the guys who look to have significant roles this year are unsigned.

Not so, Mr. Sippio is under contract :p.......you didn't say rookies :evil:

talastan
07-15-2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kingcarl.jpg

Damn left myself open for that one! ROFL Well played....:thumb:

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe it would be better to have albert here first, but by god they both should be here. ****ing Carl. Quit haggling over a few hundred thou, and get these guys in here. Look what happened to Sims. Came in late, got hurt. It has happened on other occasions to other teams as well. It spells trouble.

Get em in here you dumb****.

InChiefsHell
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe it would be better to have albert here first, but by god they both should be here. ****ing Carl. Quit haggling over a few hundred thou, and get these guys in here. Look what happened to Sims. Came in late, got hurt. It has happened on other occasions to other teams as well. It spells trouble.

Get em in here you dumb****.

I suspect that this is the reason you are not a general manager of a multi-billion dollar organization. Just sayin...

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I suspect that this is the reason you are not a general manager of a multi-billion dollar organization. Just sayin...

The teams that I have led have won as many playoff games in the last 15 yrs as the one Carl Peterson has. 0.

The guy has a track record of haggling over rookie contracts.

No I'm not a GM, but these top picks of ours are going to be some big pieces of the puzzle. It's worth more to have them here, than Carl's moral victory of trying to lowball his high draft picks. We have plenty of money. When everyone starts signing there's no reason not to have them here, but I have a gut feeling we will be the close to the last ones to see our high picks in camp.

penguinz
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
The teams that I have led have won as many playoff games in the last 15 yrs as the one Carl Peterson has. 0.

No I'm not a GM, but these top picks of ours are going to be some big pieces of the puzzle. It's worth more to have them here, than Carl's moral victory of trying to lowball his high draft picks. We have plenty of money. When everyone starts signing there's no reason not to have them here, but I have a gut feeling we will be the close to the last ones to see our high picks in camp.Then you should be used to it by now. ;)

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Then you should be used to it by now. ;)

I wish I was, but I'm not. It burns me up. The guy is a detriment to this team.

blueballs
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM

No I'm not a GM, but these top picks of ours are going to be some big pieces of the puzzle. It's worth more to have them here, than Carl's moral victory of trying to lowball his high draft picks. We have plenty of money. When everyone starts signing there's no reason not to have them here, but I have a gut feeling we will be the close to the last ones to see our high picks in camp.

and if all the money is gone
how do they sign another Sippio
OWNED

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
and if all the money is gone
how do they sign another Sippio
OWNED

You got me there. If only there were 21 more Sippios. Glory would return to KC.

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
This is gonna sound funny coming from a guy who just made a Carl Peterson video with the Denis Leary song "Asshole" as its theme music, but...

How many other 1st and 2nd round picks have signed to date?

Not many.

How about we hold off on crucifying Carl until AFTER camp starts and someone of importance isn't signed?

blueballs
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Carls hands have more holes
than Claytons deordant soap

Bowser
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
This is gonna sound funny coming from a guy who just made a Carl Peterson video with the Denis Leary song "Asshole" as its theme music, but...

Not many.

How about we hold off on crucifying Carl until AFTER camp starts and someone of importance isn't signed?

Are you new to ChiefsPlanet, by chance?

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Are you new to ChiefsPlanet, by chance?

LMAO

It was worth a shot...

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
There was some article just yesterday out of, I think, Miami that said teams have been advised to wait on rookie contracts because of some CBA issue that's supposed to get sorted out in a hearing this week. Not all contracts, but the first couple rounds.

I think I remember hearing something about that, I think it has to do with the uncapped season since that is going to short the contract by one year. I could be wrong on that

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Not many.

It probably doesn't help that the player right in front of Dorsey has been signed...

InChiefsHell
07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
It probably doesn't help that the player right in front of Dorsey has been signed...

True, but he WAS signed by the most bat-shit crazy GM owner in the league, so it hardly counts...

Mecca
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
True, but he WAS signed by the most bat-shit crazy GM owner in the league, so it hardly counts...

Well his contract will influence what Dorsey gets paid.

donkey_hater
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/WWHI/2008/wwhi071608.htm

Chiefs, rookies not on same page

July 16, 2008

"The Chiefs have a history of playing hardball in contract negotiations, and thatís been the case again entering this season. GM Carl Peterson has reached agreements with just three of the teamís 12 draft picks ó WR Will Franklin, CB Brandon Carr and OT Barry Richardson ó none of whom was taken in the first three rounds. For a club expecting quite a bit from its rookies this year, thatís a surprisingly low percentage of early signings. And from what we hear, Kansas City is still not close to signing their two Round One choices, DT Glenn Dorsey and OL Branden Albert, both of whom may be waiting for more of their fellow first-rounders to ink deals. An even greater concern, however, is that the Chiefs havenít been able to nail down contracts with many of their mid- and late-round picks, a few of whom theyíll need to contribute immediately. Second-round selection CB Brandon Flowers is slated to be a starter, and third-rounders RB Jamaal Charles and TE Brad Cottam are also likely to play heavy roles. Things have gotten ugly in K.C. over contracts before ó see Jared Allen ó and the team obviously wants to avoid such distractions going into a critical year in their rebuilding process. "

I would take a guess that we have at least 2 guys miss the start of camp if not 3.:mad:

blueballs
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Per Profootballtalk.com, a deal between the Ravens and first-round QB Joe Flacco(#18) is "imminent."

Albert was #15

Chiefnj2
07-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Is there a link to 2nd and 3rd rounders that are signed. I've seen a first round board at nfl.com, but that's it.

Frosty
07-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Is there a link to 2nd and 3rd rounders that are signed. I've seen a first round board at nfl.com, but that's it.

http://walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4517

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM

Not many.

I understand what you are saying, and what I'm saying is that I have zero faith that he will have the most important draft picks we've made in along time, under contract at the start of camp. Like I said before a couple hundred thou, is not worth handicapping the future, and foundation of our football team.

Fire this dick already.

Micjones
07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Add in Kevin Robinson and Brian Johnston's names.
Signed, sealed, and delivered.

OnTheWarpath58
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
There have been a grand total of FIVE 1st/2nd round picks signed to date.

Apparently, there are a lot of other GM's on vacation with Carl...

InChiefsHell
07-16-2008, 01:51 PM
There have been a grand total of FIVE 1st/2nd round picks signed to date.

Apparently, there are a lot of other GM's on vacation with Carl...

:cuss:Dammit Ca...All GM's!!!

blueballs
07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/WWHI/2008/wwhi071608.htm

Chiefs, rookies not on same page

July 16, 2008

"The Chiefs have a history of playing hardball in contract negotiations, and thatís been the case again entering this season. GM Carl Peterson has reached agreements with just three of the teamís 12 draft picks ó WR Will Franklin, CB Brandon Carr and OT Barry Richardson ó none of whom was taken in the first three rounds. For a club expecting quite a bit from its rookies this year, thatís a surprisingly low percentage of early signings. And from what we hear, Kansas City is still not close to signing their two Round One choices, DT Glenn Dorsey and OL Branden Albert, both of whom may be waiting for more of their fellow first-rounders to ink deals. An even greater concern, however, is that the Chiefs havenít been able to nail down contracts with many of their mid- and late-round picks, a few of whom theyíll need to contribute immediately. Second-round selection CB Brandon Flowers is slated to be a starter, and third-rounders RB Jamaal Charles and TE Brad Cottam are also likely to play heavy roles. Things have gotten ugly in K.C. over contracts before ó see Jared Allen ó and the team obviously wants to avoid such distractions going into a critical year in their rebuilding process. "

I would take a guess that we have at least 2 guys miss the start of camp if not 3.:mad:

Micjones: Add in Kevin Robinson and Brian Johnston's names.
Signed, sealed, and delivered.

I smell a scathing Bob Gretz article

blueballs
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
This could help explain the hold up
philly daily news

Meanwhile, a team source confirmed that the dispute between the NFL and the NFLPA over how bonus money can be structured in 4-year rookie contracts is keeping the Birds from inking second-round picks DeSean Jackson and Trevor Laws, with rookies scheduled to report to Lehigh on Monday. The dispute has to do with ownership's decision to scrap the current collective-bargaining agreement, meaning there is no salary cap in 2011 right now. The dispute is to be heard by a Special Master today. The Eagles, and everybody else, hope for a decision over the weekend, but it isn't clear whether that will occur.

blueballs
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Peter King reports that Chris Long got a 16% raise over last years #2 Calvin Johnson

Cardinals agree to six-year, $62M deal with No. 5 pick Brown
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: August 4, 2007, 3:06 AM ET
The Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night reached agreement with first-round draft pick Levi Brown, the offensive tackle from Penn State, on a six-year contract, ESPN.com has confirmed.

The contract, negotiated by agent Joel Segal, has a maximum value of $62 million. That is believed to be the most lucrative contract in NFL history for an offensive lineman, although Brown is unlikely to max out the deal by reaching all the incentives.

-could that mean a 16% longer time in signings as well

--Detroit gave the wide receiver a six-year deal worth up to $64 million, a person with knowledge of the contract details told The Associated Press on Friday, with just under $27.2 million in guaranteed money

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Nothing like putting all your eggs in one basket, then not delivering. Good 'ol Carl.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Dorsey right now sees fair value as higher than the Chiefs do by a huge degree looking at these contracts....

Now the Chiefs are gonna sit and wait till Gholston signs....and if he gets more they're gonna be mad and screwed.

Nightfyre
07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I know if I was a GM, I'd be on vacation while the CPI goes up like 7% in one month. Oh wait, no I wouldn't.

Micjones
07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Add Cottam and Charles' names.

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
They've only had since April to work out these deals, how dare anyone actually want the players in camp on time.

Said in jest.