PDA

View Full Version : Electronics 40Gb Playstation 3

luv
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
I got mine for $398. I hear that they are cheaper now. I want to sell mine. I don't want to get ripped off. I would like to have enough left after buying a new dvd player (nothing really expensive) to feel like I've made something from the deal. I would be throwing in two Blu-Ray movies if interested (Con-Air and Pearl Harbor).

How much should I ask for? I have a number in mind, but I want to see if I'm aiming too high.

UPDATE:

Selling:
40Gb PS3 (with controller, of course)
Bluetooth keyboard (missing cover for batteries)
2 Blu-Ray movies (Con-Air and Pearl Harbor)
Any shipping included

I am going to ask $400 on craigslist, but I will ask $350 for anyone on here who wants to buy it. CP discount. :)

Buck
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I got mine for $398. I hear that they are cheaper now. I want to sell mine. I don't want to get ripped off. I would like to have enough left after buying a new dvd player (nothing really expensive) to feel like I've made something from the deal. I would be throwing in two Blu-Ray movies if interested (Con-Air and Pearl Harbor).

How much should I ask for? I have a number in mind, but I want to see if I'm aiming too high.

I think you could probably get $350 to $375

Guru
07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
That price drop announcement pissed me off too. Not like I can expect SonyStyle to drop the price within 30 days of purchase.

luv
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I think you could probably get $350 to $375

I offered it to someone for much less, and he said it was way too high. I was thinking $250, movies and shipping included.

Guru
07-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't sell your PS3 for that big of a loss. It is brand new for crying out loud.

ZootedGranny
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I offered it to someone for much less, and he said it was way too high. I was thinking $250, movies and shipping included.

$300 is more than fair.

luv
07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Don't sell your PS3 for that big of a loss. It is brand new for crying out loud.

Well, from what I hear, they're about that cheap at Wal-Mart after the $50 gift card. I can't sell it for more than what they can get it for elsewhere.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:24 PM
$300 is more than fair.

QFT. Even I would think that $300 is a little low. It's not like it's THAT old and abused.

KcKing
07-15-2008, 04:25 PM
They are averaging around 300 for the used 40 gb's on ebay... FWIW

luv
07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
QFT. Even I would think that $300 is a little low. It's not like it's THAT old and abused.

Alright. You guys have talked me up. It's hardly been used, AND I could throw in the bluetooth keyboard. It's missing the cover for the batteries, but it was still $70. I could do the PS3, keyboard, and two movies, plus shipping, for $350. Is that good?

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
ill buy it for 250, ****ing sold and i already own 1

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Alright. You guys have talked me up. It's hardly been used, AND I could throw in the bluetooth keyboard. It's missing the cover for the batteries, but it was still $70. I could do the PS3, keyboard, and two movies, plus shipping, for $350. Is that good?

If it were me I'd go for a little more but I'm all about negotiating with people. If you're just looking to get rid of it and get what you can for it....then yeah that's a good price.

Guru
07-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I think you could easily go higher. If they don't want it for that price they are trying to take you.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:30 PM
The PS3's are having a price drop?? I heard they are getting rid of the 40gig version, i dont care personally cause i dont see myself ever using it for more than occasional gaming but more for movies.

KcKing
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM

I'd put it on CL for 400 and "let" someone talk me down to 375 for the package...

Sure-Oz
http://www.pcworld.com/article/148300/sony_has_no_plans_to_cut_playstation_3_price.html

Still going to be $399

luv
The PS3's are having a price drop?? I heard they are getting rid of the 40gig version, i dont care personally cause i dont see myself ever using it for more than occasional gaming but more for movies.

That's what I was thinking. That's still cheaper than most Blu-Ray players, isn't it? Anyone on here interested in the whole package? I'll go $350 to anyone on here. Otherwise, I'm going to list it on craigslist for $400 (let them talk me down). :)

KcKing
07-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd put it on CL for 400 and "let" someone talk me down to 375 for the package...

That's what I was thinking. That's still cheaper than most Blu-Ray players, isn't it? Anyone on here interested in the whole package? I'll go $350 to anyone on here. Otherwise, I'm going to list it on craigslist for $400 (let them talk me down). :)

Jinx, you owe me a coke.... :D

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM

What your asking will sell....anyone that wants a bluray player should get a ps3. As for it getting discontinued it will be awhile....

Why are you getting rid of yours anyway?

luv
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Jinx, you owe me a coke.... :D

Damn, I could have had a Dr Pepper. :p

Guru
07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
just curious, how much for the keyboard alone and what are the two movies.

luv
07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
What your asking will sell....anyone that wants a bluray player should get a ps3. As for it getting discontinued it will be awhile....

Why are you getting rid of yours anyway?

I don't play games. My roommate does, but not often. I'm extremely low on cash due to his ass, so I'm selling it. As long as I can get a dvd player, I'll be more than happy.

luv
07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
just curious, how much for the keyboard alone and what are the two movies.

I paid $70 for the keyboard, but the cover for the batteries is missing (although I haven't rechecked inside the box. The two Blu-Ray movies are Con-Air and Pearl Harbor. I gave about $50 combined for the two of them.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't play games. My roommate does, but not often. I'm extremely low on cash due to his ass, so I'm selling it. As long as I can get a dvd player, I'll be more than happy.

Well that sucks, understandable...

If you package that all together id say dont go any lower than $325 also kick the roommates ass

Guru
07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I paid $70 for the keyboard, but the cover for the batteries is missing (although I haven't rechecked inside the box. The two Blu-Ray movies are Con-Air and Pearl Harbor. I gave about $50 combined for the two of them.

OK. Not really interested in the movies and wouldn't want to pay more than $20 for a keyboard since I can go to Wal Mart and get one for $25 (non blutooth). You would be better off selling it in the bundle.

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Damn, wish I had the disposable cash.

Guru
07-15-2008, 04:44 PM
If I hadn't already purchased mine, I would be all over this deal even though I don't need the extras.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM

What kind of DVD player are you looking for? What kind of TV do you have?

Demonpenz
07-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Do you have a nice tv or a crumby one because I am sure someone has an extra dvd player

luv
07-15-2008, 04:49 PM
What kind of DVD player are you looking for? What kind of TV do you have?

I've got a 37" flat panel HD Insignia from Best Buy. I'm just looking for a basic DVD player. No bells and whistles needed.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:50 PM
I've got a 37" flat panel HD Insignia from Best Buy. I'm just looking for a basic DVD player. No bells and whistles needed.

Go to walmart, done

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I'd be all over this if i didn't buy one a few months back...it is a good deal at the CP price

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM

This is what I've got right now.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5715956

markk
07-15-2008, 04:52 PM
ebay?

Demonpenz
07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
how much are you selling the tv for?

luv
ebay?

Eh. Not ebay savvy.

Sure-Oz
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6486442

Here you go LUV

luv
how much are you selling the tv for?

TV not for sale.

luv
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6486442

Here you go LUV

Yeah, I'll shop for a DVD player, but gotta work on getting this sold first.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
How much would you have to make over getting a DVD player to consider it a good deal for you?

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I'll shop for a DVD player, but gotta work on getting this sold first.

You might as well buy that now, its cheaper than gas:evil:

luv
07-15-2008, 04:57 PM
How much would you have to make over getting a DVD player to consider it a good deal for you?

Depends on which bills I'm paying with it...lol. I just want to get the most I can while being fair to the person I sell to.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Depends on which bills I'm paying with it...lol. I just want to get the most I can while being fair to the person I sell to.

I only say that because I'm contemplating buying it from you.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I only say that because I'm contemplating buying it from you.

I was as well, but i don't need 2 ps3'sROFL

Do you own one?

Guru
07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I've got a 37" flat panel HD Insignia from Best Buy. I'm just looking for a basic DVD player. No bells and whistles needed.Make sure you at least get a DVD player with upconversion then.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I was as well, but i don't need 2 ps3'sROFL

Do you own one?

No and I've been trying to talk myself into buying one but I can't forsee paying that much for a PS3. Once I saw her price I figured it didn't sound too bad.

Is the 40gb enough space or is the 80gb model a better buy?

Guru
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
No and I've been trying to talk myself into buying one but I can't forsee paying that much for a PS3. Once I saw her price I figured it didn't sound too bad.

Hers is the better buy. You can upgrade the HDD yourself. Don't look at it as a PS3. Look at it as a Blu Ray player. It is the cheapest and best one out there for the price.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 05:04 PM

This is a great deal, if you are a moderate gamer or somewhat consistent it should be fine. You can always replace the HDD yourself, it's not hard. I would buy it if i didn't own mine, this thread would've been over. Plus the BR player is way cheaper than any other and upgradeable

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
This is a great deal, if you are a moderate gamer or somewhat consistent it should be fine. You can always replace the HDD yourself, it's not hard. I would buy it if i didn't own mine, this thread would've been over. Plus the BR player is way cheaper than any other and upgradeable

That's what I was thinking. I'm working out some details right now.

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
That's what I was thinking. I'm working out some details right now.

Good deal...:thumb:

Guru
Upgrade it to a 500GB drive for $80 on Newegg and then install Linux for shits and giggles.

Pestilence
Good deal...:thumb:

Anything to help out a fellow planeteer.....and get myself a PS3 in the process. lol

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Upgrade it to a 500GB drive for $80 on Newegg and then install Linux for shits and giggles.
This man knows

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Anything to help out a fellow planeteer.....and get myself a PS3 in the process. lol

Exactly, you can feel pretty good about the owner, and it beats any bundle out there price wise

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM

How would I go about doing that?

luv
07-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I just want to say thanks to you guys for the input. I'd feel better knowing I gave a member of this BB a good deal. Several people on here have been there for me in the past, as well as a current situation. I appreciate everything.

Guru
07-15-2008, 05:36 PM
How would I go about doing that?

The PS3 instruction book will tell you how. Also, be sure to get a notebook SATA 5400 drive and not an IDE.

Buck
07-15-2008, 06:31 PM

No way you can get a 2.5" 500 GB SATA HDD for $80, just no way.

I think 320 GB is the max right now.

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Man, Luv, if I had an extra $350 right now, I'd be all over that.

I just bought a new TV with my stimulis check... but I spent it all. I figured I'd get the biggest, and best I could afford, because... whens the next time I'll buy one, ya know?

That Blu-Ray sure would look good on it. :D Hope you get it sold.

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Man, Luv, if I had an extra $350 right now, I'd be all over that.

I just bought a new TV with my stimulis check... but I spent it all. I figured I'd get the biggest, and best I could afford, because... when the next time I'll buy one, ya know?

That Blu-Ray sure would look good on it. :D Hope you get it sold.

What kinda tv did you end up getting?

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
What kinda tv did you end up getting?42" Samsung Plasma

Item Description

Samsung technology delivers crisp 720p resolution with high contrast for vivid colors and deep, dark blacks. The dynamic contrast ratio is an amazing 100,000:1, while brightness is rated at an equally impressive 1500 nits. The tuner can receive conventional analog channels (NTSC) and the new digital channels (ATSC), including over-the-air HDTV broadcasts, where available, and unscrambled digital cable channels. Two HDMI inputs and a variety of other inputs make it simple to connect DVD players, camcorders, game consoles, computers and surround-sound systems.

Note: You must have a source of HD programming in order to take full advantage of an HDTV. Otherwise, the picture quality of an HDTV without an HD source may not be much better than that of a standard-definition TV. Please contact your local cable or satellite TV provider for details on how to upgrade to HD programming.

Key Features & Benefits:
# 42-inch plasma screen (measured diagonally)
Delivers 1024 x 768 resolution for high picture quality at 720p
# Built-in ATSC digital/NTSC analog tuner
Receives conventional analog broadcasts and digital broadcasts including HDTV programs, where available
# 20,000:1 contrast ratio and 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
Ensure deeper blacks, brighter whites and vivid colors
# Digital Natural Image Engine Plus technology
Optimizes the moving picture image and color, while amplifying the contrast ratio and fine details for the best possible picture quality under all conditions
# HDMI, component video, S-video, audio and computer connections
Accommodate DVD players, camcorders, surround sound systems, PCs and other gear
# 20-watt stereo amplifier, two speakers and SRS TruSurround XT
Furnish room-filling audio with surround sound effects
# 3.7" deep without the removable base
Mounts on a wall with an optional VESA-compatible kit (sold separately)

Top of Page
Specifications
TV Technology: Plasma
TV Definition: HDTV
HDMI: Yes
Screen Size: 42"
Brightness: 1500 cd/m2
Contrast: 20000:1
Dimensions with Stand: 1054.9 x 759.4 x 315.9 (wxhxd)
Widescreen: Yes
Model No.: PN42A410
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 78.7
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 16.1 x 45.5 x 34.5
Instruction Manual: Y
Assembled in Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported
Origin of Components: USA and/or Imported
Wal-Mart No.: 000530973

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM
42" Samsung Plasma

Impressive.
GOW2 is going to look amazing on it ;)

Pablo
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice purchase KcMizzou.

I got this little gem about a month ago and it's lived up to my expectations pretty well.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8742/8742596_sa.jpg

With a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and hidden bottom-mount speakers with SRS TruSurround XT sound technology, this 32" flat-panel LCD HDTV delivers crisp 720p-resolution images and rich sound.
Product Features

* Built-In HDTV Tuner: Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming.
* 32" measured diagonally
* 1366 x 768 pixel resolution supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity

* 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience
* DNIe (Digital Natural Image engine) dramatically improves picture by enhancing contrast, detail and white balance
* Wide color enhancer and CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) provide a vast array of colors for vibrant picture quality
* High brightness (450 cd/mē) and incredible dynamic contrast ratio (10,000:1) for an arresting viewing experience
* Wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles make every seat the best in the house
* Fast 6 ms response time minimizes blurring of moving video
* 2 built-in 10W hidden bottom-mount speakers; SRS TruSurround XT delivers a virtual surround sound experience
* Ultraslim (3-7/10" deep), lightweight design is ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included)
* Auto wall mount compatible for 3-dimensional swivel operation via the TV's controls (auto wall mount not included); included swivel stand is easy to adjust for improved viewing
* PC input lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images
* 3 HDMI inputs provide an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest-quality connection and they support copy-protected HD broadcast content; HDMI-CEC support for controlling compatible peripheral devices with the TV remote
* Inputs: 3 HDMI (2 rear, 1 side), 2 RF, 2 component A/V (rear), 2 composite A/V (1 rear, 1 side), 1 S-video (rear) and 1 PC (rear)
* Outputs: optical digital audio (rear), headphone jack
* V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material
* Entertainment mode allows customized picture settings that can be optimized for different content
* Other convenient features include trilingual (English, French, Spanish) on-screen menus and sleep timer
* What's in the box: 32" 720p flat-panel LCD HDTV, remote and swivel stand

KcMizzou
07-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Sweet, Gonzo. The style looks just like mine. I like the design of the TV itself, let alone the picture. I've heard generally positive things about Samsung too.

This is the first "nice" TV I've ever bought.

Pablo
07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Sweet, Gonzo. The style looks just like mine. I like the design of the TV itself, let alone the picture. I've heard generally positive things about Samsung too.

This is the first "nice" TV I've ever bought.Yeah, my buddy bought a Samsung 40" 720p LCD. It's very, very awesome.

Samsung is a great brand as far as I can tell. Love my TV.

Guru
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
No way you can get a 2.5" 500 GB SATA HDD for $80, just no way.

I think 320 GB is the max right now.
Oops. that was the 4 inch. heh

Here is the best 320

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152111

$99

Saulbadguy
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
ppffffft...

TinyEvel
07-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Samsung is one of the best LCD makers out there, I've heard. For Plasma you gotta go Pioneer or Panasonic.

(ahem...)

Guru
07-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Samsung is one of the best LCD makers out there, I've heard. For Plasma you gotta go Pioneer or Panasonic.

(ahem...)

congrats on your empty box. :D

TinyEvel
07-16-2008, 12:55 AM
congrats on your empty box. :D

Yeah, you know how hard it is to dispose of a 6-foot wide cardboard box? I had to cut it into strips and fold up.

The contents of the box were worth the trouble, tho...

Guru
07-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah, you know how hard it is to dispose of a 6-foot wide cardboard box? I had to cut it into strips and fold up.

The contents of the box were worth the trouble, tho...

Hell, I held on to my box. Just in case.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I am probably going to get a 52" Sharp Aquos here in the near future, since my gf has a 32" version of it and man that is a nice ass tv.