PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Favre fits in KC

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/769273.html

As the chess game begins between the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Brett Favre, it’s clear that one way or another the future Hall of Famer will don a different jersey in 2008. I can think of 31 teams that could use Favre. One of them should be the Kansas City Chiefs.

In the spring of 1993 the Chiefs, at the tail end of Carl Peterson’s initial five-year plan, found a way to lure quarterback Joe Montana away from San Francisco. After some tense negotiations between Peterson, Montana’s agent, and the get-him-at-any-cost former owner of the Arizona Cardinals, Bill Bidwill, the Chiefs and 49ers struck a deal.

Montana had two franchises after his services, and it proved to be just the leverage he needed to force a trade from San Francisco. The deal was also an example of Peterson’s negotiating ability, as he convinced Montana that he would not be held hostage with a contract that didn’t fit KC’s salary cap.

In the end, the 49ers wrangled a first-round draft pick away from the Chiefs and everyone was happy. Kansas City benefited from Montana Magic as he led them to the AFC Championship in his first season. In fact, the team hasn’t won a playoff game since Montana wore the red and gold.

Now the Chiefs have an opportunity to land Favre. Déjŕ vu? Perhaps, but the question now is this:

Will Kansas City abandon their youth movement to grab a player who’s capable of delivering a division title, a return to the playoffs, and perhaps more?

Anyone who witnessed Favre’s game a year ago at Arrowhead knows he still has a rocket arm. The veteran had the Packers within reach of the Super Bowl last season despite the fact Green Bay’s offense wasn’t laden with All-Pro talent. They had an average offensive line and a poor running game for much of the season. Fortunately, Favre had a pair of capable wide receivers who could run both crossing patterns and deep routes. The fact that Favre was so successful with those less-than-spectacular elements was enough to convince me that his retirement earlier this offseason might be short-lived.

Right now the Chiefs are a few weeks away from jetting off to River Falls, to begin what I hope is their last training camp in Wisconsin. They are now seven months into their offseason plan of implementing a long-overdue youth movement.

That includes third-year quarterback Brodie Croyle (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698850), and both head coach Herm Edwards and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey are firmly entrenched in his camp. For the record, so am I. There is absolutely no doubt that Croyle has the goods to be a solid quarterback in this league.

But the opportunity to work out a trade with the Packers to land Farvre as a teacher and mentor for Croyle might just be worth the loss of a first-day draft pick in 2009. That goes against the current plan in Kansas City, but even a near-40 quarterback like Favre can bring something to the Chiefs.

Packers management isn’t all that interested in playing their hand at the moment, but let’s be honest - they’ll deal Favre as long as he doesn’t go to the Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears. It’s a good bet all of those teams would give up their top draft pick next season to land Favre.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson isn’t an idiot, either. The way he’s built his team the last three years, with outstanding draft classes from top to bottom, should indeed be the model for every NFL team to follow.

However, he’s in a losing battle on his position with Favre, because the quarterback is the Green Bay Packers. He’s as influential and important to the fan base as Vince Lombardi was to the face of the franchise in the 1960s. Right now Favre might be even bigger than Lombardi was.

The Packers are in a no-win situation because Favre’s desire to return indicates he either believes he can still play at a Pro Bowl level or he wants to collect the final two years of his mega-contract that will earn him nearly $40 million. Though the Packers could easily absorb the cap hit by keeping him on the active roster, they’re still playing with fire.

The team has put their faith in young quarterback Aaron Rodgers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3641936). When he throws his first interception this preseason, fans will boo him – wrongly, I might add – and they’ll start chanting for their hero, Favre, to replace him. It’s totally unfair, but it’s as inevitable as gas prices reaching $5.00 per gallon in September.

The Chiefs, meanwhile, really don’t need Favre. He’d be a luxury, however, one the team can afford with their plentiful salary cap space. It would also be great PR for a team many believe will finish last in the AFC West this season. The media attention would be 10 times what it was for the Chiefs during the Montana era. That’s good for business, especially when you’re in the midst of rebuilding a stadium.

If the Chiefs acquired Favre, Croyle would wind up in the same spot Rodgers was in Green Bay over the last couple of seasons. I’m not sure how Croyle would handle having Favre on the team.

Initially, I imagine he’d embrace it, because he’s a professional and when you come from a quarterback lineage of Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler at Alabama, another legend isn’t going to faze you.

Would adding Favre stunt Croyle’s development? Maybe so. That’s the risk the Chiefs have to take if they’re willing to enter trade talks with Green Bay.

But realistically, playing for the Chiefs won’t likely be Favre’s first choice. He wants to play for the Miami Dolphins or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But that might not be his call, and the Packers would be smart to ship him to an AFC team that won’t appear on their schedule this year or next.

That leaves a remote chance that the Chiefs could have a serious shot at Favre. If they do make a run at him, it would certainly make for an interesting three weeks in River Falls. Like last year with HBO's Hard Knocks, it would once again put the Chiefs at the forefront of NFL coverage before the season kicks off in New England.

markk
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
retarded

StcChief
07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
stupid. BS. Bret needs to honor his contract and if that means riding pine so be it.

RNR
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
"Will Kansas City abandon their youth movement to grab a player who’s capable of delivering a division title, a return to the playoffs, and perhaps more?"
ROFL

Bowser
07-15-2008, 01:38 PM
JFC

Monty
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
JFC

Yeah, what he said. :spock:

Skip Towne
No

OnTheWarpath58
Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

This is getting retarded.

He's not coming here. He shouldn't come here. He wouldn't want to come here.

If Green Bay was smart, they would bring Favre back, as he's the best shot they have to win a Super Bowl in the next year or two - and trade Aaron Rodgers - who is expendable since they drafted Brian Brohm.

luv
07-15-2008, 01:41 PM
"Will Kansas City abandon their youth movement to grab a player who’s capable of delivering a division title, a return to the playoffs, and perhaps more?"

Depends. Could he do it with zero help? I'd rather develop the youth, not get another old free agent to give us glory for a year or two. If our coaching staff can't develop youth, then find people who can. JMO.

Otter
07-15-2008, 01:41 PM
When you can't produce a Super Bowl this is the kinda stuff you do. And this is the kind of stuff that doesn't produce Super Bowls.

It's a vicious cycle.

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
When you can't produce a Super Bowl this is the kinda stuff you do. And this is the kind of stuff that doesn't produce Super Bowls.

It's a vicious cycle.

QFMFT.

kepp
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM
If Green Bay was smart, they would bring Favre back, as he's the best shot they have to win a Super Bowl in the next year or two - and trade Aaron Rodgers - who is expendable since they drafted Brian Brohm.

ding, ding, ding

Tribal Warfare
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM

BINGO!

alpha_omega
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
...I can think of 31 teams that could use Favre...I quit reading when i came across this line in the first paragraph. Maybe a few teams, but not 31....

Based on that, i will assume that the rest of the article is nonsense.

Demonpenz
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
If we get favre. It would Def sell tickets, and there is no way we would get blacked out.

blueballs
07-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Favre has made it clear
he has the right to refuse a trade
another nail in the Favre fever coffin

Easy 6
07-15-2008, 01:49 PM
No way.

As a matter of fact, i've lost a lot of respect for Favre after this latest flip-flop. The guy needs to make a damn decision & stick with it. Instead, he holds the Pack hostage to his every whim.

He's great & everything...but his latest whining is very annoying.

Redrum_69
07-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Give Favre Lin Elliots old number....

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Give Favre Lin Elliots old number....

My EEEAAAAARS!!

I mean..... my EEEYYYES.!!

Redrum_69
07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Claythan

Do you suffer from OCD's...or have ADHD?

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Claythan

Do you suffer from OCD's...or have ADHD?

OCD's??

RNR
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
My EEEAAAAARS!!

I mean..... my EEEYYYES.!!

With all the names that create smilies here it stuns me that one appears without one :spock:

gblowfish
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
This post is almost as big an attention whore as Brett Favre is.

blueballs
07-15-2008, 01:58 PM
whoever suggested he go to Indy is spot on
keep all the will he or won't he retirements in one city

Fish
07-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Nick Athan has lost what little mind he had....

Is he getting ideas from Gunther_Fan threads now??

Rooster
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Craptastic article. Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

This is getting retarded.

He's not coming here. He shouldn't come here. He wouldn't want to come here.

Then where does Aaron Rodgers go?

BigRock
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
But realistically, playing for the Chiefs won’t likely be Favre’s first choice. He wants to play for the Miami Dolphins
What?

RNR
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan has lost what little mind he had....

Is he getting ideas from Gunther_Fan threads now??

That ranks up there among the most stupid articles I have ever read. That ranks up there with homer fans who write blogs :shake:

Stewie
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
How does that rag make a ****ing penny?

And what's a near-40 quarterback? Do they have an editor?

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Then where does Aaron Rodgers go?

Miami, Minnesota, Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco, Carolina, to name a few.

Hell, KC actually makes sense if we're talking about Rodgers - not Favre.

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM
WTF Clayton? We are rebuilding and we won't sniff the playoffs with or without Favre

Direckshun
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
The choice here is whether I'd like to have Favre, or Maualuga with the #3 pick in the NFL draft in 2009.

I would take Maualuga in a heartbeat.

Direckshun
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
+1

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 02:15 PM
The choice here is whether I'd like to have Favre, or Maualuga with the #3 pick in the NFL draft in 2009.

I would take Maualuga in a heartbeat.

Damn straight.

I'd love to see some improvement this season, but I'd also love to see Maualuga, Oher or Laurinaitis in a Chiefs uniform in 2009.

Pestilence
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Miami, Minnesota, Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco, Carolina, to name a few.

You can cross off Minnesota, Detroit and Chicago because I don't think the Packers will ever trade a QB to any of them.

Carolina probably makes the most sense out of that group.

Bowser
07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
How good would it be if Favre came here and took us to the AFC Championship game in Buffalo, only to be knocked out of the game with a concussion.

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
How good would it be if Favre came here and took us to the AFC Championship game in Buffalo, only to be knocked out of the game with a concussion.

ROFL

StcChief
07-15-2008, 02:24 PM
or how to have the NFL continue hate the Chiefs

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
the Chiefs are a few weeks away from jetting off to River Falls, to begin what I hope is their last training camp in Wisconsin.

Something against Wisconsin Claythan?

Chiefnj2
07-15-2008, 02:27 PM
It would have to be a west coast type system - Tampa will be the most likely landing spot.

BigVE
07-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Favre's agent has mentioned that IF Brett did go somewhere he would want it to be a competitive team with a chance at the playoffs...that leaves KC out of any discussion for B. Favre's services. Period.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Something tells me Croyle will never have a season as good as this:

GP PYDS PCT TDs INT RATING
16 4155 66.5 28 15 95.7

Why wouldnt we want Favre? Hes still playing at a HIGH level. This isnt an aging Joe Montana situation, where he didnt play for a long time before he came to KC. (and no, that mopup game in SF in 92 doesnt count)

ferrarispider95
07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Something against Wisconsin Claythan?

Nick Athan wrote it

I hope they keep it in River Falls, nice little town, cooler weather, and most locals have become Chiefs fans.

rambleonthruthefog
07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
16 4155 66.5 28 15 95.7

we'd be better with him than without him. hes someone croyle could learn from. hed be better in the short term and in the long term. bring em' in.

and since chris henry's charges were dropped, bring him in too.

BigVE
07-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Something tells me Croyle will never have a season as good as this:

16 4155 66.5 28 15 95.7

Why wouldnt we want Favre? Hes still playing at a HIGH level. This isnt an aging Joe Montana situation, where he didnt play for a long time before he came to KC. (and no, that mopup game in SF in 92 doesnt count)

I doubt it would ever happen but I would welcome Favre if he came to KC. Our O-line would have to grow up in a hurry to keep him from being killed. He is still several notches better than any QB we have now.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 02:42 PM
we'd be better with him than without him.

Thats all im saying. Its a QB driven league and having a good QB has more effect on wins that anything else.

If the Chiefs think they can compete for a playoff spot with a high caliber QB this year or the next, then they should make a push for Favre.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Tyler Thigpen already wears #4, case closed. Thigpen ain't given his number up. :D

Mecca
07-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't really have a problem with Favre here, the Packers are doing all they can to keep him retired. If they don't want him then move him, and there is no way they can bring him back as the backup. That puts the most ridiculous pressure in the world on Rodgers, if he screws up once we know what happens...

If Favre goes to camp with them he's their starter, period. All this stuff right now is posturing. Their GM is being hard headed because Rodgers was his first pick as a GM, he's acting more committed to that player than he is about winning.

Odds are Favre will be their starting QB at the beginning of the year, if he's not and Rodgers sucks, this is the kind of thing that gets people fired...We'll see but right now I don't see any side as more right than the other, they both have their points but in the end they're a better team with Favre.

As a Chiefs fan you should hope he comes back because it makes Rodgers an option for next season, a likely much better one than we currently have.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I doubt it would ever happen but I would welcome Favre if he came to KC. Our O-line would have to grow up in a hurry to keep him from being killed. He is still several notches better than any QB we have now.

Croyle would marvel at his ability to take a hit and get up and keep playing...

RJ
07-15-2008, 02:51 PM
ROFL

Yep, that's as far as I got. There was no need to read any further.

Redrum_69
07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
OCD's

obsessive compulsive disorder

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan wrote it

I hope they keep it in River Falls, nice little town, cooler weather, and most locals have become Chiefs fans.

Yeah, I would prefer they stay in Wisconsin, too. I think roughing it is good for the team. But to be realistic, they just dumped a ton of cash on Arrowhead and the surrounding area. They have to use those facilities.

I can't really complain I guess. I'm going to love spending time in KC for training camp in future years. River Falls sucks ass.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 02:56 PM
As a Chiefs fan you should hope he comes back because it makes Rodgers an option for next season, a likely much better one than we currently have.

Ironically, we passed on Rodgers for DJ. Which is one of the few decent 1st round QB options Peterson ever passed on.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Ironically, we passed on Rodgers for DJ. Which is one of the few decent 1st round QB options Peterson ever passed on.

If the Chiefs had taken Rodgers that year, though I'd have been fine with it, Vermiel probably would have melted down more than he did after the LJ pick since Trent Green was basically his boyfriend.

I'm starting to come to this thought, unless you think that LB is a 10 time pro bowler and one of the best in the game a LB like DJ may not be worth a first round pick....to make that pick worth it he has to develop into being as good as Keith Bulluck.

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
to make that pick worth it he has to develop into being as good as Keith Bulluck.

Keith Bulluck 2007 - 88 tackles, 0 sacks, 2.5 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 5 interceptions, 7 passes defensed.

Derrick Johnson 2007 - 93 tackles, 4 sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, 6 passes defensed.

Considering that Bulluck played with Haynesworth in front of him last year, I'd say the gap between him and DJ is closer than you insinuate.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Stats are nice but if you watch them play Bulluck never disappears and makes more game changing plays.....Bulluck is one of the best OLB's in the league today, DJ has a ways to go to be on his level, regardless of those stats.

Fairplay
07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Claythen needs drug or alcohol counseling.

cdcox
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I would prefer they stay in Wisconsin, too. I think roughing it is good for the team.

They practiced at William Jewell in Liberty during the glory years. I think that was good for them.

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't really have a problem with Favre here, the Packers are doing all they can to keep him retired. If they don't want him then move him, and there is no way they can bring him back as the backup. That puts the most ridiculous pressure in the world on Rodgers, if he screws up once we know what happens...

If Favre goes to camp with them he's their starter, period. All this stuff right now is posturing. Their GM is being hard headed because Rodgers was his first pick as a GM, he's acting more committed to that player than he is about winning.

Odds are Favre will be their starting QB at the beginning of the year, if he's not and Rodgers sucks, this is the kind of thing that gets people fired...We'll see but right now I don't see any side as more right than the other, they both have their points but in the end they're a better team with Favre.

I agree with all of that except your last statement because in all likelihood even if Favre comes back this year and plays I doubt he last more than this year or next.

InChiefsHell
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I'd rather have Aaron Rogers...seriously.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Rodgers in no way comes back to that team if Favre comes back for another year, he goes to a team where he's the starter going in, like say us.

He doesn't go back to GB where he has "hey Favre could come back" over his head and Brian Brohm sitting there too.

OnTheWarpath58
07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
I'd rather have Aaron Rogers...seriously.

Me too.

He'd actually still be around when the rest of the team is good, unlike Favre.

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Rodgers in no way comes back to that team if Favre comes back for another year, he goes to a team where he's the starter going in, like say us.

He doesn't go back to GB where he has "hey Favre could come back" over his head and Brian Brohm sitting there too.

I don't know about that. He is going to be there this year for sure and who knows if Favre comes back next year.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Yea so start praying Favre comes back and it's with them, that makes Rodgers an option for us because he will test FA and we'd be an option because we could offer him a starting job...

And for all the Croyle homers this is his season, I don't think he'll show anything hence why I say this, and then no one can complain about going after Rodgers because Croyle got his shot.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't know about that. He is going to be there this year for sure and who knows if Favre comes back next year.

If you were him why wouldn't you go to FA, he can get a guaranteed starting job and a good contract......if that does happen he's the player the Chiefs need to be after.

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I love how people pine for Rodgers when we already have Croyle, who has more experience and more talent, to be honest. Rodgers doesn't have a great arm.

The grass is always greener!!!! CHIEFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Croyle in no way is more talented than Rodgers, having a stronger arm doesn't make you more talented.....no matter what level you go to, Rodgers looked good in his time against Dallas last year..

Even if you go back to college like people do with Croyle, Rodgers was a much better college player.

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Croyle in no way is more talented than Rodgers.

Really?

They're about the same size, about the same level of mobility.

Croyle has a cannon. Rodgers doesn't.

From a pure physical standpoint, raw talent, Croyle has the edge.

That doesn't mean he's a better player, but to date Rodgers has done jack shit in the NFL. If he had shown ANYTHING in practice do you think the Packers would have drafted Brian Brohm?

But **** Croyle. RODGERS IS TEH SAVIOOOOOOOOOOOR!

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
If you were him why wouldn't you go to FA, he can get a guaranteed starting job and a good contract......if that does happen he's the player the Chiefs need to be after.

I guess it depends on his contract status. Is he a FA next season? I could imagine the Packers franchising him if they wanted him badly enough.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Sure because the Packers have a really odd draft strategy, they took Jordy Nelson when they have no problem at WR at all, does that pick mean that Greg Jennings was a bad pick?

It's hypothetical anyway, Croyle gets his year like I said, you'll know if he's worth another or not. I'm going with the theory he's not and that makes Rodgers an option, an option I think is much better than drafting a QB with a top 5 pick in a bad QB year.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess it depends on his contract status. Is he a FA next season? I could imagine the Packers franchising him if they wanted him badly enough.

This is his last year under contract, and no way they tag him, QB is the most highly paid position in the league, they'd have to pay him about 15 mill for 1 year.

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Nevermind Rodgers was drafted by the Packers in the first round of the 2005 draft. He signed a five year contract.

So that means he is with them through the 2010 season unless they cut him or trade him

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
This is his last year under contract, and no way they tag him, QB is the most highly paid position in the league, they'd have to pay him about 15 mill for 1 year.

Nope he is there until 2011

Spott
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
That doesn't mean he's a better player, but to date Rodgers has done jack shit in the NFL.

And Croyle has done what?

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I believe he has an opt out......it is in pretty much all rookie contracts.

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 03:27 PM
And Croyle has done what?

At least he has more than one touchdown pass. At least he's started a game. At least he's won a ga...never mind.

dirk digler
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I believe he has an opt out......it is in pretty much all rookie contracts.

Not on rookie contracts.

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal contains $4.13 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. Another $16.82 million is available though incentives, $8.25 million of which can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers only gets $2.2 million of that if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
At least he has more than one touchdown pass. At least he's started a game. At least he's won a ga...never mind.

I bet Aaron Rodgers could have beat out Damon Huard...

Count Zarth
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah or maybe he'd have been torn to pieces behind that crappy offensive line, ever think of that?

Chief Faithful
The only thing Farve offers KC is no QB when the team is ready to win in a few years and lower draft choices between now and then.

Mecca
Not on rookie contracts.

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal contains $4.13 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. Another $16.82 million is available though incentives, $8.25 million of which can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers only gets $2.2 million of that if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent

There has to be something in that contract because it's been widely report they could lose him after this season.

Deberg_1990
If the Chiefs had taken Rodgers that year, though I'd have been fine with it, Vermiel probably would have melted down more than he did after the LJ pick since Trent Green was basically his boyfriend.

I'm starting to come to this thought, unless you think that LB is a 10 time pro bowler and one of the best in the game a LB like DJ may not be worth a first round pick....to make that pick worth it he has to develop into being as good as Keith Bulluck.

Also, the fanbase probably would have had a meltdown had we drafted a QB instead of a potential game changing defensive player that year.

IM with you though, unless you think LB is another DT or LT, you probably shouldnt be picking a LB first round.

Oh well...water under the bridge...

Spott

I met Mr Rogers could have beat out Damon Huard.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah or maybe he'd have been torn to pieces behind that crappy offensive line, ever think of that?

Eh, I don't think anyone can have injuries thrown up as a reason in comparison to Croyle.

Micjones
I'd love to have Favre, but I doubt seriously he'd want to come to Kansas City.

We're simply not where we need to be offensively...not yet.

Green Bay would be foolish not to let him play for them this year.
He almost got them back to the Big Game.

dirk digler

LMAO

Clayton could have beat Damon. :)

Bowser
07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd love to have Favre, but I doubt seriously he'd want to come to Kansas City.

We're simply not where we need to be offensively...not yet.

Green Bay would be foolish not to let him play for them this year.
He almost got them back to the Big Game.

And really, why would he want to leave Green Bay with all that talent there?

Count Zarth
LMAO

I wonder how far I can toss the pigskin now. I have pretty muscular shoulders. :D

Boy, can you imagine someone from Chiefsplanet becoming the Chiefs QB? It would be epic.

THREAD - Sorry guys...I just ****ed up. Too much pressure! Please don't neg rep me.

REPLY - **** you! Get in the film room!

REPLY - What the **** was that audible dumbass?

Mecca
Also, the fanbase probably would have had a meltdown had we drafted a QB instead of a potential game changing defensive player that year.

IM with you though, unless you think LB is another DT or LT, you probably shouldnt be picking a LB first round.

Oh well...water under the bridge...

Our organization and fans had a lack of foresight and we pay for it now, if we had taken Rodgers and some of the other offensive players that were better picks than the D guys we reached on we wouldn't be in this spot today.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
LMAO

Well as long as he didn't have a Croyle style preseason, he basically played his way out of that job, to Carls delight.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 03:33 PM
And really, why would he want to leave Green Bay with all that talent there?

He most likely doesnt, but his hand is being forced.

cardken
07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Everybody is so against the Farve deal, but this is exactly what the Chiefs and King Carl do. They are'nt interested in building, developing talent. They want to sell tickets, increase revenue, and if the "midwestern rubes" will pay to see the" Bearded Lady' and the "Crab Boy" at the sideshow, they'll pay to see the "Ageless Wonder" Brett Farve. I don't want to see it, but I can see it.:mad:

Bowser
07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
He most likely doesnt, but his hand is being forced.

Can you imagine the backlash if Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't allow Favre to finish his career in Green Bay? They would become instant parriahs.

I think the likely scenario is that Favre starts, Rodgers backsup, Brohm is number three, and Ryan is on the practice squad. The rest is all just a bunch of off season speculation and blowing out of porportion. If Favre wants to play, and start, for the Packers, he most likely will.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Can you imagine the backlash if Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't allow Favre to finish his career in Green Bay? They would become instant parriahs.

I think the likely scenario is that Favre starts, Rodgers backsup, Brohm is number three, and Ryan is on the practice squad. The rest is all just a bunch of off season speculation and blowing out of porportion. If Favre wants to play, and start, for the Packers, he most likely will.

Ryan? The Falcons have something to do with this?

Bowser
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Oh hell, Flynn, dammit.

Bowser
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Favre for Ryan. Now THAT would be the embodiment of full circle.

Mecca
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I think odds are Favre is GB's QB week 1.

Deberg_1990
07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Our organization and fans had a lack of foresight and we pay for it now, if we had taken Rodgers and some of the other offensive players that were better picks than the D guys we reached on we wouldn't be in this spot today.

At least the Chiefs chose the right defensive player that year. None of these guys picked after DJ have done much yet.

Travis Johnson
David Pollack
Erasmus James
Marcus Spears
Fabian Washington

Ooops: Luis Castillo. Damnit Carl!!!

Sure-Oz
07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
We all know that if Favre came here he'd have to compete with Croyle, it won't be just handed to him/herm

blueballs
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
10/10/69
he's too ****ing old

Phobia
07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Typical Warpaint garbage. Stupidity beyond stupidity. Deja Vu? The Chiefs had a pretty good team when Joe Montana came to town. The Chiefs are pretty bad right now.

The only deja vu going on with this article is me slapping my forehead wishing I hadn't read another Warpaint craplumn.

ChiefsCountry
Montana was brought in to be the final piece of the puzzle and it about worked. Favre on the other hand wouldnt be. It wouldnt be good here in KC for him.

BigRock
Eh, I don't think anyone can have injuries thrown up as a reason in comparison to Croyle.
Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly Mr. Durability himself, though.

beach tribe
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I think odds are Favre is GB's QB week 1.

That's where my money is.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
You all know damn well this is totally something Carl would do if he could.

cardken
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
You all know damn well this is totally something Carl would do if he could.

Could, Would, Will?:evil:

chiefs1111
07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Yea so start praying Favre comes back and it's with them, that makes Rodgers an option for us because he will test FA and we'd be an option because we could offer him a starting job...

And for all the Croyle homers this is his season, I don't think he'll show anything hence why I say this, and then no one can complain about going after Rodgers because Croyle got his shot.

Totally agree and i still don't think that Croyle will last an entire season either.

Buehler445
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Aaron Rodgers isn't exactly Mr. Durability himself, though.

Yeah, didn't Favre get a stinger on his elbow or something and Rogers comes in and promptly breaks his foot? I vaguely remember that.

Shaid
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Brett playing in KC makes sense if we are a playoff team and he can push us over the edge. That's not the case. See what Croyle has. If we need to give up a high round draft pick to get Favre, I'd rather save it and use it on a young QB next year than an old QB this year. We don't need a patch job that'll maybe get us to the playoffs. Been there, lost there. Let's not give up on the youth movement half way through.

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Stupid, infinity...

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
1) He's one of the five most overrated players of all time
2) He cost his team the NFC championship last year
3) He makes god awful decisions in huge games
4) He's in his late 30's

F*ck no.

Coach
07-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Favre won't come to KC. He wants to go to a team that has a good probability to win in the playoffs. The Chiefs are nowhere even close to become a playoff contender this year.

Terrible article and terrible analysis. And you can quote me on that. *spits on the article*

StcChief
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
is the off season over so this crap will stop..... we can get on with regular season crappy articles.

smittysbar
07-15-2008, 08:25 PM
One of the dumbest articles I have read to date.

Phobia
07-15-2008, 09:12 PM
This one reflects not only poorly on the one who wrote it but anybody who touched it along the way and made a decision to publish it. It's like putting your kid's crayola drawings in an art gallery.

rambleonthruthefog
07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
1) He's one of the five most overrated players of all time
2) He cost his team the NFC championship last year
3) He makes god awful decisions in huge games
4) He's in his late 30's

F*ck no.

to say he is overrated is foolish.
his team most likely wouldn't have made it as far as they did had brett not been the qb
the other two have some merrit.

Nightfyre
07-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Having not read the whole thread, I'll just throw this out there and hope it's not a repost.

Nuthooks.

RNR
07-16-2008, 07:01 AM
This one reflects not only poorly on the one who wrote it but anybody who touched it along the way and made a decision to publish it. It's like putting your kid's crayola drawings in an art gallery.

"Initially, I imagine he’d embrace it, because he’s a professional and when you come from a quarterback lineage of Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler at Alabama, another legend isn’t going to faze you."
ROFL Outstanding!!! it is good gochiefs has this clown around, heck some of his fluff looks pretty good compared to this silly shit.

Chiefnj2
07-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Any professional football player that decides to give exclusive interviews to Greta Van Susteren should have his man card revoked and be banned by the league for one year.

blueballs
07-17-2008, 07:15 AM
A Favre-free zone
Jul 17, 2008, 4:45:25 AM by Jonathan Rand - FAQ

It’s much too early to know if Herm Edwards’ confidence in Brodie Croyle will be vindicated.

It’s even too early to know for sure who’ll be the Chiefs quarterback by December.

It is not too early, however, to conclude that the Chiefs’ quarterback will not be a future Hall of Famer ready to come out of retirement a few months short of his 39th birthday.

You can put Edwards on a short list of NFL coaches who won’t be seriously asked whether he’s interested in trading for Brett Favre, assuming he comes out of retirement and the Packers don’t want him back. Asking Edwards if he wants Favre would be like asking somebody who lives 60 miles from work to buy an SUV, even a top-of-the-line model.

There are distinct advantages to staking out a firm position, and Edwards has touted his youth movement more often than Boone Pickens has been advertising wind farms.

Edwards hasn’t just told the home folks about his commitment to youth, which is highlighted by the 35 rookies on his training camp roster. If you check publications and web sites around the nation, you’ll realize there’s nobody left who hasn’t gotten Herm’s message, loud and clear.

That’s not to say everybody agrees he’s on the right track. But everybody would agree he’s not jumping off that track any time soon.

A coach in Edwards’ situation could usually expect an avalanche of questions about his interest in Favre, though it’s doubtful a quarterback on his last go-around would want anything to do with a team not poised to contend now. The Chiefs are coming off a 4-12 season and have big questions at quarterback – questions that Favre could answer for a season or two.

Edwards will not, of course, be able to avoid the Favre chatter unless he brings ear plugs to training camp at River Falls, Wisconsin. That’s across the state from the Favre soap opera and a short drive from Minneapolis, which seems to rank first on Favre’s wish list.

Then there’s Tampa Bay, Washington, Baltimore and anywhere else where a head coach might want to give a youngster more time to develop or isn’t satisfied with his incumbent.

Edwards isn’t interested in keeping Croyle, who entering his third season, as an understudy this season. “It’s his team,” he reiterated last month.

If Croyle gets serious competition, it will come from another youngster, ex-Viking Justin Thigpen. If the Chiefs feel the need for a veteran, Damon Huard will still be around.

How could any coach not want a legendary quarterback coming off a big season? You could start with a $12 million salary and the draft choices that the Packers would demand in a trade. Then there’s the planning issue.

Every NFL organization began planning for 2008 as soon as the 2007 season ended and tried to put pieces in place through free agency, the draft, off-season workouts, salary planning and perhaps changes in coaches and systems.

While the Favre of 2007 is a better quarterback than most teams possess, few can afford to tear up their blueprints with training camp just around the corner. The Packers needed to know for sure about Favre’s change of heart before the April draft.

That’s why his likely comeback is timed so awkwardly, and why many fans will be stunned by the relative lack of interest from the Packers and most other teams. He’d be asking the Packers to throw their locomotive into reverse after they’ve already moved a far piece down the tracks.

With Edwards, however, timing is no issue. He wouldn’t have wanted Favre — or any other veteran who would expect to start – in January, much less right now.

Amid the hazy prospects for the 2008 Chiefs, there’s just one certainty. When it comes to serving youth, Edwards will stay the course.

InChiefsHell
07-17-2008, 07:30 AM
If Croyle gets serious competition, it will come from another youngster, ex-Viking Justin Thigpen. If the Chiefs feel the need for a veteran, Damon Huard will still be around.

I thought it was TYLER Thigpen...:spock:

Chiefnj2
07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
The only reason I would want KC to sign Favre is to watch the NFL and the networks scramble around to try and get the Chiefs on tv in primetime as much as possible.

RNR
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
If you write for this website you most likely live in your parents basement :)

pr_capone
10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
If you write for this website you most likely live in your parents basement :)

I would almost be willing to bet that your Airborn Ranger actually belongs to the mailman.

RNR
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I would almost be willing to bet that your Airborn Ranger actually belongs to the mailman.
We live in the same town and my son just left to go back for redeployment. if you would like to make that comment about my sons mother to me in person that would be fine with me.

pr_capone
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
We live in the same town and my son just left to go back for redeployment. if you would like to make that comment about my sons mother to me in person that would be fine with me.

Don't get your panties in a twist.... just taking a jab at you for being a Raider fan. No different than saying any other kid was fathered by any other person.

RNR
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist.... just taking a jab at you for being a Raider fan. No different than saying any other kid was fathered by any other person.

Whatever

Count Zarth
10-05-2008, 04:11 PM
lol...someone is pissed off!

triple
10-05-2008, 04:14 PM

owned