PDA

View Full Version : Football I love the rule change

Demonpenz
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
I love the rule that there is no "Pushed out of bounds" this year. It gives the Corner or other DB's the ability to try to make a play and not be punished by the rule. "the reciver would ahve caught the ball in bounds"

dtebbe
07-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I love the rule that there is no "Pushed out of bounds" this year. It gives the Corner or other DB's the ability to try to make a play and not be punished by the rule. "the reciver would ahve caught the ball in bounds"

Some bitches are getting jacked up this year, for sure...

DT

morphius
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
They'll probably just call more pass interference to make up for it...

Micjones
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't like the rule change.

It'll be far too easy for DB's to just push a Wide Receiver out now.
That's not exactly making a play.

Ecto-I
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I like the rule, HOWEVER, I think they should allow the receiver to get only one foot in bounds for a catch to dampen the advantage CBs are getting with the new rule. With the old "push out" rule, two feet made more sense, but now, I'd prefer to see just the one foot rule.

Demonpenz
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM

There was times in the back of the endzone I rooted for the DB not to hit the WR and to let him see where he would come down. This is a step to eliminate that and just let them play.

alpha_omega
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
i agree...the "push out" rule seemed too arbitrary to me.

Micjones
07-16-2008, 11:32 AM
There was times in the back of the endzone I rooted for the DB not to hit the WR and to let him see where he would come down. This is a step to eliminate that and just let them play.

I can see a Corner coming over late and having no shot at deflecting or intercepting a pass being just close enough to shove a Receiver out. That's what I don't wanna see.

Micjones
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I like the rule, HOWEVER, I think they should allow the receiver to get only one foot in bounds for a catch to dampen the advantage CBs are getting with the new rule. With the old "push out" rule, two feet made more sense, but now, I'd prefer to see just the one foot rule.

That would be a great way to balance the rule change out.

Demonpenz
07-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I can see a Corner coming over late and having no shot at deflecting or intercepting a pass being just close enough to shove a Receiver out. That's what I don't wanna see.

Difference of opinion I guess.... If he gets there before the reciever comes down, to me he isn't late.

Phobia
07-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Difference of opinion I guess.... If he gets there before the reciever comes down, to me he isn't late.

I agree but then I was a DB growing up so my view is biased.

Another positive is that if enough WR are pushed OOB on out or corner routes then maybe we'll start seeing a whole lot more throwing over the middle. I don't think it's a whole lot of fun to watch a dozen out routes at the end of the game while a team is trying to manage the clock. It will also make times out more important. We're screwed, huh?

Demonpenz
07-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I am slow as hell, so my view is also biased :)

CoMoChief
07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
This will help our safeties who are constantly out of position to make a play on the ball.

Now they can just knock the shit out of opposing WR's and hope they go out of bounds without being able to drag 2 feet.

HC_Chief
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM

That would be interference. If the contact occurs while the pass is in the air and before the ball arrives it's a PI flag every time, regardless of position on the field.

Stewie
07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
How far can the DB carry the WR before he's not "pushed" out?

Baconeater
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
It was a stupid rule to begin with.

InChiefsHell
07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
How far can the DB carry the WR before he's not "pushed" out?

...awesome! I get a visual of a little Dante Hall dude getting thrown out of bounds from 10 yards away...ROFL

milkman
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
This and the helmut communication rule are the first rules changes in years that benefit the defense.

I'm surprised they passed.

RedNeckRaider
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM

The have been screwing the defense over going back to 1977. The 5 bump rule, no head slap, allowing offensive limeman to flat out hold, No hook rule, flags for any kind of rough hit on wideouts, in the grasp rule, the 1 step rule, the QB slide rule. They have stopped just short of making the defense line up with 10 players. I dont know your age but I remember well the days before they outlawed defense. Nice to see a very small move to restore it.

Starbux37
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
The have been screwing the defense over going back to 1977. The 5 bump rule, no head slap, allowing offensive limeman to flat out hold, No hook rule, flags for any kind of rough hit on wideouts, in the grasp rule, the 1 step rule, the QB slide rule. They have stopped just short of making the defense line up with 10 players. I dont know your age but I remember well the days before they outlawed defense. Nice to see a very small move to restore it.

Absolutely agree about Defenses getting screwed by the rules leaning toward the Offensive game. But the truth of the matter is the NFL learned long ago that Defense may win Championships but Offense puts season ticket holders in the seats and viewers glued to the tv. Money will always win out when it comes to the NFL making any kind of decision.

Dartgod
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree but then I was a DB growing up so my view is biased.

DB? Douchebag? Did you own a motorcycle?

KCrockaholic
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
DB? Douchebag? Did you own a motorcycle?

lol, sorry...it was funny ROFL

KCrockaholic
07-16-2008, 03:20 PM
...awesome! I get a visual of a little Dante Hall dude getting thrown out of bounds from 10 yards away...ROFL

haha, same here...i could just picture a guy thats like 170lbs and 5'7 catching the ball, then before his feet touch the ground a LB or safety grabs him and just throws him out of bounds...i wonder what the officials would do if this actually happened?

Mecca
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Absolutely agree about Defenses getting screwed by the rules leaning toward the Offensive game. But the truth of the matter is the NFL learned long ago that Defense may win Championships but Offense puts season ticket holders in the seats and viewers glued to the tv. Money will always win out when it comes to the NFL making any kind of decision.

No one wants to watch their fantasy teams suck cause their players can't do anything.

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I like it. If he doesn't catch it in bounds, he doesn't catch it.

Skip Towne
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
No one wants to watch their fantasy teams suck cause their players can't do anything.

I'd hate to think fantasy teams had anything to do with NFL rules. That would be really sad.

Valiant
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM

No it will just mean more TD's for TE's and RB's in the endzone..

And out routes will be a lot ****ing harder for the WR's..

I am happy for this rule..

Mecca
07-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I'd hate to think fantasy teams had anything to do with NFL rules. That would be really sad.

Um it does....fantasy football is big business, it makes people care about teams and players they generally never would.

cdcox
07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
This won't be the last we hear of this rule. I think it give a HUGE advantage to the DB on any play near the sideline. I don't think the owners have thought through this and they will have to revisit it in a couple of years.

patteeu
07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I like this rule change too. If there were a better, more consistent way to enforce the "force out" rule, I wouldn't be so glad to see it gone.

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I like this rule change too. If there were a better, more consistent way to enforce the "force out" rule, I wouldn't be so glad to see it gone.

I just don't like giving the refs any kind of judgment call. Either it is or it isn't. Not "Well, that one was close. Could have gone either way".