PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Terminator Salvation teaser

Deberg_1990
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/8841507/standardformat/

I wonder how the TV series will fit in with this??

Tribal Warfare
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm really skeptical if this movie will be good, due to McG being the director and diluting this franchise to PG-13

Sure-Oz
07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
We'll see, seems pg13 is the new R now a' days

Christian Bale so ill see it

Deberg_1990
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I think this franchise has run its course. No Arnold??

I think ill pass.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM

I think ill pass.

I agree it should've ended at T2, but wtf can you do right

Valiant
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm really skeptical if this movie will be good, due to McG being the director and diluting this franchise to PG-13

That shit pisses me off.. PG-13 is better now then what it used to be.. But the violence is still cut back a lot as with the blood..

Make more movies R rated..

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2008, 04:32 PM

I think ill pass.

It has robots and violence.

I'm there.

That said I haven't watched the trailer yet. Downloading in 1080p now!

Subterranean Alien
07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
TV Series based on a movie ... no thanks. Almost as bad as a movie based on a series. Or maybe worse. I can't decide.

jidar
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
What? Christian Bale in a terminator movie? No way it could be bad.

Count Alex's Wins
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah that was definitely a cocktease of a trailer.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
TV Series based on a movie ... no thanks. Almost as bad as a movie based on a series. Or maybe worse. I can't decide.

The tv show isn't that bad, i doubt they two will collide

Bowser
07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
What? Christian Bale in a terminator movie? No way it could be bad.

This is why I'll see it.

chiefs1111
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
In the end i will probably go see it but it just wont be the same without Arnold....

Stryker
07-16-2008, 06:18 PM
That shit pisses me off.. PG-13 is better now then what it used to be.. But the violence is still cut back a lot as with the blood..

That is so they can come out with the UNRATED versions on DVD - Hell look at Die Hard 4! :D

irishjayhawk
07-16-2008, 06:24 PM
What a lame teaser.

Tribal Warfare
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM
That is so they can come out with the UNRATED versions on DVD - Hell look at Die Hard 4! :D

Which sucked not as much as "Die Harder", but had a very stale storyline with the PG-13 rating.

CoMoChief
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
This doesn't look good at all

But at least it's better than the 3rd one, my god.

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
From ComicCon, apparently the footage they showed there was incredibile. And I'm beginning to jump on the bandwagon after learning a couple things:

First, he isn't under any pressure to deliver a PG-13 movie. So, let's hope it's R.
Second, he's taking visual cues from Children of Men! Hell yeah!
Third, everyone on the production seems to think McG isn't using the same formula that has made his past movies mediocre. Instead, he's taking it to a new level.

Sounds awesome and expect a trailer on Quantum of Solace.

Deberg_1990
07-26-2008, 10:36 PM
From ComicCon, apparently the footage they showed there was incredibile. And I'm beginning to jump on the bandwagon after learning a couple things:

First, he isn't under any pressure to deliver a PG-13 movie. So, let's hope it's R.
Second, he's taking visual cues from Children of Men! Hell yeah!
Third, everyone on the production seems to think McG isn't using the same formula that has made his past movies mediocre. Instead, he's taking it to a new level.

Sounds awesome and expect a trailer on Quantum of Solace.

At least McG dumped the visual tricks for his last movie " We are Marshall" But the results were still mediocre.

I have zero faith this guy can deliver a quality product.

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 10:40 PM
At least McG dumped the visual tricks for his last movie " We are Marshall" But the results were still mediocre.

I have zero faith this guy can deliver a quality product.

I do too. But I'm hoping that the current buzz is correct: he's going about this one differently.

I'd much rather have a director who makes a good movie after making crap than one who is a top tier director who makes a pile of crap. At least then if the movie is crap, you can go, well he still makes the same quality films.

cardken
07-27-2008, 07:47 AM

Understand the goal of studios. They are'nt interested in making good adult themed films, only interested in getting you in the theatres with your kids and sell them Happy Meals and Action figures. Sad but true folks. The new RoboCop will guarenteed be PG 13. Too much youth marketability.Sad because the first 2 in the franchise were balls out violent, not by todays standards, but alot of buzz about it back in the day. Also a watered down franchise (RoboCop), by the third one could'nt tell in was of the same theme.:rolleyes:

irishjayhawk
07-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Understand the goal of studios. They are'nt interested in making good adult themed films, only interested in getting you in the theatres with your kids and sell them Happy Meals and Action figures. Sad but true folks. The new RoboCop will guarenteed be PG 13. Too much youth marketability.Sad because the first 2 in the franchise were balls out violent, not by todays standards, but alot of buzz about it back in the day. Also a watered down franchise (RoboCop), by the third one could'nt tell in was of the same theme.:rolleyes:

Actually, that's not quite true. They have pretty much stated that Robocop will retain its aura. And I really don't think Arronofsky can make a PG-13 movie. ;)

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Actually, that's not quite true. They have pretty much stated that Robocop will retain its aura. And I really don't think Arronofsky can make a PG-13 movie. ;)

Its still pretty much a 'Paycheck" job for Aronofsky. But we have seen where indie directors can elevate and transcend the genre. Heck, the original Robocop flick itself was a fine example of that. Its still a great flick.

irishjayhawk
07-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Its still pretty much a 'Paycheck" job for Aronofsky. But we have seen where indie directors can elevate and transcend the genre. Heck, the original Robocop flick itself was a fine example of that. Its still a great flick.

Well, Aronofsky was the first person Warners approached about Batman. His take was too dark for them.

Think about that. Too Dark. Then think Dark Knight.

shammus
07-27-2008, 12:26 PM
If my understanding of the chronology is correct, the new Terminator Salvation movie(s) won't really have too much to do with the TV show. The TV series is based on events that occur between t2 and t3. Salvation is going to be kicking off a new trilogy that occurs after t3 in the timeline and deals with John Connor leading the humans against the machines post-judgement day.

I've read on a couple websites that Arnold might be involved with the film but in a small, cameo-esque role. Anyone else have any other information on his level of involvement with the film?

R&GHomer
07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I'll go see it. Christian Bale as John Conner is actually a pretty good casting. Who knows? I really didn't like the last one all that much. "shrug" I'm thinking this is a wait to DVD movie for me. Hell, I haven't even seen Batman yet and I really want to see that one IMAX.

Tuckdaddy
07-27-2008, 03:19 PM
are fugging crazy. That movie will kick ass! What Terminator movie sucked? It's a cool story line with good special effects. No way this movie sucks.

Tribal Warfare
07-27-2008, 04:56 PM
are fugging crazy. That movie will kick ass! What Terminator movie sucked? It's a cool story line with good special effects. No way this movie sucks.

No Arnold or James Cameron, I'll reiterate I'm skeptical if this will be a good movie

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll go see it. Christian Bale as John Conner is actually a pretty good casting.

What is he now, the 4th or 5th guy who has played Conner?

Huffman83
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
To me it looks like it will be a Road Warrior type movie w/ terminators.

Could be worse....I don't know how...but yeah!