PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Couple of Chiefs notes

Count Zarth
07-16-2008, 03:58 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/769788.html

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top">With the jet set to take off from KCI airport for River Falls next week, the Kansas City Chiefs were busy Tuesday signing a pair of their 2008 NFL draft picks.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
Sixth-round wide receiver Kevin Robinson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3724380) from Utah State and seventh-round defensive end Brian Johnston (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3557491) from Gardner-Webb both signed three-year deals.

Johnston was a standout during Kansas City's OTA and mini-camp sessions in May and June. At times he worked with the first-team defense. His presence has allowed the Chiefs to flirt with the possibility of moving defensive end Alfonso Boone (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698847) back inside to defensive tackle.

The plan this year was to use Boone exclusively at left defensive end with the departure of Jared Allen (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3716719) via a trade to the Minnesota Vikings in April. But with the emergence of Johnston and second-year pass rusher Turk McBride (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698864), the Chiefs now have new options along the defensive line.

Robinson and veteran B.J. Sams are battling for the return man job, and the rookie might have the overall advantage. Unlike Sams, the Robinson product is a capable wide receiver. He was the entire offense at Utah State a year ago, leading the team in receiving and return yards.

The Chiefs still have yet to sign any of their top five draft picks. However, per our source there appears to be a good chance they will all be under contract before training camp.

Other Chiefs Notes:

QB Daunte Culpepper - There is absolutely no truth to the report from ESPN Radio that the Chiefs had a personal tryout with the former Oakland Raiders quarterback. Per our source, there were no Chiefs officials at Arrowhead Stadium over the weekend when this reported work out took place.

QB Brett Favre (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=2983450) - There has been speculation from some NFL circles that the Chiefs might be a good destination for the disgruntled quarterback. In fact, one of the Packers broadcasters believes that Kansas City would be a perfect fit for the Green Bay legend. Though it’s far-fetched to assume the Chiefs would take a serious look at Favre, they’ll certainly discuss it later this week when the front office and coaching staff returns from vacations.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <script> var premiumFlag = 0; </script> <!--end STORY DISPLAY--> <script> var premiumFlag = 0;*</script>

Ari Chi3fs
07-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Though it’s far-fetched to assume the Chiefs would take a serious look at Favre, they’ll certainly discuss it later this week when the front office and coaching staff returns from vacations.

Hahaha ha... I was joking about Carl being on vacation... HOW THE **** are they going to sign their players while they are on ****ing vacation. Man, I hate Carl.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
They are always on vacay, sign our damn players dipshits

Mecca
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
It's still not as funny as when they were on vacation at the start of free agency.

Bowser
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
That's what we need - trade for Favre and let Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers hold out. Jesus, why do I root for this team?

Skip Towne
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
That Carl is a gem.

Count Zarth
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4218/chickenkcso6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bowser
That's what we need - trade for Favre and let Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers hold out. Jesus, why do I root for this team?

And I know Favre isn't coming here and our draft picks will likely be on time. I'm just tired of this team not winning anything beyond the regular season, and I'm ready for Carl to call it a career here. Carry on.

Micjones
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Great bunch of guys that front office.
Vacationing a week before training camp opens?
Brilliant!

BigRock
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
QB Daunte Culpepper - There is absolutely no truth to the report from ESPN Radio that the Chiefs had a personal tryout with the former Oakland Raiders quarterback.

There's also no truth to the report that ESPN Radio ever made that claim.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
There's also no truth to the report that ESPN Radio ever made that claim.
but nick heard it in his dreams

Subterranean Alien
07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Favre would wreck the entire youth movement philosophy. But he'd put a few more asses in the seats. Carl must be thinking about that.

RustShack
07-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Favre would wreck the entire youth movement philosophy. But he'd put a few more asses in the seats. Carl must be thinking about that.

I really don't think it would ruin the youth movment. You still need veteran leaders when you are redoing your team. Let them grow around Favre then when its time let the new young QB step into a steady lineup that has experiece. It would be much easyer on the young QB that way. Again not saying I WANT Favre, I personlly like Croyle, I just don't think its that terrible of a idea.

Deberg_1990
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
It's still not as funny as when they were on vacation at the start of free agency.

With all Carl's Super Bowl rings, i think hes entitled to a vacation. ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
HOW THE **** are they going to sign their players while they are on ****ing vacation. Man, I hate Carl.

Carl's essentially been on vacation for the last 15 years.

Bowser
07-16-2008, 04:54 PM
With all Carl Super Bowl rings, i think hes entitled to a vacation. ROFL

You ever seen that USFL championship ring? It's HUUUUUGE!

Deberg_1990
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
You ever seen that USFL championship ring? It's HUUUUUGE!

hahah..

This once again shows Carls arrogance. He does act as if he has multiple SB rings.

tmax63
07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
There probably isn't a good time to take a vacation for the front office/staff but now's better than a week before the draft or screwing around during ota's.

Hydrae
07-16-2008, 06:28 PM
But with the emergence of Johnston and second-year pass rusher Turk McBride, the Chiefs now have new options along the defensive line.

Emergence of Turk? I think this is the first time I have seen his name in print this off season.

CoMoChief
07-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I think its hard to Completely rebuild. The young guys would absolutely play their asses off for Favre and they would only get better because of him.

Having that said Croyle sitting on the bench for another season would set the time table back another season because he's not gonna get any good sitting on the bench holding a clipboard.

But let Favre come in and have the young guys establish themselves around him while they get better, then next season when they are good and Favre is gone, the talent will already be around Croyle. I just think it would be harder for both a young inexperienced Croyle and offense to get better while they are all struggling together. Rebuilding piece by piece isn't too bad an idea.

I see where some people are coming from......but Im still against it.

dorseybowe
07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Who is the source?

kstater
07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Who is the source?

Mr. Pullit Fromass.

Skip Towne
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Mr. Pullit Fromass.

Is that Nick's pen name?

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 08:33 PM
I really don't think it would ruin the youth movment. You still need veteran leaders when you are redoing your team. Let them grow around Favre then when its time let the new young QB step into a steady lineup that has experiece. It would be much easyer on the young QB that way. Again not saying I WANT Favre, I personlly like Croyle, I just don't think its that terrible of a idea.

The QB has already been on the bench for two years. We have to see what Brodie can do NOW. If he bombs, then we worry about rookie QBs, and attention whore vets.

beach tribe
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
If everyone is not in camp, and these ****ers have been on vacation:mad:

little jacob
07-16-2008, 08:39 PM
what is this about McBride, has he done something well in the offseason?

who is going to play tackle alongside dorsey if boone still has to play end?

Marcellus
07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I could be wong but I am guessing this is the time most teams front office and coaches take time off considering they will be working non stop the next 5 or 6 months.

Count Zarth
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
who is going to play tackle alongside dorsey if boone still has to play end?

Tank Tyler, Ron Edwards...take yo pick.

StcChief
07-16-2008, 09:19 PM
If everyone is not in camp, and these ****ers have been on vacation:mad:OTA Carl doesn't need to be there. but the whole MONTH OF JUNE...... let's of time to get a 2 week RR in.

splatbass
07-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I could be wong but I am guessing this is the time most teams front office and coaches take time off considering they will be working non stop the next 5 or 6 months.

That is true. I read somewhere that the Packers coach and GM were on vacation at the time Farve announced he wanted to come back. That is why we didn't hear a response from them for a week. It is pretty common for most teams.

Some people are going to get bent out of shape no matter what CP does. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BigRedChief
07-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Though it’s far-fetched to assume the Chiefs would take a serious look at Favre, they’ll certainly discuss it later this week when the front office and coaching staff returns from vacations.

Hahaha ha... I was joking about Carl being on vacation... HOW THE **** are they going to sign their players while they are on ****ing vacation. Man, I hate Carl.
I think my King Carl bashing street cred is as high as anyone elses on here. But I don't think King Carl being on vacation is that unusal in the NFL. I'm pretty sure all GM's and coaches are out of town on vacation this time of the year.

I saw a piece on ESPN that was about changing the NFL schedule. Going to 17 games, moving the OTA's closer to training camp. The gist of why OTA's haven't been moved is because its the only time all year that the GM's and coaches take a vacation for longer than a couple of days.

Warrior5
07-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Mr. Pullit Fromass.

ROFLROFLROFL

ct
07-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Relax boys and girls, this team ain't doing anything this year anyway, if our top 5 picks hold out and miss a week or two of TC, it won't make a bit of difference.

Redrum_69
07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Sign Favre

Trade Croyle

Keep Huard

Trade Printers

and Draft high next year

SNR
07-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Sign Favre

Trade Croyle

Keep Huard

Trade Printers

and Draft high next yearTyler Thigpen FTW?

Phobia
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I wish the retards from Warpaint would just stop talking about Favre altogether. OTOH, there is very little in the way of online comedy that can compare.

"The Chiefs most definitely won't sign Favre but they'll probably talk about it next week. And if you read my column from yesterday I was really really excited about Favre coming to the Chiefs."