PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports How's your summer softball league doing?

Dunit35
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
We sucked, went 4-6 in the regular season. We started single elimination tourny tonight and run ruled our first team 22-10. We split the season series with them.

So, how's your team or teams doing?

I know we got some players on here.

doomy3
07-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Right now we're 12-2 after splitting last night. All alone in first right now, up by a game in Men's D league with 10 teams.

dorseybowe
07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Defeated.

0-8

Phobia
07-16-2008, 10:03 PM
I guess we're somewhere around .500. It's kinda bad. One game we'll be crushing the ball and then the next a bunch of pop-corn. We have the best player I've ever played with at any level (and I've played with a former MLB player) and we just can't put it together for 2 games in a row.

I'm most disappointed in myself. I can be counted on to make at least one stupid error a night in the outfield and that's just pathetic. I don't ever want to get used to that. I have to drop some weight and get my eyes checked. I know I'm not THAT old yet.

Dunit35
07-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Right now we're 12-2 after splitting last night. All alone in first right now, up by a game in Men's D league with 10 teams.

Your team travel?

A buddy of mine is on two teams one in Pratt, KS and the other in Wichita, KS. His Wichita team won some big tournament and is playing in Vegas in October. His Pratt team lost tonight for the first time in four years.

He was an all-state baseball player in high school...he's pretty good.

Dunit35
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
I guess we're somewhere around .500. It's kinda bad. One game we'll be crushing the ball and then the next a bunch of pop-corn. We have the best player I've ever played with at any level (and I've played with a former MLB player) and we just can't put it together for 2 games in a row.

I'm most disappointed in myself. I can be counted on to make at least one stupid error a night in the outfield and that's just pathetic. I don't ever want to get used to that. I have to drop some weight and get my eyes checked. I know I'm not THAT old yet.

I hear you. Our team has been having the same problem. We started out 1-5, so I guess we are getting better.

doomy3
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Your team travel?

A buddy of mine is on two teams one in Pratt, KS and the other in Wichita, KS. His Wichita team won some big tournament and is playing in Vegas in October. His Pratt team lost tonight for the first time in four years.

Nah, we're all still pretty young, and have played together 5 years now. Took our lumps the first few years, but each year got a little better. We're all a team full of ex HS and College baseball and football players, so we used to just go out and think we could beat anyone because we were better athletes than them, but really softball isn't that athletic of a sport and I think we are finally learning how to play the game.

We still have some holes though, so I don't travel with that team, but there are a couple others I travel with from time to time. Going to play in New York in September I think.

Dunit35
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Nah, we're all still pretty young, and have played together 5 years now. Took our lumps the first few years, but each year got a little better. We're all a team full of ex HS and College baseball and football players, so we used to just go out and think we could beat anyone because we were better athletes than them, but really softball isn't that athletic of a sport and I think we are finally learning how to play the game.

We still have some holes though, so I don't travel with that team, but there are a couple others I travel with from time to time. Going to play in New York in September I think.

Our league has a team like yours. They tear it up everywhere. Most of them travel together also.

I'm horrible at hitting, don't have a good swing. I get on probably 3/4 times a game though mainly because of my speed.

Extra Point
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Our team isn't doing well. We got the big head from winning the Monday spring league at Longview, but we're getting hammered. The C's, D's and E's are bunched up, and our asses are getting busted.

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Our fall kickball league starts in 4 weeks.

cookster50
07-17-2008, 07:30 AM
4-3, church league

Reerun_KC
07-17-2008, 07:51 AM
9-7

Carl is so proud.. We are selling out every game!

RockChalk
07-17-2008, 08:14 AM

the funny thing about this is that most guys who were really good at baseball seem to suck or just be plain average in softball. i've played on a lot of different softball teams the past 6 years and met a lot of guys who like to talk themselves up about how good they were in baeball in high school, then go out and pop out 4 times and make 3 or 4 errors in softball.

totally different sport really

to answer your question, my Tuesday team went 10-4 and took 2nd place. my friday team has played two sessions...8-2 in the spring, 5-5 in the summer #1 that just ended.

i play in Lawrence, but have been looking to get on a KC team again. the tourney team I played with on weekends quit playing this year.

jidar
07-17-2008, 08:30 AM
My hop scotch team is tearin shit up.

Dartgod
07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Heh. Softball guy.

thurman merman
07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
my team just won our league championship last night. we finished the season 12-2. we were losing 9-5 in the bottom of the last inning and had a 5-run rally to win 10-9.