QuikSsurfer
07-17-2008, 07:54 AM
At the Beaumont Club on 9/27 with Between the Buried and Me

Demonpenz
07-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Sweet keyboards

chasedude
07-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Never heard of them, what kind of music do they play?

Demonpenz
07-17-2008, 08:50 AM
bodom is metal. Extreme metal. They make a sound of a thousand guitars playing metal. Then their keyboards somehow make it more metal compounded by the fact that their vocals are brutal grab your nuts style. Make it the most metal sounding metal music you could ever metal imagine

metal

chasedude
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Sweet, I love metal. I wonder why I've never came across them before. Lately I've been into Meshuggah. Their Guitar timing is amazing!

QuikSsurfer
07-17-2008, 08:59 AM
bodom is metal. Extreme metal. They make a sound of a thousand guitars playing metal. Then their keyboards somehow make it more metal compounded by the fact that their vocals are brutal grab your nuts style. Make it the most metal sounding metal music you could ever metal imagine

metal

Very nice.

Swanman
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
I saw Bodom for the first time on Gigantour this year and they really impressed me. Great guitar and vocal work. In Flames was also on the bill and they ruled as well. Then Megadeth closed it out with a setlist that gave me a chubby (about half of Rust In Peace - Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Take No Prisoners, Tornado of Souls)

Reaper16
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Then Megadeth closed it out with a setlist that gave me a chubby (about half of Rust In Peace - Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Take No Prisoners, Tornado of Souls)
/drool

Reaper16
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I adore Children of Bodom... well, their first 4 albums, anyway. The most recent two have been soul-crushingly disappointing in their mainstreaminess.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Sweet, I love metal. I wonder why I've never came across them before. Lately I've been into Meshuggah. Their Guitar timing is amazing!

Meshuggah are gods of mathmetal. NO ONE comes close tho their syncopation.

obZen is unreal. It's on par with Chaosphere IMO.

The most impressive aspect of Meshuggah = their drummer. He plays multiple time signatures at once (e.g. 4/4 with left hand, 15/16th with right, 7/8 with feet; combine in sequences and stanzas to equate to 8/8 timing - thus the term "mathmetal")

ChiefFripp
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM

The most impressive aspect of Meshuggah = their drummer. He plays multiple time signatures at once (e.g. 4/4 with left hand, 15/16th with right, 7/8 with feet; combine in sequences and stanzas to equate to 8/8 timing - thus the term "mathmetal")

Plus he has cowbell!

chiefs1111
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Reaper16;4852219]I adore Children of Bodom... well, their first 4 albums, anyway. The most recent two have been soul-crushingly disappointing in their mainstreaminess.[/QUO

Yeah,Are you Dead Yet? and Blood Drunk have been pretty disappointing,Follow The Reaper is my fav by them.

Third Eye
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Damnit. Now I'm going to have to put in Nothing.

Edit: I personally think Danny Carey's polyrhythmic ability is better than Haake's, but he is definitely up there.

QuikSsurfer
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Damnit. Now I'm going to have to put in Nothing.

Edit: I personally think Danny Carey's polyrhythmic ability is better than Haake's, but he is definitely up there.

I don't think anyone will argue that.

Nightwish
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Although CoB is huge in Europe, especially their native Finland, they have really only begun to catch on in America. They're part of that New Wave of Finnish Heavy Metal (NWOFHM) that includes bands like Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Finntrol, Stratovarius, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, H.I.M., The Rasmus, Sinergy, 69 Eyes, Amorphis, Sentenced, and others that American audiences have really started warming up to in the last few years (though it's a bit of a stretch to call H.I.M. or The Rasmus "metal," for some reason they still get lumped into that NWOFHM label, since they are Finnish).

chiefs1111
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Although CoB is huge in Europe, especially their native Finland, they have really only begun to catch on in America. They're part of that New Wave of Finnish Heavy Metal (NWOFHM) that includes bands like Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Finntrol, Stratovarius, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, H.I.M., The Rasmus, Sinergy, 69 Eyes, Amorphis, Sentenced, and others that American audiences have really started warming up to in the last few years (though it's a bit of a stretch to call H.I.M. or The Rasmus "metal," for some reason they still get lumped into that NWOFHM label, since they are Finnish).

It's funny how you bring up stratovarius since they aren't together anymore, well at least tolkki isn't there anymore. I heard however the rest of the band is going to do an album together,though they may not keep the name. Also i love Amorphis....

Nightwish
07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
It's funny how you bring up stratovarius since they aren't together anymore, well at least tolkki isn't there anymore. I heard however the rest of the band is going to do an album together,though they may not keep the name. Also i love Amorphis....
Yeah, I had heard that about Stratovarius. At this point, I'm not putting too much stock in it, because both Timo's have a habit of coming and going. Back when Kotipelo was on hiatus, and they were working with Katt (who never recorded with them, as far as I know, though I would have loved to hear what they sounded like with her on vocals), Tolkki kind of took his own hiatus to battle his alcoholism, and the band almost dissolved then. We'll just have to wait and see if he stays gone this time.

chiefs1111
07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I had heard that about Stratovarius. At this point, I'm not putting too much stock in it, because both Timo's have a habit of coming and going. Back when Kotipelo was on hiatus, and they were working with Katt (who never recorded with them, as far as I know, though I would have loved to hear what they sounded like with her on vocals), Tolkki kind of took his own hiatus to battle his alcoholism, and the band almost dissolved then. We'll just have to wait and see if he stays gone this time.

Very true,he seems to be in his own soap opera for the last few years

QuikSsurfer
08-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Just saw that my favorite band will be opening for CoB --- Between the Buried and Me

This is huge.

Mecca
08-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Some dude once told me I look like a member of this band.

QuikSsurfer
09-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Bump

Don't forget about this show...

Children of Bodom
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OarOk9DQpyk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OarOk9DQpyk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Between the Buried and Me: Selkies --- if you don't listen to anything, listen to the great solo from 4:45 all the way to the end. mad sweeps
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19UZd_DKs2Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19UZd_DKs2Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Paul playing the solo here:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/__5FTokSYkg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/__5FTokSYkg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Braincase
09-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Tempting... but I'm going to Buckethead eariler in the week, so I don't think two in the same would be wise from a marital perspective.