PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Wii Virtual Console Games

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
What games do you have for your Wii?

I own Super Mario 3 and River City Ransom for NES.

I am going to purchase Phantasy Star 2 and 3 also and Zelda a link to the past, probably one of my favorite all time genesis games/rpg games. Gotta love it....reminds me of my childhood when my cousin and i played those games religiously!

I hope they bring back Final Fantasy 2 and 3 for SNES soon too!

Anyway list on or what games are you going to get....you have to get a classic controller to play!

DeezNutz
07-17-2008, 11:48 AM
VC:

Castlevania
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Super Metroid
WaveRace 64
Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage 2
Super Street Fighter 2
Kirby's Adventure

I often find myself playing these games more than the actual Wii titles, in fact.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Most of the Wii titles suck arse so it's not a surprise the VCs get more play.

DeezNutz
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Most of the Wii titles suck arse so it's not a surprise the VCs get more play.

I don't know...I'm not a hardcore gamer, don't know if this changes anything, but I think there are several very solid titles. Mario Galaxy, Metroid, and Super Smash Bros. are pretty cool games. Also, I enjoy Wii Sports and Wii Fit, though they're not traditional games in many respects.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't know...I'm not a hardcore gamer, don't know if this changes anything, but I think there are several very solid titles. Mario Galaxy, Metroid, and Super Smash Bros. are pretty cool games. Also, I enjoy Wii Sports and Wii Fit, though they're not traditional games in many respects.

Heh, you named pretty much all of the good titles for the Wii. Only one you left out = MarioCart.

Wii suffers from junkware syndrome... most of the games for it are total shite.

My fav = Wii sports :D

Deberg_1990
07-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Agreed. Wii is not meant for the hardcore gamer. Its meant for the family/casual/party game crowd.

Granted, they have some solid titles, but they could use some improvement.

Ive been playing Lego Indy Jones and Pro Evolution Soccer alot.

DeezNutz
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Agreed. Wii is not meant for the hardcore gamer. Its meant for the family/casual/party game crowd.

Granted, they have some solid titles, but they could use some improvement.

Ive been playing Lego Indy Jones and Pro Evolution Soccer alot.

I've heard that Pro Evolution Soccer is a cool title. Probably need to get that.

DeezNutz
07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Wii suffers from junkware syndrome... most of the games for it are total shite.

True. The controls encourage gimmicky bullshit.

Saulbadguy
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Toejam & Earl.

TrickyNicky
07-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Metroid. I got it because I never played it on the SNES.

I'm still waiting on Earthbound and Super Mario RPG.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I think that's the best part of the wii is the virtual console stuff and game cube...

I got the system for my gf cause she loved the Wii Sports...so its hers and she plays it alot.

We do have Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. (bundled), and Wii Sports.

I want to get Wii Fit but can't find it anywhere.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Super Metroid. I got it because I never played it on the SNES.

I'm still waiting on Earthbound and Super Mario RPG.

Loved Mario RPG

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I want to get Wii Fit but can't find it anywhere.

No kidding. Wii Fit and Wii Super Mario Cart are impossible to find.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 03:39 PM
No kidding. Wii Fit and Wii Super Mario Cart are impossible to find.

Yeah, can't find either online at all, atleast at retail cost....and no stores in a 100 mile radius have either.

I was extremely lucky that a walmart about 45 min away had Mario Kart Wii and i got one for my gf, they said it was the last one and they had no idea when they'd get more...

I took a chance calling around and they couldnt hold it to drive that far, it was a birthday gift for the gf.

I just don't get why there are no games at all

Saulbadguy
07-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I got both at launch.

I'm guessing if they just released Mario Kart without the stupid wheel accessory they'd be able to keep up with demand.

Sure-Oz
07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
My updated Wii VC games...

Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Zelda-A link to the past
Phantasy Star 2
Phantasy Star 3
River City Ransom
Contra: The Alien Wars

Guru
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
How many of the VC games are actually worth the price? Most bang for the buck.

Sure-Oz
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
How many of the VC games are actually worth the price? Most bang for the buck.

Probably the RPG games, such as Phantasy Star 2 and 3 (2 more so) probably offer 40+ hrs of game play. Legend of Zelda, Zelda SNES version as well. Mario World for SNES, River City Ransom was probably one of the best NES games ever imo. NES games are really cheap at $5 a pop and the SNES are like $8.

wii.ign.com has reviews of VC games there as well to give you a better idea. Im pretty picky on what im spending on.

I'd say check out the reviews based on ratings to give you a good clear idea. Esp if you've never played the games before. They will be coming out with a brand new mega man game as well soon for that as well and the originals are supposed to come out. I usually pick the games i loved as a kid...

I was stoked to see the phantasy star series on there.

Guru
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Probably the RPG games, such as Phantasy Star 2 and 3 (2 more so) probably offer 40+ hrs of game play. Legend of Zelda, Zelda SNES version as well. Mario World for SNES, River City Ransom was probably one of the best NES games ever imo. NES games are really cheap at $5 a pop and the SNES are like $8.

wii.ign.com has reviews of VC games there as well to give you a better idea. Im pretty picky on what im spending on.

I'd say check out the reviews based on ratings to give you a good clear idea. Esp if you've never played the games before. They will be coming out with a brand new mega man game as well soon for that as well and the originals are supposed to come out. I usually pick the games i loved as a kid...

I was stoked to see the phantasy star series on there.

I take it it is like the 360 in that you can delete something and redownload it free of charge after your initial payment? Considering the small storage on the Wii.

Sure-Oz
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I take it it is like the 360 in that you can delete something and redownload it free of charge after your initial payment? Considering the small storage on the Wii.
Yes you can, because the system knows you already have purchased it...

Sure-Oz
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.vc-reviews.com/

Great site regarding VC on the Wii, has news updates on latest releases as well as reviews with videos of each game. So if you are unsure about dl'ng certain games this site is a MUST, watching the vids and reading the reviews (with up to 5 star ratings) is helpful.

Redrum_69
08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
why play the virtual console

when you could own the actual system and game....

i have alot of games and alot of consoles to sell