PDA

View Full Version : KU Kansas football schedule upgraded

Lzen
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Not really much of an article. I just thought it might spark a good debate. Like predictions.

By Dugan Arnett (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/) (Contact (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/contact/))
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008
If there was a black mark on the Kansas University football team’s stunning 12-1, Orange Bowl-champion 2007 season, it was the incessant question surrounding the team’s strength of schedule.
Or, more precisely, its lack of it.
Despite leading his team to its best season in modern history (and picking up nearly every coach of the year award along the way), Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino was forced to defend against rumblings that Kansas lacked victories against quality opponents —rumblings that, from an objective standpoint, weren’t altogether unreasonable.
In eight conference contests last fall, only once did the Jayhawks find themselves lined up against a team that finished the season in the Top 25 — and that game ended in a 36-28 loss to rival Missouri.
That won’t be the case this year.
In a scheduling break a season ago, Kansas managed to avoid the top three teams in the Big 12 South — Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech — and as a result will match up against all three this year. In addition, the Jayhawks will take on conference wildcards Colorado (at home) and Nebraska (on the road), with the annual Border Showdown against preseason Big 12 North favorite Missouri slated for the final week of the regular season.
“On paper, it definitely appears (tougher),” said Jon Kirby, a recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. “Especially with the Big 12 media rankings that just came out, as well as some of the preseason polls.”
According to preseason consensus rankings compiled by the Journal-World, which took into account six preseason publications, the Jayhawks are set to face the No. 3 (Oklahoma), No. 6 (Missouri), No. 11 (Texas), No. 14 (Texas Tech) and No. 17 (South Florida) teams in the country.
And while preseason polls tend to be far from clairvoyant (Kansas was a fourth-and-20 from a Top 25 mention in most polls before last season), they can also provide an adequate measuring stick.
The bad news for Mangino, who signed a contract extension Tuesday that makes him the 13th-highest-paid coach nationally (third in the Big 12)? This year’s schedule is shaping up to be the Jayhawks’ toughest in at least the past five years.
The good news? Nobody should be questioning his team’s strength of schedule in ’08.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/jul/17/kansas_football_schedule_upgraded/?football

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I also found this comment from a user on that site. :)

What always bothers me about this kind of analysis is that there never seems to be any thought put into our improvement.
As if you can pick a team's season by just looking at the schedule. Are we any better? How do being better and having a 'tougher' schedule ballance out? None of these publications seems willing to look into that.
Judging us on our past is okay, I guess. But as someone pointed out...when was the last time we had this level of competence and depth at the QB position? Dosn't that tell you to throw what you 'know' about Kansas out the window?
This schedule nonsense should be called for what it is, a shortcut to thinking.

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
IMO, they'll be lucky to get to 8-4 this season. Should still be fun to watch, though.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 01:02 PM
They kicked VT in the balls :D

RCJGKU :KU:

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM

That was great and all, but the ACC is garbage.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I will predict 9 wins. That is assuming there are no major injuries. If Reesing goes down, all bets are off.

markk
in my opinion if Kansas has OU and UT on their schedule last year they end up with 3 losses going into postseason, and they lost a couple of players, so I expect about that this season.

Skip Towne

All we heard before the game was what a big underdog we were.

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 01:20 PM
All we heard before the game was what a big underdog we were.

Not from me.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Not from me.

No, you're right. I don't recall you saying that. But you have to admit that most were saying how VT was gonna kill us. ROFL

Skip Towne
07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Not from me.

It was Garcia Bronco mostly.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
in my opinion if Kansas has OU and UT on their schedule last year they end up with 3 losses going into postseason, and they lost a couple of players, so I expect about that this season.

That is fair. Still, I don't agree with that assessment. KU would have beaten UT last year, IMO.

kepp
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM

A 3 point win is kicking them in the balls?

Frazod
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
No, you're right. I don't recall you saying that. But you have to admit that most were saying how VT was gonna kill us. ROFL

You were just lucky to run into an even bigger fraud.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
A 3 point win is kicking them in the balls?

I do recall a fluke fumble when KU was about to score and then another time at the end where KU could have score but chose to kneel. If you actually watched the game you know that KU was in control throughout.

Lzen
07-17-2008, 01:31 PM
You were just lucky to run into an even bigger fraud.

ROFL 12 wins is impressive no matter who you are. But I won't argue this any more with you MU guys because I know it makes you feel better about yourselves to dis KU. I do, however, have one question for you. Since you are still hanging onto the thread that KU was a fraud, one must assume that you don't think they will win many this year. What is your prediction for KU this year? 4-8?

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Many were. As Skip noted, Garcia Bronco did a ton. I remember calling him absolutely nuts about his flawed opinion of VT and that they were BCS Championship Game worthy.

Frazod
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
ROFL 12 wins is impressive no matter who you are. But I won't argue this any more with you MU guys because I know it makes you feel better about yourselves to dis KU. I do, however, have one question for you. Since you are still hanging onto the thread that KU was a fraud, one must assume that you don't think they will win many this year. What is your prediction for KU this year? 4-8?

Probably 8-4, which is what you'd have been last year if you'd played Missouri's schedule.

markk
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM

9-3 or 8-4

Pablo
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
That was great and all, but the SEC is garbage.My God. How dare you speak out against your beloved conference like that.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Anyone think Reesing will get a Heisman chance before his years are done?

Old Dog
07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Since Mizzou doesn't play a non-conference road game (Illinois is a neutral site, but Missouri will be the home team this year) and they play neither Oklahoma or Texas Tech (the two highest rated teams in the South) anything they do short of an undefeated season shall be claimed a product of their schedule.....is this correct, or does that only go for KU last year?

edit: I'm a KSU fan and know we'll finish 7th in the BigXII North. I just wanted to clarify how the schedule thing works.

Pablo
07-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Since Mizzou doesn't play a non-conference road game (Illinois is a neutral site, but Missouri will be the home team this year) and they play neither Oklahoma or Texas Tech (the two highest rated teams in the South) anything they do short of an undefeated season shall be claimed a product of their schedule.....is this correct, or does that only go for KU last year?No, they're definitely phonies this year.

If they had done something big last year, it would have been amazing. But this entire season will just be a product of their easy schedule.

Old Dog
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank You for clearing that up for me beforehand Gonzo.

markk
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
No, they're definitely phonies this year.

If they had done something big last year, it would have been amazing. But this entire season will just be a product of their easy schedule.

it's not your fault if the conference schedule works out to be easy that year. eventually, you will get a big game and you can just win that to prove you are for real, like last year in Kansas City.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
9-3 or 8-4

I'll take it :)

Valiant
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Since Mizzou doesn't play a non-conference road game (Illinois is a neutral site, but Missouri will be the home team this year) and they play neither Oklahoma or Texas Tech (the two highest rated teams in the South) anything they do short of an undefeated season shall be claimed a product of their schedule.....is this correct, or does that only go for KU last year?

edit: I'm a KSU fan and know we'll finish 7th in the BigXII North. I just wanted to clarify how the schedule thing works.

Not really a Mu fan either but. But MU did prove last year outside of OU that they are legit..

KU now has to string this year together with last years to prove it was not a scheduling fluke..

8-9 wins for KU imo if everything happens perfectly for them(ie no injuries)..

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Sounds fair. I doubt many of their fans will have the balls to hold their own team to the same standards they apply to others.

Pablo
07-17-2008, 02:54 PM
it's not your fault if the conference schedule works out to be easy that year.Tell that to every MU poster all season long last year.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Tell that to every MU poster all season long last year.

Im an MU fan and KU had a great season, 12 wins etc....they were tough when we played. I really hated them getting a BCS bowl, if anything spouted it was just out of anger....we should've done the job and beat OU once and it wouldn't have mattered.

markk
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Tell that to every MU poster all season long last year.

well they lost to the first good team they played. you cant say much about that.

Frazod
07-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Unless St. Louis suddenly became Columbia, Missouri playing in St. Louis is a road game, just like Kansas playing at Arrowhead last year was a road game. Just like Missouri playing in Arrowhead against Kansas this year will be a road game. Just because it's referred to on the schedule as a home game doesn't change the fact that it's a different stadium in another location packed with enemy fans. I can assure you that neither team enjoyed any sort of homefield advantage in Arrowhead last November 24.

And Missouri will still play Texas (or did you forget about them?). We never get a season when we get to duck both Oklahoma and Texas. That happens to Kansas two out of every three years.

And don't worry, in all likelihood we'll end up playing Oklahoma. Assuming they win the South.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I really want to play oklahoma after last year

Frazod
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I really want to play oklahoma after last year

Me too.

Not chuckle at our "luck" because we didn't have to. :whackit:

Sure-Oz
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Me too.

Not chuckle at our "luck" because we didn't have to. :whackit:

I really think that is a big way to earn it, yeah i wont cry if we dont etc...but you know the players want to play them again

Old Dog
07-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Good point Frazod.

While Kansas plays all three of the big boys in the South this year (Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Texas) this year and Missouri never has to play all three of them in the same season.

HC_Chief
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Bagging on KU for not playing OU, UT, and TT last season is R E T A R D E D. Big XII teams do NOT set their conference schedule.

markk
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Good point Frazod.

While Kansas plays all three of the big boys in the South this year (Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Texas) this year and Missouri never has to play all three of them in the same season.

since when is texas tech a football powerhouse?

didn't they have 5 losses last year?

kepp
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
since when is texas tech a football powerhouse?

didn't they have 5 losses last year?

Yeah, they're the 'sexy' pick this year though.

CoMoChief
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Not really much of an article. I just thought it might spark a good debate. Like predictions.

By Dugan Arnett (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/) (Contact (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/contact/))
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008
If there was a black mark on the Kansas University football team’s stunning 12-1, Orange Bowl-champion 2007 season, it was the incessant question surrounding the team’s strength of schedule.
Or, more precisely, its lack of it.
Despite leading his team to its best season in modern history (and picking up nearly every coach of the year award along the way), Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino was forced to defend against rumblings that Kansas lacked victories against quality opponents —rumblings that, from an objective standpoint, weren’t altogether unreasonable.
In eight conference contests last fall, only once did the Jayhawks find themselves lined up against a team that finished the season in the Top 25 — and that game ended in a 36-28 loss to rival Missouri.
That won’t be the case this year.
In a scheduling break a season ago, Kansas managed to avoid the top three teams in the Big 12 South — Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech — and as a result will match up against all three this year. In addition, the Jayhawks will take on conference wildcards Colorado (at home) and Nebraska (on the road), with the annual Border Showdown against preseason Big 12 North favorite Missouri slated for the final week of the regular season.
“On paper, it definitely appears (tougher),” said Jon Kirby, a recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. “Especially with the Big 12 media rankings that just came out, as well as some of the preseason polls.”
According to preseason consensus rankings compiled by the Journal-World, which took into account six preseason publications, the Jayhawks are set to face the No. 3 (Oklahoma), No. 6 (Missouri), No. 11 (Texas), No. 14 (Texas Tech) and No. 17 (South Florida) teams in the country.
And while preseason polls tend to be far from clairvoyant (Kansas was a fourth-and-20 from a Top 25 mention in most polls before last season), they can also provide an adequate measuring stick.
The bad news for Mangino, who signed a contract extension Tuesday that makes him the 13th-highest-paid coach nationally (third in the Big 12)? This year’s schedule is shaping up to be the Jayhawks’ toughest in at least the past five years.
The good news? Nobody should be questioning his team’s strength of schedule in ’08.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/jul/17/kansas_football_schedule_upgraded/?football

This author is the biggest douchebag in all of the KC metro area.

I went to high school with this ****ing retard.

DT58HOF
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM

how soon we forget the thumpings Miami and Fla St. put on Fla over the years and when Vick was at Va Tech how much better they were than FLA at the time. Don't you think that the SEC might be a little over-rated?
Fla,LSU usually great with Tenn and Ga good once in awhile i will give you that, Bama,Vandy,ole Miss, Miss st., Kentucky and SC
so theres 3 teams good most years and 2 others sometimes

now to that ACC with a winning pct that is about the same as the sec mainly just because of Duke 1-11
Now back to Fla st and Miami two teams that dominated for so long they finished 7th and 8th in the ACC last year.

SEC has 11 teams with a combined 60 lossess
Acc has 12 throw out doormat Duke and make it even with 11 teams
and the losses comes to 58 all while the lil ACC was on a down year!!
just like in basketball the SEC is better than the ACC, lol seriously think before you speak, people will think you are like trapped in a cave during football and basketball season.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>SEC - East</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Georgia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=061)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>171</TD><TD>11-2</TD><TD>424</TD><TD>262</TD><TD>W7</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2633)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>243</TD><TD>246</TD><TD>10-4</TD><TD>455</TD><TD>382</TD><TD>W6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=057)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>305</TD><TD>224</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>552</TD><TD>331</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=096)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>276</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>475</TD><TD>385</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>South Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2579)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>227</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>282</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=238)</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>148</TD><TD>203</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>260</TD><TD>271</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>SEC - West</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>LSU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=099)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>12-2</TD><TD>541</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Auburn (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=002)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>156</TD><TD>138</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>315</TD><TD>220</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Arkansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=008)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>274</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>485</TD><TD>345</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Mississippi State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=344)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>157</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>301</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Alabama (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=333)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>212</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>352</TD><TD>286</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Mississippi (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=145)</TD><TD>0-8</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>252</TD><TD>3-9</TD><TD>241</TD><TD>342</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Atlantic Coast Conference - Atlantic</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Boston College (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>213</TD><TD>165</TD><TD>11-3</TD><TD>396</TD><TD>285</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=154)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>208</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>362</TD><TD>289</TD><TD>W3</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Clemson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=228)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>230</TD><TD>149</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>430</TD><TD>243</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=052)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>192</TD><TD>174</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>303</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=120)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>North Carolina State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=152)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>144</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>339</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Atlantic Coast Conference - Coastal</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Virginia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=259)</TD><TD>7-1</TD><TD>255</TD><TD>120</TD><TD>11-3</TD><TD>402</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=258)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>202</TD><TD>151</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>317</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=059)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>160</TD><TD>173</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>341</TD><TD>271</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>North Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=153)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>161</TD><TD>188</TD><TD>4-8</TD><TD>254</TD><TD>294</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2390)</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>146</TD><TD>232</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>247</TD><TD>312</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=150)</TD><TD>0-8</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>265</TD><TD>1-11</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>398</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
how soon we forget the thumpings Miami and Fla St. put on Fla over the years and when Vick was at Va Tech how much better they were than FLA at the time. Don't you think that the SEC might be a little over-rated?
Fla,LSU usually great with Tenn and Ga good once in awhile i will give you that, Bama,Vandy,ole Miss, Miss st., Kentucky and SC

now to that ACC with a winning pct that is about the same as the sec mainly just because of Duke 1-11
Now back to Fla st and Miami two teams that dominated for so long they finished 7th and 8th in the ACC last year.

just like in basketball the SEC is better than the ACC, lol seriously think before you speak, people will think you are like trapped in a cave during football and basketball season.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">SEC - East</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Georgia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=061)</td><td>6-2</td><td>228</td><td>171</td><td>11-2</td><td>424</td><td>262</td><td>W7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2633)</td><td>6-2</td><td>243</td><td>246</td><td>10-4</td><td>455</td><td>382</td><td>W6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=057)</td><td>5-3</td><td>305</td><td>224</td><td>9-4</td><td>552</td><td>331</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=096)</td><td>3-5</td><td>249</td><td>276</td><td>8-5</td><td>475</td><td>385</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">South Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2579)</td><td>3-5</td><td>205</td><td>227</td><td>6-6</td><td>313</td><td>282</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=238)</td><td>2-6</td><td>148</td><td>203</td><td>5-7</td><td>260</td><td>271</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">SEC - West</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">LSU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=099)</td><td>6-2</td><td>298</td><td>215</td><td>12-2</td><td>541</td><td>279</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Auburn (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=002)</td><td>5-3</td><td>156</td><td>138</td><td>9-4</td><td>315</td><td>220</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Arkansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=008)</td><td>4-4</td><td>274</td><td>249</td><td>8-5</td><td>485</td><td>345</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Mississippi State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=344)</td><td>4-4</td><td>157</td><td>215</td><td>8-5</td><td>279</td><td>301</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Alabama (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=333)</td><td>4-4</td><td>212</td><td>190</td><td>7-6</td><td>352</td><td>286</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Mississippi (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=145)</td><td>0-8</td><td>131</td><td>252</td><td>3-9</td><td>241</td><td>342</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Atlantic Coast Conference - Atlantic</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Boston College (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103)</td><td>6-2</td><td>213</td><td>165</td><td>11-3</td><td>396</td><td>285</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=154)</td><td>5-3</td><td>225</td><td>208</td><td>9-4</td><td>362</td><td>289</td><td>W3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Clemson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=228)</td><td>5-3</td><td>230</td><td>149</td><td>9-4</td><td>430</td><td>243</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=052)</td><td>4-4</td><td>192</td><td>174</td><td>7-6</td><td>303</td><td>298</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=120)</td><td>3-5</td><td>194</td><td>180</td><td>6-7</td><td>313</td><td>280</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">North Carolina State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=152)</td><td>3-5</td><td>144</td><td>248</td><td>5-7</td><td>249</td><td>339</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Atlantic Coast Conference - Coastal</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Virginia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=259)</td><td>7-1</td><td>255</td><td>120</td><td>11-3</td><td>402</td><td>225</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=258)</td><td>6-2</td><td>202</td><td>151</td><td>9-4</td><td>317</td><td>256</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=059)</td><td>4-4</td><td>160</td><td>173</td><td>7-6</td><td>341</td><td>271</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">North Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=153)</td><td>3-5</td><td>161</td><td>188</td><td>4-8</td><td>254</td><td>294</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2390)</td><td>2-6</td><td>146</td><td>232</td><td>5-7</td><td>247</td><td>312</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="center" valign="top"><td align="left">Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=150)</td><td>0-8</td><td>131</td><td>265</td><td>1-11</td><td>215</td><td>398</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>

Are you really this dense? You're comparing overall records of ACC teams vs overall records of SEC teams? That's ****ing retarded. The ACC sucks and their overall record may be higher because THEY PLAY EACH OTHER.

Even using your retarded argument, it's flawed. Sure if you throw out all of the statistics NOT in your favor (Duke) you can manipulate the numbers to be in your favor. Instead of removing teams to make your ridiculous assertion, if you count all of the teams in each conference USING YOUR NUMBERS the ACC had 69 losses and 12 teams which = 5.75 losses per team. The SEC had 58 losses and 11 teams = 5.27 losses per team. That's a stupid ass way to compare conferences and it still doesn't work out in your favor.

Now, if you actually can do math you'd realize the SEC has 12 teams and a total of 59 losses you dumbass retread. The ACC also has 12 teams with a total of 70 losses. Game over.

I don't give a shit what FSU or Miami USED to do. First of all, Miami hasn't been good since they joined the ACC. Secondly, FSU hasn't beaten Florida in 4 years.

Thirdly, if you want to compare the SEC vs the ACC look at these items:

In last year's inter-conference Bowl Games the SEC was 7-2 while the ACC was 2-6.

In the year before's Bowl games the ACC was 3-4 while the SEC was 6-3.

The SEC has won the last 2 National Championships and 4 out of the last 10. In that same time period the ACC has had 1 (two if you count Miami's in 2000 when they were part of the Big East).

At the end of 2008 the SEC had 5 teams in the top 25. The ACC had 3.

In the last 2 years the SEC is 4-0 in BCS games while the ACC is 0-2.

If you honestly believe the ACC is better than the SEC in college football than your and idiot.

Coach
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Smack/10-09-07_ku.jpg

duncan_idaho
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM

Second that. I was one of his editors at the j-school. Complete tool... and has way too high an opinion of himself/his writing skills (or lack thereof).

DJay23
07-18-2008, 08:21 AM

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>SEC - East</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Georgia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=061)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>171</TD><TD>11-2</TD><TD>424</TD><TD>262</TD><TD>W7</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2633)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>243</TD><TD>246</TD><TD>10-4</TD><TD>455</TD><TD>382</TD><TD>W6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=057)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>305</TD><TD>224</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>552</TD><TD>331</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=096)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>276</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>475</TD><TD>385</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>South Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2579)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>205</TD><TD>227</TD><TD>6-6</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>282</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=238)</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>148</TD><TD>203</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>260</TD><TD>271</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>SEC - West</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>LSU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=099)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>12-2</TD><TD>541</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Auburn (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=002)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>156</TD><TD>138</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>315</TD><TD>220</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Arkansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=008)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>274</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>485</TD><TD>345</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Mississippi State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=344)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>157</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>8-5</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>301</TD><TD>W2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Alabama (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=333)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>212</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>352</TD><TD>286</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Mississippi (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=145)</TD><TD>0-8</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>252</TD><TD>3-9</TD><TD>241</TD><TD>342</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Atlantic Coast Conference - Atlantic</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Boston College (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>213</TD><TD>165</TD><TD>11-3</TD><TD>396</TD><TD>285</TD><TD>W1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=154)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>208</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>362</TD><TD>289</TD><TD>W3</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Clemson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=228)</TD><TD>5-3</TD><TD>230</TD><TD>149</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>430</TD><TD>243</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=052)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>192</TD><TD>174</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>303</TD><TD>298</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=120)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>180</TD><TD>6-7</TD><TD>313</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>North Carolina State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=152)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>144</TD><TD>248</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>249</TD><TD>339</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle><TD align=left>Standings</TD><TD colSpan=3>Conference</TD><TD colSpan=4>Overall</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Atlantic Coast Conference - Coastal</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>PA</TD><TD>STRK</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Virginia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=259)</TD><TD>7-1</TD><TD>255</TD><TD>120</TD><TD>11-3</TD><TD>402</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>L1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=258)</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>202</TD><TD>151</TD><TD>9-4</TD><TD>317</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=059)</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>160</TD><TD>173</TD><TD>7-6</TD><TD>341</TD><TD>271</TD><TD>L2</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>North Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=153)</TD><TD>3-5</TD><TD>161</TD><TD>188</TD><TD>4-8</TD><TD>254</TD><TD>294</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2390)</TD><TD>2-6</TD><TD>146</TD><TD>232</TD><TD>5-7</TD><TD>247</TD><TD>312</TD><TD>-</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=left>Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=150)</TD><TD>0-8</TD><TD>131</TD><TD>265</TD><TD>1-11</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>398</TD><TD>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

While I would agree that the media goes a little overboard with some of the things they say about the SEC, they are the best college football conference top to bottom. I'm sorry, but the ACC doesn't even come close. At least not today. At least not in my mind.

Braincase
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM

He must be a Sasha Kaun fan.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2008, 08:32 AM

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="middle"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">SEC - East</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Georgia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=061)</td><td>6-2</td><td>228</td><td>171</td><td>11-2</td><td>424</td><td>262</td><td>W7</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2633)</td><td>6-2</td><td>243</td><td>246</td><td>10-4</td><td>455</td><td>382</td><td>W6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Florida (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=057)</td><td>5-3</td><td>305</td><td>224</td><td>9-4</td><td>552</td><td>331</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=096)</td><td>3-5</td><td>249</td><td>276</td><td>8-5</td><td>475</td><td>385</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">South Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2579)</td><td>3-5</td><td>205</td><td>227</td><td>6-6</td><td>313</td><td>282</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=238)</td><td>2-6</td><td>148</td><td>203</td><td>5-7</td><td>260</td><td>271</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="middle"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">SEC - West</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">LSU (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=099)</td><td>6-2</td><td>298</td><td>215</td><td>12-2</td><td>541</td><td>279</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Auburn (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=002)</td><td>5-3</td><td>156</td><td>138</td><td>9-4</td><td>315</td><td>220</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Arkansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=008)</td><td>4-4</td><td>274</td><td>249</td><td>8-5</td><td>485</td><td>345</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Mississippi State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=344)</td><td>4-4</td><td>157</td><td>215</td><td>8-5</td><td>279</td><td>301</td><td>W2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Alabama (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=333)</td><td>4-4</td><td>212</td><td>190</td><td>7-6</td><td>352</td><td>286</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Mississippi (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=145)</td><td>0-8</td><td>131</td><td>252</td><td>3-9</td><td>241</td><td>342</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="middle"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Atlantic Coast Conference - Atlantic</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Boston College (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103)</td><td>6-2</td><td>213</td><td>165</td><td>11-3</td><td>396</td><td>285</td><td>W1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=154)</td><td>5-3</td><td>225</td><td>208</td><td>9-4</td><td>362</td><td>289</td><td>W3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Clemson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=228)</td><td>5-3</td><td>230</td><td>149</td><td>9-4</td><td>430</td><td>243</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Florida State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=052)</td><td>4-4</td><td>192</td><td>174</td><td>7-6</td><td>303</td><td>298</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=120)</td><td>3-5</td><td>194</td><td>180</td><td>6-7</td><td>313</td><td>280</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">North Carolina State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=152)</td><td>3-5</td><td>144</td><td>248</td><td>5-7</td><td>249</td><td>339</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="middle"><td align="left">Standings</td><td colspan="3">Conference</td><td colspan="4">Overall</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Atlantic Coast Conference - Coastal</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>W-L</td><td>PF</td><td>PA</td><td>STRK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Virginia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=259)</td><td>7-1</td><td>255</td><td>120</td><td>11-3</td><td>402</td><td>225</td><td>L1</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=258)</td><td>6-2</td><td>202</td><td>151</td><td>9-4</td><td>317</td><td>256</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=059)</td><td>4-4</td><td>160</td><td>173</td><td>7-6</td><td>341</td><td>271</td><td>L2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">North Carolina (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=153)</td><td>3-5</td><td>161</td><td>188</td><td>4-8</td><td>254</td><td>294</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2390)</td><td>2-6</td><td>146</td><td>232</td><td>5-7</td><td>247</td><td>312</td><td>-</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="middle" valign="top"><td align="left">Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=150)</td><td>0-8</td><td>131</td><td>265</td><td>1-11</td><td>215</td><td>398</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>

Are you really this dense? You're comparing overall records of ACC teams vs overall records of SEC teams? That's ****ing retarded. The ACC sucks and their overall record may be higher because THEY PLAY EACH OTHER.

Even using your retarded argument, it's flawed. Sure if you throw out all of the statistics NOT in your favor (Duke) you can manipulate the numbers to be in your favor. Instead of removing teams to make your ridiculous assertion, if you count all of the teams in each conference USING YOUR NUMBERS the ACC had 69 losses and 12 teams which = 5.75 losses per team. The SEC had 58 losses and 11 teams = 5.27 losses per team. That's a stupid ass way to compare conferences and it still doesn't work out in your favor.

Now, if you actually can do math you'd realize the SEC has 12 teams and a total of 59 losses you dumbass retread. The ACC also has 12 teams with a total of 70 losses. Game over.

I don't give a shit what FSU or Miami USED to do. First of all, Miami hasn't been good since they joined the ACC. Secondly, FSU hasn't beaten Florida in 4 years.

Thirdly, if you want to compare the SEC vs the ACC look at these items:

In last year's inter-conference Bowl Games the SEC was 7-2 while the ACC was 2-6.

In the year before's Bowl games the ACC was 3-4 while the SEC was 6-3.

The SEC has won the last 2 National Championships and 4 out of the last 10. In that same time period the ACC has had 1 (two if you count Miami's in 2000 when they were part of the Big East).

At the end of 2008 the SEC had 5 teams in the top 25. The ACC had 3.

In the last 2 years the SEC is 4-0 in BCS games while the ACC is 0-2.

If you honestly believe the ACC is better than the SEC in college football than your and idiot.

Wow.. I owned your ass last night. :D

blaise
07-18-2008, 08:33 AM
KU's schedule was one thing, but I heard too many KU fans and Mangino himself trying to sell that the non-conference opponents were actually tough in some way. If you're going to schedule cupcakes to build your program, fine. But don't think you can put a bow on crap and call anything but crap.

Reerun_KC
07-18-2008, 09:21 AM
KU's schedule was one thing, but I heard too many KU fans and Mangino himself trying to sell that the non-conference opponents were actually tough in some way. If you're going to schedule cupcakes to build your program, fine. But don't think you can put a bow on crap and call anything but crap.
When did this converstation switch to KSU of the 90's? I thought we were talking about KU/MU?

CoMoChief
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
He must be a Sasha Kaun fan.

No i pretty much assure he hates the univ of Kansas. He went to J school at Mizzou.

POND_OF_RED
07-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Talk about low expectations. ROFLROFLROFL

kstater
07-18-2008, 10:33 AM
To the guy posting the SEC/ACC records saying the combined losses the same, you could look at the ACC has 5 teams with losing records and the SEC has 2 teams.

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 10:37 AM
When did this converstation switch to KSU of the 90's? I thought we were talking about KU/MU?

Oh hell, let's talk about KSU for awhile. I think they will finish 8th in the Big XII North.

kstater
07-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh hell, let's talk about KSU for awhile. I think they will finish 8th in the Big XII North.

I'll bet you all my casino cash they won't.

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll bet you all my casino cash they won't.

No bet. Where do you think they'll finish? Who can they beat?

kstater
07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
No bet. Where do you think they'll finish? Who can they beat?

3/4 non conference

TTU,at Colorado, ISU.

Hard to tell where they'll fininsh. I think they have a shot at either KU or MU but not both. Neither if they pull a stunner over OU.

kepp
07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I think they have a shot at either KU or MU but not both. Neither if they pull a stunner over OU.

Not even if the whole stadium brought their powertowels :p

kstater
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
I think they're going with thundersticks this year. :D

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
To the guy posting the SEC/ACC records saying the combined losses the same, you could look at the ACC has 5 teams with losing records and the SEC has 2 teams.

Except when you do the math the ACC has 70 combined losses to the SEC's 59. ;)

DT58HOF
07-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I never said the SEC sucked , i never said the ACC was better
What i was posting to was the idiot that says the ACC is Garbage, just because LSU and Fla are good at this moment.
from top to bottom in each league i would say it;s

1 SEC
t2 ACC
t2 Big 12
4 Big Ten
5 Pac 10
now thats just right now

DJay23
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM

I don't know that many KU fans said this. I think we thought beating cupcakes by 50 and 60 points was indicative of a good team. I mean we watched K-State do it for 10 years.

DaKCMan AP
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I never said the SEC sucked , i never said the ACC was better
What i was posting to was the idiot that says the ACC is Garbage, just because LSU and Fla are good at this moment.
from top to bottom in each league i would say it;s

1 SEC
t2 ACC
t2 Big 12
4 Big Ten
5 Pac 10
now thats just right now

The 'idiot' says not even close. Just because LSU & Florida are good at this moment? What about Georgia, who finished #2 overall last season and is preseason #1 in many people's opinion. Or Auburn and Tennessee who are consistently top-15. Right now:

#1 SEC
#2 Big-XII
#3 Big-10
#4a Pac-10
#4b Big East
#5 ACC

Here are some other's opinions:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/733128.html
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25044-2008-college-football-season-outlook-part-two-conference-rankings

Here's a poll NBC did:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8819383/

Here's one by ESPN:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2963011

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM

they got lucky you bum :)

Garcia Bronco
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I do recall a fluke fumble when KU was about to score and then another time at the end where KU could have score but chose to kneel. If you actually watched the game you know that KU was in control throughout.

KU was incontrol. However, if we had a QB, KU wouldn't have won.

Frazod
07-18-2008, 11:59 AM

:mad:
FAIL

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM

If anybody was talking about KSU in the 90's you would still be sitting quietly in the corner misspelling small words.

WilliamTheIrish
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't know that many KU fans said this. I think we thought beating cupcakes by 50 and 60 points was indicative of a good team. I mean we watched K-State do it for 10 years.

The only true cupcake on the schedule every was ...KU.

DJay23
07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
The only true cupcake on the schedule every was ...KU.

"was"

Old Dog
07-18-2008, 01:04 PM

and if the dog wouldn't have stopped to crap he would have caught the rabbit........what the hell is your point?

Valiant
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM

As much as it sucks.. Scheduling a shitload of cupcakes is the easiest way to get into a great bowl..

That is why we need some ****ing playoffs..