PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Tonight I witnessed an unparalleled example of American arrogance

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I got to the theater over two hours in advance to sit in line for The Dark Knight. Now, I was expecting a crowd, but I did not expect a ****ing ARMY of people to descend upon the theater a full TWO AND A HALF HOURS before the movie.

I am ecstatic I did not get a ticket to the 12:01 AM showing, because that line was FULL when I got there, wrapping around the outside of the building. The line for 12:05 extended out into the front of the theater, so I had better luck there.

Standing in line for an hour and a half in the muggy heat wasn't great. But what was worse was what I saw when I entered the theater.

Now, I knew I would get a decent seat, and I grabbed the first opportunity to sit down - an aisle seat about 3/4 of the way up in the middle. Pretty good. But then I saw a FULL EMPTY ROW RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THEATER.

What flanked that row?

Two ****ing high school whores and a mexican in the middle.

That's right. Three ****ing kids decided they were going to save AN ENTIRE ROW IN PRIMO CHOICE GRADE-A POSITION right in the middle of the theater. This was a HUGE screening room, so we're talking like 15-20 seats.

Now, I am generally a passive man, so I did not confront their heinous example of complete American arrogance. But fortunately, the two dudes that were behind me in line just elbowed their way into the middle row and sat down where they pleased. Seizing the day, I followed suit and grabbed myself a perfect seat for The Dark Knight.

Thanks for saving my seat, assholes! :D

Guru
07-18-2008, 02:35 AM
It's one thing to save a seat for a couple family members, but, AN ENTIRE ROW?

QuikSsurfer
07-18-2008, 02:36 AM

Hmmm, I dunno.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/pig1.gif

I witnessed some of the same shit with lil bitches and ho's tonight. So many highschool girls..

Tribal Warfare
07-18-2008, 02:37 AM
I got to the theater over two hours

slacker, I waited 7 hours and I was the 1st one in like :rockon:

KcMizzou
Hmm... what's the mexican got to do with it?

I'm not sure why that mattered. An asshole's an asshole, ya know?

Count Zarth
The mexican asked me to move over not ONCE but TWICE so his little friends could all sit together.

I complied with his request. I'm way too nice.

Should have sent his ass to the concession stand for something.

Hmm... what's the mexican got to do with it?

I'm not sure why that mattered. An asshole's an asshole, ya know?

I'm just painting a picture.

KcMizzou
07-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Maybe you thought he might kick your ass if you didn't.

Should have sent his ass to the concession stand for something.

And WTF does that exactly mean?

Maybe you're the "unparalleled example of American arrogance".

****in' pathetic.

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 02:48 AM
And WTF does that exactly mean?

Maybe you're "an unparalleled example of American arrogance".

****in' pathetic.

Hey, I complied with his request. TWICE.

What did I get in return? Nothing.

KcMizzou
07-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Man...

LMAO

You're gonna deserve every beating you (hopefully) get. You haven't learned a goddamned thing.... haven't matured a bit.

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Man...

LMAO

You're gonna deserve every beating you (hopefully) get. You haven't learned a goddamned thing.... haven't matured a bit.

Whatever, dude. I was a completely nice guy. TWICE.

I didn't have to move.

Nightfyre
07-18-2008, 03:17 AM
Now, I am generally a ... man

ENGL101

Fruit Ninja
07-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Wtf did you expect in return a box of Milk duds?

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Wtf did you expect in return a box of Milk duds?

No, I just wanted him to play waiter.

I had considered going myself, but I wasn't about to get up with a packed theater full of high school kids. Especially since I probably pissed those little f*cks off.

Guru
07-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Should have got the JuJuBees or the Junior MInts.

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Should have got the JuJuBees or the Junior MInts.

I'm a goobers man.

Guru
07-18-2008, 03:41 AM
I always smuggle my candy in.

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 05:13 AM
I'm a goober, man.

Fixed it

Guru
07-18-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm a goofy goober yeah.

Fixed it

Damn, if only I hadn't had to sit through that movie with my kids the other night.:doh!:

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Damn, if only I hadn't had to sit through that movie with my kids the other night.:doh!:

I don't get why these comic book character movies are so popular. People will wait in line for hours to see that crap. Why?

Dartgod
07-18-2008, 05:23 AM
You waited an hour and a half in line to see a movie? Dumbass! ROFL

Fairplay
07-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Claythan- "I came that close to kicking his ass.....that close."

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Phobia
07-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Heh.

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
I always smuggle my candy in.

Go to AMCs. They don't care if you bring in outside food and drink. They don't advertise it, but notice there are NO signs that indicate no food and drink.

I've taken pizzas into the theater before.

DeepSouth
07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
If you had any friends that would go to the movies with you, they could have saved your seat while you went to get your own freaking Milk Duds.

Phobia
07-18-2008, 07:02 AM
What's arrogant is feeling the need to start a thread like this when this one is already available. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187264)

I think guntherfan may have more sense.

Fairplay
07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
What's arrogant is feeling the need to start a thread like this when this one is already available. (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187264)

He just wants attention, you already knew that though.

I think he gets jealous because DaneMcCloud and Midnite_Sukdick was getting all the attention in the Sex Milestone thread.

alanm
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
A Batman wanna be has nothing on a apprentice padawan jedi with a light saber. ROFL

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 07:17 AM
He just wants attention, you already knew that though.

I think he gets jealous because DaneMcCloud and Midnite_Sukdick was getting all the attention in the Sex Milestone thread.

Yeah. They wouldn't let him in the Douche-off.

seclark
07-18-2008, 07:17 AM
I think guntherfan may have more sense.

this is a first.
sec

Deberg_1990
07-18-2008, 07:20 AM
I got to the theater over two hours in advance to sit in line for The Dark Knight.

you went by yourself? Dont have any friends??

Kerberos
07-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Claythan- "I came that close to kicking his ass.....that close."

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

He's been working out ya know! ;)

Lonewolf Ed
07-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey, I complied with his request. TWICE.

What did I get in return? Nothing.

So this Mexican actually spoke English? He may have been from El Salvador.

Demonpenz
07-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Can I tell a mexican story real quick. So I live in apt complex (smart I know) So I see a shadow of someone with a latter climbing up my window. I wasn't really scared for some reason because it was dawn. Anyway these well I will call them spanish speaking people were climbing on a roof tearing shit up at like 6 am. I left for work and got back around 6:30 they were still pulling shit apart and working. Then after wards they all were drinking beer in the parking lot. I wasn't pissed or anything. I laughed and about just googled Mexican top hits 08 in you tube to give them some music. Anyway I just thought to myself how many stereotypes that day alone fullfilled. Beer guzzeling sitting in the sun 12 hours plus working their asses off.

blueballs
07-18-2008, 08:01 AM
American arrogance

are they american or mexican or mexican american or mexican american

seclark
07-18-2008, 08:06 AM
way to kick yourself in the yambag there, gochiefs.
sec

tomahawk kid
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome to the result of "parents" catering to every one of their kids percieved "needs", never telling them "no" to anything, never allowing them to lose at sports or generally holding them accountable for anything.

There's a whole generation of spoiled brats out there that are in for a rude awakening when they enter the work force - assuming they just don't move back in with mommy and daddy where they're perceived gods........

blueballs
07-18-2008, 08:15 AM
PC may be for america
what the plagues were for europe
Bring out your spoiled and pampered

MOhillbilly
07-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the result of "parents" catering to every one of their kids percieved "needs", never telling them "no" to anything, never allowing them to lose at sports or generally holding them accountable for anything.

There's a whole generation of spoiled brats out there that are in for a rude awakening when they enter the work force - assuming they just don't move back in with mommy and daddy where they're perceived gods........
Its like i tell these bitches. "you were daddys little princess. now youre just a piece of shit like the rest of us"

RedNeckRaider
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM

You are talking about the thread starter right?

Dartgod
07-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Well played! :bravo:

Anyong Bluth
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Normally, I'd comply with the request.

BUT...

IF you think you're going to save a row, you can can go f*ck yourself, respectfully.

For this movie specifically, I wouldn't move over if it took me from a choice spot to somewhere I'd be annoyed about it the whole movie. Not for my mom. Not for Jesus- who'd probably try to save an entire row for his 12 apostles. Though not sure if any of his apostles were Mexican? 1 Puerto Rican that I know of.

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM

I know a guy who just never moved out.

Fairplay
07-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Those mexicans carry knives. He gets the row.

The Bad Guy
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
No, I just wanted him to play waiter.

I had considered going myself, but I wasn't about to get up with a packed theater full of high school kids. Especially since I probably pissed those little f*cks off.

Being a ****ing racist is when you keep making reference to the fact he's mexican and you wanted him to "play waiter" or I would have "stuck him next to the concession stand.

Let's be honest here, you're a ****ing girl. You didn't have the balls to talk to girls in college, and you sure as hell aren't starting some kind of fight with anyone (small, medium or large person). Just because you're lifting weights doesn't mean you have any sort of courage.

You are a ****ing weasel. Instead of having the balls just to sit down, you let two other people do it first, then being the tag along loser you are, you jumped in too.

You are the finest example of American ignorance. You live with your parents when you are 27. Your ticket to fame is posting on message boards and writing articles that any 15 year olds with a grasp of punctuation and the language could do.

I bet those Mexicans have real jobs, and likely will move out of their house when they are of the ages between 18-22.

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Being a ****ing racist is when you keep making reference to the fact he's mexican and you wanted him to "play waiter" or I would have "stuck him next to the concession stand.

Let's be honest here, you're a ****ing girl. You didn't have the balls to talk to girls in college, and you sure as hell aren't starting some kind of fight with anyone (small, medium or large person). Just because you're lifting weights doesn't mean you have any sort of courage.

You are a ****ing weasel. Instead of having the balls just to sit down, you let two other people do it first, then being the tag along loser you are, you jumped in too.

You are the finest example of American ignorance. You live with your parents when you are 27. Your ticket to fame is posting on message boards and writing articles that any 15 year olds with a grasp of punctuation and the language.

That wasn't very nice.......but it was funny.

Fruit Ninja
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
After you got punked for your seat, you wanted them to play waiting on you? hah

vailpass
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
How can a Mexican exemplify American arrogance? Wouldn't his be Mexican Arrogance?

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Those mexicans carry knives. He gets the row.

Also known as Mexican boxing gloves.

RedNeckRaider
07-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I bet those Mexicans have real jobs, and likely will move out of their house when they are of the ages between 18-22.

If he was a "Mexican" it has to hurt thinking he came to this country most likely broke and unable to speak english. He showed up with 2 girls and the thread starter can not pull 1 ROFL

Hog Farmer
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Why the hell is everyone an asshole on here ????????

Demonpenz
Normally, I'd comply with the request.

BUT...

IF you think you're going to save a row, you can can go f*ck yourself, respectfully.

For this movie specifically, I wouldn't move over if it took me from a choice spot to somewhere I'd be annoyed about it the whole movie. Not for my mom. Not for Jesus- who'd probably try to save an entire row for his 12 apostles. Though not sure if any of his apostles were Mexican? 1 Puerto Rican that I know of.

I love jesus

luv

I've gone to see movies by myself before. No shame in it. Only, I wouldn't have gone to a movie where I had to wait that long in line by myself.

KcMizzou
Jesus always leaves the arm rests bloody anywayLMAO

Wow.

Anyong Bluth
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Jesus always leaves the arm rests bloody anyway

That I can handle. It's sharing popcorn that gets to be a bitch.

Anyong Bluth
07-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I've gone to see movies by myself before. No shame in it. Only, I wouldn't have gone to a movie where I had to wait that long in line by myself.

I've got plenty of friends, but sometimes I just feel like going to a late movie and watching it by myself. Would I have done that when I was younger... no.
But really, you're going to sit a dark room and watch a movie, and better be quiet anyway...

I'm also not afraid to watch a movie alone at home with the lights out, too!

I'm such a rebel!

luv
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
I've got plenty of friends, but sometimes I just feel like going to a late movie and watching it by myself. Would I have done that when I was younger... no.
But really, you're going to sit a dark room and watch a movie, and better be quiet anyway...

I'm also not afraid to watch a movie alone at home with the lights out, too!

I'm such a rebel!

I'll top that. I've even dined in a restaurant alone. No cheaper date than that. Dinner and a movie for one! :thumb:

Fairplay
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Does his mom count as a friend?

SPATCH
07-18-2008, 11:38 AM
these claythan jokes are getting recycled... A LOT

Pablo
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I love jesusNice edit penz.

But it's already been captured. JC is gonna be so pissed when he's on CP later today. Better say some serious hail mary's.

tomahawk kid
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM

That....just....happened.

dtebbe
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
This is one of my pet peeves. It really gets me when people do this at school functions, like a play or recital or something. They will send grandma to the auditorium at 6am to reserve the two front rows for their family.

I've already told my wife to be prepared, because from here on out the only reservation I'm going to recognize is an a$$ in the seat.

DT

Skip Towne
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
This is one of my pet peeves. It really gets me when people do this at school functions, like a play or recital or something. They will send grandma to the auditorium at 6am to reserve the two front rows for their family.

I've already told my wife to be prepared, because from here on out the only reservation I'm going to recognize is an a$$ in the seat.

DT
What will you do if it's Goldberg's grandma saving the seats?

Demonpenz
07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice edit penz.

But it's already been captured. JC is gonna be so pissed when he's on CP later today. Better say some serious hail mary's.

I know. Nice way of showing love by mocking him. *banghead* Now he is going to make me watch "meet dave" in hell

StcChief
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
real solution....reserved seats. It's done in some places now for the prime seats.

Anyong Bluth
07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
real solution....reserved seats. It's done in some places now for the prime seats.

Yep, and it's great! I have a ticket for Batman on IMAX @ Navy Pier and you pick you're seat when you purchase the ticket online. I'm about 2/3 of the way back from the front row, smack in the very middle. I won't have to hassle with standing in line like the reg. theatres before the show just so I can scurry to get a good spot.

It's really pretty genius idea for big movies so you still reward those that get their tickets 1st. Less hyped movies would suffer b/c people would avoid shows they got bad tickets and theatres would prefer to have sellouts sooner as opposed to people only filling 80's of the theatre and skipping the bad seats. Not to mention the longer a movie is released, a good number of tickets might not be sold b/c people that would have gone earlier hear bad word of mouth and opt to catch it on DVD.

vailpass
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Why is it every time GoChiefs or another movie nerd makes a thread about waiting in a huge line for 2 hours to see a frigging movie I picture all you guys getting roasted by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds

Deberg_1990
07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Yep, and it's great! I have a ticket for Batman on IMAX @ Navy Pier and you pick you're seat when you purchase the ticket online.

Do they charge extra $$$ for that reserved seating?

I know our IMAX theater here locally is $12.50 a ticket.

luv
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep, and it's great! I have a ticket for Batman on IMAX @ Navy Pier and you pick you're seat when you purchase the ticket online. I'm about 2/3 of the way back from the front row, smack in the very middle. I won't have to hassle with standing in line like the reg. theatres before the show just so I can scurry to get a good spot.

It's really pretty genius idea for big movies so you still reward those that get their tickets 1st. Less hyped movies would suffer b/c people would avoid shows they got bad tickets and theatres would prefer to have sellouts sooner as opposed to people only filling 80's of the theatre and skipping the bad seats. Not to mention the longer a movie is released, a good number of tickets might not be sold b/c people that would have gone earlier hear bad word of mouth and opt to catch it on DVD.

Wanna buy two tickets to tour Wrigley Field?

Braincase
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
You've never witnessed unparalleled arrogance... and you live in Texas?

BULLSHIT! This thread has no credibility.

Christ, I can top that with a casual conversation at a Cowboys game.

Anyong Bluth
07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Do they charge extra $$$ for that reserved seating?

I know our IMAX theater here locally is $12.50 a ticket.

Well Chicago is more expensive, so the tickets are 16. There is no option to not pick your seat, that's just the way it's set up. By the way, tickets for a normal theater here are 10.50 to 11.50, so I don't think they're ripping you off by charging to reserve your seat.

As to whether they're ripping you off... all depends on what movie you're seeing. I'll probably end up seeing TDK in the theaters 3 times at least.

RJ
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Why is it every time GoChiefs or another movie nerd makes a thread about waiting in a huge line for 2 hours to see a frigging movie I picture all you guys getting roasted by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds

That was pretty damn funny.

vailpass
07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
That was pretty damn funny.

I'm sure most have seen him but any who have not yet had the pleasure are strongly encouraged to watch his performances. YouTube has most all of them.

Baconeater
07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Waiting in line for two hours to see a movie in the middle of the night is an unparalleled example of American idiocy.

Phobia
07-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm sure most have seen him but any who have not yet had the pleasure are strongly encouraged to watch his performances. YouTube has most all of them.

I had seen that one but it had been a couple years. It was even great the second time around.

hawkchief
07-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Carl looks a bit Mexican in a darkened theater.

Suck it Carl - sounds just like something you'd do.

Count Zarth
07-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Sigh.

I'm the Chiefsplanet Dark Knight.

People are flaming me. What would you have me do?

Endure. You can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else will face - the right choice. Chiefsplanet needs you.

Thig Lyfe
07-18-2008, 08:24 PM
When I got to my screen 45 minutes before the showing was to start, there was only room in the front row. Then, near the end of the previews, my friend and I turned around and saw that two seats had somehow opened up in prime viewing position. We asked the people sitting next to those seats if they were saving them, they said no, and we sat down.

It was truly a miracle.

Thig Lyfe
07-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Sigh.

I'm the Chiefsplanet Dark Knight.

People are flaming me. What would you have me do?

Endure. You can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else will face - the right choice. Chiefsplanet needs you.

And Midnight_Douchebag is The Joker.

"You've changed things... forever. There's no going back. See, to them, you're just a freak... like me! Except you don't have a bike haha"

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Ever see the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine has to save the seats? Yeah ...

Nightfyre
07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
And Midnight_Douchebag is The Joker.

"You've changed things... forever. There's no going back. See, to them, you're just a freak... like me! Except you don't have a bike haha"

ROFL

acesn8s
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM
The mexican must own a bike.