PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request The Beer is Gonna Flow Like Wine

SPATCH
07-19-2008, 11:11 AM
PBJPBJPBJ this thursday i'm finally turning 21 PBJPBJPBJ

:toast: and i'm going to be getting saucy-ass drunk :toast:

thus far, i've only gotten one MIP and one open container (he didn't give me an MIP or DUI that time for some awesome reason). so i've been pretty lucky in that department compared to some people...

i'm in missouri right now, but i will be flying back to texas on wednesday... we're taking a party bus from my house in san marcos to sixth street in austin. there's over 100 confirmed guests on the facebook event so shit might get a little crazy. :)

how about you guys? any good stories from your, or any of your friend's, 21st birthday party? got any advice?

cheers

Phobia
07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah - my buddies took me to a strip club in Jacksonville, NC for the event - with the blessing of my 1st wife. But they also bought a picture of all the strippers swooning over me and one of them standing on her head in my crotch with her crotch up in my face as well. That picture was a source of much consternation for the remainder of that marriage. I guess she didn't realize there were topless girls at a strip club. Heh.

RustShack
07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
One of my friends is having her 21 B-Day party tomorrow, I'll have mine in a year and a half. haha

kstater
07-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Prediction: You pass out by 9:00.

BWillie
07-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Man, I feel freaking old. My 21st birthday was 4 years ago. I went to a club in Iowa City called Jakes. Had a great time though. It blizzarded really bad, but about 10 of my friends still made it. I did 21 shots and took drank more beer before the night was said and done. (We got 21 pitchers of beer too, and were giving it to random strangers) I actually puked in the bathroom at 10 pm, but still made it to bar close. It was a good night, I was involved in my first quadruple kiss with three sluts. My friends kept telling everybody I was 21 years old and for some reason that worked. I had a bunch of chicks I was talking to that night, can't believe that me just turning 21 would be good to pick up chicks. Funny thing is three years later we were looking through pictures of that night and noticed one of my friends girlfriends was one of the girls I made out with, and that her friend was one of the total sluts I was dancing with and even brought into the bathroom. Ahh the good times of el collegio

Bugeater
07-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Once you're of age drinking isn't that much fun anymore.

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 11:30 AM
san marcos ehhh well if its a party bus.....well u must be in a frat..and i hate frats ..

BWillie
07-19-2008, 11:32 AM

I disagree. I don't know of any time where I drink that I don't have a better time than I would have if I didn't. If alcohol was not bad for you and there was no such thing as a hang over, I'd drink every day including work. In my old job I even had a few on lunch one time, when I went back I was more happy, jovial, friendly, and much more inclined to work harder.

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
damn texas state and our greek life

BWillie
07-19-2008, 11:37 AM

I don't know what the hatred is with frats. It was a good experience for me. We did philanthropy work like helping out in nursing homes and around the community, and you get a sense of family with many of people in it. You meet alot of great people too, and then you can pork the sorority girls more easily.

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 11:41 AM
and then you can pork the sorority girls more easily.

this being the key sentence paying for friends its not my idea of a good time???

Consistent1
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah - my buddies took me to a strip club in Jacksonville, NC for the event - with the blessing of my 1st wife. But they also bought a picture of all the strippers swooning over me and one of them standing on her head in my crotch with her crotch up in my face as well. That picture was a source of much consternation for the remainder of that marriage. I guess she didn't realize there were topless girls at a strip club. Heh.

Yeah, that strip club stuff can bite ya. My wife doesn't like to go, so I don't go period. It's really kind of a waste of cash anyway. Have fun spatula, sounds like a good time.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM

Depends what the definition of "fun" is. I think it's relaxing, and I guess I'd call it fun on Chiefs gameday.

Nzoner
07-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't know what the hatred is with frats. It was a good experience for me.

Meh,to each their own,when I was in college I got asked to rush a certain frat and did only to find out my kind of partying at the time was not acceptable at parties and so I told them they could stick their pin up their ass.

I wasn't going to have anything to do with a frat after that until I met a frat guy I really hit it off with and he told me their frat was all about individuality and being you.So I went,I loved it and I became a member and made some good friends whom I still have to this day.

luv
07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I disagree. I don't know of any time where I drink that I don't have a better time than I would have if I didn't. If alcohol was not bad for you and there was no such thing as a hang over, I'd drink every day including work. In my old job I even had a few on lunch one time, when I went back I was more happy, jovial, friendly, and much more inclined to work harder.

One day, you'll grow up. Or become a full blown alcoholic.

BWillie
07-19-2008, 12:14 PM

Being a full blown alcoholic is too much work. I only drink 1-2 days a week, and I wish I had time to do it alot more.

Nightfyre
07-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I find drinking vastly overrated personally. Just a couple once every few weeks for a good relaxing time is more than enough for me.

L.A. Chieffan
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Ahhh I remember my 18th birthday.... In Vegas, at the Crazyhorse, with a fake ID at my buddies bachelor party. Epic ****ed up time

BWillie
07-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Meh,to each their own,when I was in college I got asked to rush a certain frat and did only to find out my kind of partying at the time was not acceptable at parties and so I told them they could stick their pin up their ass.

I wasn't going to have anything to do with a frat after that until I met a frat guy I really hit it off with and he told me their frat was all about individuality and being you.So I went,I loved it and I became a member and made some good friends whom I still have to this day.

Yeah, not all frats are the same. It really depends what type of people area in them. As for paying for friends, not really. I had many friends who weren't in a fraternity. It wasn't like I needed more friends. People that think of frats as "paying for friends" don't know what frats are all about I think. Sure to an outsider you see them partying and what not, but there is alot more to it than that.

StcChief
07-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I was in the best frat of them all... G.D.I.

the others seemed to be all alike A.D.F. - Alpha Dildo F-Stick

Ari Chi3fs
07-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Shit, I was dating this chick who turned 21 like 3-4 days later, so we went out to celebrate on HER birthday, and called it OUR birthday. How ****ing weak is that shit?

SPATCH
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM

i've thought about that a lot... i have kind of a rebellious attitude and i enjoy the fact that its illegal for me to do...

i wonder if it will lose some of its edge and be less enjoyable from here on out...

luv
07-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Being a full blown alcoholic is too much work. I only drink 1-2 days a week, and I wish I had time to do it alot more.

Actually, from what I've been able to tell, it's quite easy to become one. Absolutely no effort at all.

SPATCH
07-19-2008, 01:12 PM

i have a lot of really close friends that i made outside of my fraternity, and a lot of them have a similar attitude about texas state greeks...

but i've introduced them to a lot of my fraternity brothers, and a bunch of them have become good friends with the guys in my frat... one of my friends who is an independent even moved into an apartment with three brothers that he met through me..

i think you just need to get to know some of them and you'll change your mind...

of course, there are a few frats on our campus full of douchebags that i can't stand but...

Bowser
07-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Man, I feel freaking old. My 21st birthday was 4 years ago.

Feel free to shut the hell up.

chiefs1111
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
My brother is actually coming down tonight to visit for his 21st birthday. What do you think is a good 21st birthday beer???? I honestly don't remember what I had for my 21 st

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, not all frats are the same. It really depends what type of people area in them. As for paying for friends, not really. I had many friends who weren't in a fraternity. It wasn't like I needed more friends. People that think of frats as "paying for friends" don't know what frats are all about I think. Sure to an outsider you see them partying and what not, but there is alot more to it than that.

ya like date raping

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
i have a lot of really close friends that i made outside of my fraternity, and a lot of them have a similar attitude about texas state greeks...

but i've introduced them to a lot of my fraternity brothers, and a bunch of them have become good friends with the guys in my frat... one of my friends who is an independent even moved into an apartment with three brothers that he met through me..

i think you just need to get to know some of them and you'll change your mind...

of course, there are a few frats on our campus full of douchebags that i can't stand but...

what frat are you in ??? then ill decide on whether or not you are a douchebag

kstater
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
My brother is actually coming down tonight to visit for his 21st birthday. What do you think is a good 21st birthday beer???? I honestly don't remember what I had for my 21 st

Why the **** would you feed him beer on his 21st? Your job as older brother is to feed him the most vile, disgusting shots you can. Start with a prairie fire.

Rausch
07-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Speak for yourself.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 04:42 PM

Or not. He didn't say he'd binge every day. People can drink a few glasses of wine each day and it's considered healthy for the heart. Millions of people smoke like chimneys everyday and nobody says shit about that. I bet you have a clean slate though. No worries.

AustinChief
07-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I am supposed to be out of town next weekend... but if I happen to be around, give me a shout and I'll buy ya a drink.

I am easy to find, end of the bar at Bull McCabes Irish Pub off Red River.

http://www.myspace.com/bullmccabesirishpub

TJR1486
07-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I only turned 21 a year ago, my advice is that if you are going to do 21 shots start around dinner time and go from there. You should be able to finish all them by 12 and not be blacked out yet so you can keep going til the bar closes. I did 21 shots with one of my friends for his bday and just kept buying the shot girls whole tray at the bar, and we were taking those right and left, and that night wasnt that great...

SPATCH
07-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I am supposed to be out of town next weekend... but if I happen to be around, give me a shout and I'll buy ya a drink.

I am easy to find, end of the bar at Bull McCabes Irish Pub off Red River.

http://www.myspace.com/bullmccabesirishpub

i appreciate it

Bugeater
07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Speak for yourself.

If you knew me you'd know I'm completely full of shit.

barry_smilez20
07-19-2008, 06:50 PM
so what frat is it spatula ....... obviously it's T K E or douchier because losers frats dont get party buses. so apparently you're more of a douche than you think..... here's to brotherhood:toast:

Fish
07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
21st birthday is such a big deal until your 22.....

Just try to enjoy it and not make such a big deal about how much you drink. If you don't you could wake up naked on the floor hugging the vacuum cleaner because you pissed in your girlfriend's bed when your buddies drug you home unconscious....

Trust me.

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
It seems like such a big deal, until a few days later. Milestones pass quickly.

SPATCH
07-19-2008, 07:15 PM
so what frat is it spatula ....... obviously it's T K E or douchier because losers frats dont get party buses. so apparently you're more of a douche than you think..... here's to brotherhood:toast:

lambda chi alpha...

so you have to be in a "loser frat" in order to not be douchey???

Fire Me Boy!
07-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Have a good one.

I'll be turning 30 a week from Monday. :grr:

JuicesFlowing
07-19-2008, 09:46 PM
30 is okay. I'm 31, I figure I have 9 years until I feel old. Actually, I think 26 hit me the hardest ... that was when i realized i was leaving true youth.

DaneMcCloud
07-19-2008, 10:05 PM

If you had a married a stripper the first time, that wouldn't have been an issue.

Or would it? :evil:

chiefs1111
07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=kstater;4856136]Why the **** would you feed him beer on his 21st? Your job as older brother is to feed him the most vile, disgusting shots you can. Start with a prairie fire.[/QUOT

Well that was the original plan,to take him out to the bar and buy a bunch of shots,but he said he doesn't care for liquor and only will drink beer...

Nzoner
07-20-2008, 02:18 AM

Funny thing about frats,one chapter will be really cool and the other a bunch of douches,take for instance,I'm a TKE as you referenced above and 90% of our guys were individuals and cool as hell where on the other hand the Lamdi Chi Alphas that Spat referenced were the biggest bunch of douchebags you could ever meet(at least at our school) they all dressed alike,same haircuts etc. a bunch of focking nancyboys who's daddy's had a way too much money and never taught junior a focking thing about responsibility.

My point being,like most things,don't lump it all together into one.

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
i'm all packed up... and i'm flying out tomorrow morning.

...i'm really, really excited about this for some reason

StcChief
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
i'm all packed up... and i'm flying out tomorrow morning.

...i'm really, really excited about this for some reasonbe smart come back alive

Smed1065
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
We all were until 21 years and 1 day......