PDA

View Full Version : Football DE Chris Long signs six-year deal

CupidStunt
07-20-2008, 06:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txramschrislong&prov=st&type=lgns

BRISTOL, CONNECTICUT (TICKER) óThe St. Louis Rams signed defensive end Chris Long - the second overall pick of the 2008 draft - to a six-year contract, according to a report by ESPN.com on Saturday.

Long signed the deal just before the Ramsí training camp is set to open on Thursday, making him the sixth first-round pick to agree to terms with his team. The web site said financial terms were not available.

The 6-3, 279-pound Long is the son of Hall of Fame defensive end Howie Long and has followed in his fatherís footsteps thus far, entering the NFL after a stellar collegiate career.

In his senior season, Chris Long was a unanimous All-American selection, the winner of the Ted Hendricks Award for the nationís top defensive end and the Atlantic Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

OnTheWarpath58
07-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Opens the door for Dorsey.

A defensive player above him has signed.

He'll be signed by Friday, IMO.

milkman
07-20-2008, 07:04 AM
I'd be confident if it were any team but the Chiefs that Dorsey will be signed by Friday, but with Carl, and the McFadden contract, not so much.

jiveturkey
07-20-2008, 07:09 AM
He signs late, a bunch of people bitch and bitch and bitch, and in the end it doesn't matter, because this ain't going to be much of a playoff chase.

Braincase
07-20-2008, 08:04 AM
It'll be a typical Carl screw-up. Expect Albert with two weeks left in training camp, Dorsey signed between the 3rd pre-season game and the 1st game of the regular season.

milkman
07-20-2008, 08:07 AM
It'll be a typical Carl screw-up. Expect Albertson with two weeks left in training camp, Dorsey signed between the 3rd pre-season game and the 1st game of the regular season.

Who's Albertson?

CupidStunt
07-20-2008, 08:09 AM
I remain hopeful that Dorsey will get a deal within the next week. I had heard nothing at all about Long being close to a deal, so I'm hopeful that the lack of chatter about Dorsey isn't a bad thing. The only thing that could help is Gholston signing, ideally to a significantly lower deal than McFadden so that there's a barometer for Dorsey in the middle.

Albert, on the other hand, could be a few weeks away. I'm sure not sure they'll agree on a lot of the language, mostly relating to position.

JuicesFlowing
07-20-2008, 08:12 AM

Would be nice.

milkman
07-20-2008, 08:12 AM
If Albert's deal gets held up on language related to position, then someone needs to find Carl and hang him by the balls.

Buehler445
07-20-2008, 08:16 AM

I hope so. I don't really see it, but god I hope so.

Micjones
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
You would think that this would make signing Dorsey simpler, but somehow in Chiefs kingdom... I don't have much confidence in him being in camp on time.

Braincase
07-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Who's Albertson?

Damn, I was watching a "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" with my kids when I typed that. A freudian slip. LOL.

milkman
07-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Damn, I was watching a "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" with my kids when I typed that. A freudian slip. LOL.

Freudian slip?

I don't think so.

I think that movie lowers your IQ with every viewing.

Ebolapox
07-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Who's Albertson?

apparently we're so hard-up that we're now signing grocery stores.

beach tribe
07-20-2008, 08:41 AM
He signs late, a bunch of people bitch and bitch and bitch, and in the end it doesn't matter, because this ain't going to be much of a playoff chase.

Players who show up late to camp have shown a tendency to get injured.

Our 2008 playoff chances, have little to nothing to do with the reasons to have Dorsey, Albert, ,and the rest signed and in camp.

StcChief
07-20-2008, 08:48 AM
If Albert's deal gets held up on language related to position, then someone needs to find Carl and hang him by the balls.

that's right. G vs. Tackle price.... our plan is Left tackle his job to lose priced with INCENTIVES

beach tribe
07-20-2008, 08:53 AM
that's right. G vs. Tackle price.... our plan is Left tackle his job to lose priced with INCENTIVES

Right. If he plays left tackle, he gets paid more. If he's relegated to the inside, he misses an incentive.

dorseybowe
07-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Carl Peterson equals Ed Rooney.

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kingcarl.jpg

=

http://dumpmartz.com/content/binary/Ferris_17.jpg

SNR
07-20-2008, 09:16 AM
that's right. G vs. Tackle price.... our plan is Left tackle his job to lose priced with INCENTIVESDammit Carl! Should have drafted Staley!

SNR
07-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Carl Peterson equals Ed Rooney.

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/kingcarl.jpg

=

http://dumpmartz.com/content/binary/Ferris_17.jpgLMAO

alanm
07-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I remain hopeful that Dorsey will get a deal within the next week. I had heard nothing at all about Long being close to a deal, so I'm hopeful that the lack of chatter about Dorsey isn't a bad thing. The only thing that could help is Gholston signing, ideally to a significantly lower deal than McFadden so that there's a barometer for Dorsey in the middle.

Albert, on the other hand, could be a few weeks away. I'm sure not sure they'll agree on a lot of the language, mostly relating to position.
It's more important that they get Alberts signed 1st. He's the one who can least afford to lose any time in TC. :shake:

milkman
07-20-2008, 10:28 AM
It's more important that they get Alberts signed 1st. He's the one who can least afford to lose any time in TC. :shake:

I'd rather see Albert signed.

alanm
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I'd rather see Albert signed.
Him too.

Halfcan
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I wonder when Howie Long will do another movie-man that was awesome.

KCChiefsFan88
07-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Not having Dorsey and Albert signed in time for camp (which is almost a given, considering Dictator Carl's history) only adds fuel to the Quest for 0-16.

Smed1065
07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Not having Dorsey and Albert signed in time for camp (which is almost a given, considering Dictator Carl's history) only adds fuel to the Quest for 0-16.

Based on what. Both not signed? Provide facts then please, not your opinion.

TY

Valiant
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd be confident if it were any team but the Chiefs that Dorsey will be signed by Friday, but with Carl, and the McFadden contract, not so much.

nevermind