PDA

View Full Version : Music Mayhem Festival

luv
07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Anyone going to this Tuesday night? Haven't heard much about it on here, which really surprises me.

RustShack
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I am!

QuikSsurfer
07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
I've posted about this festival a couple times in other threads. I'll be there.

RustShack
07-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow, its like 5 something hours away from here. My hometown is 2 hours away from KC though so I'm gonna go there tomorrow and leave from there Tuesday.

Dunit35
07-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I wish I could go. That would be badass.

KCUnited
07-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not going, but I've always been a fan of Candice from Walls of Jericho.

Swanman
07-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll be going to this show when it comes to Chicago. I'm pumped for it. I was disappointed that Ozzfest is basically dead, but this is a great replacement. The main stage has a great mix - Mastodon (stoner metal), Dragonforce (power metal), Disturbed (mainstream hard rock) and Slipknot (grindcore). Plus Machine Head, my favorite band, is headlining the second stage, which rules. Also looking forward to bands like The Red Chord and Suicide Silence.

Jewish Rabbi
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm leaving tomorrow, its like 5 something hours away from here. My hometown is 2 hours away from KC though so I'm gonna go there tomorrow and leave from there Tuesday.

It's actually three hours away man...

Nightwish
07-20-2008, 11:46 PM
I'll be going to this show when it comes to Chicago. I'm pumped for it. I was disappointed that Ozzfest is basically dead, but this is a great replacement. The main stage has a great mix - Mastodon (stoner metal), Dragonforce (power metal), Disturbed (mainstream hard rock) and Slipknot (grindcore). Plus Machine Head, my favorite band, is headlining the second stage, which rules. Also looking forward to bands like The Red Chord and Suicide Silence.
Dragonforce and Disturbed would be the biggest draws for me. Mastadon would also be cool. The rest I can do without.

KCUnited
07-21-2008, 08:13 AM

Not to be a dick, but I can't let that one go. This is grindcore.

http://www.myspace.com/insectwarfare

Lzen
07-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I talked to an old friend (and former singer in a band I was in years ago) a couple of weeks ago. He told me he was working (rodee) this show and asked if I wanted to help. He said Slipknot. When I asked who else, he didn't know. I turned him down. I think Slipknot is ok but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan or anything. It would also be a long 20 hour day and I don't have the leave time anyway. But man, I would love to see Disturbed. Mastadon would be alright, too. I don't know much of thier stuff but I did buy their Leviathon cd a few months ago and I like it. I don't know anything about Dragonforce other than the 10 minute long guitar solo song on GH3. I'm sure my boys would love to see them. Oh well, I'm too busy anyway. You guys have fun and be sure to give us a review.

Demonpenz
07-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Nice to see metal gods disturbed again.

Nightwish
07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't know anything about Dragonforce other than the 10 minute long guitar solo song on GH3.
They're probably the most different of all the bands there. They're power metal, whereas most of the others are metalcore or alt metal. Undoubtedly, they'll be both the fastest and the most melodic of all the bands there. The only problem I find with them is that there is a lot of sameness to their music, which is a common problem in many metal bands of various subgenres. But Herman Li is one ungodly talent on the guitar, that little Chinaman can shred to make your eyes cry red.

Jawshco
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
They're probably the most different of all the bands there. They're power metal, whereas most of the others are metalcore or alt metal. Undoubtedly, they'll be both the fastest and the most melodic of all the bands there. The only problem I find with them is that there is a lot of sameness to their music, which is a common problem in many metal bands of various subgenres. But Herman Li is one ungodly talent on the guitar, that little Chinaman can shred to make your eyes cry red.

Unfortunately, I missed this show when it came to Fresno, but my friends who saw it say that Disturbed really stole the show. I guess their live performance was incredible, they said it was far better than what you hear on the radio, and one of the best live bands they'd seen in a long time. I don't know. Disturbed is one of the few modern metal bands that I like, but I don't love them. But I guess they are sort of the reigning champions of metal with the demise of System of a Down.

Demonpenz
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately, I missed this show when it came to Fresno, but my friends who saw it say that Disturbed really stole the show. I guess their live performance was incredible, they said it was far better than what you hear on the radio, and one of the best live bands they'd seen in a long time. I don't know. Disturbed is one of the few modern metal bands that I like, but I don't love them. But I guess they are sort of the reigning champions of metal with the demise of System of a Down.

I agree disturbed are metal champs by far

Nightwish
07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Disturbed is one of the few modern metal bands that I like, but I don't love them. But I guess they are sort of the reigning champions of metal with the demise of System of a Down.
I don't know about overall, but they're probably the best still going on the American scene. There are some really great Euro bands that would probably kick their asses live. Europe is really where heavy metal is reigning right now, especially Germany and Scandinavia. Although Dragonforce are British, they are often viewed as part of that Germanic metal scene, since they play in that style. The American metal scene isn't dead, but it's a pale shadow of what it once was. Having said that, like you, I like Disturbed a lot, but don't love them. Their first album was awesome, but their follow-ups have left something to be desired.

chasedude
07-22-2009, 04:22 AM
I had a pretty good time @ the show. I was disappointed some of the bands didn't show mainly Disturbed. It would have been nice to see them. I mainly went to see Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. Cannibal Corpse rocked ending the set with my fav, "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled".

Slayer's performance was almost a disappointment. The sound was horrible in the beginning cutting in and out on their equipment. Kerry King, in frustration, threw his guitar in the wings offstage. I could tell from the body language that everyone in the band was pissed. Later in the set they finally got it right just in time to play some great songs. I bet that sound guy is fired and his ass shipped home.

Marilyn Manson is a FREAK!!! There was a point in his performance he shoved his hand down the crack of his ass and touched the crowd with it. WTF? Sick bastard.

What'd everyone else, those that went.

Rausch
07-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Marilyn Manson is a FREAK!!! There was a point in his performance he shoved his hand down the crack of his ass and touched the crowd with it. WTF? Sick bastard.

:spock:

http://www.contractseven.us/images/general/beatdown.gif

okcchief
07-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I had a pretty good time @ the show. I was disappointed some of the bands didn't show mainly Disturbed. It would have been nice to see them. I mainly went to see Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. Cannibal Corpse rocked ending the set with my fav, "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled".

Slayer's performance was almost a disappointment. The sound was horrible in the beginning cutting in and out on their equipment. Kerry King, in frustration, threw his guitar in the wings offstage. I could tell from the body language that everyone in the band was pissed. Later in the set they finally got it right just in time to play some great songs. I bet that sound guy is fired and his ass shipped home.

What'd everyone else, those that went.

Who was the last band? Slayer or Manson?

Did Slayer play a headline set if they weren't last?

I'm going to the OKC show and I'm hoping I can leave early to spare myself from Manson.

KC native
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm going to the OKC show and I'm hoping I can leave early to spare myself from Manson.

Manson puts on a great live show. I'm not a huge fan of his but I've seen him 3 times and they've all been good. Slayer on the other hand just sucks.

okcchief
07-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Manson puts on a great live show. I'm not a huge fan of his but I've seen him 3 times and they've all been good. Slayer on the other hand just sucks.

Sorry, but your opinion means nothing to me now.

chasedude
07-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Manson headlined, last band. Slayer did quite a range through their discography. This was the set list they played:

Darkness Of Christ <o></o>
Disciple <o></o>
Jihad <o></o>
War Ensemble <o></o>
Born Of Fire <o></o>
Psychopathy Red <o></o>
Mandatory Suicide <o></o>
Chemical Warfare <o></o>
Ghosts Of War <o></o>
Dead Skin Mask <o></o>
Hell Awaits <o></o>
Angel Of Death <o></o>
South Of Heaven <o></o>
Raining Blood

Manson's shit is crap so I really didn't pay attention to his set list, and from your post I see you wouldn't care either.

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Manson's shit is crap? Are you saying this because you just think he's a freak?

KC native
07-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry, but your opinion means nothing to me now.

ROFL Sorry I tell it like it is. Slayer sucks. They've been touring with Manson for awhile now though. It's an interesting dynamic. The parents take their kids so they can see slayer and then the kids watch Manson.

Dicky McElephant
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
ROFL Sorry I tell it like it is. Slayer sucks. They've been touring with Manson for awhile now though. It's an interesting dynamic. The parents take their kids so they can see slayer and then the kids watch Manson.

I feel the same way. Love Manson's music....can't stand Slayer's.

chasedude
07-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Manson's shit is crap? Are you saying this because you just think he's a freak?

He's supposed to be a freak, that's his thing. I just don't care for his music.

Reaper16
07-22-2009, 02:00 PM
The 1980's Slayer albums >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else mentioned in this thread (excepting Mastodon). Fact. Disagree and I will rape your kids.

KC native
07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
The 1980's Slayer albums >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else mentioned in this thread (excepting Mastodon). Fact. Disagree and I will rape your kids.

I disagree. Remember i live in Texas and the castle doctrine is very forgiving here. :Poke:

Reaper16
07-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I disagree. Remember i live in Texas and the castle doctrine is very forgiving here. :Poke:
You are no longer my favorite n00b of 2009.

KC native
07-22-2009, 02:18 PM
You are no longer my favorite n00b of 2009.

:deevee: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

okcchief
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM

To each their own. You have a right to your WRONG opinion :)