PDA

View Full Version : MU It's nice to see all the ku alumni dumping their tickets to the mizzou game on ebay.

Pages : 1 [2]

Boyceofsummer
07-21-2008, 11:33 PM
As with most historical movies, facts were altered for the sake of the story. One of the most notable changes: Platte City, and thus the Red Crown incident, was placed in Iowa, not Missouri.

http://www.kansascity.com/850/story/701545.html

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
They'll all be in basketball mode by the middle of October.

Funny Poser, you said that last year as well... your smack is sounding like a broken record. With all this living in the past that you do? Do you still go to the Colts message boards and talk smack about the last 3 playoff ass whipping and embarrasements we have received from them?

So all of this talk from you got me wondering, Where does MU rank on ESPN's Title Town USA list? Will they ever be featured? I went and looked, sure enough, they werent even mentioned. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/news/story?id=3339921

So here is what a title town page looks like. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/news/story?id=3459051

Enjoy my friend.

markk
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Funny Poser, you said that last year as well... your smack is sounding like a broken record. With all this living in the past that you do? Do you still go to the Colts message boards and talk smack about the last 3 playoff ass whipping and embarrasements we have received from them?

So all of this talk from you got me wondering, Where does MU rank on ESPN's Title Town USA list? Will they ever be featured? I went and looked, sure enough, they werent even mentioned. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/news/story?id=3339921

So here is what a title town page looks like. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/news/story?id=3459051

Enjoy my friend.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

ESPN's title town... now there's something to be proud of.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

ROFL Just sturring the fire trying to keep frazod going...

More proud of these though...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2494512501_c0f77120a5.jpg

xen
07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
ROFL Just sturring the fire trying to keep frazod going...

More proud of these though...
they give trophies out for anal sex? who knew.

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Or he could be about as good as Harrison Beck or dare I say it Freeman ;)
Both of which were overly hyped by Rivals and Scout. Beck couldn't beat out Zac Taylor or his backups and took his ball to NC State where he's still riding the pine. And Freeman while decent hasn't lived up to all the hype either. According to Rivals ect. ect. Huskers have all world talent on both sides of the ball but Callahan couldn't do shit with them. 95% of those guys are still there. There's some very good players on both sides of the ball and if Pelini can coach it out of them whereas Callahan couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag the Huskers will make some noise this year. Osborne made the right hire with Pelini. Just wish Osborne was in charge back in 04. Pedersen alone set the program back 4 years. Nuthooks for that asshole.

Luckily for us, our coach actually knows a thing or two about QBs. After all, he's coached at least five to the NFL: Chris Chandler, Mark Brunell, Hugh Millen, Billy Joe Hobert, and Brad Smith.

QBs bust all the time, but I'm extremely confident that one of Gabbert or Dalton will be an adequate replacement for Daniel once he graduates. For the upcoming season, former Elite 11 QB Chase Patton serves as one hell of a backup.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM

Enjoy my friend.

That's funny. I said we'd beat you last year, and we did. I love the way you queers keep glossing over that fact. Who's the poser? Tell me, how does my ass taste?

And good for you with your titletown page. Another insignificant achievement to hang your tiny little hats on. :whackit:

And rest assured, cocksucker, I am not your friend.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
That's funny. I said we'd beat you last year, and we did. I love the way you queers keep glossing over that fact. Who's the poser? Tell me, how does my ass taste?

And good for you with your titletown page. Another insignificant achievement to hang your tiny little hats on. :whackit:

LMAO

You crack me up... Thanks for playing...

Yes were friends now, BFF's ROFL

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-22-2008, 11:26 AM
The facts are all on my side, loser. The play on the field, the better team, the victory, the final ranking decided by experts instead of sucked-off stadium owners.
Holy crap - are you Brett Favre? You really sound like a whiny bitch in this thread.:deevee:

HolyHandgernade
07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
You know what this Mizzou thread needs? A Kansas football highlight film!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuOWg8BvGoI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuOWg8BvGoI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mmmm, football.....

-HH

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Luckily for us, our coach actually knows a thing or two about QBs. After all, he's coached at least five to the NFL: Chris Chandler, Mark Brunell, Hugh Millen, Billy Joe Hobert, and Brad Smith.

QBs bust all the time, but I'm extremely confident that one of Gabbert or Dalton will be an adequate replacement for Daniel once he graduates. For the upcoming season, former Elite 11 QB Chase Patton serves as one hell of a backup.

Brad Smith? ROFL You've got to be effing kidding.

Before last season you numbnuts were ready to hang Pinkell from a Columbia street lamp; now he's a QB guru? GMAFB

duncan_idaho
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Or he could be about as good as Harrison Beck or dare I say it Freeman ;)
Both of which were overly hyped by Rivals and Scout. Beck couldn't beat out Zac Taylor or his backups and took his ball to NC State where he's still riding the pine. And Freeman while decent hasn't lived up to all the hype either. According to Rivals ect. ect. Huskers have all world talent on both sides of the ball but Callahan couldn't do shit with them. 95% of those guys are still there. There's some very good players on both sides of the ball and if Pelini can coach it out of them whereas Callahan couldn't coach himself out of a paper bag the Huskers will make some noise this year. Osborne made the right hire with Pelini. Just wish Osborne was in charge back in 04. Pedersen alone set the program back 4 years. Nuthooks for that asshole.

95 percent of the talent is not still there. Not quite.

There still is a lot of talent in the 07 class (and a few big guys in the 08 class, Will "Call me Mike Mamula" Compton, and Baker Steinkuhler, who is a beast), but the 04, 05 and 06 classes have seen the departure of most of the guys who helped Nebraska garner huge star rankings. A lot of them were JUCOs; some of them washed out.

So Nebraska will be really pumped up for Mizzou, huh? Well, they were really pumped up for USC last year, and we saw what happened. That team has severe problems (crappy wideouts, OL that will be asked to run block more but was bad at it last season, no depth or experience at LB, weak DL that can't rush the passer). Pardon me if I'm not quivering in my boots.

And as for Missouri post Daniel/QB development... Gabbert, Dalton and the second 09 commit, Ashton Glaser, provide enough talent and numbers to feel confident at least one will be a good (if not Daniel-level) QB. Glaser was No. 2 on their board at the time of his commitment, so the staff is pretty high on him.

Oh, and as for kU... it will all come down to line play for the beakers.

The two new tackles better get up to speed quickly; Darton was pathetic in the action I saw him (ISU, couple of other blowouts) and Spikes has no experience at all. South Florida, Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri all have good enough defensive fronts to make kU pay if its tackle play isn't there.

As for the defensive line... Missouri was the only good, passing-oriented offense kU really faced last year (OSU is a running team) and kU's defensive line helped Daniel make his Heisman tape. Larson and Brorsen are huge liabilities as pass rushers, and McClinton's inside push will be missed. Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma all throw the ball well enough to really make kU pay for its anemic pass rush.

If those two things don't shape up, kU would be lucky to get to 8-4...

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Brad Smith? ROFL You've got to be effing kidding.

Keep ROFL, Brad was a 4th round draft choice and plays QB and WR for the Jets.

How many QBs has the whale sent to the NFL? LMAO Yeah, that's what I thought.

Before last season you numbnuts were ready to hang Pinkell from a Columbia street lamp; now he's a QB guru? GMAFB

It's funny that ku fans think this, you are probably the 3rd one that has said this in the thread. My response is the same now as it was before - MU has been to bowl games in 4 of the past 5 seasons, 3 straight, and have been better in each of the last 3 years. That's amazing considering the state of the program when he came on board.

Of course there's one or two wackos in every fan base, but saying everyone was "ready to hang Pinkell (sic)" is flat out wrong and shows the college football ignorance of the majority of ku fans.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Keep ROFL, Brad was a 4th round draft choice and plays QB and WR for the Jets.

How many QBs has the whale sent to the NFL? LMAO Yeah, that's what I thought.

It's funny that ku fans think this, you are probably the 3rd one that has said this in the thread. My response is the same now as it was before - MU has been to bowl games in 4 of the past 5 seasons, 3 straight, and have been better in each of the last 3 years. That's amazing considering the state of the program when he came on board.

Of course there's one or two wackos in every fan base, but saying everyone was "ready to hang Pinkell (sic)" is flat out wrong and shows the college football ignorance of the majority of ku fans.

Brad Smith was a joke of a QB in college and no more than a sideshow gimmick in NY. If that's what you wish to base Pinkel's "QB genious"[sic] upon, be my guest. lol

Living in TN has apparently detached you from the local fan base. Before last season MUrons were all over the airwaves squealing and bitching about that uptight Pinkel. Big old meany. So surly. No imagination. Then you guys have your all-time biggest win in Nov and it's all forgotten. Mmmm hmmm. Fairweather tiggers. :D

Frazod
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Holy crap - are you Brett Favre? You really sound like a whiny bitch in this thread.:deevee:

Everything I said was accurate. Even an inbred retard like you should be able to see it.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Grand mal redass alert.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Grand mal redass alert.

Loser KUnt alert.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Loser KUnt alert.

"Lost" our way to a BCS Bowl victory and 5 Basketball NCs :KU:

What have you "lost" lately? Except your temper, that is? :D

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Brad Smith was a joke of a QB in college and no more than a sideshow gimmick in NY. If that's what you wish to base Pinkel's "QB genious"[sic] upon, be my guest. lol

Okay, so are you going to base your entire argument on Smith, and just ignore the others I mentioned? Are you also going to ignore Daniel's career up to this point? Pinkel has sent QB after QB after QB to the NFL - at some point even a moron like you would realize that's a trend. But if it makes you feel better to think the beatings will end after Daniel leaves this season, be my guest. :D

Living in TN has apparently detached you from the local fan base. Before last season MUrons were all over the airwaves squealing and bitching about that uptight Pinkel. Big old meany. So surly. No imagination. Then you guys have your all-time biggest win in Nov and it's all forgotten. Mmmm hmmm. Fairweather tiggers. :D

I was in KC up until last August, so I definitely was not detached from the Mizzou fan base. Were people frustrated? Sure, but it was just because we knew we had the talent to dominate the pathetic North, and we finally did it last season. But to say that everyone was ready to hang Pinkel is completely wrong no matter how you spin it.

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Bahahahahaha.....you're counting the Helms BS? How pathetic. By that rationale Mizzou has two basketball NCs.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM

We all know the truth about your BCS bullshit. You're sucking our asses and will continue to do so.

And as for your badmitton, or was it soccer... wait - basketball... whatever... championship, again... what were we talking about again?

DJay23
07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
We all know the truth about your BCS bullshit. You're sucking our asses and will continue to do so.

And as for your badmitton, or was it soccer... wait - basketball... whatever... championship, again... what were we talking about again?

I wish your logic worked in real life.

"I don't really follow the economy or finances, so I don't think money and taxes should count for me."

Frazod
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I wish your logic worked in real life.

"I don't really follow the economy or finances, so I don't think money and taxes should count for me."

LMAO

Now basketball is equated with the economy and finances. That's rich.

I don't care how many of you dildos crawl out of the woodwork to tell me how all-important basketball is, I'll never give a shit. Ever.

Again, I realize, that's all your shit state has, so I understand it's importance to you. Doesn't mean it matters to others.

HolyHandgernade
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't care how many of you dildos crawl out of the woodwork to tell me how all-important basketball is, I'll never give a shit. Ever.

Basketball is all-important.

-HH

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Again, I realize, that's all your wonderful state has, so I understand it's importance to you. Doesn't mean it matters to others.

That, and a BCS Bowl victory. :D
ROCK CHALK, frazod. ROCK CHALK. :KU:

Frazod
07-22-2008, 02:32 PM
That, and a BCS Bowl victory. :D
ROCK CHALK, frazod. ROCK CHALK. :KU:

Which means less that nothing. But thanks for playing.

And how does that Mizzou ass taste?

Frazod
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
BTW, that picture is the background on my computer at work. It greets me every morning and brings a smile to my face.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 02:36 PM
BTW, that picture is the background on my computer at work. It greets me every morning and brings a smile to my face.

It is your program's greatest victory so it should bring a smile to your face. :D
I think it's sad and pathetic (that that game is your program's greatest victory ever), but whatever makes you happy. :KU:

Stewie
07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
How is this thread so long? MU has never won ANYTHING, EVER! They always hang their hats on what will be, and then end up with the "MissourIFs." IF this had happened, IF that had happened... yada yada yada. BTW, I was at the Big 12 media day and among the non-MU people the over/under on their 2nd loss is October 19th. That sounds about right. Oklahoma exposed that pussified spread and everyone has watched the film.

OnTheWarpath58
07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
It is your program's greatest victory so it should bring a smile to your face. :D
I think it's sad and pathetic (that that game is your program's greatest victory ever), but whatever makes you happy. :KU:

I'm not a fan of either team, but that statement is retarded.

Do a little research on the Tigers of the 1960's under Dan Devine.

While I'm sure the current fans of Mizzou are happy with the win over KU last November, it's nowhere near the greatest victory in the history of the program, IMO.

duncan_idaho
07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
How is this thread so long? MU has never won ANYTHING, EVER! They always hang their hats on what will be, and then end up with the "MissourIFs." IF this had happened, IF that had happened... yada yada yada. BTW, I was at the Big 12 media day and among the non-MU people the over/under on their 2nd loss is October 19th. That sounds about right. Oklahoma exposed that pussified spread and everyone has watched the film.

Pussified spread? You mean the spread that kU has copied so closely?

Wonder what the over/under on kU's second loss is... I'm guessing Oct. 19 as well.

I'm also guessing the over/under on the gayhawks third loss is Oct. 25.
Fourth? Nov. 8
Fifth? Nov. 15
Sixth? Nov. 29

duncan_idaho
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, but that statement is retarded.

Do a little research on the Tigers of the 1960's under Dan Devine.

While I'm sure the current fans of Mizzou are happy with the win over KU last November, it's nowhere near the greatest victory in the history of the program, IMO.

Don't you know? Winning a bowl that is now a BCS bowl only counts if you have won it in the BCS era. Forget those major bowl victories in the past. They don't matter unless they've happened in the past 10 years...

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Or maybe he means the pussified spread that basically every top team in the country tries to run. That Urban Meyer runs such a pussy offense...heh.

It's funny watching ku fans try so hard to talk about football.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM

You see, I'm not from Virginia. Whether you're sucking dicks or oranges, that victory didn't matter. We all know how you ended up playing in that game. And none of the ways involved winning your division or your conference. You were the beneficiaries of a flawed, broken, awful system. So you made the most of it against another fraud. Big f#cking deal.

When you talk smack, you talk about shit Kansas did to everybody else. Or more importantly, gifts and breaks they received.

When I talk smack, I talk about what Missouri did to Kansas. As in winning the biggest game ever played in the history of our rivalry.

You lose.

DJJasonp
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I was gone a week on vacation.....nice to see nothing has changed while I was gone.

The inferiority complex of some MU fans around here is reaching epic proportions.

Soon, it will overtake the level of some chiefs fans around here.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I was gone a week on vacation.....nice to see nothing has changed while I was gone.

The inferiority complex of some MU fans around here is reaching epic proportions.

Soon, it will overtake the level of some chiefs fans around here.

Again, for the remedial crowd.

We won.

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 03:04 PM

We won.

Actually, you lose because you care. We moved on to bigger & better things while you sit in the corner nursing your strained vagina. :D

DJJasonp
07-22-2008, 03:06 PM

We won.

Again, congratulations on your regular season victory.

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Actually, you lose because you care. We moved on to bigger & better things while you sit in the corner nursing your strained vagina. :D

Why would our vagina be strained? We crushed you, and then went on to crush a very good SEC team featuring two 1st round RBs that beat this year's national champion.

We both won our bowl games, but we won the Big 12 North with a thorough pounding of your sad team.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:13 PM

You didn't move on to shit, retard. Other forces moved you.

I love it when some gayhawk says "you blew your chance against Oklahoma." Well, you blew your chance against us. But thanks to behind-the-scenes bullshit and a broken system, you advanced anyway.

You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. And every time one of you beats your meager chest over the Orange Bowl, it just makes the whole bunch of you look that much worse.

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Wonder what the over/under on kU's second loss is... I'm guessing Oct. 19 as well.

I'm also guessing the over/under on the gayhawks third loss is Oct. 25.
Fourth? Nov. 8
Fifth? Nov. 15
Sixth? Nov. 29

KU's offense is nothing like MUs if you watch the games. Oklahoma exposed the wide O-line that MU uses to protect mediocre players and it has been noted by everyone. Good luck doing the same thing again this year. Hell, Illinois may win the first game.

Bowser
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
KU's offense is nothing like MUs if you watch the games. Oklahoma exposed the wide O-line that MU uses to protect mediocre players and it has been noted by everyone. Good luck doing the same thing again this year. Hell, Illinois may win the first game.

Stoops is in Pinkel's head. On top of that, Pinkel, for some reason, decides it's a good idea not to make halftime adjustments against the likes of Oklahoma.

As for KU, good luck getting to 8-4 this year. Brutal schedule.

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:24 PM
But thanks to behind-the-scenes bullshit and a broken system, you advanced anyway.

Everyone loves KU nationally. Nationally, no one knows about MU. They're kind of like the University of Wyoming. "Yep, I'm sure they exist because doesn't every state have a University of Insert State Name, but what have they done?" It's kind of sad, really.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

I remember you were one of the leading ladies of smack last year, just convinced that Kansas was going to own Missouri.

How'd that work out for you, Stooey?

Bowser
07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Everyone loves KU nationally.

"Nationally" doesn't mean a fifty mile radius around Lawrence.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Everyone loves KU nationally. Nationally, no one knows about MU. They're kind of like the University of Wyoming. "Yep, I'm sure they exist because doesn't every state have a University of Insert State Name, but what have they done?" It's kind of sad, really.

Right. A state with NO major cities. A tiny population. No professional sports teams. No points of interest. The only parts of Kansas that are worth a shit are suburbs of a city in another state.

Yeah, everybody knows your name, don't they?

You self-absorbed fools are endlessly amusing.

eazyb81
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
"Nationally" doesn't mean a fifty mile radius around Lawrence.

Most Kansas fans have never left the state, so you'll have to excuse them when talking about geography.

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I remember you were one of the leading ladies of smack last year, just convinced that Kansas was going to own Missouri.

How'd that work out for you, Stooey?

I am a proud graduate of the University of Kansas. It has served me very well. I'm not sure how others on this board are affiliated with "their schools" to be honest. Sports are fun, but it's not the why I attended KU. I didn't go to KU because they had a killer football/basketball/swimming team. I went there because they have a great aerospace engineering program. I'll talk smack on occasion, but it's just for fun. My concern about a 4-8 team or 11-1 team is ancillary and really not important in the big scheme of things. I don't hang my hat on the KU athletic department; I hang my hat on the KU/KSU (yeah, KSU) students who intern for our company. These schools turn out some great kids who are really interested in science/math/physics. That's a rarity nowadays.

duncan_idaho
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM

The offenses are extremely similar, and you'd know that if you were paying attention.

kU runs a lot of the same routes, from a lot of the same formations. The strategy in the passing game is very similar. Missouri uses wider splits, but even the blocking schemes are close to one another.

Oklahoma "exposed" Mizzou's OL because it the Sooners are loaded with kick-ass defensive linemen. It had nothing to do with the line splits. Illinois' line might be close to them on talent level, but Oklahoma had one of the two-three best d-lines in college football last year, and it will be up there again in 2008.

But don't worry, you'll find out on Oct. 18th how good Auston English, DeMarcus Granger, etc. are. Missouri's defensive line had great success against kU's offensive line. Oklahoma's will make mincemeat of it.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I am a proud graduate of the University of Kansas. It has served me very well. I'm not sure how others on this board are affiliated with "their schools" to be honest. Sports are fun, but it's not the why I attended KU. I didn't go to KU because they had a killer football/basketball/swimming team. I went there because they have a great aerospace engineering program. I'll talk smack on occasion, but it's just for fun. My concern about a 4-8 team or 11-1 team is ancillary and really not important in the big scheme of things. I don't hang my hat on the KU athletic department; I hang my hat on the KU/KSU (yeah, KSU) students who intern for our company. These schools turn out some great kids who are really interested in science/math/physics. That's a rarity nowadays.

Nice 180 there, Stooie. LMAO

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Right. A state with NO major cities. A tiny population. No professional sports teams. No points of interest. The only parts of Kansas that are worth a shit are suburbs of a city in another state.

Yeah, everybody knows your name, don't they?

You self-absorbed fools are endlessly amusing.

Major cities? Sports teams? Points of interest? This is how you define things? Are you related to Paris Hilton?

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Major cities? Sports teams? Points of interest? This is how you define things? Are you related to Paris Hilton?

No. Are you related to Skip?

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Nice 180 there, Stooie. LMAO

Huh?

Stewie
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
No. Are you related to Skip?

Nice comeback, Potsy.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Huh?

I was talking about how you retracted your nuts and went all corporate on me in the middle of a sports thread.

You go, girl.

Stewie
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
I was talking about how you retracted your nuts and went all corporate on me in the middle of a sports thread.

You go, girl.

I didn't retract anything. KU is a great school both academically and athletically. I emphasized the academics because they're lost in these discussions. The athletic department's accomplishments speak for themselves.

Bearcat
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Yeah, just another insignificant achievement...

Wait, what's that, chirping about some regular season game again? LMAO

Stewie
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM

You go, girl.

It's apparent you live vicariously through MU football to make up for your lack of, I don't know, SOMETHING?. Do you **** your boyfriend with another guy's dick?

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 04:48 PM
it's funny...

i think that kansas fans started to think that maybe they could become a football powerhouse in the north after last year...

however, they're quickly realizing that missouri is far superior this year and will have the recruitment edge on them next year... missouri is the new Big 12 North power, and it will remain that way.

missouri produces high school football talent. kansas does not. and the days of top missouri talent leaving for nebraska are over.

nearly every starter (with the exception of daniel) of the vaunted offense last year was in-state talent. this year's spring roster depth chart had 7/11 starters listed from missouri...

we're talking about producing guys like Martin Rucker, Will Franklin, Tony Temple, Chase Coffman, Jeremy Maclin, William Moore.

kansas has zero in-state talent

kansas fooball < MISSOURI FOOTBALL

xen
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
it's funny...

i think that kansas fans started to think that maybe they could become a football powerhouse in the north after last year...

however, they're quickly realizing that missouri is far superior this year and will have the recruitment edge on them next year... missouri is the new Big 12 North power, and it will remain that way.

missouri produces high school football talent. kansas does not. and the days of top missouri talent leaving for nebraska are over.

nearly every starter (with the exception of daniel) of the vaunted offense last year was in-state talent. this year's spring roster depth chart had 7/11 starters listed from missouri...

we're talking about producing guys like Martin Rucker, Will Franklin, Tony Temple, Chase Coffman, Jeremy Maclin, William Moore.

hello nail. say hi to hammer.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
hello nail. say hi to hammer.He hasn't been here long enough for anyone to really care about his opinion or get too riled up about it.

We'll have to see if he's even still posting when football season comes around.

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
He hasn't been here long enough for anyone to really care about his opinion or get too riled up about it.

...says the guy who's been here a whopping 9 months...

Pablo
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
...says the guy who's been here a whopping 9 months...stfu n00b.

You made me do it. I didn't want to.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
It's apparent you live vicariously through MU football to make up for your lack of, I don't know, SOMETHING?. Do you **** your boyfriend with another guy's dick?

LMAO

You clearly don't suffer from lack of a KUnt, do you?

Pablo
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
LMAO

You clearly don't suffer from lack of a KUnt, do you?That queer in your avatar has a pretty sweet stache.

It screams "child molester".

Frazod
07-22-2008, 05:59 PM
That queer in your avatar has a pretty sweet stache.

It screams "child molester".

Nah. He just loved good BBQ.

Tits McGee
07-22-2008, 07:16 PM
What's wrong with a sweet stache?

Tits McGee
07-22-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm buying those precious ku/mu tickets in the ku alumni section..........I'll be the one passing out tissues for everyone to get a good cry out of their system.

alanm
07-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I guess that would make their 1st loss Oct 4th. :D

alanm
07-22-2008, 08:11 PM
it's funny...

Please.. You're embarrassing yourself.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-22-2008, 08:24 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Just when you think ESPN can not get any lamer they come up with titletown.

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Please.. You're embarrassing yourself.

elaborate please...

Al Bundy
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
I loved going to this game last year and I can't wait to go to it again this year.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 11:02 PM
elaborate please...

I think what he's saying is that we're a bit premature in declaring ourselves Kings of the North, and that Nebraska may have something to say about it.

While I (obviously) have zero respect for Kansas, I don't expect Nebraska to stay down for long. Opening the conference schedule against them in Lincoln can certainly not be considered a guaranteed win. They'll have had months to think about their epic suckage last year, and we'll be their first true chance to atone.

SPATCH
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I think what he's saying is that we're a bit premature in declaring ourselves Kings of the North, and that Nebraska may have something to say about it.

While I (obviously) have zero respect for Kansas, I don't expect Nebraska to stay down for long. Opening the conference schedule against them in Lincoln can certainly not be considered a guaranteed win. They'll have had months to think about their epic suckage last year, and we'll be their first true chance to atone.

very true... and bo pelini was an awesome hire... but i just don't see top offensive recruits in the midwest choosing nebraska over missouri anymore..

i have a lot of respect for the blackshirts.. but they've left the door open over the last few years for someone to step up and be a new power. missouri has their foot firmly in that door...

if nebraska rises again (like i assume they will), they won't be able to bully everybody in the north around anymore.

remember that missouri can rest their hat on top in-state recruits now... nebraska can't. and with rapidly growing recruitment in texas, i don't think i'm embarrassing myself when i say that missouri is turning into an elite program..

Ari Chi3fs
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
If Frazod was such a Mizzou fan, he would gone to college at Mizzou.

I went to KU.

So, regardless, I win.

HolyHandgernade
07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
elaborate please...

This is just silly from more angles than I care to count. First of all, KU's season took most KU fans by as much suprise as it did the rest of the nation. I think most KU fans think we can be competitive now, as opposed to a doormat program with a "nice" season every once and a while. Powerhouses are programs with lots of tradition, lots of money, and lots of homegrown prospects in talent rich areas. So, I think you are creating a bit of a stawman and then attributing it to "kansas fans". How about you don't think for KU fans, we certainly don't want to for you. Feel free to quote KU fans, but please don't speak for us in some general homogenous sense.

Yes, because that's what we KU fans do, obsess on the "superiority" of Mizzery. I don't know if you realize this, but we don't recruit Missouri hard for prospects. I mean sure, if a top prospect makes it known he likes the program, I'm sure we'll go after him. But, it looks like Mangino's pattern has been in-state/Oklahoma/Texas for the bulk of their work. All your talk reminds me of the "Decade of Dominance" from K-State. At least they won a Big 12 championship. So, why don't you win "something" before you talk about your "staying power". I'm not blind, Mizzou has a good looking team, but come on.......

Once again, you are assuming Missouri was our top priority. You are assuming every boy who grows up in Missouri wants to stay there. You are assuming that you will win every bowl game you go to. Admire your enthusiasm, but please, you are placing an importance in an area that really isn't a priority. Once Nebraska gets back, they'll command their share. If KU keeps winning, they'll command their's as well. Same for Colorado. If Missouri goes out and wins a national championship, then your crowing will have some more teeth to it, until then, as was pointed out earlier, you're embarrasing yourself...and you don't realise it.

With the exception of Daniel! I hate to break it to you, but QB's are what makes college offenses go. If you got a special one, you're going to win a lot of games. Missouri produces talent, there's no question. But if Illinois continues to do well, Missouri won't keep "everybody".

What do you mean? Like ever? Heard of Barry Sanders? He was pretty good. Look, I'm with ya on the whole Kansas athletics scene, the governing body there is just atrocious and behind the times. But zero? With two instituions in the state? I know you are proud to be a Missourian an all, but come on, there's more talent in states like Texas and Florida and California that even with all the schools in that state, there still overflowing. There's so many things that can happen, a freak injury to a star player, a bad string of losses in bowl games, and all of a sudden your established North power doesn't seem so strong.

So, by all means, talk up your home grown superheroes, I'm enjoying all the boasting. Because when November rolls around all the pressure is going to be on the Missouri side, in a neutral field, with a hated rival bent on revenge for their only loss last season. If that team doesn't pull through, the psychological damage will be immense. The "presence" that some force hates Missouri and will always hand them crushing defeats will build, and all your prize home grown talent will run from the stench of it. :#

Mwa ha ha ha ha!

-HH

SPATCH
07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
HH, i like how you tap danced around everything and didn't really say anything...

here's the point i'm trying to make... out of all the states that contain big 12 teams, texas is exponentially the greatest when it comes to high school football... after that, which state has the best high school football?

Oklahoma? Nebraska? Kansas? Iowa? Colorado?

Missouri is out-producing all of them right now, and now they have an edge in recruitment over all those other big 12 schools...

a few years ago, five-star quarterback recruit Josh Freeman (from Missouri) chose K-State over Missouri... this year, five-star quarterback recruit Blaine Gabbert (from Missouri) chooses Missouri over virtually every other school in the north.

and our influence in texas is gaining momentum (so is kansas' too apparently)

HolyHandgernade
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
HH, i like how you tap danced around everything and didn't really say anything...

here's the point i'm trying to make... out of all the states that contain big 12 teams, texas is exponentially the greatest when it comes to high school football... after that, which state has the best high school football?

Oklahoma? Nebraska? Kansas? Iowa? Colorado?

Missouri is out-producing all of them right now, and now they have an edge in recruitment over all those other big 12 schools...

a few years ago, five-star quarterback recruit Josh Freeman (from Missouri) chose K-State over Missouri... this year, five-star quarterback recruit Blaine Gabbert (from Missouri) chooses Missouri over virtually every other school in the north.

and our influence in texas is gaining momentum (so is kansas' too apparently)

That may be so, a home institution should have the advantage. But that's no reason why every major recruit in Missouri is going to pick the Tigers. Maybe he wants to play in the SEC of Big 10, you got states bordering yours that can accomodate that. I'm not tap dancing around anything, Missouri has talent, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Coaches recruit their system, kids understand what sytem benfits them the best. If (hypothetically) the top pro style QB resides in Missouri, but isn't a fit for the Tiger's spread attack, you're probably not going to get him. If your point was about high schools producing talent, why start it off with what KU fans supposedly "think"? KU has always had to recruit nationally in basketball, and I'm sure they'll pursue a similar path with football (probably more regionally than nationally). As long as there's enough talent to go around, I just don't think its going to make quite the impact you think it is. It might, but I certainly wouldn't list it as the reason Mizzou is the new North power for years to come.

-HH

SPATCH
07-23-2008, 01:17 AM
That may be so, a home institution should have the advantage. But that's no reason why every major recruit in Missouri is going to pick the Tigers. Maybe he wants to play in the SEC of Big 10, you got states bordering yours that can accomodate that. I'm not tap dancing around anything, Missouri has talent, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Coaches recruit their system, kids understand what sytem benfits them the best. If (hypothetically) the top pro style QB resides in Missouri, but isn't a fit for the Tiger's spread attack, you're probably not going to get him. If your point was about high schools producing talent, why start it off with what KU fans supposedly "think"? KU has always had to recruit nationally in basketball, and I'm sure they'll pursue a similar path with football (probably more regionally than nationally). As long as there's enough talent to go around, I just don't think its going to make quite the impact you think it is. It might, but I certainly wouldn't list it as the reason Mizzou is the new North power for years to come.

-HH

it certainly won't hurt

HolyHandgernade
07-23-2008, 04:03 AM
it certainly won't hurt

No, no, it certainly won't. I don't watch alot of high school football, and although I know services that do with their star rankings have their fans as well as detractors, I really have no other standard to go by. So I was curious about the talent in the two states according to Rivals. They list a top 30 for MO and top 15 for KS, so we already have an impression that there are more division one athletes in MO.

MO has three 4* recruits. MU got #2, Ill got #3, and #1 is still undecided
MO has 12 3* recruits. MU got eight of those (KU got the #11 recruit)
The rest are 2*, but I'll stop there since KS only has a top 15

KS has one 5* recruit (which KU wasn't able to snag)
KS had no 4* recruits but 6 3* recruits, of which, KU snagged 2 of (OU got two others and two are still undecided

So we can determine that the statement that KS produces "zero talent" is untrue, as it produced the only 5* athlete between the two states. MO absolutely has more top prospects (3* and above) to choose from, but of the top talent (4*) only one (so far) is going to MU.

Of course, there's two main ways of building a program, you ink the best recruits out of high school or you develop talent that hasn't yet reached its potential. So, all this star business isn't necessarily an absolute way of determining how successful a given school's program is going to be. A prgram with higher rated high school recruits may have less upside to develop while a school that develops players may have a better program depending on when those players mature. Ideally, you have a nice mix of the two.

Just for fun, let's look at some of the other states you mentioned:

OK:

no 5* athletes
six 4* athletes (3 undecided, 3 staying in state)
eighteen 3* athletes

I'd say OK has as much if not more talent than MO

NE

no 5 or 4* athletes
four 3* athletes (2 undecided, 1 to KU)

IA

No 5* athletes
three 4* athletes (3 undecided, 1 to Iowa)
one 3* athlete (to ISU)

CO

no 5* athletes
one 4* athlete (undecided)
seven 3* athletes (4 undecided, 3 out of state)

So, out of that grouping, KS was the only one to produce a 5* athlete. OK and MO had the most prospects.

TX

4 5* athletes
thirty-three 4* athletes
sixty-three 3* athletes (may be more, but they stop after 100)

If we look at who is making the lists between KS and MO of undecided recruits in other states:

OK:

KU: (one 4*; seven 3* plus one committed to KU)
MU: (one 4*; one 3*)

NE:

KU: (two 3* plus one committed to KU)
MU: (none)

IA:

KU: (two 4*; one 3*)
MU: (one 4*)

CO:

KU: (none)

TX

KU: (five 4* plus one commit; nineteen 3* plus 2 commits)
MU: (five 4*; five 3* plus 1 commit)

From this analysis, I would conclude that while MU certainly has a good talent base to focus on in MO, KU has really branched out in each of the surrounding states (save CO) to make a go at the top prospects in each. Of course, this in no way speaks to genuine level of interest of any of those recruits, but it does allow you to see where the recruiting philosophies lie in KU and MU. For those reasons, I just don't think comparing the high school talent pools of those respective states is a good indication as to who will rule the roost for the majority of years in the North division.

-HH

DJay23
07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
No, no, it certainly won't. I don't watch alot of high school football, and although I know services that do with their star rankings have their fans as well as detractors, I really have no other standard to go by. So I was curious about the talent in the two states according to Rivals. They list a top 30 for MO and top 15 for KS, so we already have an impression that there are more division one athletes in MO.

MO has three 4* recruits. MU got #2, Ill got #3, and #1 is still undecided
MO has 12 3* recruits. MU got eight of those (KU got the #11 recruit)
The rest are 2*, but I'll stop there since KS only has a top 15

KS has one 5* recruit (which KU wasn't able to snag)
KS had no 4* recruits but 6 3* recruits, of which, KU snagged 2 of (OU got two others and two are still undecided

So we can determine that the statement that KS produces "zero talent" is untrue, as it produced the only 5* athlete between the two states. MO absolutely has more top prospects (3* and above) to choose from, but of the top talent (4*) only one (so far) is going to MU.

Of course, there's two main ways of building a program, you ink the best recruits out of high school or you develop talent that hasn't yet reached its potential. So, all this star business isn't necessarily an absolute way of determining how successful a given school's program is going to be. A prgram with higher rated high school recruits may have less upside to develop while a school that develops players may have a better program depending on when those players mature. Ideally, you have a nice mix of the two.

Just for fun, let's look at some of the other states you mentioned:

OK:

no 5* athletes
six 4* athletes (3 undecided, 3 staying in state)
eighteen 3* athletes

I'd say OK has as much if not more talent than MO

NE

no 5 or 4* athletes
four 3* athletes (2 undecided, 1 to KU)

IA

No 5* athletes
three 4* athletes (3 undecided, 1 to Iowa)
one 3* athlete (to ISU)

CO

no 5* athletes
one 4* athlete (undecided)
seven 3* athletes (4 undecided, 3 out of state)

So, out of that grouping, KS was the only one to produce a 5* athlete. OK and MO had the most prospects.

TX

4 5* athletes
thirty-three 4* athletes
sixty-three 3* athletes (may be more, but they stop after 100)

If we look at who is making the lists between KS and MO of undecided recruits in other states:

OK:

KU: (one 4*; seven 3* plus one committed to KU)
MU: (one 4*; one 3*)

NE:

KU: (two 3* plus one committed to KU)

IA:

KU: (two 4*; one 3*)
MU: (one 4*)

CO:

KU: (none)

TX

KU: (five 4* plus one commit; nineteen 3* plus 2 commits)
MU: (five 4*; five 3* plus 1 commit)

From this analysis, I would conclude that while MU certainly has a good talent base to focus on in MO, KU has really branched out in each of the surrounding states (save CO) to make a go at the top prospects in each. Of course, this in no way speaks to genuine level of interest of any of those recruits, but it does allow you to see where the recruiting philosophies lie in KU and MU. For those reasons, I just don't think comparing the high school talent pools of those respective states is a good indication as to who will rule the roost for the majority of years in the North division.

-HH

Wow!

Great work and very interesting!

kepp
07-23-2008, 06:49 AM
He hasn't been here long enough for anyone to really care about his opinion or get too riled up about it.

Translation: "I, uh...have no valid response, but...er...ROCKCHALK GO KU HOOPS!!!11!"

luv
07-23-2008, 07:31 AM
I see no one has offered to buy me tickets to the game. What's the point in selling them if no one buys them?

Frazod
07-23-2008, 08:01 AM

I went to KU.

So, regardless, I win.

Well, some of us had to work for a living. Serve our country. Protect all you pampered little homos.

I wonder how many dicks you'd suck to avoid doing an honest day's work.

gblowfish
07-23-2008, 08:29 AM

I went to KU.

So, regardless, I win.

That's elitist garbage and you know it.

Frazod
07-23-2008, 08:35 AM
That's elitist garbage and you know it.

It's all he's got.

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM
It's all he's got.Now that is priceless.

bcs is a broken system - ku sucks - you're all facist homos

That's all you have and it is sad indeed.

Pablo
07-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Translation: "I, uh...have no valid response, but...er...ROCKCHALK GO KU HOOPS!!!11!"At least you had a valid response to my invalid response, correct?

Tits McGee
08-05-2008, 01:16 AM
I can't make this stuff up!!!
MU RUNNING LOW ON TICKETS: For the Border War against Kansas at Arrowhead Stadium that is.
That’s why unofficial word has gone out to booster groups that it might be smart for MU fans to take advantage of the on-going sale of tickets from KU rather than wait for MU’s remaining alottment of tickets to go on sale through Ticketmaster by Aug. 18.
That’s because Missouri may have no tickets left to sell from its allotment of 30,000.
“Right now I can’t give you a clear answer,” said Mark Alnutt, associate athletic director. “If they is (a public sale), it might be so limited.”
Many MU fans have peppered Internet message boards with claims of buying tickets in bulk from the KU online ticket office since Border War tickets went on sale at 9 a.m. last Friday.
As of 8:30 p.m. on Monday, it was still possible to buy as many as 10 tickets in a row from the KU online site (http://kuathletics.cstv.com and navigate to online tickets) at $35 each in the upper level reserved section of Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas, like Missouri, took an allotment of 30,000 tickets.
About 20,000 were taken by the Chiefs for sale to their season ticket holders and other groups.
A year ago MU had a ticket allotment of only 16,000 but still managed an approximate 60-40 split in fans in the stands, according to MU officials.

Moobs
08-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Well, some of us had to work for a living. Serve our country. Protect all you pampered little homos.

I wonder how many dicks you'd suck to avoid doing an honest day's work.

People who go to college are pampered?

Skip Towne
08-05-2008, 06:36 AM

They pampered me with the G. I. Bill so I was able to go to college after I served in the Air Force.

Que Card QB
08-05-2008, 06:54 AM
When can Chiefs season ticket holders sell theirs on eBay?

kepp
08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
I can't make this stuff up!!!
MU RUNNING LOW ON TICKETS: For the Border War against Kansas at Arrowhead Stadium that is.
That’s why unofficial word has gone out to booster groups that it might be smart for MU fans to take advantage of the on-going sale of tickets from KU rather than wait for MU’s remaining alottment of tickets to go on sale through Ticketmaster by Aug. 18.
That’s because Missouri may have no tickets left to sell from its allotment of 30,000.
“Right now I can’t give you a clear answer,” said Mark Alnutt, associate athletic director. “If they is (a public sale), it might be so limited.”
Many MU fans have peppered Internet message boards with claims of buying tickets in bulk from the KU online ticket office since Border War tickets went on sale at 9 a.m. last Friday.
As of 8:30 p.m. on Monday, it was still possible to buy as many as 10 tickets in a row from the KU online site (http://kuathletics.cstv.com and navigate to online tickets) at $35 each in the upper level reserved section of Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas, like Missouri, took an allotment of 30,000 tickets.
About 20,000 were taken by the Chiefs for sale to their season ticket holders and other groups.
A year ago MU had a ticket allotment of only 16,000 but still managed an approximate 60-40 split in fans in the stands, according to MU officials.

Sweet...I just got two. Thanks KU fans.

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Sweet...I just got two. Thanks KU fans.

LMFAO i just got 2 as well, thanks KU fans!

HolyHandgernade
08-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Sure, thanks for supporting the KU athletics department.

-HH

Rausch
08-05-2008, 10:55 AM

I'd agree.

Most I knew didn't have to shoulder the cost...

kepp
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Sure, thanks for supporting the KU athletics department.

-HH

Yep, it's "just business" for KU fans. We're actually loyal to our team.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Stupid MU fans.

By selling all the KU tickets and filling the stadium with black and gold it's playing right into KU's hands because they make a ton of money they can't spend to get players...

:spock:

Reerun_KC
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Really? Loyal since when? Sept of 2007? Before that I dont recall this much squawking about the Tiggers...

Funny how a winning season changing the loyalty of fans... And before you start crying foul, KU fans are just as bandwagonish as Tigger fans...

:Poke:So dont go there....

tomahawk kid
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Really? Loyal since when? Sept of 2007? Before that I dont recall this much squawking about the Tiggers...

Funny how a winning season changing the loyalty of fans... And before you start crying foul, KU fans are just as bandwagonish as Tigger fans...

:Poke:So dont go there....

Missouri has consistently averaged over 55k per home game when they were winning 2-5 games a season. Calling MU fans bandwagon is laughable and shows a lack of homework done on your part.

The worst kept secret ever is that MU is historically a football school and didn't pay much attention to hoops until Norm's arrival coincided with Devine's departure in the early seventies.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
The worst kept secret ever is that MU is historically a football school and didn't pay much attention to hoops until Norm's arrival coincided with Devine's departure in the early seventies.

And have returned to not really giving a $#it...

CoMoChief
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Missouri has consistently averaged over 55k per home game when they were winning 2-5 games a season. Calling MU fans bandwagon is laughable and shows a lack of homework done on your part.

Historically a football school that's never done much until as of recently.

Lzen
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM

Consistently averaged over 55k when they were only winning 2-5 games a season? You got proof of this? Not that I don't believe you but........well, that is pretty amazing if true.

Rausch
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Consistently averaged over 55k when they were only winning 2-5 games a season? You got proof of this? Not that I don't believe you but........well, that is pretty amazing if true.

True.

But much like KC I'd argue sold but not necessarily seated...

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I wonder how much i could make getting a few extra tickets and ebaying them a week or 2 before the game hmm

it could help pay for my winter classes, yes

siberian khatru
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Well, to be fair, the number got inflated by those 50,000 Nebraska fans who showed up every other year.

kepp
08-05-2008, 12:13 PM
..playing right into KU's hands because they make a ton of money...

Exactly like I said...business.

And, while I can't speak for the loyalty of other MU fans, I've been a fan since childhood, through good and bad.

markk
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I wonder how much i could make getting a few extra tickets and ebaying them a week or 2 before the game hmm

it could help pay for my winter classes, yes

they aren't going to be worth as much it's not a #1/#2 game. it will be probably a 1 or 2 loss team against a 3 or 4 loss team

Rausch
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM

And, while I can't speak for the loyalty of other MU fans, I've been a fan since childhood, through good and bad.

I'll give you that.

I haven't.

MU sucked for so long I didn't bother. They were "our" team but there was no point. They had sucked and sucked and became the definiton of suck.

But I was a football fan and finally settled on Bowden's 'Noles. Defensive team, fought for every win, never gave up. I gained respect for those early-mid 90's teams.

But what the Tigers did last year? That's like hearing the neighborhood nerd killed 200 at Normandy before he fell. It's the homely girl down the street winning Mrs. America. It's a broke single mother struggling to find a way to pay for college and winning the lottery.

It just doesn't happen.

And I think a lot of the front-runner MU fans you see now are just that: people hoping for a local version of the Miracle On Ice.

I know I'm guilty...:)

Sure-Oz
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I've been an MU football and Basketball fan since the early 90's when i learned about sports in general. No bandwagon shit here

kepp
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Wait a minute. I'm not caught in a dastardly, two-year KU plan to fleece MU fans out of hard-earned money am I? That sneaky Lew.

tomahawk kid
08-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Historically a football school that's never done much until as of recently.

Before using the word "historically" again check Devine's records and bowl appearances from the sixties, not to mention Don Faurot's teams before that.

tomahawk kid
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Okay - I could only pull data back to 1998 from the NCAA website, but there's some pretty bad seasons in here. Not quite 55k, but close.

Average Attendance - Missouri

1998 - 57,335
1999 - 58,374
2000 - 53,600
2001 - 52,583
2002 - 52,723
2003 - 53,274
2004 - no data
2005 - 53,364
2006 - 55,918

kstater
08-05-2008, 04:38 PM

True.

But much like KC I'd argue sold but not necessarily seated...

Well, to be fair, the number got inflated by those 50,000 Nebraska fans who showed up every other year.

Ummm, I remember going to the MU/KSU game in Columbia in 2000. We showed up at kickoff, walked down to the 50 yard line and grabbed a seat. I'm pretty sure there were a lot more KSU fans than the few thousand MU fans there.

tomahawk kid
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Ummm, I remember going to the MU/KSU game in Columbia in 2000. We showed up at kickoff, walked down to the 50 yard line and grabbed a seat. I'm pretty sure there were a lot more KSU fans than the few thousand MU fans there.

Congrats, but there's not way there was more KSU fans there than MU fans.

I was at that game and that just isn't the case.

HolyHandgernade
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM

Well, I wouldn't speak for the loyalty of all KU fans either, but when I attended, I went to every home football game, that's the '88-'90 seasons. Not exactly what we call the "revenue generator days". I'd love to attend now, unfortunately, constraints make that impossible. Glad to see they are doing so well now, athletically and financially. Again, thank you for supporting KU athletics.

-HH

Lzen
08-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Interesting.

BTW, sounds like there were only a couple or three thousand tix available to the general public.

There will be no sale of Border War football tickets to the general public by Missouri, MU associate athletic director Mark Alnutt has confirmed to The Star.

“The Chiefs do not have any for public sale either,” Alnutt said.

That leaves Kansas as the only source for the public to buy tickets, but as of Wednesday night, only single tickets remained for sale at the KU Athletics Web site, www.kuathletics.com (http://www.kuathletics.com).

Last week, Alnutt warned that Missouri’s allotment of 30,000 tickets might be insufficient to warrant a planned Monday sale to the public through Ticketmaster.com. In light of that, Missouri fans have been buying tickets from KU’s allotment of 30,000 tickets for the Nov. 29 game at Arrowhead Stadium.

Jim Marchiony, Kansas associate athletic director for external relations, told The Star on Wednesday evening that only 100 to 150 single tickets remained for sale through KU. He said the school had offered its Williams Fund ticket holders the first crack at KU’s allotment.

“Ninety to 95 percent were gone by the time we made them available to the general public,” Marchiony said.

He said that KU was holding back 3,000 tickets for students to purchase once they return to campus.
The Chiefs, Alnutt said, hold an allotment of 20,000 tickets, those available first to season-ticket holders and special-interest groups associated with the NFL club.

The few remaining tickets from Missouri’s allotment, Alnutt said, are being reserved for Tiger Scholarship Fund contributors and other financial boosters. The rest have been purchased through the student ticket program and by scholarship fund members.
KC Star* (http://www.kansascity.com/166/story/747527.html)

BigRedChief
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I've been an MU football and Basketball fan since the early 90's when i learned about sports in general. No bandwagon shit here
My son plays with Mizzou's hot shot signee LB on his high school football team at Lees Summit West.

He got the full ride scholorship as a junior and despite having an acl injury at the time.

Picked Mizzou over Michigan, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State and USC to name a few. He's a beast 6'3" 245 and is very quick to the outside.

|Zach|
08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
My son plays with Mizzou's hot shot signee LB on his high school football team at Lees Summit West.

He got the full ride scholorship as a junior and despite having an acl injury at the time.

Picked Mizzou over Michigan, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State and USC to name a few. He's a beast 6'3" 245 and is very quick to the outside.

Just got word I am covering the Blue Springs \ LSW game. Maybe I will see you out there.

BigRedChief
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Just got word I am covering the Blue Springs \ LSW game. Maybe I will see you out there.
Finally, your gonna get your butts kicked on your home turf. But the LB thats going to mizzou won't be there because he's suspended for 2 games for chewing tobacco.

Stewie
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Sell the hype and fleece the fan early.

Don't you know this is going to be the greatest game ever?! MU is SO awesome it's like watching the first landing on the moon! Spend your MONEY!!! [/Carl Peterson]

KcMizzou
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Sell the hype and fleece the fan early.

Don't you know this is going to be the greatest game ever?! MU is SO awesome it's like watching the first landing on the moon! Spend your MONEY!!! [/Carl Peterson]Damn right. Got my tickets Wednesday.

Sure-Oz
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, ordered them awhile ago when i first saw that they were being sold from KU

KcMizzou
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, ordered them awhile ago when i first saw that they were being sold from KUWell, yeah... I don't actually have them yet, but they're paid for.

Sure-Oz
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, yeah... I don't actually have them yet, but they're paid for.

Oh ok, lol, i wonder when they will arrive?! Mine are already paid for as well