PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, what was JA referring to when he was on ESPN?

Silock
07-21-2008, 01:09 AM
I saw some clip and he was flaming the Chiefs front office, but to what was he referring?

Fruit Ninja
07-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Without ever see'ing it, i am going to go out on a limb here and say King Carl.

Jewish Rabbi
07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
There could be several things he's referring to. That's not good, either.

SPchief
07-21-2008, 02:35 AM
There could be several things he's referring to. That's not good, either.

lame

Silock
07-21-2008, 03:34 AM
He made some vague references to broken promises or something and the front office crying "Wolf!" but I really don't know what he means.

Promising to field a contender? Get him some help on D? I dunno.

Saggysack
07-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Eh, JA still crying over spilled milk? Did he not get the pay day he wanted? What the hell does he have to whine about? Seriously. Move the **** on already!

Just another reason to chalk up to how immature he still is.

Count Alex's Wins
07-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Jared has felt he was lied to since the end of the 2007 season.

My guess is Carl told him he'd sign him long-term if he kept his nose clean. For whatever reason that fell through.

Jayhawkerman2001
07-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Eh, JA still crying over spilled milk? Did he not get the pay day he wanted? What the hell does he have to whine about? Seriously. Move the **** on already!

Just another reason to chalk up to how immature he still is.

hah, how much is Carl paying you?

Third Eye
07-21-2008, 05:04 AM

As much as I hate King Carl, he has a point. JA was loved by the fans while he was here, and now he has a huge paycheck and a chance to be on a "contender" like he wanted. What the hell does he have to bitch about?

Saggysack
07-21-2008, 05:38 AM

Not enough. More than you. Nothing. Too much.

That answer your question?

beach tribe
07-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Probably something to do with him wanting to remain a Chief, and being lied to, and betrayed?

BigRedChief
07-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Yes, I know for a fact that after the 2nd DWI he was told by the Chiefs that if he kept his life on the straight and narrow, got involved in the community there would be a long term contract offered.

Alphaman
07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Yes, I know for a fact that after the 2nd DWI he was told by the Chiefs that if he kept his life on the straight and narrow, got involved in the community there would be a long term contract offered.

The problem for Jared is that he thought that showing that for 1 season (not including an offseason) would be enough. The reality is that the Chiefs needed to see it for a longer period of time.

Chiefnj2
07-21-2008, 08:23 AM
As much as I hate King Carl, he has a point. JA was loved by the fans while he was here, and now he has a huge paycheck and a chance to be on a "contender" like he wanted. What the hell does he have to bitch about?

He doesn't have any reason to bitch. It's probably a case of a reporter continually asking about him and the Chiefs. It's then edited to look like one comment was the majority of the interview.

Swanman
07-21-2008, 08:29 AM
The problem for Jared is that he thought that showing that for 1 season (not including an offseason) would be enough. The reality is that the Chiefs needed to see it for a longer period of time.

That's a good assessment. Also, don't know if it was the wisest move to open a bar in that time. Opening a bar itself does not imply that he would be drinking, obviously, but it gives a weird appearance.

StcChief
07-21-2008, 09:02 AM
That's a good assessment. Also, don't know if it was the wisest move to open a bar in that time. Opening a bar itself does not imply that he would be drinking, obviously, but it gives a weird appearance.and with his contract in question....

he's probably bitter being let on and he likely lost some money on the bar deal

blueballs
07-21-2008, 09:48 AM
when Allen showed up to accept the Derrick Thomas Award in a tux shirt and jeans
he spit in the face of 2 Chief icons who have past away
a favorite son and the owner

KC Kings
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM

But when they asked him to get involved in the community, I don't think opening a bar is what they had in mind.

BigRedChief
07-21-2008, 09:55 AM
But when they asked him to get involved in the community, I don't think opening a bar is what they had in mind.
He's done a lot of charity work here in KC. Lots. More than any player on the team.

beach tribe
07-21-2008, 09:59 AM
He's done a lot of charity work here in KC. Lots. More than any player on the team.

Hell yeah, the mullet march. "that dude's got some sweet hair".

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 10:29 AM
i just wish JA would move the **** on. It done, you are somewhere else and dont have to worry about chiefs management. Talking the way he is, is just showing how immature he really is.

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Probably something to do with him wanting to remain a Chief, and being lied to, and betrayed?I agree completely. Our front office is headed up by a phony, who has no regard for the human element. Carl tells 'em what they want to hear and then he proceeds to pull the rug out from underneath them.