PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Irritating Neighbors...What Do You Do With Them??

petegz28
07-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Ok so the people who live behind me and across the street put in this 10ft lamp in their front yard. I hve a straight shot from by deck to their front door so I can see it plain as day. Anyhow I am thinking WTF man, that is too big for a house. So anyway later that night the light comes on.

HOLY JESUS!!! It was daytime at 10:00 at night!!! You have to actually have your sunglasses on to look straight on at the house the ****ing thing is so bright. I shit you not. This thing is much, much brighter than the streetlights. It looks like it is meant to be in a parking lot or something.

So I figure I have 2, well 2 legal choices.

1. Plant a tree and block the view
2. Complain to the homeowners association
3 (illegal) drive-by sling shot attack!!!

Amnorix
07-21-2008, 06:07 AM
First one in with the standard antifreeze option, though they probably won't lap it off the ground or anything.

BB gun target practice?

Demonpenz
07-21-2008, 06:13 AM
i hate those lamps. It makes it harder for me to break in

Fire Me Boy!
07-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Talk to the neighbors, first. See if they'd consider replacing the bulb with a dimmer one.

If that won't work, go to the homeowners association.

StcChief
07-21-2008, 06:18 AM
check you HOA that maybe illegal already? :shrug:

petegz28
07-21-2008, 06:34 AM
check you HOA that maybe illegal already? :shrug:

Only thing that would come close I think is we are not allowed to erect poles (ROFL) without approval.

Rausch
07-21-2008, 06:41 AM
BB gun target practice?

Yup.

We did that to the neighbors motion lights when I was a teen.

If you walked on the sidewalk between the houses it looked like the Moon site on 2001...

pikesome
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
BB gun target practice?

That's the first thing that popped in to my mind.

Does that make me a bad person?

Rausch
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Only thing that would come close I think is we are not allowed to erect poles (ROFL) without approval.

Really?

Does that rule out DTV/DISH?...

Fairplay
07-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Talk to the neighbors, first. See if they'd consider replacing the bulb with a dimmer one.

Thats what you do.

Even better if you get a couple other neighbors to get together and approach him. That way they should feel pressured into doing the right thing.

Bwana
07-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Go over and tell them how much you apperciate their effort to raise your vitaman D level with the "bonus night light." Go on to explain that while you feel their light is impressive, it is inhibiting your blissful nights of sleep. If that doesn't work...........

:evil:

petegz28
07-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Really?

Does that rule out DTV/DISH?...

Satellites have to have approval. All are attached the houses out here.

Deberg_1990
07-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Ok so the people who live behind me and across the street put in this 10ft lamp in their front yard. I hve a straight shot from by deck to their front door so I can see it plain as day. Anyhow I am thinking WTF man, that is too big for a house. So anyway later that night the light comes on.

HOLY JESUS!!! It was daytime at 10:00 at night!!! You have to actually have your sunglasses on to look straight on at the house the ****ing thing is so bright. I shit you not. This thing is much, much brighter than the streetlights. It looks like it is beant to be in a parking lot or something.

So I figure I have 2, well 2 legal choices.

1. Plant a tree and block the view
2. Complain to the homeowners association
3 (illegal) drive-by sling shot attack!!!

Do you live in Dongers neighborhood?

Phobia
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM

No kidding. Why don't idiots communicate any longer? It would probably take a whole lot less effort than starting a thread.

Redrum_69
07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
I've got this irritating neighbor who constantly watches my house at night and stalks my wife and kids.

So then I install a 10 foot lamp in my yard to hopefully deter this imbicile.

And now hes posting on a chat board rather than talking to me about the situation.

The nerve of some neighbors....

StcChief
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
their illegal pole can stay if they put a shade on the side where you can't see it.

Extra Point
07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I've got this irritating neighbor who constantly watches my house at night and stalks my wife and kids.

So then I install a 10 foot lamp in my yard to hopefully deter this imbicile.

And now hes posting on a chat board rather than talking to me about the situation.

The nerve of some neighbors....

+ rep for Redrum_69: His mother should be proud of him, for making a funny between bathings.

Hog Farmer
07-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Give me their address, I'll keep them guessing with a constant supply of boar jis.

Chief Chief
07-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Heh, heh...you said "erect poles"...heh, heh.

The first thing you ask when you talk to the neighbors is where did they get the pole, who installed it, and how much did it cost. Then you go into your request(s) for them to change the bulb, the direction of the light, etc. If they ignore your requests and your HOA and/or city council and/or police force doesn't have the rights/balls to force any changes, then you have the information to buy an identical pole and show your neighbors the light.

But, really, if your neighbors had a shred of decency and common sense, they would spend a few bucks on a piece of aluminum and fashion it around the light source so the light would just reflect in their own yard and part of the street.

If nothing works for you, charge the neighborhood kids $1 apiece and put on a shadow puppet show using your hands and other parts of your anatomy.

Phobia
07-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Honestly, this is why you befriend your neighbors well before something like this happens. Now it's going to be awkward approaching him about this for you and they're probably going to get defensive unless you can handle it well.

I drive a diesel truck and apparently when I park it a certain spot on my driveway the fumes bother my neighbors. Obviously, I have to warm it up during the winter months and that's probably a nuisance for them. But since we're tight they just call my phone and ask me to move the truck. I comply, no questions asked because they're my neighbors and I care about them.

America has forgotten how to be neighborly and it's a flipp'n shame.

Hog Farmer
07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Honestly, this is why you befriend your neighbors well before something like this happens. Now it's going to be awkward approaching him about this for you and they're probably going to get defensive unless you can handle it well.

I drive a diesel truck and apparently when I park it a certain spot on my driveway the fumes bother my neighbors. Obviously, I have to warm it up during the winter months and that's probably a nuisance for them. But since we're tight they just call my phone and ask me to move the truck. I comply, no questions asked because they're my neighbors and I care about them.

America has forgotten how to be neighborly and it's a flipp'n shame.

Yes you can do that or just set their house on fire.