PDA

View Full Version : Economics OK Liberals, Fuel, Gas, etc. How high should we let it get to ?

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
The National Average on diesel today was 471.9. New England area was 486.9 and California a whopping 496.9.

Transportation cost are escalating due to fuel prices and I'll bet that most of you do not have a written clause that says every time the fuel rises , cost of living goes up, you get a raise to compensate for it.

Fuel is rising at record levels , since last year this date of time, diesel fuel is $ 1.829 per gallon more, Gas is up $ 110.6.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp

WHEN IS ENOUGH , ENOUGH ?

Come on democrats, please explain to us, What is Obama's plan to stop the rising cost of fuel ? A cost that affects all of us in our everyday life .

StcChief
07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
my guess is their ceiling is $5/gal gas $6/gal diesel

and then it will be a emergency CF political manuever against Bush

BucEyedPea
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
They want to nationalize it. Then ration it.
There will be no prices. It will be each according to their needs.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
my guess is their ceiling is $5/gal gas $6/gal diesel

and then it will be a emergency CF political manuever against Bush

FTR, IMHO, If Obama gets in the WH, you will see $ 7.00 diesel and $ 6.00 gas prices within a year. If he has his way with the coal industry, fuel will go farther and you will see crude oil for overseas import double what it is now 2012.

How's that for " CHANGE "............

dirk digler
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
The National Average on diesel today was 471.9. New England area was 486.9 and California a whopping 496.9.

Transportation cost are escalating due to fuel prices and I'll bet that most of you do not have a written clause that says every time the fuel rises , cost of living goes up, you get a raise to compensate for it.

Fuel is rising at record levels , since last year this date of time, diesel fuel is $ 1.829 per gallon more, Gas is up $ 110.6.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp

WHEN IS ENOUGH , ENOUGH ?

Come on democrats, please explain to us, What is Obama's plan to stop the rising cost of fuel ? A cost that affects all of us in our everyday life .

Maybe you haven't realized it but Obama isn't the POTUS..yet. Why don't you ask this question to the current POTUS since he is the one in charge when gas prices exploded.

The Buck stops at Bush.

penguinz
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Come on democrats, please explain to us, What is Obama's plan to stop the rising cost of fuel ? A cost that affects all of us in our everyday life .Come on republicans, please explain to us, what is your viable plan to stop the rising cost of fuel?

Amnorix
07-21-2008, 04:30 PM
They want to nationalize it. Then ration it.
There will be no prices. It will be each according to their needs.

Thanks. I didn't get that memo, but I'll get on the program asap.

Simply Red
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
:clap::cuss::mad::rolleyes::evil::spock::doh!:ROFL:shake::eek::(STFU

Amnorix
07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
How do Democrats get the blame for this when the Republicans have controlled everything for years, we have an "Oil Man" in the WH, another one as VP, and the price has skyrocketed under them?

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_adjusted_gasoline_price.jpg

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe you haven't realized it yet but Obama isn't the POTUS..yet. Why don't you ask this question to the current POTUS since he is the one in charge when gas prices exploded.

The Buck stops at Bush.

Not blaming BHO for the current prices, our current congress and president has allowed this to happen. BTA, we have allowed this to happen ourselves over thew last 30 years. It all started 30 plus years ago and nobody saw thew future of crude oil when we started to cap wells and close refineries. Bush and company gets the blame escalated so much in the last 8 years. Bottom line is , it wouldn't have mattered who was president, it was going to raise with the supply and demand and overseas prices. Would it have raised as much in the last 8 years, it's hard to say.

But it's clear we need to plan ahead a little better for the future. IMHO, I don't see Obama's vision as helping the cause before 2012.

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
How about using electric cars? More solar power? We've got the technology, it's the lobbyists that stall the process. Money talks and nobody in government has a set of balls amongst them. This isn't a partisan issue-it effects all walks of life and politics is the furthest thing from mind when I think of viable solutions. People need to put the politics aside and work together for the common good. It looks as though some would rather blame the other group, instead of looking for solutions amongst them.

dirk digler
07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Not blaming BHO for the current prices, our current congress and president has allowed this to happen. BTA, we have allowed this to happen ourselves over thew last 30 years. It all started 30 plus years ago and nobody saw thew future of crude oil when we started to cap wells and close refineries. Bush and company gets the blame escalated so much in the last 8 years. Bottom line is , it wouldn't have mattered who was president, it was going to raise with the supply and demand and overseas prices. Would it have raised as much in the last 8 years, it's hard to say.

But it's clear we need to plan ahead a little better for the future. IMHO, I don't see Obama's vision as helping the cause before 2012.

Ok that sounds better and I agree with you. Both sides have basically ****ed us. Clinton\Gore didn't do shit and Bush\Cheney haven't done shit and let's be honest there is no short term fix even more drilling is going to take 10 years at least.

Obama's plan has no short term fix it is all long-term. He believes like Gore does and now Boone Pickens that we need green energy like solar and wind to help solve this problem.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok that sounds better and I agree with you. Both sides have basically ****ed us. Clinton\Gore didn't do shit and Bush\Cheney haven't done shit and let's be honest there is no short term fix even more drilling is going to take 10 years at least.

Obama's plan has no short term fix it is all long-term. He believes like Gore does and now Boone Pickens that we need green energy like solar and wind to help solve this problem.

I've not seen a plan by Obama that is a clear cut attack method of reducing the energy cost of Americans yet.

He clearly doesn't want to drill , HERE . Just last week, oil dropped when Bush signed a meaningless bill to open offshore drilling.

Sure drilling takes time, but we do have some reserves capped off, and allowing the drilling to start will drop futures on oil right away. Some relief is a start. BHO opposes nuclear, that is a long term project and part of the solution.

Currently the wind farm projects I am currently working with transportation is a help, but not the answer.

BHO opposes more coal and wants to continue the emissions on it, which is fine, but let's do it slowly, we have a very large surplus of coal and oil shale in the country.

It will take a combined effort, a plan that we must continue striving forwards to attack an ever changing problem we American have created.

banyon
07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
BHO opposes more coal and wants to continue the emissions on it, which is fine, but let's do it slowly, we have a very large surplus of coal and oil shale in the country.

Obama does not oppose coal, that is one area I disagree with him on.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe you haven't realized it but Obama isn't the POTUS..yet. Why don't you ask this question to the current POTUS since he is the one in charge when gas prices exploded.

The Buck stops at Bush.
No no no, not god bless america god #### america.

Barack is flying around the world, he is President elect.

THe buck STARTS with Bush, he gets to pass the buck to barack Hussein.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Obama does not oppose coal, that is one area I disagree with him on.

Excuse me, he is all for limiting the use of coal due and coal restrictions for future emissions control. Look, we all want clean air and want to save the planet, but right now we must get out of the pickle we have put ourselves in from the last 30 + years.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Come on republicans, please explain to us, what is your viable plan to stop the rising cost of fuel?Drill, drill, drill.

banyon
07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Excuse me, he is all for limiting the use of coal due and coal restrictions for future emissions control. Look, we all want clean air and want to save the planet, but right now we must get out of the pickle we have put ourselves in from the last 30 + years.

Which is it? Does he oppose more coal or just coal that will add to CO2 emissions?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLWkxzWhpRw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xLWkxzWhpRw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

banyon
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Drill, drill, drill.

About as useful as screwing an old whore that's like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 05:01 PM
How do Democrats get the blame for this when the Republicans have controlled everything for years, we have an "Oil Man" in the WH, another one as VP, and the price has skyrocketed under them?

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_adjusted_gasoline_price.jpgBecause, the environazi's reside in the Democrat party exept for when Nader is running.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 05:02 PM
About as useful as screwing an old whore that's like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Umm, the oil you are burning now, when was it drilled?

max sleeper
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_adjusted_gasoline_price.jpg

:clap: Ok cons. how much clearer would this have to be put. Go Chiefs!!

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Drilling is fine, but we need to get passed having to use oil. Electric is an easy fix, but Big Oil wont allow it to happen. Too many lobbyists and special interest groups, add to that all the contribution money and these politians serve big money and not the people. The government is bought and paid for.

banyon
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Umm, the oil you are burning now, when was it drilled?

How should I know? It's not a Budweiser with a "born on date" when I pump it at the station.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Oil business in the U S was booming until 1973. It was then we started to see a big decrease in oil production and more imported oil. We screwed ourselves then, we capped off supplies and slowed down US production.

In 1981 I was living in So. Texas running my own truck in the oilfield industry. I saw it then the massive slow down and the guy I was working for told me that we ( the US ) would screw ourselves because of OPEC. Prices were low, Oil from OPEC was cheap, we could save our oil for later. We did, but the Arabs got smart and seen how valuable the oil was, we started paying more attention to the greenhouse effect and now look where we are at.

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Oil business in the U S was booming until 1973. It was then we started to see a big decrease in oil production and more imported oil. We screwed ourselves then, we capped off supplies and slowed down US production.

In 1981 I was living in So. Texas running my own truck in the oilfield industry. I saw it then the massive slow down and the guy I was working for told me that we ( the US ) would screw ourselves because of OPEC. Prices were low, Oil from OPEC was cheap, we could save our oil for later. We did, but the Arabs got smart and seen how valuable the oil was, we started paying more attention to the greenhouse effect and now look where we are at.
Driving big ass gas guzzlers is paying attention greenhouse effects? We got too comfortable and didn't have a viable solution to curb our appetite for oil.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 05:25 PM
How should I know? It's not a Budweiser with a "born on date" when I pump it at the station.Do you use logic at all?

That's right, I forgot, you are an elitist, and you WANT oil to be 8.00 a gallon so us plebians cannot get in the way of your Hummer.

THe shit has to be drilled in order for it to be available, any moron knows that, and yet you say some dumb ass shit like, "that is as usefull as screwing and old whore", to which I can only say, you would know.

Calcountry
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Driving big ass gas guzzlers is paying attention greenhouse effects? We got too comfortable and didn't have a viable solution to curb our appetite for oil.
The marketplace is dealing with that quite nicely right now.

We don't need Barack Insane Obama to FIX things.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 05:42 PM

Ya know, sure Americans like the conveniences of driving what we wish, going places, living the way we wish to live.

But back in the 60's, early 70's we drove cars that didn't get good gas mileage, we went places, done as we pleased. Gas was cheap then ....... why, we drilled and supplied our own. Sure the demand was less than what it is now, we are using twice as much as in the 70's,so we can expect some increase due to supply and demand.

But not this much ........ we have screwed ourselves and the politicians have lead us down this road. It's not just a Bush thing, it goes much deeper than that.

So yes, I agree, we did this to ourselves.

ROYC75
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Can BHO " CHANGE " the way Americans use our oil supplies ? Can he "CHANGE" the way we use our electricity ?

Or will he "CHANGE" our pockets with more taxes with the usual tax and spend method liberal democrats have used for years ?

I would like for somebody to outline his plan, I have yet to see any of his plans and or any of his discussions on how to defer the use of oil to curb the rising cost of energy in America.

banyon
07-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Do you use logic at all?

That's right, I forgot, you are an elitist, and you WANT oil to be 8.00 a gallon so us plebians cannot get in the way of your Hummer.

THe shit has to be drilled in order for it to be available, any moron knows that, and yet you say some dumb ass shit like, "that is as usefull as screwing and old whore", to which I can only say, you would know.

I was replying to your weird question.

I'll admit my analogy was a bit strained. Let's try it literally:

We don't have enough oil left to offset the rising demand from China and India.

That clear enough for ya?

tmax63
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Lets use California as a test bed for electric cars. Let everyone (minimum 50%) with a car to trade straight across for an electric car. Then watch when they have blackouts as everyone plugs them every night. America doesn't have the excess electricity or the capacity to produce enough for everyone to go electric. It will take a dedicated effort using more drilling and uncapping of wells, building some more nuke power plants, more wind and solar to get us out of this mess. Unfortunately, the politicians think just a piece of what is required (their piece) is what is needed.

BigChiefFan
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
The marketplace is dealing with that quite nicely right now.

We don't need Barack Insane Obama to FIX things.
No the day traders need their ****ing profit, thus creating market instability. The government allowed this to happen and look at the results.