PDA

View Full Version : Music Anybody going to see Steve winwood/Tom Petty tomorrow night

Nzoner
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
and want to say hey over a couple of beers at the KCPL?

Braincase
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Wife's working on a multimillion dollar grant proposal... until that hits the rack, I ain't doin' shit.

Nzoner
07-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Focking incredible show,Winwood went all the way back to Traffic and played Dear Mr Fantasy and Petty played Honey Bee.Just awesome,2 great artists doing what they do best and in the upper level at Sprint the joints were lit early and often,I felt like I was back at a show in the 70's with all the herb around me.

Reaper16
07-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Focking incredible show,Winwood went all the way back to Traffic and played Dear Mr Fantasy and Petty played Honey Bee.Just awesome,2 great artists doing what they do best and in the upper level at Sprint the joints were lit early and often,I felt like I was back at a show in the 70's with all the herb around me.
The third song that Steve played last night, "Dirty City," was ****ing brilliant. His guitar solos were amazing on that song... it was like David Gilmour magically appeared on stage.

Petty & the Heartbreakers were awesome, like they always are. "Saving Grace" and "Refugee" were positively incendiary last night. Those were the show-stoppers, imo. I marked out for "Honey Bee," and "Face In the Crowd" was a nice touch.

Reaper16
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
I would KILL to get an audio or video file of Winwood's performance of "Dirty City" from KC.

Nzoner
07-23-2008, 07:50 AM
The third song that Steve played last night, "Dirty City," was ****ing brilliant. His guitar solos were amazing on that song... it was like David Gilmour magically appeared on stage.

Petty & the Heartbreakers were awesome, like they always are. "Saving Grace" and "Refugee" were positively incendiary last night. Those were the show-stoppers, imo. I marked out for "Honey Bee," and "Face In the Crowd" was a nice touch.

Mystic Eyes was my favorite of the night by Petty.