PDA

View Full Version : General Politics So........ WTF was Glenn Beck subbing in for Larry King?

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Is Glenn Beck the 2nd stringer now to Larry King Live?

I honestly don't know if you could have made a worse selection if you tried.

He spent the entire hour doing his usual anti-Obama shill work and was an embarrassment to what has continued to be a classy program.

jAZ
07-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I didn't see it, but I heard about it this morning and wondered the same thing. More liberal media bias, I guess.

ClevelandBronco
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Is Glenn Beck the 2nd stringer now to Larry King Live?

I honestly don't know if you could have made a worse selection if you tried.

He spent the entire hour doing his usual anti-Obama shill work and was an embarrassment to what has continued to be a classy program.

Oh yeah. Larry and class have long been synonymous.

I'm not a big Beck fan. He's a shade liberal for my taste.

HolmeZz
07-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Did you hear Beck say Abraham Lincoln was a terrible public speaker? You should've seen the look on David Gergen's face.

I'm amazed you can be so stupid and get put on TV.

Guru
07-22-2008, 01:11 AM
This is funny stuff. I can actually say I enjoy the program for a change.

HolmeZz
07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm surprised David Frum has the balls to call anyone boring, much less Obama.

Guru
07-22-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm surprised David Frum has the balls to call anyone boring, much less Obama.

I can't keep the two Davids straight. has the Lincoln comment come up yet on this rebroadcast? Been listening for it but work does distract every now and then.

Just caught it. I don't know enough about Lincoln and his speaking to comment other than it is only his opinion.

That Jamal guy won't answer a straight question to save his life though.

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 06:02 AM
I'm not a big Beck fan. He's a shade liberal for my taste.
He opened the show saying "Hey, I'm a conservative. I'll do my best to be fair, but so long as you know about my bias."

bkkcoh
07-22-2008, 06:12 AM
He opened the show saying "Hey, I'm a conservative. I'll do my best to be fair, but so long as you know about my bias."

Glenn Beck is quite entertaining. He is a lot different then Rush. At least he came out and stated which side of the fence he was on.

This is funny stuff. I can actually say I enjoy the program for a change.

As he says, give him 6 weeks to 6 months to determine whether or not you like his show, maybe not him, but his show.

Did you hear Beck say Abraham Lincoln was a terrible public speaker? You should've seen the look on David Gergen's face.

I'm amazed you can be so stupid and get put on TV.

I haven't heard any speeches that Lincoln gave, only read them. Who really knows is he was good at delivering the speeches or not. I bet if you would listen to some of Bush's speeches given by someone else, Bush's opponents would have a different perspective.

patteeu
07-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Larry King could have retired several years ago and I wouldn't have noticed. Only Greta Van Sustern has a more boring show.

HolmeZz
07-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I haven't heard any speeches that Lincoln gave, only read them. Who really knows is he was good at delivering the speeches or not.

Apparently Glenn Beck does. And it would be totally unlike Glenn Beck to pull an opinion completely out of his ass.

The fact is there've been tons of books written on Lincoln's speaking ability alone. To baselessly suggest the opposite of all the material we do have pretty much encapsulates Beck and his 'intelligence'.

Guru
07-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Apparently Glenn Beck does. And it would be totally unlike Glenn Beck to pull an opinion completely out of his ass.

The fact is there've been tons of books written on Lincoln's speaking ability alone. To baselessly suggest the opposite of all the material we do have pretty much encapsulates Beck and his 'intelligence'.

Seems like I have heard him state that on his show as well. Don't know what it stems from really. I do know part of his point is that you don't have to be a great speaker to be a good president. I wouldn't compare any president to a past president though. Especially one of the big 4.

There wasn't really a reason to bring that opinion up during the conversation they were having though.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Why would he say something that stupid about Lincoln? Surely he is basing it off of something.

Guru
07-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Why would he say something that stupid about Lincoln? Surely he is basing it off of something.

I am almost certain it is about not needing to be a great speaker to be an effective or good president. Lincoln was a democrat and a great president.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I am almost certain it is about not needing to be a great speaker to be an effective or good president. Lincoln was a democrat and a great president.People are more than welcome to have that opinion, but why include Lincoln in that category?

BigChiefFan
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I hate that people care more about their godamned party, than they do their own country. It's sickening.

Guru
07-22-2008, 03:04 PM
People are more than welcome to have that opinion, but why include Lincoln in that category?

Oh, I agree with you on that.

Guru
07-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I hate that people care more about their godamned party, than they do their own country. It's sickening.

:spock:

BigChiefFan
07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
:spock:So you obvioulsy think having a one track mind is better than being open-minded? Again, it's sickening.

Look at what that foolishness got us into. The mighty George W., absolutely ****ing stellar decision by the republicans.

Guru
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
So you obvioulsy think having a one track mind is better than being open-minded? Again, it's sickening.

Look at what that foolishness got us into. The mighty George W., absolutely ****ing stellar decision by the republicans.

You think he is happy with where are country is right now? He isn't. He does not have a one track mind either. If you listened do him you would know that.

BigChiefFan
07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
You think he is happy with where are country is right now? He isn't. He does not have a one track mind either. If you listened do him you would know that.
"Stay the course" IS one-track-minded. Then consider it's a PROVEN FACT that we went to war under false pretenses(meaning we shouldn't be there in the first place) and rather than actually admit a mistake, he carries on. That by definition is one-track-minded.

Guru
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
"Stay the course" IS one-track-minded. Then consider it's a PROVEN FACT that we went to war under false pretenses(meaning we shouldn't be there in the first place) and rather than actually admit a mistake, he carries on. That by definition is one-track-minded.

When it comes to talk show hosts, you either like them or you don't. I guess I will just have to apologize that my view on this doesn't agree with yours and move on. At least it was a civil discussion. Something I can't usually get in here.

wazu
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Beck has the best political show on T.V.

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Beck has the best political show on T.V.
Beck is a soundbite captain, little else.

Today, LKL is being hosted by JOY BAYHAR? With Fran Drescher as a panelist?

wazu
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM

Just curious - are you considering this a downgrade from Larry?

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Just curious - are you considering this a downgrade from Larry?
Huge.

Friendo
07-22-2008, 08:51 PM

agreed-all you need to know in 3 pages:
http://www.radaronline.com/features/2007/01/doom_at_11_part_2.php

patteeu
07-23-2008, 07:30 AM

This post is ironic, partly because of it's simplistic, one-track understanding of the phrase "stay the course", but mostly because of it's one-track belief that the WMD rationale for the war was the only rationale driving the administration's decision when the reality was that there were mulitple tracks in play (and announced) at the same time. And while BigChiefFan may be too one-tracked to have understood what was going on, the Congress that authorized the use of force was well aware of the multiple rationales for forcible regime change in Iraq.

BigChiefFan
07-23-2008, 09:05 AM
This post is ironic, partly because of it's simplistic, one-track understanding of the phrase "stay the course", but mostly because of it's one-track belief that the WMD rationale for the war was the only rationale driving the administration's decision when the reality was that there were mulitple tracks in play (and announced) at the same time. And while BigChiefFan may be too one-tracked to have understood what was going on, the Congress that authorized the use of force was well aware of the multiple rationales for forcible regime change in Iraq.
I'll allow you to play that hand(even though I disagree with it), but even giving you that, what's their excuse for staying the course now?:hmmm:

And don't even say civil unrest because we caused more than was occuring prior to that.

patteeu
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll allow you to play that hand(even though I disagree with it), but even giving you that, what's their excuse for staying the course now?:hmmm:

And don't even say civil unrest because we caused more than was occuring prior to that.

Their "excuse" seems to be that they want to help get this new Iraqi state into a position that it can defend itself from internal and external threats. Seems like an excellent "excuse" to me.

Baby Lee
07-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Thug life, yo!!!

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm270/diselizabeth/LarryKingFashion.jpg

penchief
07-29-2008, 08:22 AM
When it comes to talk show hosts, you either like them or you don't. I guess I will just have to apologize that my view on this doesn't agree with yours and move on. At least it was a civil discussion. Something I can't usually get in here.

Beck is unqualified to have his own show. He's a complete amateur. I've tried to force myself to watch him but I end up shaking my head in disbelief and moving on. The fact that CNN would even subsidize a program like that just proves that the "liberal media" is a myth.

Guru
07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Beck is unqualified to have his own show. He's a complete amateur. I've tried to force myself to watch him but I end up shaking my head in disbelief and moving on. The fact that CNN would even subsidize a program like that just proves that the "liberal media" is a myth.

Ok, you hate him. Thanks for sharing.

ENDelt260
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I am almost certain it is about not needing to be a great speaker to be an effective or good president. Lincoln was a democrat and a great president.

He um... what?

penchief
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok, you hate him. Thanks for sharing.

I don't hate him. I just find him hard as hell to watch. I try but he's just so transparent. And the things he says are so cartoonish sometimes I wonder how he can get away with some of the stupid stuff he says. It's just hard to believe that there are people who believe that he knows what he's talking about most of the time.

What I find hard to believe is that conservatives can claim CNN is left wing yet it subsidizes an amateur partisan hack like Beck on a major cable News network. Obviously, the only reason someone as unqualified as Beck could have his own show is that CNN wants to air his viewpoint more than it wants to fill the slot with someone who is qualified. They're probably just trying to find a way to appeal to Faux News crowd. But I don't think Beck could even get a job on Faux News. Well......maybe he could.