PDA

View Full Version : Football Wesley Signs

SBK
07-22-2008, 05:39 AM
LMAO

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/22/wesley-signs-with-raiders/

Veteran safety Greg Wesley’s first career foray into free agency didn’t last long. A league source tells us that Wesley has signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raider, only days after he was cut by the Chiefs.

Though Wesley likely won’t beat out Michael Huff or Gibril Wilson for a starting job, Wesley could be the first option off the bench.

We don’t know the financial terms yet. If he was paid like some of the other players whom the Raiders have signed since the 2007 season ended, we predict that Wesley received something in the neighborhood of $14 million.

the Talking Can
07-22-2008, 05:54 AM
perfect...

a backup

little jacob
07-22-2008, 06:09 AM
well whoever it was who thought Wesley was so awesome... he's so awesome he's a backup for the laughing stock of the league.

StcChief
07-22-2008, 06:27 AM
proof that Al Davis continues down his senile path to death

tmax63
07-22-2008, 06:41 AM
It is always good though to see someone cut by the Chiefs get picked up quickly period. That means (to me at least) that our worst safety was a lot better than someone else's worst. I remember seeing some of our guys not getting signed again for months until somebody got hurt and the team just needing a warm body.

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Excellent.

A division rival.

Just great.

tmax63
07-22-2008, 06:46 AM
He isn't that good for me to worry. And do you think he can tell the cryptkeeper anything about our D that they don't already know after playing 2x a year for forever?

ChiefGator
07-22-2008, 06:47 AM
It is always good though to see someone cut by the Chiefs get picked up quickly period. That means (to me at least) that our worst safety was a lot better than someone else's worst. I remember seeing some of our guys not getting signed again for months until somebody got hurt and the team just needing a warm body.
Absolutely.... I thought it was always telling how little talent we actually had.

Redrum_69
07-22-2008, 07:11 AM
well at least wesley can catch
huards throws

Deberg_1990
07-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Its pretty telling about how bad our DV era defense really was when none of the guys who have left KC amount to anything after they leave.

and no, i dont want to hear about the allmighty Scott Fugita and Vonnie Holliday.

ChiefsOne
07-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Al hired him to get Gunther's plan.

Nightfyre
07-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Its pretty telling about how bad our DV era defense really was when none of the guys who have left KC amount to anything after they leave.

and no, i dont want to hear about the allmighty Scott Fugita and Vonnie Holliday.

Kawika?

Deberg_1990
07-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Kawika?

The Giants thought so highly of him they let him go to the Bills.

Skip Towne
07-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Does this mean he'll enter the HOF as a Raider?

Chiefnj2
07-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Can KC still get a 4th rounder since he went to a division rival?

SBK
07-22-2008, 07:59 AM

LMAO

TEX
07-22-2008, 08:07 AM

He was NOT our "worst Safety." He should have been starting. He played better than our starter. However, that isn't saying much. :hmmm:

TEX
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Except I believe that Wesley was drafted when Gun was the HC...

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 08:21 AM
I like the pick up good depth. It is a long season and I think Wesley has some ball left in him as a spot player.

TEX
07-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I like the pick up good depth. It is a long season and I think Wesley has some ball left in him as a spot player.

It is a good signing.

blueballs
07-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Allen will enter prison as a Viking
but will come out a Raider

HemiEd
07-22-2008, 08:32 AM
well whoever it was who thought Wesley was so awesome... he's so awesome he's a backup for the laughing stock of the league.

You are not keeping up. He was a starter for the most recent laughing stock of the league, Herm ****ing Edwards.

Buehler445
07-22-2008, 08:38 AM
ROFL. I thought he wantes to start?? Safety is one of the few places the Raiders don't suck.Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM

I can't wait till you have to watch him chasing some guy from behind all the way to the end zone after a PA pass, the way I have Sooooooooooo many times.ROFL

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 09:33 AM

How can that be when Herm just cut him?

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 09:34 AM
The Giants thought so highly of him they let him go to the Bills.

At least he has a ring and played in the game....

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I can't wait till you have to watch him chasing some guy from behind all the way to the end zone after a PA pass, the way I have Sooooooooooo many times.ROFL

I am not worried about Oaklands pass defense, it is run defense. He has no chance at starting as a DB, he may however have a shot a starting DT :(

Pablo
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
C'mon people. No matter how bad the Chiefs are, or how much everyone dislikes our coach, we'll never have Al as an owner, therefore, the Raiders will always provide better comic relief.

Dartgod
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Wait. I thought we were the laughing stock of the league?

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I am not worried about Oaklands pass defense, it is run defense. He has no chance at starting as a DB, he may however have a shot a starting DT :(

Wasn't there a killer DT on the board when you guys picked? What was his name? Hmmmm?

You guys have like 10 RBs. Maybe Lamont Jordan can play DT.

Just bustin yer chops.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
C'mon people. No matter how bad the Chiefs are, or how much everyone dislikes our coach, we'll never have Al as an owner, therefore, the Raiders will always provide better comic relief.
True, but we are slowly catching them...

2 more years of this and hopefully we will have new life, a vision and a solid direction.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Wasn't there a killer DT on the board when you guys picked? What was his name? Hmmmm?

You guys have like 10 RBs. Maybe Lamont Jordan can play DT.

Just bustin yer chops.

Yeah you are right, the one legged guy what was his name...

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah you are right, the one legged guy what was his name...

LMAOThey picked some running back instead, who had a horrible case of the turkey leg syndrome. I've watched him play alot. He's fast, that's about it. I think his talents will translate much the way Reggie Bush's do. We got a guy just as fast in the third.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 10:07 AM
LMAOThey picked some running back instead, who had a horrible case of the turkey leg syndrome. I've watched him play alot. He's fast, that's about it. I think his talents will translate much the way Reggie Bush's do. We got a guy just as fast in the third.

Time will tell :) all jokes aside IMO the NFL should ban the type of blocking Denver and now Oakland uses. It has to be a concern how a tad on the light side DT with a leg issue will hold up against the zone blocking he will face four times a year.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Time will tell :) all jokes aside IMO the NFL should ban the type of blocking Denver and now Oakland uses. It has to be a concern how a tad on the light side DT with a leg issue will hold up against the zone blocking he will face four times a year.

There is no leg issue. 305-315 is not on the light side.
Everyone has to worry about dirty cutblocks. Especially when the O-linemen are pissed, cause they are getting their asses handed to them.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 10:42 AM
There is no leg issue. 305-315 is not on the light side.
Everyone has to worry about dirty cutblocks. Especially when the O-linemen are pissed, cause they are getting their asses handed to them.
6'2 305-315 is smaller than normal for his position IMO He has played through many injuries and is considered a tough guy by those played with him. The stress crack has healed, but it was a stress not a contact break which is why some have concern about how he will handle bigger faster players going at his legs. It is another case of time will tell.

Demonpenz
07-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Dorsey's leg problems are a real threat. It was one of the reasons I wanted Sedrick ellis. We have enough problems when our players play not alone not playing.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM
6'2 305-315 is smaller than normal for his position IMO He has played through many injuries and is considered a tough guy by those played with him. The stress crack has healed, but it was a stress not a contact break which is why some have concern about how he will handle bigger faster players going at his legs. It is another case of time will tell.

6'2" 300lbs......Warren Sapp.

His leg was a stress fracture caused by contact. Two guys cheap shotted him low, because he was kicking their asses. IIRC.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
6'2" 300lbs......Warren Sapp.

His leg was a stress fracture caused by contact. Two guys cheap shotted him low, because he was kicking their asses. IIRC.

And Sapp was a shoot the gap DT weak against the run. When Oakland moved him from shooting the gap to a run stop role he got killed.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
And Sapp was a shoot the gap DT weak against the run. When Oakland moved him from shooting the gap to a run stop role he got killed.

Dorsey will be asked to play a Sapp like role in the cover Two Ala TB. Sapp was never meant to be a space eater. He was a penetrator. Only he was too old for that by the time you guys got him. Penetrators disrupt runs as well as passes, and they are one of the rarest comodaties in the NFL.

noa
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I notice the conspicuous absence of Wesley's strongest supporter in this thread.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Dorsey will be asked to play a Sapp like role in the cover Two Ala TB. Sapp was never meant to be a space eater. He was a penetrator. Only he was too old for that by the time you guys got him. Penetrators disrupt runs as well as passes, and they are one of the rarest comodaties in the NFL.

He may be the next great one time will tell. There is not a single top draft pick this year or any year that is cant miss. For every star there several busts or role type players mixed in.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he got on the field, Huff has been a massive disappointment so far.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he got on the field, Huff has been a massive disappointment so far.

True but he has been playing out of position, most think the switch will allow him to be a play maker.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:35 AM
He may be the next great one time will tell. There is not a single top draft pick this year or any year that is cant miss. For every star there several busts or role type players mixed in.

I agree completely. Nothin is written in stone with ANY of these guys. It's really a crap shoot with rooks.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
True but he has been playing out of position, most think the switch will allow him to be a play maker.

He played both for us. Sucked at both IMO.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
He played both for us. Sucked at both IMO.

I was talking about Huff as he has struggled, he is much better suited to play the ball.

StcChief
07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
He played both for us. Sucked at both IMO.If Wesley is anything but avg I'll be very surprised.

Count Zarth
07-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Wesley is going to skull**** us this year and for years to come. Oh god.

BigRock
07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
This news is completely unsurprising if you're familiar with the Drew Rosenhaus-to-English dictionary.

Rosenhaus: "There's been a lot of interest in my client. I started getting calls from teams the minute he was released."

Translation: He's going to sign a one-year deal somewhere as a backup.

Count Zarth
07-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Wesley will probably beat out Huff by midseason. Huff isn't too great. Wesley is probably drooling over the chance to start the season in Kansas City.

blueballs
07-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Wesley you ****ing moron
how much was you making as a Chief
but no you demanded to get out

Raiders | Wesley agrees to deal
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:14:56 -0700

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports the Oakland Raiders agreed to terms with free-agent FS Greg Wesley (Chiefs) Tuesday, July 22, on a one-year deal worth $370,000.

BigRock
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
CHA-CHING

blueballs
07-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Under the new scale, veterans with five or more seasons will be paid a minimum of $484,000, up 9.1% from the $440,000 minimum of last season. The scale runs down to $212,000, the minimum for players with less than one year's experience

-and that was for the 2001 season
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/stories/2001-02-15-salaries.htm

Bowser
07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Ha. Haha. Hahahahaha!

Chiefnj2
07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
The minimum salary structure for 2007 is as follows:

Rookies and first-year players $285,000
Second-year players $360,000
Third-year $435,000
Fourth-year $510,000
Fifth- through seventh-year $595,000
Eighth- through tenth-year $720,000
Eleventh-year and longer $820,000

blueballs
07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure who bigger moron is
Wesley or Favre

The Packers reportedly have Brett Favre's phone records that included "repeated calls" from Favre's Packers-issued cellular phone to Vikings coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
-Min Star Trib

dj56dt58
07-22-2008, 08:32 PM
He isn't that good for me to worry. And do you think he can tell the cryptkeeper anything about our D that they don't already know after playing 2x a year for forever?

What if he tells them our offensive gameplan? They might find out about our run left run right run of the centers ass secret!

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure who bigger moron is
Wesley or Favre

The Packers reportedly have Brett Favre's phone records that included "repeated calls" from Favre's Packers-issued cellular phone to Vikings coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
-Min Star Trib

I did not know that. Sounds like Brett was trying to make GB the enemy.

little jacob
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
this is good. occasionally he might get on the field for the raiders. when that happens, have someone run a fly or run Larry Johnson right at him.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
this is good. occasionally he might get on the field for the raiders. when that happens, have someone run a fly or run Larry Johnson right at him.

No No. Play action my friend.

Oh god. Playaction bootleg, Wesley with deep half.

Touchdown.

little jacob
07-22-2008, 08:54 PM
No No. Play action my friend.

Oh god. Playaction bootleg, Wesley with deep half.

Touchdown.

well hey it can be like peyton manning that january day in 2004. what do we want to do to get 20 yards this time?

Count Zarth
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
If Wesley is a backup, won't he play special teams? Watch him knock the shit out of a returner.

lawrenceRaider
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM

No, that was when he was in KC.

little jacob
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
No, that was when he was in KC.

what is oakland's record the last 5 years?

their record against KC the last 5 years?

SBK
07-22-2008, 09:17 PM
People are so scared the Raiders signed a guy that sucks. LMAO

Count Zarth
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I hate to break it to you guys buy Wesley is easily the second-best safety in the division behind Gibril Wilson. The only reason he's not starting is because Huff is a first-rounder. The only reason he wasn't starting in KC is because we gave him a raw deal. The Chargers and Broncos have average at best safeties.

little jacob
07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I hate to break it to you guys buy Wesley is easily the second-best safety in the division behind Gibril Wilson. The only reason he's not starting is because Huff is a first-rounder. The only reason he wasn't starting in KC is because we gave him a raw deal. The Chargers and Broncos have average at best safeties.

he's the second sweetest smelling turd in the sewer.

PHOG
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
PA pass, GD WESLEYYYYYY!!!

BigRock
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I hate to break it to you guys buy Wesley is easily the second-best safety in the division behind Gibril Wilson. The only reason he's not starting is because Huff is a first-rounder. The only reason he wasn't starting in KC is because we gave him a raw deal.

Greg Wesley just signed a one-year contract with the Raiders to be a backup on a deal that's probably worth less than the fancy pen Grandpa Al signed his check with.

The verdict is in. The league has spoken.

SURVEY SAYS

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1893/thumbsdownih6.jpg

Count Zarth
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Greg Wesley just signed a one-year contract with the Raiders to be a backup on a deal that's probably worth less than the fancy pen Grandpa Al signed his check with.

The verdict is in. The league has spoken.

SURVEY SAYS

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1893/thumbsdownih6.jpg

No one is handing out any huge contracts this time of year.

Spicy McHaggis
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM

I'd take Weddle over Wesley too. I think he shows this year he was well worth trading up to get.

BigRock
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
No one is handing out any huge contracts this time of year.

The nuclear reanimated corpse of Sean Taylor could get a better deal than Wesley got. And I'm saying that with the assumption that the $300 thou figure is probably wrong, as he surely got at least the league minimum. Unless the Raiders are so cap spent that's all they could afford, and that's the only offer Wesley had.

SBK
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM

You may think so, the NFL does not.

Ugly Duck
07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Wesley will probably beat out Huff by midseason.

Hey.... maybe you should write an article about that! You would be hailed as a genious if it actually happened cuz you're like the only dude saying it. When you've got that kinda football acumen - flaunt it!

Chiefs=Good
07-23-2008, 01:19 AM

very true. not a good player at all. yet...

JuicesFlowing
07-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Good riddance.

evolve27
08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
And just like that he's done:

Greg Wesley-DB-Raiders Aug. 11 - 5:48 pm et

Raiders released S Greg Wesley.

Wesley couldn't even pass Tyvon Branch or Rashard Baker on the depth chart, so he may not have much left. He's no longer an effective cover guy.
Source: Oakland Tribune

Mecca
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
That's kind of amusing....he'll just go watch his brother play at SC now.

chiefs1111
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Wesley couldn't even pass Tyvon Branch or Rashard Baker on the depth chart, so he may not have much left. He's no longer an effective cover guy.

ha ha,I knew it wouldn't last........

OnTheWarpath58
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
And like that......he's gone.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, how bad was DV's D for real??

We literally started guys who cant even make other teams.

Warfield, Bartee, Wesley.....Good Lord....

pr_capone
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
What pisses me off the most is that we could have had a 4th for that worthless pile of shit from the Broncos.

We could have helped ourselves and ****ed the competition.

F UCK YOU CARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little jacob
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
haha. someone find the posts where people said we were going to regret losing him.

blueballs
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
That bronco fourth must have been conditional

evolve27
08-11-2008, 04:14 PM

ROFL
:LOL:ROFLSTFU

OnTheWarpath58
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
haha. someone find the posts where people said we were going to regret losing him.

Shouldn't be hard, they were all from Clayton.

J Diddy
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow, how bad was DV's D for real??

We literally started guys who cant even make other teams.

Warfield, Bartee, Wesley.....Good Lord....

wesley at one time was decent, hard hitter

seemed to be at the right place at the right time

unfortunately it was at the expense of where he should have been

Deberg_1990

Check out Posts # 49 and 51 from Claythan.

and he wonders why he has ZERO credibility on this board.

Direckshun
God, you need a muzzle. You're just flapping your gums with no knowledge whatsoever. It pisses me off.

I'm going to post some laughing smileys so you fully get the point. ROFLROFLROFL

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
That's kind of amusing....he'll just go watch his brother play at SC now.

Or go back to Toad Lick, Arkansas

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Shouldn't be hard, they were all from Clayton.

More "gold" from WPI.

little jacob
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Wesley is going to skull**** us this year and for years to come. Oh god.

:doh!:

little jacob
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Wesley will probably beat out Huff by midseason. Huff isn't too great. Wesley is probably drooling over the chance to start the season in Kansas City.

:doh!:

the Talking Can
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM

claythan is so ****ing stupid

siberian khatru
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/11/27/633317514784490542.jpg

the Talking Can
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM

yeah....awesome

little jacob
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
yeah....awesome

ROFLROFLROFL

Mecca
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
It's probably more sad that this guy played significant time for us last year.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
It's probably more sad that this guy played significant time for us last year.

Ouch....yea, whats that say about Pollards play last year?

evolve27

:clap:

BigRock
POST FROM THE FUTURE: "Since when can the Raiders properly evaluate talent? Wesley will sign with the Broncos any minute now to replace John Lynch, and he'll bend us over and butt**** us for years to come."

beach tribe
08-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Not surprised. Not even the faid is dumb enough to let this liability on the field.

blueballs
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
then they picked up Archuleta
but plan on trying him at linebacker

FAX
08-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Wow. That's amazing on several levels.

FAX

Valiant
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM

Aahahahahhahah

wait....

aahahhahahahaha..

Quit writing about football, your football knowledge is horrible to average at best...

Fruit Ninja
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Ouch....yea, whats that say about Pollards play last year?

I think Pollard played alot better then Page did towards the end of the year. Page fell off the earth and was missing tackles left and right.

RustShack
08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Maybe he would be willing to come back here now, sign cheap and rot on the bench? Get rid of McGraw.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I hate to break it to you guys buy Wesley is easily the second-best safety in the division behind Gibril Wilson. The only reason he's not starting is because Huff is a first-rounder. The only reason he wasn't starting in KC is because we gave him a raw deal. The Chargers and Broncos have average at best safeties.Wow! I really do not know how to respond. LMAO ROFL :shake::spock: Whatever it is you are smoking, may I have some?

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Aahahahahhahah

wait....

aahahhahahahaha..

Quit writing about football, your football knowledge is horrible to average at best...

True. You can't believe anything he says.

Coach
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM

This post above is grounds for you to be forced to retire from any kind of media (TV's, magazines, newspaper, internet articles, etc), becuase it is CLEARLY obvious that you do not have a slight idea what EXACTLY you are reporting about.

Even an average NFL fan SHOULD know that Greg Wesley is overrated S in the NFL. All Wesley can do is hit the living shit out of somebody, but that's about it. He can't cover. He can't take proper angles to the offensive player. He can't even properly wrap the **** up.

Just retire, for your own sake and everybody else's. Your credibility is at a very all-time new low.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Mods please sticky this thread for all to see and make fun of. Thanks. :)

kstater
08-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Or go back to Toad Lick, Arkansas

That's Toad Suck, get it right.

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
That's Toad Suck, get it right.

I'll have to ask Herzig about that.

HemiEd
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Count Zarth
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
OK. My guess is he was dumped because they didn't want to fool around with an injured player. He had some nagging back injury or something during camp.

I still see no reason to recant. I can see the Broncos grabbing him. He'll destroy one of our receivers this year.

Greg Wesley will shine again. You heard it here first.

kstater
08-11-2008, 06:49 PM
You're going to need a bigger shovel than that.

Coach
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
OK. My guess is he was dumped because they didn't want to fool around with an injured player. He had some nagging back injury or something during camp.

I still see no reason to recant. I can see the Broncos grabbing him. He'll destroy one of our receivers this year.

Greg Wesley will shine again. You heard it here first.

You know you're just grasping for straws. Just admit it, you were wrong.

Count Zarth
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
No, we're talking about the Raiders here. They've made a number of personnel gaffes in recent years. They'll regret this.

Phobia
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Heh heh. Spin it spin-boy.

Coach
08-11-2008, 06:58 PM
No, we're talking about the Raiders here. They've made a number of personnel gaffes in recent years. They'll regret this.

Umm.... no. If you're not good or healthy enough to stay on one of the worst franchises in recent memory, you're no good in the NFL, period.

Count Zarth
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Yup. From what I'm reading, this was definitely injury-related.

Wesley will sign with someone before the season starts. I guarantee it.

kstater
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Heh, what's it worth to you?

Count Zarth
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I'll do sigs for a week if you're that hard up.

kstater
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I'll do sigs for a week if you're that hard up.

Done, signed with an NFL team by the before the 1st game.

Bowser
08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
DRAH-MA!!!

Count Zarth
08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Done, signed with an NFL team by the before the 1st game.

Cool.

:evil:

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2008, 07:45 PM

Greg Wesley will shine again. You heard it here first.Whoa, I'm dizzy...

Valiant
08-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Your predictions are also always injury related.. Funny how the guy went from 2nd best in the division to the street.. Injured or not, the team would have kept him if he would have produced later..

Phobia
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Your predictions are also always injury related.. Funny how the guy went from 2nd best in the division to the street.. Injured or not, the team would have kept him if he would have produced later..

It's hilarious how the male ego won't allow us to be wrong. We'll keep making excuses and sticking to an agenda until there are no other alternatives except to pretend it didn't happen.

When does he start pretending it didn't happen?

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 08:02 PM

Your guarantees are worthless. You are a buffoon.

DeezNutz
08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Does "sign with someone" mean that he'll automatically become the "second best" in the division?

FAX
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Wow. I can't wait to see Wesley's amazing comeback and subsequent nomination to the Pro Bowl. What a story that will be.

FAX

Phobia
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
It's a shame there's not a reporter who reports on reporters. Like - a watchdog holding the media accountable for what they're saying. Maybe kcchiefs.com could do something like that.

little jacob
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM

POST FROM THE FUTURE: "Since when can the Raiders properly evaluate talent? Wesley will sign with the Broncos any minute now to replace John Lynch, and he'll bend us over and butt**** us for years to come."

:eek:

BigRock
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM

:eek:

Don't forget this one!

I can see the Broncos grabbing him. He'll destroy one of our receivers this year.

MISS CLEO AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME

Skip Towne
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Don't forget this one!

MISS CLEO AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME

Plus you're quite a bit faster.

BigRock
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
ROFL

This is from the comments at ProFootballTalk:

WHEN KEEPIN’ IT REAL GOES WRONG - the Greg Wesley edition

Greg Wesley was a safety making good money in Kansas City. But when the team decided to start two younger players and push him to the bench, Wesley decided to KEEP IT REAL and demand his way off the team.

Finding no other suitors, Wesley was forced to sign a contract for peanuts with the lowly Oakland Raiders. And after not even being good enough to beat out their 4th and 5th stringers, he now finds himself without a job. Again.

Greg Wesley: another tragic example of what happens when KEEPIN’ IT REAL goes wrong.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7392/wutangog6.jpg

Spicy McHaggis
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
And the guy he was released for. A collective laugh is heard from every Bears fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-archuleta&prov=ap&type=lgns

Phobia
08-12-2008, 12:49 AM
And the guy he was released for. A collective laugh is heard from every Bears fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-archuleta&prov=ap&type=lgns

He got dumped for a white guy? That's gotta sting.

Spicy McHaggis
08-12-2008, 01:20 AM
He got dumped for a white guy? That's gotta sting.

Yeah. And even other white guys think Archuleta can't play.

Demonpenz
08-12-2008, 08:00 AM
ever put a saftey at linebacker in video game? I would try to run right at archeletta. Good for him though he has made some change in the nfl, but no where near the hype.

Sully
08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
It's a shame there's not a reporter who reports on reporters. Like - a watchdog holding the media accountable for what they're saying. Maybe kcchiefs.com could do something like that.

Greg Hall used to do that for real. he had a weekly thing in the Star till he was fired, and then worked out of some local suburban player. He could be pretty mean spirited, but seemed to hear and see everything. It was pretty good info to keep up with that type of stuff.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
From the KCStars webblog:

Thoughts on Greg Wesley
Hard to believe he didn't even make it to the second exhibition game with the Raiders. His career is obviously teetering and may be over unless some team has a rash of injuries and needs a safety.

He fell out of favor with the Chiefs the moment he misses that tackle in Cleveland on Derek Anderson a couple of years ago. He obviously saw the signs and wanted out and I don't blame him for that.

His mistake was that he wanted out and a big pay day at the same time when he should have been happy with one of the two. He could have been traded to Houston last year but balked at taking a pay cut.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/125

So it wasnt all Carl's fault that we never got any compensation for Wesley.

Valiant
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
God this guy is not picked back up yet??? With the way Gochiefs is clamoring, Wesley should have been picked back up immediately..

Demonpenz
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I would say bring him in and see what he is like.