PDA

View Full Version : Poop Tmobile suck ass

big nasty kcnut
07-22-2008, 09:16 AM
So when i sign up for them i was told that i would get free text and ringtones with my brother with me as a witness. Then a month later i get a bill for 14.99 for text now almost a year and half later im still trying to get what i was promised and im really a nice guy about it. In closing tmobile suck anybody know a mobile phone company that cheap and wont ask for a despoit. Also i need a cheap internet plam that dont involed with dial up or cable.

kepp
07-22-2008, 09:53 AM
My wife and I have been with TMobile for over four years. We're on month-to-month now. We went in to a store last weekend and they told us we wouldn't get any special rates or deals for phone upgrades...AND they would charge us an $18 "upgrade fee". BS. I'm looking for a new cell provider also. Anyone have any suggestions?

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
My wife and I have been with TMobile for over four years. We're on month-to-month now. We went in to a store last weekend and they told us we wouldn't get any special rates or deals for phone upgrades...AND they would charge us an $18 "upgrade fee". BS. I'm looking for a new cell provider also. Anyone have any suggestions?

Call that Chad guy, he seems to be much cooler than the other guys.

Fish
07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
All phone companies are inherently evil. The grass is not greener over here.

ceebz
07-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know of any provider that gives away text messages. Unless, you happen to know a Sprint employee and get on a SERO plan.

morphius
07-22-2008, 10:10 AM
All phone companies are inherently evil. The grass is not greener over here.
Yup, there are tons of people that hate each and every provider, and there are tons that live in dead zones of each. Just the way the tech works.

the Talking Can
07-22-2008, 10:21 AM
2 years with t-mobile...not single problem

morphius
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't know of any provider that gives away text messages. Unless, you happen to know a Sprint employee and get on a SERO plan.
The SERO plan is changed and is a lot more expensive now starting at @ $59.99 a month.

Warrior5
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I've been with T-mobile 4 years; have never had an issue.

Sorry they're not working out for you, kcnut.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
They all suck. Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon.

Just pick the one that consistently gets the best service in your area, or the one that the most people you call are on.

Saggysack
07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Change carriers after every contract if you are looking for a deal. Some will even pay you to take a phone.

I have used both www.a1wireless.com and www.letstalk.com without a hitch. They will, more times than not, beat any deal you can get elsewhere.

luv
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm surprised to see people not having problems with T-Mobile. The few people I know who have it/have had it are/were always complaining about not having a signal.

I'm with at&t. I have a family plan where unlimited text messaging is included. When I had the single plan, unlimited was $19.99/month. Minutes used talking to other at&t customers don't go towards your air time, and there's also the rollover minutes. It works for me, but it's probably not for everyone.

Everyone has companies they love and hate, and it differs from person to person. You just have to find one you like and stick with it (at least until your two year contract is up). :)

Deberg_1990
07-22-2008, 10:41 AM
They all suck. Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon.

Just pick the one that consistently gets the best service in your area, or the one that the most people you call are on.

Agreed. Unfortunately Cell Phones are a nessessary evil in todays world.

Ive had T-Mobile for the past 7 months now after having Sprint for 9 years. They are worlds better than Sprint.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Agreed. Unfortunately Cell Phones are a nessessary evil in todays world.

Ive had T-Mobile for the past 7 months now after having Sprint for 9 years. They are worlds better than Sprint.I've had Cingular/AT&T for I think 3 years now. Had Sprint for 2 years before that.

Sprint was f*cking trash. I can handle dead spots in reception, and I can even handle higher rate plans. Whatever. But I can't f*cking stand having something charged to me I didn't want or use. Sprint did this all the time.

To be fair, AT&T has one time.

kepp
07-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I've had Cingular/AT&T for I think 3 years now. Had Sprint for 2 years before that.

Sprint was f*cking trash. I can handle dead spots in reception, and I can even handle higher rate plans. Whatever. But I can't f*cking stand having something charged to me I didn't want or use. Sprint did this all the time.

I had Sprint before TMobile and they were really bad. I had Verizon before Sprint and they were worse (maybe they've improved though?). I'm slowly working my way through every provider...ugh.

Pablo
07-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I had Sprint before TMobile and they were really bad. I had Verizon before Sprint and they were worse (maybe they've improved though?). I'm slowly working my way through every provider...ugh.I've had a generally positive experience with AT&T. I guess you've tried the rest, might as well try them.

My friend has Verizon and he's pretty happy with the service and prices, but his hometown is about an hour away from where I live.

rageeumr
07-22-2008, 11:04 AM
These are the first bad comments I've heard about T-Mobile. Everyone I know that has it loves it. I have Verizon, and I happened to be talking about T-Mobile in a Verizon store, and the Verizon employee even said that T-Mobile doesn't have a wide coverage area, but where they have coverage, they're tough to beat.

Verizon is fine. Their coverage maps are a bit generous. I drive to BF Missouri a couple of times a month, and I can't get to SW MO or to the lake without losing service a few times.

However I used to have Nextel and my wife has Sprint and I put Verizon ahead of both of those (especially Nextel).

Bearcat
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
They had a loophole a couple of years ago... something about being able to sign up for T-Zones on a Sidekick to get free texting. The T-mobile guy mentioned it to me when I was looking at the Dash and Sidekick. It wasn't a plan, it was a way for people to get around paying for texting. Even if that's not your case, it's either in the conract or it's not...

I'm surprised to see people not having problems with T-Mobile. The few people I know who have it/have had it are/were always complaining about not having a signal.

They aren't supposed to have as good of coverage, but I've never had any major problems. The customer service is supposedly yhe best, but I haven't needed them in 7 years. :)

bobbything
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
7 years with TMobile. Not one problem.

rad
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I have Nextel(Sprint), for a year and a half. No problems. I pay 97 bucks for 2 phones-splitting 700 minutes. Nice phones too.

kchero
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
I have had Tmobile for about 4 years now and I've been very pleased with their service. I have a better plan with them than I did with my old carrier.

markk
07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
i have never had a problem with any of the providers i have used. i think most of the time when people just misunderstand their plan.

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Dude, They are ALL criminals. The Cable company, power, cell, internet, etc..........the bill is NEVER what they advertise.

rad
07-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Dude, They are ALL criminals. The Cable company, power, cell, internet, etc..........the bill is NEVER what they advertise.

That's why before you buy, you ask what the "no-shitter" price is.

irishjayhawk
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
ATT = Gouge on plans, average to slightly below average service, good choice on phones
T-Mobile = Great plans, above average service, abysmal choice on phones
Verizon = Expensive plans, excellent service, good choice on phones
Sprint = Crappy plans, abysmal service, mediocre choice on phones

Fish
07-22-2008, 12:03 PM
In closing tmobile suck anybody know a mobile phone company that cheap and wont ask for a despoit.

And nut... I hate to tell you, but if they're asking you for a deposit, that likely has more to do with your personal credit rating and not the service provider. You'd probably have to do that with the other companies too unless you improve your credit rating.

luv
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
ATT = Gouge on plans, average to slightly below average service, good choice on phones
T-Mobile = Great plans, above average service, abysmal choice on phones
Verizon = Expensive plans, excellent service, good choice on phones
Sprint = Crappy plans, abysmal service, mediocre choice on phones

The service that really sucks is Alltel, IMO.

irishjayhawk
07-22-2008, 12:09 PM
The service that really sucks is Alltel, IMO.

I think they just got bought by Verizon, but I could be wrong.

memyselfI
07-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Nine years with TMO and aside from the occasional billing error and upgrades they have been very nice to deal with. I'm at the point where I can use my years of loyalty against them and get pretty much whatever issue I have resolved in my favor.

FAX
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Tmobile not suck ass, Mr. kcnut. Tmobile pretty good better than sprint or att that suck ass badder than left-handed dishwasher with mouth full of sour cantelope and no place to live in.

FAX

morphius
07-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Nine years with TMO and aside from the occasional billing error and upgrades they have been very nice to deal with. I'm at the point where I can use my years of loyalty against them and get pretty much whatever issue I have resolved in my favor.
So aside from running into enough issues that you have to use your length of support as a whipping stick they are just fine. If I have ever heard a ringing endorsement, that is it.

keg in kc
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I've had t-mobile for 6 years, never had a problem (knock on wood).

Sorry to hear about yours bud.

kregger
07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
T-Mobile been berry,berry good to me.

Baconeater
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
TracFone FTW. No contract, no credit check, no deposit, no monthly bill, no surprise charges.

Valiant
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM

T-mobile uses sim cards yes?? Just go online and buy a new one phone swap the cards out..

As for the original poster.. Find your contract, read to make sure it does not say they will charge you for the text.. If it is not anywhere on there, you need to become an asshole and make a scene.. Or keep going up over their heads until you get somebody that will do something..

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Been with T-mobile since they took over VoiceStream... and was with VoiceStream since they took over Arial. Started with Arial, had the same number, since 1998.

Never had a single issue that wasn't cleared up with a (short) phone call.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
T-mobile uses sim cards yes?? Just go online and buy a new one phone swap the cards out..

As for the original poster.. Find your contract, read to make sure it does not say they will charge you for the text.. If it is not anywhere on there, you need to become an asshole and make a scene.. Or keep going up over their heads until you get somebody that will do something..

I have T-moble and can get all the information off my phone online....the goverment is watching our phones :eek:

Valiant
07-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I have T-moble and can get all the information off my phone online....the goverment is watching our phones :eek:

No.. Buy a new phone online from a 3rd party distributor and then swap out the cards..

Or buy a t-mobile phone from a 3rd party company(best buy or the likes) sign a new contract with a new number for that phone.. Cancel the service a day or two later and do not return the phone.. Then use the new phone as your phone.. You should have gotten the cheaper price from instore and signing contract and maybe some BB rebates.. Of course on this, I have not done it in a few years so not sure if it still works with 3rd party stores.. It definitely does not work with the actual stores..

BigMeatballDave
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
My wife and I have been with TMobile for over four years. We're on month-to-month now. We went in to a store last weekend and they told us we wouldn't get any special rates or deals for phone upgrades...AND they would charge us an $18 "upgrade fee". BS. I'm looking for a new cell provider also. Anyone have any suggestions?Verizon or Alltel. Sprint sucks, too.

RedNeckRaider
07-22-2008, 02:52 PM
No.. Buy a new phone online from a 3rd party distributor and then swap out the cards..

Or buy a t-mobile phone from a 3rd party company(best buy or the likes) sign a new contract with a new number for that phone.. Cancel the service a day or two later and do not return the phone.. Then use the new phone as your phone.. You should have gotten the cheaper price from instore and signing contract and maybe some BB rebates.. Of course on this, I have not done it in a few years so not sure if it still works with 3rd party stores.. It definitely does not work with the actual stores..
I signed a contract and got a new phone. They told me if I ever switched phones I could go oline and get all my info.

BigMeatballDave
07-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I just switched from Nextel to Verizon. Sprint/Nextels customer service is horrible. I had Verizon for a year the year before. Their CS was so good I decided to go back.

BigMeatballDave
07-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Tmobile not suck ass, Mr. kcnut. Tmobile pretty good better than sprint or att that suck ass badder than left-handed dishwasher with mouth full of sour cantelope and no place to live in.

FAXLMAO

memyselfI
07-23-2008, 09:40 PM
So aside from running into enough issues that you have to use your length of support as a whipping stick they are just fine. If I have ever heard a ringing endorsement, that is it.

Actually, I've run into 3 or 4 issues in the past nine years. One just last month. They forgot to remove a line which I canceled in Dec. last year. Their dispute policy is 60 days. They went ahead and removed all the charges dating back to the first of the year.

Another time, I cracked the LCD on my Dash. I dropped it but told them it shattered in my purse. They allowed me to purchase another for $50 which was half the price and they shipped it free.

Ari Chi3fs
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I use T-Mobile with the hot-spot at home. I make calls on WiFi for free.

SUCK IT!

O'Doyle Rulez!

FAX
07-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Actually, I've run into 3 or 4 issues in the past nine years. One just last month. They forgot to remove a line which I canceled in Dec. last year. Their dispute policy is 60 days. They went ahead and removed all the charges dating back to the first of the year.

Another time, I cracked the LCD on my Dash. I dropped it but told them it shattered in my purse. They allowed me to purchase another for $50 which was half the price and they shipped it free.

You lied in order to save a few bucks?

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
I've had Cingular/AT&T for I think 3 years now. Had Sprint for 2 years before that.

Posted via Mobile Device

I have sprint and I love them. But they give me 27 percent off my bill every month. Yeah, I have to call them to have bullshit charges removed every month, but their stupidity knows no bounds. I didn't pay a dime for 4 solid months a year ago, so the good outweighs the bad.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 07:53 AM
You lied in order to save a few bucks?

FAX

Yes, because before I called them I understood the price to replace would be the full retail price of the phone est. at $300 at the time. I did not have insurance but was aiming to pay the insurance replacement price.

Besides, at that point I had paid been with the company for over seven years so they were more than happy to help me out after I pointed out how much money I'd paid and how few problems I had with them.