PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher on draft pick signings...

Coogs
07-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Chiefs sign two third-round picks
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs’ list of unsigned draft picks continued to dwindle Monday when they agreed to terms on three-year contracts with running back Jamaal Charles and tight end Brad Cottam. Both were third-round selections.

The problem is that time is dwindling before Friday’s opening of training camp, and the Chiefs’ three top picks remained unsigned. Defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, the fifth overall choice in the draft, is the highest remaining unsigned pick.

The Chiefs’ other first-round pick, offensive tackle Branden Albert, and second-round cornerback Brandon Flowers were also still unsigned.

“They just really got started on my contract negotiations,” said Albert, who was home in Maryland on Monday but planned to return to Kansas City today in preparation for the start of camp. “I still plan to be there when camp starts.”

A fourth Chiefs pick, seventh-round tight end Michael Merritt, was also unsigned. Merritt has a leg injury that won’t allow him to practice when camp begins. The Chiefs won’t sign Merritt until he’s ready to practice.

R&GHomer
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Has anyone heard anything at all about Dorsey?

King_Chief_Fan
07-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Chiefs sign two third-round picks
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs’ list of unsigned draft picks continued to dwindle Monday when they agreed to terms on three-year contracts with running back Jamaal Charles and tight end Brad Cottam. Both were third-round selections.

The problem is that time is dwindling before Friday’s opening of training camp, and the Chiefs’ three top picks remained unsigned. Defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, the fifth overall choice in the draft, is the highest remaining unsigned pick.

The Chiefs’ other first-round pick, offensive tackle Branden Albert, and second-round cornerback Brandon Flowers were also still unsigned.

“They just really got started on my contract negotiations,” said Albert, who was home in Maryland on Monday but planned to return to Kansas City today in preparation for the start of camp. “I still plan to be there when camp starts.”

A fourth Chiefs pick, seventh-round tight end Michael Merritt, was also unsigned. Merritt has a leg injury that won’t allow him to practice when camp begins. The Chiefs won’t sign Merritt until he’s ready to practice.

You got to admire Alberts outlook and attitude.

Buehler445
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Hope he gets to camp. Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
07-22-2008, 08:44 AM
How the **** do you just start on Albert's contract in the last few days? God these people are incompetent.

StcChief
07-22-2008, 09:00 AM
How the **** do you just start on Albert's contract in the last few days? God these people are incompetent.
counting money needed for others instead of playing Excell money scenerios...

really sad.

morphius
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Wow, the guy we are expecting to be the protection on the blind side of the QB, learning a new position and they are just now getting started. lol! Gotta love this team

beach tribe
07-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Just now getting started. MFers.

chiefs1111
07-22-2008, 09:33 AM

Cause Carl was on vacation........

InChiefsHell
07-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I gotta believe that there are reasons beyond our view as to why they (and apparently 25 other teams or so) have waited so long on their first round picks...but I'm just a casual fan on a website, not experts like you guys are...

Chiefnj2
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
It's not unusual for teams to sign rounds 2-7 before signing their 1st round pick.

I think it is safe to assume that KC will sign Flowers before Dorsey or Albert.

Dorsey and Albert are at odds right now because each wants the highest % possible of what is left over in the rookie pool.

I think last year the slotting was a little off for guaranteed money for players in the 14-18 range. I think the 18th player got more guaranteed money than the 15.

I think Dorsey will end up with 24.5 guaranteed and Albert 8.75

SNR
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Kevin Robinson > Brandon Albert

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey we have "the PLAN" no need to rush...

These guys know how to build a championship team... We just have to be patient and buy more tickets and beer...

Mr. Laz
07-22-2008, 10:00 AM
“They just really got started on my contract negotiations,” said Albert

:banghead::banghead:

carl blames the agent in 3 ......... 2 ......... 1 ............

blueballs
07-22-2008, 10:10 AM
time to squeeze in a scrub

Chiefs | A. Durde added to team
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:36:02 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs announced Tuesday, July 22, that the National Football League has placed free-agent LB Aden Durde on the team's roster as an international developmental player for 2008.

bkkcoh
07-22-2008, 11:04 AM
It's not unusual for teams to sign rounds 2-7 before signing their 1st round pick.

I think it is safe to assume that KC will sign Flowers before Dorsey or Albert.

Dorsey and Albert are at odds right now because each wants the highest % possible of what is left over in the rookie pool.

I think last year the slotting was a little off for guaranteed money for players in the 14-18 range. I think the 18th player got more guaranteed money than the 15.

I think Dorsey will end up with 24.5 guaranteed and Albert 8.75

I wonder what is left of the rookie pool? I would have thought they would have wanted to sign relatively quick in order to get the biggest slice of the rookie pie.

gta0012
07-22-2008, 11:17 AM

NEGOTIATIONS.

Which could mean the chiefs presented him with what they want to give him and they are in teh beginning phases of hammering down what they will agree too. Doesn't mean they are just now writing the contract.

Reerun_KC
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
time to squeeze in a scrub

Chiefs | A. Durde added to team
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:36:02 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs announced Tuesday, July 22, that the National Football League has placed free-agent LB Aden Durde on the team's roster as an international developmental player for 2008.
The new Scanlon?

InChiefsHell
07-23-2008, 06:33 AM
The new Scanlon?

Even better, I'm sure. Probably blows that big mexican dude we had out of the water...:D

milkman
07-23-2008, 07:36 AM

NEGOTIATIONS.

Which could mean the chiefs presented him with what they want to give him and they are in teh beginning phases of hammering down what they will agree too. Doesn't mean they are just now writing the contract.

Well, thanks, cause nobody here knows what "negotiations" mean.

BigChiefFan
07-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Negotation is "The act or process of conferring or discussing to reach agreement in matters of business or state."

So, yes, they just got started. Typical.

jiveturkey
07-23-2008, 08:11 AM
I actually caught Jack Harry on the 10pm news and Dorsey is apparently way off. He's asking for $72 mil and we're offering $55 mil.

Albert and Flowers are real close and both are likely to be in camp on time.

We'll see.

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 08:21 AM
lol...what a great start
watch the chiefs be a dominating prescence in 2012....
mayan calendar says the end is 12/21/12

Redrum_69
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
http://www.news5less.com/