PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV I thought Batman was the good guy

RNR
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25794327/

LONDON - Batman star Christian Bale was arrested Tuesday over allegations of assaulting his mother and sister, police and British media said.

British media had reported that Bale’s mother and sister complained they were assaulted by the 34-year-old actor at the Dorchester Hotel in London on Sunday night, a day before the European premiere of his latest film, “The Dark Knight.”

The women made the allegation at a local police station in southern England on Monday, Britain’s Press Association news agency said. It later said Bale had been arrested, citing “police sources.”

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asked whether Bale was in custody, a police spokesman did not refer to him by name but said: “A 34-year-old man attended a central London police station this morning by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault.”

The spokesman spoke anonymously in line with force policy and refused to go into more detail. British police do not name suspects before they are formally charged.

U.S.-based representatives for Bale didn’t immediately return messages seeking comment. Repeated phone calls to Bale’s London representative went unanswered.

Video

Police question Batman star
July 22: Batman star Christian Bale has been questioned by London police for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister at a hotel. Msnbc.com's Courtney Hazlett reports.
MSNBC

The Sun newspaper said police didn’t question the actor Monday because they didn’t want to interfere with the premiere of the movie.

Wales-born Bale first made a splash as the child star of Steven Spielberg’s “Empire of the Sun” in 1987. His screen credits also include “American Psycho,” “The Machinist” and “Batman Begins.”

In “The Dark Knight,” Bale reprises the role of wealthy playboy Bruce Wayne and his crime-fighting alter-ego Batman, a brooding vigilante superhero still scarred by the murder of his parents.

The film, which stars the late Heath Ledger as Batman’s nemesis The Joker, took in a record $158.4 million at the box office in its opening weekend in the U.S. last week.

Frazod
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I was just about to post this.

Man, that's messed up. Batman beats up his mom. :spock:

Simply Red
07-22-2008, 09:24 AM
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Saulbadguy
07-22-2008, 09:50 AM
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
My nightly bloodlust has overflown in to my days...

StcChief
07-22-2008, 09:53 AM
where was Albert butler needs to be steppin' in on this one.

Simply Red
07-22-2008, 10:00 AM
My nightly bloodlust has overflown in to my days...

I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

CoMoChief
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Assault has a lot of meaning these days. You can spit on someone and that's considered assault. Yelling at someone is considered assault.

But still to do those things to your mom and siste........hmmmm :spock:

Fried Meat Ball!
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Uh-oh... he's living long enough to become the villain!

Fried Meat Ball!
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Assault has a lot of meaning these days. You can spit on someone and that's considered assault. Yelling at someone is considered assault.

But still to do those things to your mom and siste........hmmmm :spock:

My bet is he tried to put smiles on their faces.

Deberg_1990
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Bale always did seem to be a little sinister and off. Look at some of the movies he has been in.

FAX
07-22-2008, 12:20 PM
This sounds like rampant familial disfunction to me. I mean, what kind of BatMom and BatSis would turn a guy in?

I'm beginning to wonder if this whole Dark Knight thing has some bad mojo associated with it. Like the Exorcist or the first Omen movies. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Bale has been having bad dreams and taken to walking around with his BatFly open.

FAX

FAX
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Bale always did seem to be a little sinister and off. Look at some of the movies he has been in.

Agreed, Mr. Deberg_1990. Frankly, anyone who would do the things he did to his body just in order to play the role in The Machinist has to be a little BatBats.

FAX

gagesmom314
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
They think it is verbal assult now. He of course says he had nothing to do with it. I love how they let him attend the premier and do press conferences before they arrested him because they didn't think he would be a flight risk.

Pestilence
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=323909&GT1=28101

Here's an article where he denies the assault.

QuikSsurfer
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM

He wasn't in London. He was attending a musical, "Oh Africa, Brave Africa" with Paul Allen... It was a laugh riot.

Psyko Tek
07-22-2008, 12:50 PM
It's a frame up

the joker and ra's al gulh have teamed up to battle the dark knight

beavis
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

I hope you guys read the book. It was about 100x better than that piece of crap movie.

QuikSsurfer
07-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I hope you guys read the book. It was about 100x better than that piece of crap movie.

I've read the book twice. Bret Easton Ellis is one of my favorite authors.
The movie is far from crap.

Simply Red
07-22-2008, 04:09 PM

yeah the movie definitely was not crap. Pt. II, that was crap!

FAX
07-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but what the heck are you guys talking about?

FAX

Pablo
07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I hope you guys read the book. It was about 100x better than that piece of crap movie.Oh..so you're on of those guys...

Here's a Jim Gaffigan clip for you:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgOOLXt95_M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgOOLXt95_M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6:10 FTW.

BWillie
07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
What does Lawrence Phillips have in common with Christian Bale?

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Okay, take this for what it's worth:

My wife went to her Beverly Hills hairdresser today (FTR, straight female with children). She's done "hair to the stars" and has done many fashion shows as well. Apparently, Bale's mother is a hairdresser as well my this lady "knows" her well.

So, the subject came up during the course of her conversation. Her hairdresser stated "This is his mother's fault. She's mousy, jealous and petty. She was trying to steal the spotlight in London from her son. She's evil. This is all her fault. I feel sorry for Chris."

So there you go. If it disappears, I'm sure she's right.

KcMizzou
07-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Okay, take this for what it's worth:

My wife went to her Beverly Hills hairdresser today (FTR, straight female with children). She's done "hair to the stars" and has done many fashion shows as well. Apparently, Bale's mother is a hairdresser as well my this lady "knows" her well.

So, the subject came up during the course of her conversation. Her hairdresser stated "This is his mother's fault. She's mousy, jealous and petty. She was trying to steal the spotlight in London from her son. She's evil. This is all her fault. I feel sorry for Chris."

So there you go. If it disappears, I'm sure she's right.Sure enough...

Christian Bale 'flew off the handle after family begged for £100k'

Batman star Christian Bale argued with his sister after she asked him for £100,000 to help raise her children, it was alleged today.

The 34-year-old Batman star is reported to have snubbed the plea and allegedly 'pushed and shoved' Sharon and his mother Jenny, 61, during a row in his suite at the Dorchester Hotel on Monday.

A source told The Sun: 'Christian is a very wealthy man and was asked to help his sister out financially.

'He was asked to loan her £100,000 but he refused and it caused an almighty row.'

Jenny Bale is also said to have made highly disparaging comments about the star's glamorous wife of eight years, Sibi, 38, a former make-up artist and model.

Last night, Bale attended the Spanish premiere of The Dark Knight in Barcelona, but refused to speak to reporters and made no comment about the incident.

The astonishing family feud is said to have happened on Sunday evening in Bale's £6,000-a-night suite at the Dorchester hotel in central London.

The women, who live relatively modest lifestyles in Dorset, were in capital to attend the following day's premiere of the latest Batman film, The Dark Knight.

However, the family group started to argue about money.

A friend told the Daily Mail said: 'Things got out of control and he now says he wishes he just left the room. Normally Christian would just call a friend and go out to a pub to cool off.

'But he was literally trapped into this confrontation with his mother and sister because there was an army of paparazzi and fans outside.'
Bale

Although police were informed about Sunday's incident, they decided to wait until they had spoken to the alleged victims before questioning Bale.

Jenny and Sharon Bale gave their statements to police on Monday and on Tuesday

Bale spent nearly five hours at Belgravia police station in central London.

Though Jenny Bale - who formerly worked as a circus clown and now is a reflexologist - has previously spoken of her pride in her son, the two do not appear to be especially close.

Christian Bale's parents split up when he was 13. Four years later, while his mother Jenny stayed in Bournemouth, Christian followed his father David to live in America.
Sharon

In stark contrast to Bale's multimillionaire Hollywood lifestyle, Jenny Bale lives in a modest £275,000, detached house in Southbourne, Dorset. She drives a VW Beetle decorated with angelwing motifs.

She has worked a dancer, a sword-eater's assistant and has played the Queen of Hearts at an Alice in Wonderland children's theme park.

She brought up Christian and his two sisters Louise and Sharon among a menagerie of family pets, including 12 cats, six dogs, two ponies, 24 guinea pigs, two rabbits and several stick insects.

Christian Bale married Sandra 'Sibi' Blazic, 38, in 2000 after the couple met when she was working as a personal assistant to the actress Winona Ryder on the film Little Women. They have a three-year-old daughter.
Bale

Yesterday one source close to Christian Bale revealed that the couple had recently been experiencing marital problems.

The actor is also said to have been in a fragile state of mind following the death of his friend Heath Ledger, who also stars in The Dark Knight film, from a drugs overdose.

Recently he also complained that he had been depressed and suffering from insomnia.

Yesterday neither Jenny nor Sharon Bale - who lives very near her mother in a £240,000 semi-detached home - were willing to comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1038185/Christian-Bale-flew-handle-family-begged-100k.html