PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Does anybody remember what John Kerry's healthcare policy was?

SNR
07-22-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd be curious to compare the two nominees from 2004 and 2008. I can't remember the last time all this fuss over nationalized healthcare started... since Clinton it seems like. Did he even talk about nationalizing it?

It would seem that Obama is definitely a bigger enemy than the Republicans ever dreamed Kerry could be if elected.

HonestChieffan
07-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Whatever Theresa said it should be

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Kerry talked about it extensively, but I'm drawing a blank on the specifics for the moment.

For starters, you could probably look it up yourself.

HonestChieffan
07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
easy to assume it was a nationalized health care plan that we cant afford. But probably less cost than Obamas since his covers every illegal who needs a shot or an asprin.

StcChief
07-22-2008, 11:00 AM
who? what?

acesn8s
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
For starters, you could probably look it up yourself.
I'm tired of this response. If one wanted to to look it up, they would and would not be asking other if they remember it. Not just on this issue but on all issues whether in D.C. or the lounge. :cuss:

HC_Chief
07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm sure it changed a dozen times.

markk
07-22-2008, 11:53 AM
i would like to read a very detailed comparison of Obama and Kerry's positions.

StcChief
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
it will come out over next few months

Direckshun
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
it will come out over next few months
Why, exactly?

StcChief
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Why, exactly?

the issues that are of concern to the US people ELECTING THEM will have to be discussed...once their plans are out.
comparison to old ones naturally follow.

noa
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM

masochist

SNR
07-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm tired of this response. If one wanted to to look it up, they would and would not be asking other if they remember it. Not just on this issue but on all issues whether in D.C. or the lounge. :cuss:QFT

Chiefnj2
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
There's this really cool thing called Google that not many people have learned about yet. It's a search device. Type in what you're looking for and it will bring you to articles about it.

"Mr. Kerry's plan, which has a goal of providing health insurance to more than 26 million of the 45 million people without health insurance, including all children, has three basic elements.

It would encourage employers to offer health insurance, and seek to lower the cost of premiums, by having the government subsidize 75 percent of the cost of catastrophic claims - probably those over about $50,000 - for businesses that provide coverage to their workers. It would give more children access to health care by raising the income cutoff for Medicaid and state-run health programs. And it would pay for those programs by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for people earning more than $200,000 a year.

Mr. Kerry's advisers say the plan would not entail the creation of any big new bureaucracies, would be voluntary for employers and would rely heavily on existing government programs. Many independent analysts agree with the thrust of Mr. Kerry's argument, saying that he is basically building on the existing employer-based health insurance system while creating a wider safety net for low- and middle-income families"