PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Baltimore?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I will be there in a couple of months staying at the new Hilton next to Camden Yards. I've never been to B-More. What are some cool spots and places to eat at in the Inner Harbor area? What about some bars?

Thanks,
Marty

Smed1065
07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Downtown and the high class bars with Ray Lewis?

Friendo
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I will be there in a couple of months staying at the new Hilton next to Camden Yards. I've never been to B-More. What are some cool spots and places to eat at in the Inner Harbor area? What about some bars?

Thanks,
Marty

Fells Point-across the Harbor-all you can handle. Phillips Crab House, although the locals probably consider it a tourist trap--but try a soft-shell crab sammich for sure. Don't know if they tore down Memorial Stadium, but that would be on the required history tour imo.

http://www.fellspoint.us/

help him out RJ!

RJ
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
From downtown you'll be very close to Fells Point, lots of great bars and restaurants there. Go to Bertha's and eat some mussels. Try the paella if you have someone to share it with. Then go bar hopping. You won't be disappointed.

Make a point to eat in Little Italy. My favorite is Chiaperilli's. Make sure to have the salad. Another Italian favorite is Sabatini's. Or, for something different, try Tio Pepe's, traditional Spanish.

Most importantly, eat some steamed crabs. From where you're staying Obrycki's is probably a good choice but if you're going to get a little further from downtown there might be better choices. Or if you want a crab cake venture out to a place called Angelina's.

Pizza and subs? Don't get me started.

When I go back to Baltimore I spend most of my time eating. Could you tell?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I am there for a week. Only night that is not free is Tuesday night, we have a party at Camden Yards on Eutaw Street. Thank you for the tips. Crab is a must; I hate mussels, however.

Friendo
07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I am there for a week. Only night that is not free is Tuesday night, we have a party at Camden Yards on Eutaw Street. Thank you for the tips. Crab is a must; I hate mussels, however.

don't wander too far from the main drag;)

DJay23
07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
There was a place I ate at last time I was there called Duclaw (sp?) It was in Fells Point. Food was good but I really liked their beer. Also ate at a pretty good Mexican place around there, the name of which escapes me.

Also pay attention to where you are at. Female colleague and I were there for a conference 2 years ago and were on our way out to dinner and to the bars and somehow wandered into the redlight district. Must have been along our route from downtown to Fells Point, no one warned us. Just all of a sudden it seemed we were being asked to go into strip clubs and to participate in 3 ways with some nasty looking women. Was not a very comfortable couple of blocks.

Mojo Rising
07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I was there last year and was very disappointed.

Blue Crabs are small and a lot of work to eat. Dungeness taste much better and are much easier to eat.

Baltimore is to DC as Oakland is to SF.

The Bad Guy
07-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Big Mac Attack,

Let me know the dates you're going to be there. I live about 50 miles from Baltimore. Don't know much about it - only went to the aquarium there.

The Bad Guy
07-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Blue Crabs are small and a lot of work to eat. Dungeness taste much better and are much easier to eat.

I think both Baltimore and DC suck.

Mojo Rising
07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
I think both Baltimore and DC suck.

DC at least has a reason to visit...monuments and all.

RJ
07-23-2008, 10:50 AM

Heresy!!!

Blue crabs are small only if you order the small ones. I wouldn't trade a dozen blues for a whole bushel of dungeness.

Also, the reason blue crabs are a lot of work is so you'll have more time to drink beer and BS with your friends. This is how nature intended it. Maryland steamed crabs are not meant to be a meal, they're meant to be an event. They're what you do for your dad on Fathers Day, they're what you go out for on a first date, they're what you take the relatives out for when they visit from the midwest.........correctly done, eating steamed crabs is fun!

Baltimore has character. DC has.......well, the museums are nice.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Frank...email me at my normal AOL account. We need to catch up.

Big Mac Attack,

Let me know the dates you're going to be there. I live about 50 miles from Baltimore. Don't know much about it - only went to the aquarium there.