PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Madden franchise v. NFL Head Coach

Fried Meat Ball!
07-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Looking at the press on NFL Head Coach, I may opt for it over Madden. I'd already decided I was going to rent Madden this year before I bought it to make sure it was worth the $60. But looking at Head Coach 09, I might go that route - looks more like what I'm interested in. Also looks like EA is phasing out Madden's franchise mode in favor of what appears to be a full franchise-mode game experience. New things in HC 09 include trades that go beyond the next season (trade for future draft picks).

HC actually looks pretty sweet.

Adept Havelock
07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Looking at the press on NFL Head Coach, I may opt for it over Madden. I'd already decided I was going to rent Madden this year before I bought it to make sure it was worth the $60. But looking at Head Coach 09, I might go that route - looks more like what I'm interested in. Also looks like EA is phasing out Madden's franchise mode in favor of what appears to be a full franchise-mode game experience. New things in HC 09 include trades that go beyond the next season (trade for future draft picks).

HC actually looks pretty sweet.

Depends on if the QB will be occasionally throwing 180 degrees from the line of scrimmage again.

QuikSsurfer
07-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Depends on if the QB will be occasionally throwing 180 degrees from the line of scrimmage again.

lol
That shit made me madder than hell.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Never happened to me.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
why dont you just buy both, you get them both for $90 bucks

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200472

Dayze
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
it's been a few years; I got the NFL HC when it first came out, and was extremelly disappointed. Maybe it has changed since it's innagural release. It just seemed filled with a lot of repetitive activity that seemed to have no real bearing or outcome.

...again, perhaps it's changed with the '09 version.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
it's been a few years; I got the NFL HC when it first came out, and was extremelly disappointed. Maybe it has changed since it's innagural release. It just seemed filled with a lot of repetitive activity that seemed to have no real bearing or outcome.

Yeah, I understand that. It looks to me like this version will kick the previous version's ass all over the field.

Guru
07-23-2008, 01:38 PM
why dont you just buy both, you get them both for $90 bucks

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200472

Last I heard, that was the only way to get Head Coach this year.

Jenson71
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Last I heard, that was the only way to get Head Coach this year.

I think you can get it this way, or wait a month for it to be released separately.

Valiant
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow so EA is taking shit away from their games and making another one???

Buck
07-24-2008, 12:12 AM
I picked up the dual-pack...

Hopefully it is good.

KCrockaholic
07-24-2008, 12:14 AM
i wish they made head coach 09 for ps2...i guess its time to upgrade my system...

Mr. Arrowhead
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM

yea i agree, that game was horrible, i played it 2 days and i had enough, i think i eventually traded it in for Madden

Jenson71
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I picked up the dual-pack...

Hopefully it is good.

You picked it up? Doesn't it come out in mid-August?