PDA

View Full Version : General Politics War Veterans Attacking McCain and Supporting Obama

Chiefnj2
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
WASHINGTON - A veterans group critical of the war in Iraq accuses John McCain of wanting to occupy Iraq indefinitely, against the wishes of the country's leaders, in an ad that will air later this week.

The group, VoteVets.org, calls attention to Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's desire for a troop withdrawal timetable. The group will spend $100,000 to run the ad on the MSNBC and CNN cable channels from Friday through the middle of next week.

In the ad, Iraq war veteran Brandon Woods of New York says: "What did we fight for in Iraq? I have some idea. I fought in Operation Iraqi Freedom. And 'freedom' means when the Iraqi people and their Prime Minister ask us to make a plan to leave, we do. But Senator McCain would occupy Iraq indefinitely, against their wishes. That's not what freedom means. That's not what we fought for. Senator, I thought you would know better."

Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama was in Baghdad earlier this week when Iraqi officials said they envisioned a U.S. combat troop withdrawal in 2010. That's generally the same 16-month timetable Obama has recommended.

ChiTown
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
"A veterans group critical of the war in Iraq accuses John McCain of wanting to occupy Iraq indefinitely, against the wishes of the country's leaders, in an ad that will air later this week."

That's absolutely shocking that they're being critical of McCain and backing Obama.

:LOL:

Calcountry
07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
I just got the inspiration for the next Jack in the box ad.

Jack backs Barack.

HolmeZz
07-23-2008, 08:24 PM
"A veterans group critical of the war in Iraq accuses John McCain of wanting to occupy Iraq indefinitely, against the wishes of the country's leaders, in an ad that will air later this week."

That's absolutely shocking that they're being critical of McCain and backing Obama.

:LOL:

It's about as shocking as pro-war veterans backing McCain, yet that somehow managed to get a thread here.

Direckshun
07-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Link, please.