PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OFFICIAL training camp reports thread

Pages : [1] 2

Count Alex's Losses
07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Warpaint Illustrated has arrived in River Falls. Now we're just waiting on that gosh-darned football team (Chiefs should be here tomorrow at 4:30 or so and we'll be on the scene).

"Hold ya ears folks, It's Showtime!"

blueballs
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
time enough for you to crawl into r moss's panties
no excuses

Stinger
07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
This can't be the Official thread no ***** in the Thread title. WTG n00b. :shake:

o:-)
:D

On the serious side looking forward to all the reports from River Falls from all sources.

Count Alex's Losses
07-23-2008, 11:41 PM
RIVER FALLS DAY ONE RECAP

QUICK HITS

Luigi's pizza - lackluster crust, mediocre pepperoni, boring cheese.

WHO'S HOT

Luigi's pizza waitress - good looking, blonde, excellent service. Signed a one-minute, $3 contract.

WHO'S NOT

Me. Let's hear it for the Super 8 air conditioning. Ahhhh.

OVERHEARD

"I've been following this black SUV for like 100 miles. Did you see Hard Knocks last year? I bet Herm Edwards is driving."

BigRock
07-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Are you guys going to do a WPI roundtable while sitting at an actual round table?

Count Alex's Losses
07-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Are you guys going to do a WPI roundtable while sitting at an actual round table?

That has been discussed. And we do have a round table.

Nick is not arriving until the 31st, however.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 11:45 PM
This is the day 0 free report. Once the team arrives, it's 4.99 for the first paragraph, .99 for each additional sentence. Spelling- and grammar-checked versions are available for a minimal additional fee.

Tribal Warfare
07-24-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm really interested how Brian Johnston progresses

CrazyPhuD
07-24-2008, 02:00 AM

He'll be so good he'll make jesse haynes look like brian shay.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 02:08 AM

He's the Great White Dope

blueballs
07-24-2008, 09:14 AM
What wonderful Hermerisms will this year bring us
my mind is swolled and flustrated at the end of the day
-can you do a full report with them

Redrum_69
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
so the Rhondathan and Claythan will be in full display...like two peacocks

StcChief
07-24-2008, 09:24 AM
WHO'S HOT

Luigi's pizza waitress - good looking, blonde, excellent service. Signed a one-minute, $3 contract. but did you need the whole minute.

Tribal Warfare
07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
He's the Great White Dope

Actually the kid is pretty intelligent he made the all-academic list when he has in high school

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 11:36 AM
[Luigi's pizza - lackluster crust, mediocre pepperoni, boring cheese.

Thought you were trying to watch what you eat? Brown Bag it next time!

Dartgod
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
He'll be so good he'll make jesse haynes look like brian shay.
Awesome! LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Thought you were trying to watch what you eat? Brown Bag it next time!

First time I've had pizza in weeks. Besides it was like 10:30 and we're in River ****ing Falls.

Skip Towne
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
This is the day 0 free report. Once the team arrives, it's 4.99 for the first paragraph, .99 for each additional sentence. Spelling- and grammar-checked versions are available for a minimal additional fee.

Sounds reasonable but do they have one that is accurate?

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
That has been discussed. And we do have a round table.

Nick is not arriving until the 31st, however.

great news, you will have some time to report something accurate before he gets there and messes it up.

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
great news, you will have some time to report something accurate before he gets there and messes it up.

LMAO

kepp
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

Or even after he arrives...if he types fast enough to get the story posted before it makes it all the way around the table, it could still be somewhat accurate.

WPI Blows
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Screw this thread. I am going to Adam Teicher for my shit.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Screw this thread. I am going to Adam Teicher for my shit.

Adam Teicher blows.

Seriously, I don't know how that guy still has a job. He writes with the passion of a eunuch surrounded by 40 virgins.

tmax63
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM
He comes up with something once in a while (see blind squirrel and nut) but it's amazing how often he says exactly whats showing up on the ticker at the bottom of the TV.

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Adam Teicher blows.

Seriously, I don't know how that guy still has a job. He writes with the passion of a eunuch surrounded by 40 virgins.

I wasn't impressed with him when I met him at camp in 2006.

I was sitting in the bleachers, and he came and sat next to me with his notebook. I had no idea who he was - but asked, and for the next 15 minutes, all I could think to myself was, "this ****ing dolt is the beat writer for a NFL franchise?"

I swear, it was like talking football with KCChiefsfan88. Excruciating.

smittysbar
07-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Man missing camp this year realy sucks.

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Redrum_69
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM

Katie Horner there with you too?

smittysbar
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM

Sounds like a good day to get drunk in RF. Lord knows there is nothing else to do.

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 05:26 PM
We're back. Chiefs are here. Larry Johnson is dreamy.

I took a ton of pics and one of them is hilarious. Tank and Turk are awesome. ROFL

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 05:36 PM
We're back. Chiefs are here. Larry Johnson is dreamy.

I took a ton of pics and one of them is hilarious. Tank and Turk are awesome. ROFL
Share!

CupidStunt
07-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Share!

Share or shut up. I agree.

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Haha. I don't want to spoil it. It's too good.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Share!

IM not sure if pics of Claythan sucking off LJ are appropriate for this site.

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
God, the receptionist downstairs has some big hooters.

Tribal Warfare
07-24-2008, 10:45 PM

pics?

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
None, but I had her change a dollar, went to the vending machine, and then came back and changed another dollar. It was sort of like going to a strip club.

FAX
07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
So that's why they changed the name from Tittaw Falls. It all becomes clear, now. In their youth, the matrons at the grocery could pass the pencil test.

FAX

DeezNutz
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM

ROFL

You're 17, aren't you?

Get some pictures.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 09:31 AM
It's raining. lol

smittysbar
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
I looked at the forecast.

About a 90% chance of intoxication, with scattered shots to be expected.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Indoor walkthru today. Booooring. Clark Hunt is here though.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/prev_updates?page=2&Files=07-25-08am.htm

Thursday, July 24, 2008: Chiefs First Practice Indoors

It was a wet start to the 2008 Kansas Chiefs Summer Training Camp. Grey clouds dropped rain that completely saturated the practice fields with water. The rain forced the Chiefs indoors to the Knowles Center for their first practice.The temperature was 72 degrees with a slight southwest wind at 7 miles per hour with an overall humidity of 90 percent.

Head Coach Herm Edwards walked into the lobby of the facility to keep an eye on the weather.While players waited for practice to begin they tossed around a football. Shouts of encouragement among the players were heard all around. Boxes of shoes, towel baskets and storage containers lined the track around the courts the Chiefs had their walkthrough on.

Offense

Running back Larry Johnson took all of the handoffs with the first stringers running behind a new offensive line. First round draft pick Branden Albert was in on every first string snap at left guard. Brian Waters was at let tackle, Adrian Jones was at right tackle and Damion McIntosh was at right guard with the first unit. Third-year center Rudy Niswanger snapped for the first stringers to round out the Chiefs’ first practice offensive line.Second-year wide receiver Dwayne Bowe caught three of quarterback Brodie Croyle’s throws. Croyle completed 15-16 passes, finding veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez seven times.

Wide receiver Devard Darling joined Bowe with the first-string offense, with wide receivers Maurice Price, Bobby Sippio, Jeff Webb, and Will Franklin rotating in on three-wide receiver sets.

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe seemed almost giddy during the first practice as he tossed a football around with other players while taking his turn playing defense when the third string offense was walking through plays. He and tight end Tony Gonzalez also stayed after and played catch with linebacker Donnie Edwards for a couple of minutes. Bowe made a final appearance after the morning session when he walked up to the podium prior to Head Coach Herm Edwards’ press conference. He was laughing as he left the podium as the media heckled him.

Defense

The media was confined to a small area in the southeast corner of Knowles complex. The offense was on the nearest side to the media, making it difficult to track what the defense was up to.

Tamba Hali and Ron Edwards were two of the defensive linemen who saw quality time during the mock-snap drills. Rookie DaJuan Morgan was also seeing some first-string time in the safety position. Throughout the practice, the defense seemed more leisure than the offense, primarily focusing on one drill, using only two strings of players.

Special Teams

The special teams punt unit worked on blocking the punt after a portion of the team was released to the locker rooms at a quarter to eleven. Special Teams Coach Mike Priefer gave the players energetic instruction. “If we can’t get our depth, we can’t block anybody,” he exclaimed. Punter Dustin Colquitt took multiple snaps from long snapper Jean-Philippe Darche as players worked on blocking technique on the left and right sides. “Protect the block spot, “said Priefer, “Nice job men, you’re getting the concept.”

Extra, Extra...

UW-River Falls Falcon Foods employee Fritz Jumpp hadn’t seen anybody at the concession stand at Ramer Field due to the weather. Pam Cochran of Rolla, Mo. and her family made the 12-hour journey for today’s practice. “We just got up here and they said it was cancelled,” she said with disappointment.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, those River Falls chicks are clueless. Albert didn't play left guard. I'm putting my update up now.

EDIT - Wow, they really f'd up the first-string OL. Horrible.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 01:17 PM
First update is live!

http://kan.scout.com/2/772295.html

FAX
07-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for posting, Mr. GoChiefs. This one caught my eye ...

“I kind of know what the offense is doing. They keep running the same plays over and over again, so I’ve got that figured out.”

Herm just exudes confidence, doesn't he?

FAX

penguinz
07-25-2008, 01:38 PM
“I don’t have any (thoughts)."

- Herm Edwards

Says a lot doesn't it? :p

Rausch
07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for posting, Mr. GoChiefs. This one caught my eye ...

I kind of know what the offense is doing. They keep running the same plays over and over again, so Ive got that figured out.

Herm just exudes confidence, doesn't he?

FAX

He's a ****ing sly, sarcastic, cynical, subtle ****-you kind of guy.

He gets away with it because you don't realize he's told you to **** off until you're driving home...

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
UPDATE 2:08 PM

This year the Perkin's has hot waitresses.

Fruit Ninja
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
So it was Bowe and Sippio starting? You did name him right after Bowe.

Fruit Ninja
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I dont have any (thoughts)."

- Herm Edwards

Says a lot doesn't it? :p

You left out the rest of his quote. No reason to have any thoughts on something you have 0 control over.

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
So it was Bowe and Sippio starting? You did name him right after Bowe.

I don't think they've decided who's starting yet. There was a lot of rotation.

Bob Gretz did mention that the first snap saw Darling and Bowe lined up, though.

Cottam is the 2nd string TE fo sho, BTW. Dude is huge, too.

RustShack
07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't that be funny if Sippio emerged as the #2 WR.

StcChief
07-25-2008, 03:49 PM

don't hold your breathe

noa
07-25-2008, 03:49 PM
"First round draft pick Branden Albert was in on every first string snap at left guard. Brian Waters was at let tackle, Adrian Jones was at right tackle and Damion McIntosh was at right guard with the first unit."

WTF?!

That's wrong. Everywhere else says Albert was playing LT and Waters was LG.

penguinz
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
You left out the rest of his quote..Did I really?

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow. Practice sucked this afternoon. We had a major storm and everyone went inside for protection.

When the power came back on they did some crap on the gym floor inside. We couldn't see shit for the most part but I got some notes.

However I have GREAT photos from the storm shelter bit. LJ was poppin' gardettos or some shit. I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO LJ SEEEERIOUSLY!

Count Alex's Losses
07-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Afternoon update is live.

I have some photos going up in a bit.

Tribal Warfare
07-25-2008, 07:36 PM

pics

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 05:43 AM

I have some photos going up in a bit.

Nothing happened but you need to pay for the afternoon rain report.

Mornings are free cause they work on a walk throughs in the mornings.

Pay me money and we will tell U the power went off and they waited for it to come back up in the afternoon!

Just $100 a year.

Its exclusive. Only at We Phuk Individuals = WPI

LOL

Its just 99.99!

It includes spelling errors and ignorant views with connections. Like me and you.

Sucking CP and front office leaders cost! Guess we know why someone was best for the job.

I mean if we have a story that breaks news, Inside info 2 years ago. We have to retract it because we might get cut off of a media pass.

(see LJ losing playbook, inside info then they covered it up after announcing they had the only facts and shit canned it for media passes renewed!)

Sad.

Same or worse than the KCCHIEFS.COM (at least it is free!)

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Actually, Smed, they practiced inside again. 11 on 11.

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Sowhat's going on today?

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Actually, Smed, they practiced inside again. 11 on 11.

PS. They signed Glenn Dorsey, ClayAthan....:hmmm:

I did not mean to give inside info. :D

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Good practice today. Larry looked great. He's full of energy. The dude never loafs on a single play.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Is Dorsey gonna practice today?

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Is Dorsey gonna practice today?

No idea. Pat is at the press conference. Dorsey may be there.

milkman
07-26-2008, 11:51 AM
So Rob Smith played second team center?

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Yes.

Rooster
07-26-2008, 12:04 PM

I always thought he was more of a #1WR. :D

CosmicPal
07-26-2008, 12:07 PM
I swear, if I hear that Dorsey comes to camp fat and out-of-shape, I'm going to go apesh*t. :D

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 01:00 PM
We live. Brodie Croyle and Larry Johnson are stone-cold ballas!

http://kan.scout.com/2/772563.html

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 01:15 PM
We live. Brodie Croyle and Larry Johnson are stone-cold ballas!

http://kan.scout.com/2/772563.html

Exhibit #6842 of WPI spam.

smittysbar
07-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Exhibit #6842 of WPI spam.

That is a link to an article, this is not what they were talking about

Skip Towne
07-26-2008, 01:20 PM
That is a link to an article, this is not what they were talking about

It's more WPI shit.

MyChiefConcern
07-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I refuse to "give it up" for Carl Peterson. The man was just doing what he ****ing gets paid to do, and finally managed to not **** it up one year.

It's like rewarding mediocrity.

Spicy McHaggis
07-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Clay, is Boone still working out of the LDE spot?

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Clay, is Boone still working out of the LDE spot?

Yes, although I've seen him playing DT in the nickel.

WOW! Grateful Bread has GREAT sandwiches.

EDIT - here is Pat's report.

http://kan.scout.com/2/772566.html

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, although I've seen him playing DT in the nickel.

WOW! Grateful Bread has GREAT sandwiches.

EDIT - here is Pat's report.

http://kan.scout.com/2/772566.html

Damion McIntosh didn't yield a quarterback pressure, but is giving ground to over-sized defensive end Alfonso Boone and is also not really blowing anyone off the ball in the running game.

Exactly why he has no business playing RG or RT, as Milkman and I have pointed out constantly this offseason.

While questions about Brodie still linger, there is no question that Damon Huard is nearing the end of his career. He looked terrible this morning, as he has the entire offseason. He has no zip on his balls, his accuracy is shot, and he looks squeamish in the pocket despite the fact he's wearing the tackle-proof yellow jersey.

Welcome to last year, Pat. When are YOU going to start writing, Clayton?

Brian Waters is practicing like he has something to prove. He was blowing people up and grunting while doing it in position drills this morning, proving he is as ready for this football season to get started as the rest of us.

Grunting is proof that he's ready? Interesting.

Seriously, thanks for sharing Clayton, but your writing blows Nick and Pat away. Get to work.

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2008, 02:10 PM
LOL...

Logged into the wrong account?

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I've written four articles already, dude. You miss them or something?

milkman
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Damion McIntosh didn't yield a quarterback pressure, but is giving ground to over-sized defensive end Alfonso Boone and is also not really blowing anyone off the ball in the running game.

Exactly why he has no business playing RG or RT, as Milkman and I have pointed out constantly this offseason.

While questions about Brodie still linger, there is no question that Damon Huard is nearing the end of his career. He looked terrible this morning, as he has the entire offseason. He has no zip on his balls, his accuracy is shot, and he looks squeamish in the pocket despite the fact he's wearing the tackle-proof yellow jersey.

Welcome to last year, Pat. When are YOU going to start writing, Clayton?

Brian Waters is practicing like he has something to prove. He was blowing people up and grunting while doing it in position drills this morning, proving he is as ready for this football season to get started as the rest of us.

Grunting is proof that he's ready? Interesting.

Seriously, thanks for sharing Clayton, but your writing blows Nick and Pat away. Get to work.

I try not to get to cuaght up in the writing, rather focusing on what they're reporting, nut you're right, it is rather poorly written.

I will say, however, that his reference to the "grunting" is his way of telling us that he is giving maximum effort.

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
I've written five articles already, dude. You miss them or something?

I guess so.

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

Looks like there's no AM practice tomorrow. PARTY TIME!

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Glenn Dorsey is here. Article coming.

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 06:48 PM
DeMorrio Williams = awesome.

Glenn Dorsey looked a little winded out there.

Herm also tortured us for an hour and 45 minutes. Longest Herm practice last two years.

Mecca
07-26-2008, 06:54 PM
DeMorrio Williams = awesome.

Glenn Dorsey looked a little winded out there.

Herm also tortured us for an hour and 45 minutes. Longest Herm practice last two years.

If they're running with no pads Williams is going to look amazing he's very fast for his position.

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 06:54 PM
If they're running with no pads Williams is going to look amazing he's very fast for his position.

No they had pads on.

But he makes it into tonight's WHO'S HOT and PLAYS OF THE DAY

Oh yeah. And we ran bootlegs. Lots of bootlegs. And defended it pretty well.

Fairplay
07-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Sucking CP and front office leaders cost! Guess we know why someone was best for the job.

ROFL

Thats great, awesome job!

chiefbowe82
07-26-2008, 07:11 PM
So whats the lineup looking like?
DE-Turk/Boone
DT-Dorsey
DT-Tank/Edwarsds/Boone (most likely?)
DE-Hali
OLB-Johnson
MLB-Harris
OLB-Edwards
CB-Surtain
CB-Flowers
FS-Page
SS-Pollard/Morgan

QB-Croyle
FB-Hoyte
RB-Johnson accompanied by kolby and charles
TE-Tony
WR-Bowe
WR-Franklin
now our o-line I haven't kept up with so this may be quite a bit off
LT-Albert
LG-Waters
C-Niswanger
RG-Jones
RT-McIntosh

P-Colquitt
K-Cundiff
Good to see us looking young, just need to get younger at oline, cb, lb core

Fairplay
07-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Glenn Dorsey is here. I'm cuming.

Keep your personal life to yourself dude.

Frankie
07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Keep your personal life to yourself dude.

No kidding!

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Cox is usually the first FB out with the starters. Darling accompanies Bowe first usually. Boone is still starting at LDE in base, but moves inside with Turk at LE in nickel. Doubt they've decided on a kicker.

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 07:56 PM
By the way, this isn't going in tonight's premium update, since I have no idea what was going on, but David Gibbs was talking to Tyron Brackenridge as they finished up today. Brack looked down and it appeared Gibbs was trying to console him about having his job threatened by the young corners. Something about "having been there himself," or something. I feel kind of sorry for Brack, I've like him since last training camp. :(

KCrockaholic
07-26-2008, 08:24 PM
thanks for all the news man, im gettin excited

Mecca
07-26-2008, 08:29 PM
By the way, this isn't going in tonight's premium update, since I have no idea what was going on, but David Gibbs was talking to Tyron Brackenridge as they finished up today. Brack looked down and it appeared Gibbs was trying to console him about having his job threatened by the young corners. Something about "having been there himself," or something. I feel kind of sorry for Brack, I've like him since last training camp. :(

It's not like he's going to get cut...unless he is so bad he can get beat out by some scrub like Barksdale.

Count Alex's Losses
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM

It's premium, but all Chiefs fans should get to read this section:

Glenn Dorsey (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3722647)’s triumphant arrival made media and fans flock like hummingbirds to nectar, and the most expensive Chief started his day by jawing with linemate Tamba Hali (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698856) about whose college program was superior. But soon it was time to get to work.

Head Coach Herm Edwards introduced the rookie defensive tackle to NFL life with the longest training camp practice I can recall the last two years – a full hour and 45 minutes, which is nothing compared to, say, a Dick Vermeil grinder, but a good 30 minutes longer than the average Edwards session.

Dorsey was included among the first quartet of defensive linemen to hit Tim Krumrie’s blocking sleds during drills, completed his first rope drill perfectly, and got plenty of action in one-on-one matchups and 11-on-11’s. When practice was over, however, there was no ceremonial goalpost-duct-tape crucifixion or Gatorade waterfall, the hazing that befell Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698848) a year ago.

Instead, Dorsey simply walked off the practice field, got mobbed by reporters, and then wearily hauled his first-round posterior to the locker room. See you tomorrow, rookie, and stay away from the cheese curds.

DANCE, BITCH!

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7241/cimg5566xd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KCUnited
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
What about Cottam? Have we tried him in the boot yet? Size, Speed, Hands, Smarts = Secret Weapon.

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Woo! I'm inebriated. Still can't get laid despite the abundant amount of hot chicks out at these ****ing bars. But at least I can SPELL. AMAZING!

No practice tomorrow morning. Only a PM practice. I'm going to flip a coin as to whether or not it gets a premium report. If it's heads, I, uh....beat up Batman and ask Han Solo out on a date. We'll go to Perkins. Tails, I eat an english muffin for breakfast.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/871/drunk2bw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

beer bacon
07-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Woo! I'm inebriated. Still can't get laid despite the abundant amount of hot chicks out at these ****ing bars. But at least I can SPELL. AMAZING!

No practice tomorrow morning. Only a PM practice. I'm going to flip a coin as to whether or not it gets a premium report. If it's heads, I, uh....beat up Batman and ask Han Solo out on a date. We'll go to Perkins. Tails, I eat an english muffin for breakfast.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/871/drunk2bw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

If Batman can take his mom, I think he could take you.

TEX
07-27-2008, 02:42 AM

100% correct. Especially when you consider that every time he has played on the right side during his career it has been a miserable failure. This one's obvious - he has absolutely no business being anywhere on the right side of the OL. Hope the Chiefs realize that soon.

ChiefsCountry
07-27-2008, 03:20 AM

You two arent the only ones. I think I said it quite a few times as well. Herb or Barry need to be the right tackle IMO.

Chiefs=Good
07-27-2008, 04:22 AM
So GoChiefs, you were at last years training camp right? So is there a noticable improvement in Croyle yet...?

pikesome
07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
So GoChiefs, you were at last years training camp right? So is there a noticable improvement in Croyle yet...?

From the guy who spent a considerable amount of time fight with Hootie over Huard's jock strap, I'm not sure GoChiefs is qualified to judge.

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Last year Croyle had a pretty good camp, actually. He didn't bomb until the preseason.

It's too early to tell this year. I know he's only thrown one pass that could have been intercepted, though.

I've seen some very accurate throws, though. Yesterday he fired this laser on an out, about 15 yards, right into Allan's hand, but the guy dropped it.

As for the Huard comment, Huard looks terrible up here. Pat thinks he's done as a player. The dude IS 35.

smittysbar
07-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Last year Croyle had a pretty good camp, actually. He didn't bomb until the preseason.

It's too early to tell this year. I know he's only thrown one pass that could have been intercepted, though.

I've seen some very accurate throws, though. Yesterday he fired this laser on an out, about 15 yards, right into Allan's hand, but the guy dropped it.

As for the Huard comment, Huard looks terrible up here. Pat thinks he's done as a player. The dude IS 35.

He is right, we were at TC last year, and Croyle looked good. I wouldn't really say he bombed in preseason, just a young QB, playing behind a bunch of scrubs. D-Mac got injured and it seemed to change everything.

As for Huard, he looked horrible last year at TC. Throwing rainbows that would bring rain. They knew their decision to go with Huard going in if you ask me.

Coach
07-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Huard was terrible last year, FYI. He was just terrible all around.

Coach
07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Speaking of Huard, I'm still shocked that those two weren't added to the smilie collection.

When a blitz is coming after him...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/taga68/banana%20smilies/nanerscared.gif

Or how bad Huard throws...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/taga68/smilies/gayqb.gif

Deberg_1990
07-27-2008, 10:39 AM

The Chiefs should just dump Huard and pickup Leftwich. Honestly.

OnTheWarpath58
07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
You two arent the only ones. I think I said it quite a few times as well. Herb or Barry need to be the right tackle IMO.

Yeah, I knew we weren't the only ones, but MM was the other that stood out in my mind.

Hopefully the coaching staff starts thinking the same way, and soon.

JASONSAUTO
07-27-2008, 11:24 AM
YEAH we should throw taylor or richardson in there and let them grow with the rest of the line

milkman
07-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I knew we weren't the only ones, but MM was the other that stood out in my mind.

Hopefully the coaching staff starts thinking the same way, and soon.

Yeah, I also knew we weren't the only ones, but you stood out the same as I stood out for you.

I think we were the most "vocal" about it.

TEX
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM

And IMHO we'll see the same thing this year. He doesn't have it when it counts. He's had chances to show something and hasn't. Anyway, maybe he'll prove me wrong - and I hope he does - because nobody wins if he doesn't.

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Having a competent left tackle will make a huge difference. Don't forget how terrible Svitek was last year at LT in the preseason...not to mention Terry.

BTW, I ran into David Gibbs on my nature walk this morning. I was all "HAY COACH GIBBS" and he was all "YO WHAT BE POPPIN?"

Not really, but it was cool.

FAX
07-27-2008, 12:44 PM
... As for the Huard comment, Huard looks terrible up here. Pat thinks he's done as a player. The dude IS 35.

The Chiefs are a great place to end your career as a quarterback. Legion are the old passers who have come here to die.

Heck, even Croyle's career is finished and he just got started..

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 01:55 PM
I just stole a dollop of some bitch's detergent. I feel so brazen.

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Here's a tidbit from tonight's report:

PLAYS OF THE DAY

Brodie Croyle faked a handoff, bootlegged out to his left, flipped his hips around to set up and fired a laser down the left sideline. It found the hands of tight end Tony Gonzalez (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698854) about 20 yards down the field for a big gain. Croyle’s tight, accurate spiral was even more impressive considering cornerback Brandon Flowers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3723953) sniffed out the bootleg action and was right in his quarterback’s face.

It’s clear why the Chiefs spent that second-round pick on cornerback Brandon Flowers. Despite the fact that Brodie Croyle had oodles of time to throw on one particular play, Flowers stayed with wide receiver Devard Darling (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3263025), blanketing his inside route almost 20 yards down the field. Croyle tried to force in an ill-advised pass anyway, but the ball only found Flowers’ hands, a near interception.

By the way, Damon Huard is god awful. I feel so empty.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
By the way, Damon Huard is god awful. I feel so empty.

It's not your fault. No one ever tried to tell you this beforehand.

Mecca
07-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I also knew we weren't the only ones, but you stood out the same as I stood out for you.

I think we were the most "vocal" about it.

I'm the guy who wanted to draft Richardson for months....him and DaJuan Mogan so um yea they have to be good for my sake.

dorseybowe
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Huard always looks horrendous in camp. I saw the same thing at camp a few years ago.

gagesmom314
07-27-2008, 10:07 PM
We are hitting camp for the first time tomorrow morning. I am really excited. We are at the Hudson House Best Western in Hudson and saw a room down the hall from us was Chiefs fans. Anyone from here?

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Brandon Flowers' cousin just sent me an e-mail.

Small world.

Mecca
07-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Brandon Flowers' cousin just sent me an e-mail.

Small world.

Was it a nice email...

Count Alex's Losses
07-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Can't talk...gotta run...hitting the clubz with Brandon Flowerz....

Tribal Warfare
07-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Can't talk...gotta run...hitting the clubz with Brandon Flowerz....

:LOL:

Craqhead
07-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Personally i think Croyle isnt a nfl quality qb.. he's got a strong arm, but it takes alot more then that too win in the NFL.

There's a reason he was injured so much in collage... he's too small too take a real hit. and cant scramble.

I wanna be wrong cuz i dont want the number one over all draft pick next draft...

Chiefs=Good
07-28-2008, 02:10 AM

I see... Thanks mate.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Croyle can definitely scramble. He busted a run yesterday.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Personally i think Croyle isnt a nfl quality qb.. he's got a strong arm, but it takes alot more then that too win in the NFL.

There's a reason he was injured so much in collage... he's too small too take a real hit. and cant scramble.

I wanna be wrong cuz i dont want the number one over all draft pick next draft...

Now i know he isnt Mike Vick, but the dude isnt elvis Grbac, when needed to he can run a little bit

penguinz
07-28-2008, 09:05 AM

You are definitely a crackhead aren't you? His injuries in college were not from being hit and he can move when needed.

boogblaster
07-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Chan and Brodie taken us'ns too the promise-land ....

LOCOChief
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
And IMHO we'll see the same thing this year. He doesn't have it when it counts. He's had chances to show something and hasn't. Anyway, maybe he'll prove me wrong - and I hope he does - because nobody wins if he doesn't.

Everyone always proves you wrong, believe me, it's not hard to do. Your opinion is not humble either. You only give a rookie half a season as the starter to prove himself behind the worst offensive line in the NFL and you say he had his chances? Down here in SEC country nobody has forgotten about Croyle, He's got a good arm, quick feet and makes good reads Oh and he's tough as hell. Behind a good line I think we get a bunch of wins with him. Now I might be wrong, but either way I know enough about the game to understand that it going to take more than half a season as a starter for him to display his full potential.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 01:01 PM
AM recap is live.

http://kan.scout.com/2/773076.html

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Everyone always proves you wrong, believe me, it's not hard to do. Your opinion is not humble either. You only give a rookie half a season as the starter to prove himself behind the worst offensive line in the NFL and you say he had his chances? Down here in SEC country nobody has forgotten about Croyle, He's got a good arm, quick feet and makes good reads Oh and he's tough as hell. Behind a good line I think we get a bunch of wins with him. Now I might be wrong, but either way I know enough about the game to understand that it going to take more than half a season as a starter for him to display his full potential.

Welcome to the KC fanbase and a young starting QB.

There's a reason that this organization hasn't tried to develop a starting QB in 25 years (until Croyle). It has alot to do with the fact that a decent chunk of the fanbase either:

a. Are too stupid to realize that setbacks are a part of developing a young QB i.e. you're going to have some growing pains AND it takes a while to properly make that evaluation (i.e. more than just 7-9 games of starting)

OR

b. They DO realize the notions listed above under point "a" but are too impatient to sit through the lean times and mistakes.

I swear to God that some of the supposed "fans" of this team have their f#cking heads so clogged with malted Busch Light hops and bong resin that they can't see past the fumes of their '93 IROCs.

Of course, if the Chiefs had gone out and gotten another retread QB (save Brett Farve) alot of those same "fans" would b!tch that Carl is just trying to keep enough interest in the team to fill the stadium, Clark just cares about making money etc.........

I understand everyone here as varying levels of frustration with this team for not winning when it counts, but the level of negativity spewed by some folks is just ridiculous. They'd b!tch no matter what.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I swear to God that some of the supposed "fans" of this team have their f#cking heads so clogged with malted Busch Light hops and bong resin that they can't see past the fumes of their '93 IROCs.

Beautiful.

Fish
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
s and mistakes.

I resemble that remark buddy...

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
AM recap is live.

Hope that Dorsey's struggles are just a result of him getting acclimated to 2 a days.

Struggling against guys that'll be bagging groceries in 2 weeks doesn't sound promising.

Chiefnj2
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
AM recap is live.

Good recap. I'm not sure what to make of the Albert/Hali match up.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM

So tough it took two non contact plays to blow out his knees.

LOCOChief
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
So tough it took two non contact plays to blow out his knees.

Yeah but he's "tuff enough" to come backl and play and display some good mobility with those knees. Enough that it has been mentioned several times in this very thead. We've had too many pussy's at QB in KC.

Demonpenz
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah but he's "tuff enough" to come backl and play and display some good mobility with those knees. Enough that it has been mentioned several times in this very thead. We've had too many pussy's at QB in KC.

Croyle started his first home game at Arrowhead Stadium on November 25 against the Oakland Raiders,((((((( but injured his back in the 2017 loss. The injury sidelined Croyle for the following week's game against the San Diego Chargers))))))))), and Damon Huard started in Croyle's place. The injured quarterbacks continued to rotate playing time, and Croyle was again declared the starter for Kansas City's game against the Denver Broncos on December 9.[24] The plan, barring injury, was for Croyle to start the remaining games of the 2007 season, so that coach Herm Edwards and his staff could better evaluate him moving forward into 2008.[24] However, ((((((Croyle bruised his hand while trying to stop a defender from running an interception in for a touchdown)))))))[12][25] and Damon Huard, whom was the only active quarterback on the Chiefs' roster besides Croyle,[25] filled in for the remainder of the game.

Soooo tough...

donkhater
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Good recap. I'm not sure what to make of the Albert/Hali match up.
I do.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148021&highlight=donkhater+hali

LOCOChief
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Croyle started his first home game at Arrowhead Stadium on November 25 against the Oakland Raiders,((((((( but injured his back in the 2017 loss. The injury sidelined Croyle for the following week's game against the San Diego Chargers))))))))), and Damon Huard started in Croyle's place. The injured quarterbacks continued to rotate playing time, and Croyle was again declared the starter for Kansas City's game against the Denver Broncos on December 9.[24] The plan, barring injury, was for Croyle to start the remaining games of the 2007 season, so that coach Herm Edwards and his staff could better evaluate him moving forward into 2008.[24] However, ((((((Croyle bruised his hand while trying to stop a defender from running an interception in for a touchdown)))))))[12][25] and Damon Huard, whom was the only active quarterback on the Chiefs' roster besides Croyle,[25] filled in for the remainder of the game.

Soooo tough...

Tough guys get injured too, theres some bad luck involved as well IMO. but I guess your saying that you've seen enough to determine that BC's not cut out for this gig. I wounder why the people that do this for a living haven't figured it out as quick as you.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's Pat's recap:

http://kan.scout.com/2/773114.html

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I like to know how Tank Tyler, Albert, and Brian Johnston are progressing gochiefs.

Sully
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't read GoChiefs preview, yet, but I was at practice this morning, and here's what I saw.
I focused, most of the time, on Dorsey. He played both at the 3 and at the 1. During the 9 on 7, he seemed to play more 1 tech, which was weird to me, but he looked damn good. He was dominating during the 9 on 7 drill. After about 20-30 minutes, though, he looked very average. I think it's just a matter of conditioning. his feet stopped moving on contact, and he began to get double teamed on most snaps, and instead of fighting through with his feet, tried to plant one foot and muscle through it... which doesn't work in football at any level. But when Dorsey was on, he was definitely on, resetting the LoS at least 2 yards back.

Sully
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I like to know how Tank Tyler, Albert, and Brian Johnston are progressing gochiefs.

Johnston looked decent, to me, this morning. He played the counter and other runs well. But I didn't see much edge explosion on pass plays. He got around the corner, but I don't know that I saw that pop that great pass rushers have. I think he can grow into the role, but I didn't see it like I did with JA his rookie year.

Also... Tank looked average. He wasn't horrible, and made a couple of "plays," but I rarely saw him dominate his guy.

BigRock
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Why did the Chiefs spend a third-round pick on Brad Cottam? Sure, hes 6-8, but what use is that size if hes not going to dominate the middle of the field? With Tony Gonzalez sitting out today, Cottam had an opportunity, and if he caught anything in 11-on-11 drills I missed it.

MY GOD!!!!! You mean he didn't catch ANY passes during the morning session on July 28th?!?!? WHY DID THEY DRAFT THIS GUY????

You're trying a little too hard.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 03:27 PM

I haven't noticed much from Johnston at all. He's playing RE, though. They oughta give him a shot at LE.

Albert looks really good. Hali's got his work cut out for him every day. Haven't focused on Tank much but he's still running with 2nd team d-line, and the 2nd team defense is DESTROYING the 2nd team offense.

FAX
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I didn't read GoChiefs preview, yet, but I was at practice this morning, and here's what I saw.
I focused, most of the time, on Dorsey. He played both at the 3 and at the 1. During the 9 on 7, he seemed to play more 1 tech, which was weird to me, but he looked damn good. He was dominating during the 9 on 7 drill. After about 20-30 minutes, though, he looked very average. I think it's just a matter of conditioning. his feet stopped moving on contact, and he began to get double teamed on most snaps, and instead of fighting through with his feet, tried to plant one foot and muscle through it... which doesn't work in football at any level. But when Dorsey was on, he was definitely on, resetting the LoS at least 2 yards back.

Thanks, Mr. Sully. You've pointed out the main issue, so far as I am concerned. Since it appears that we're relying on Dorsey to disrupt the LOS, give the ends a one-on-one, and allow the linebackers to read a little easier, he either has to be in excellent shape and/or our rotation has to be very intelligent. If he can play at a high level in the second half of games when the enemy is either trying to run out the clock or move the chains with the pass, our defense should be vastly improved ... 'cause offensive linemen tire, too.

FAX

Sully
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Mr. Sully. You've pointed out the main issue, so far as I am concerned. Since it appears that we're relying on Dorsey to disrupt the LOS, give the ends a one-on-one, and allow the linebackers to read a little easier, he either has to be in excellent shape and/or our rotation has to be very intelligent. If he can play at a high level in the second half of games when the enemy is either trying to run out the clock or move the chains with the pass, our defense should be vastly improved ... 'cause offensive linemen tire, too.

FAX
He definitely demanded a double team every play, even when he tired. I honestly think when he gets into football shape, he'll be fine. But he really dropped off after dominating early today.

blueballs
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
when did Clayton take up drinking
is that JW upbringing wearing thin

FAX
07-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm going out on a limb here to say that we'll have a Mr. plaidballs registered at ChiefsPlanet before September.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:20 PM
The greatest moment in training camp the last two years so far happened today:

Tony Gonzalez to Fox Sports Jay Glazer - "HEY GLAZE, F*CK YOU!"

By the way, Jay Glazer walks around like he's a rock star. He looks like a roided out, short version of Phobia.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Tonight's update is premium, but here's some tidbits for you losers:

1. Dorsey beat Albert like a drum on one play.

2. The defense stopped the offense in a 2-minute drill.

3. Barry Richardson needs a LOT of work. He made Boone look like Reggie White.

4. Pollard's stepping up big time.

5. Page hurt his left leg.

6. First fight broke out today.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Svitek and who?

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Also, my camera's broke. That's what I get for aiming it at Rhonda Moss.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Also, my camera's broke. That's what I get for aiming it at Rhonda Moss.

WTF would you do that for?

Sully
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM

1. Dorsey beat Albert because he was A) Quick off the snap, and B) He was lined up inside of him already and jumped the gap.

2. The offense... today, anyway... has looked pretty bad at the QB position.

3. ...

4. Pollard looked good. Played quite a bit of man cov on TEs. Looked very good doing so.

5. ...

6. Don't know if I'd classify it as anything near a fight. It was a "thud" practice, a DB knocked down a reciever, and the center who was in came and got in his face. There was little to no shoving, a few words, and everyone back to the huddle. It was more of an argument than a "fight."

...no one owes me $99.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Damn.

I figured it was an 80% chance or better that Svitek was one of the participants in the fight...

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
WTF would you do that for?

I'm just making a joke. I dropped it in some lemonade.

OnTheWarpath58
07-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm just making a joke. I dropped it in some lemonade.

WTF would you do THAT for?

DeezNutz
07-28-2008, 06:39 PM
1. Dorsey beat Albert because he was A) Quick off the snap, and B) He was lined up inside of him already and jumped the gap.

3. ...

4. Pollard looked good. Played quite a bit of man cov on TEs. Looked very good doing so.

5. ...

6. Don't know if I'd classify it as anything near a fight. It was a "thud" practice, a DB knocked down a reciever, and the center who was in came and got in his face. There was little to no shoving, a few words, and everyone back to the huddle. It was more of an argument than a "fight."

...no one owes me $99.

:harumph:

2/3 the material. Ok. Only $66 in casino cash coming your way.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
WTF would you do THAT for?

Car went around a corner.

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 06:46 PM

3. ...

5. ...

...no one owes me $99.

Did McIntosh not practice this afternoon? Something about a knee?

One of my co-workers said something about it as I was leaving the office.

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 06:48 PM

3. ...

5. ...

...no one owes me $99.

As for #2, Brodie's looking shitty as well?

Count Alex's Losses
Did McIntosh not practice this afternoon? Something about a knee?

One of my co-workers said something about it as I was leaving the office.

Yes, Mac got hurt. I saw a trainer attending to his knee. B-Rich replaced him. Poorly.

Count Alex's Losses

Brodie was up and down this afternoon. No picks, though.

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes, Mac got hurt. I saw a trainer attending to his knee. B-Rich replaced him. Poorly.

What a glass vagina this guy is turning out to be.

How bad did it look? He wasn't carted off or anything was he?

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:49 PM
What a glass vagina this guy is turning out to be.

How bad did it look? He wasn't carted off or anything was he?

Wasn't carted off.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh hell, you guys get this gem, too:

"I WISH I WAS 20 YEARS YOUNGER. I WOULD GO WHIP SOME ASS."

- Gunther m'fing Cunningham

tomahawk kid
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Wasn't carted off.

That's a positive I guess. Did he leave the practice field?

Fuggin piece of shit will probably use this as an excuse to get a week off of practice, which is exactly the reason our OL had no consistency last season.

Everyone was "hurt" at some point during the preseason.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Here's Pat's report. It's chock full of good stuff.

Tank Tyler is the reason the second-team offense looks like balls.

http://kan.scout.com/2/773208.html

Mecca
07-28-2008, 09:18 PM

I'd rather they put him on the 1st team and put Ron Edwards on the street.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd rather they put him on the 1st team and put Ron Edwards on the street.

Watch it happen by the end of the year.

Delano
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Nice. Smut Peddler and David Duke are fantastic additions to the board.

Fish
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM

If there is one guy who I am really impressed with so far in training camp, it's Tank Tyler.

Nice....

KCUnited
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Wrongda interviewed Mac after practice, he described the knee as "maintanence", but he did have ice on it. He said its nothing and plans to practice tomorrow.

Fish
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I have absolutely zero faith in McIntosh..... none..

Tribal Warfare
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM

Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear

milkman
07-28-2008, 10:25 PM

Welcome to the club.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Watch it happen by the end of the year.
lets hope it happens by the end of preseason

KCUnited
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM

No sense in stopping there, I see the entire right side being another disaster.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Which Chiefs player that hasn't been to the Pro Bowl (other than Dwayne Bowe or Glenn Dorsey) has the best chance to go there this year?

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Which Chiefs player that hasn't been to the Pro Bowl (other than Dwayne Bowe or Glenn Dorsey) has the best chance to go there this year?

The Nigerian Nightmare

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Tonight's dinner: Chef Boyardee Beefaroni from the gas station across the road, warmed up in the hotel microwave.

Side: Pizzeria combos.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4944/dinner2qr2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fish
07-28-2008, 10:41 PM

Derrick Johnson. I'd bet a donut on it.

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
it will be nice to have a solid DT duo of Tank Tyler and Glenn Dorsey for the next 10 years.

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Derrick Johnson? :shrug:

I hope....:grovel:

Mr. Kotter
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Tonight's dinner: Chef Boyardee Beefaroni from the gas station across the road, warmed up in the hotel microwave.

Side: Pizzeria combos.

Hey, Clayton...

Any hotel with rooms available for the weekend you know about? :hmmm:

My son, niece, and I are getting to town for the Thur night practice against the Vikings....but I didn't "reserve" our usual camp site in time (so we are "counting on" 'first-come-first-serve' sites...otherwise, we are probably headed to Hudson.)

Thoughts??? :shrug:

Sully
07-28-2008, 10:46 PM

Standing in a clean pocket, he looks great. ANY pressure at all, and the ball sails, and he doesn't look good at all.

As for Tank, I have not been impressed. Today's were the only 2 practices I've seen, and he's been pretty average. He gets some penetration on one play, and then stoned on the next two.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey, Clayton...

My son, niece, and I are getting to town for the Thur night practice against the Vikings....but I didn't "reserve" our usual camp site in time (so we are "counting on" 'first-come-first-serve' sites...otherwise, we are probably headed to Hudson.)

Dunno man. Hudson probably has rooms.

gagesmom314

Yeah um...you must have been drunk when you went in there.

Count Alex's Losses
ANY pressure at all, and the ball sails, and he doesn't look good at all.

I don't think that's true at all. I've seen him make throws under pressure that were very nice.

The good news is our OL has pass blocked pretty well. It's a noticeable improvement from last year. Now that might mean our d-line sucks, but we'll see.

Yeah um...you must have been drunk when you went in there.

Dude there were like three cute little college chicks. They had nice little tight turd cutters.

gagesmom314
07-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey, Clayton...

I am sure there are rooms at the Hudson House Best Western in Hudson. It's pretty nice too.

smittysbar
07-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Standing in a clean pocket, he looks great. ANY pressure at all, and the ball sails, and he doesn't look good at all.

As for Tank, I have not been impressed. Today's were the only 2 practices I've seen, and he's been pretty average. He gets some penetration on one play, and then stoned on the next two.

Some reports say he is looking great and others are saying he isn't, I'm confused.

smittysbar
07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I am sure there are rooms at the Hudson House Best Western in Hudson. It's pretty nice too.I have stayed there, not bad, take a good pillow

Fish
07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Some reports say he is looking great and others are saying he isn't, I'm confused.

Tis the season....

Sully
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM

Thing is this... no one will know till the real bullets start flying. In practice, he is protected, and after a "sack" he can still throw. But with a guy up in his grill, he's letting loose ducks. I like that he's rolling more, and they seem to be working a lot on audibling. But I haven't been impressed with him under pressure.

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM

I wouldn't say he has been great so far. He has been good. He's certainly nowhere near Huard's level of suckitude.

FAX
07-28-2008, 10:57 PM

Dang, that's bad news. Bad, bad news. Croyle has to get his act together ... and now. Some of us are counting on the guy.

I don't get this whole Tank/Turk deal, either. I'm not sure I can even tell them apart sometimes. My hope was that the addition of Dorsey would foster an environment which would lead to Tank/Turk elevating their game. I wonder if Croyle needs exactly the same thing. He has zero position pressure coming from any backup we have in the stable.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh hell, I just have to post this:

Larry Johnson took the handoff, only to meet Trevor Johnson right in a hole at the line. A fraction of a second later, the defensive end was looking for his jockstrap on the ground while LJ was off to the races. Seriously, Larry practically made Johnson do the splits. Thats going to be embarrassing when the defense reviews practice film.

Youve got to pull his gut out of his stomach and put it in his ear!

- Cunningham with a visual aid.

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Seriously, Larry practically made Johnson do the splits.

Eww

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
It was an epic move, man. I wish I had a video of it. It was like that move Larry put on Ian Gold, only worse. Johnson had LJ dead to rights and he just FROZE the ****er and almost made him break his own leg.

GOD I LOVE LARRY JOHNSON!

dorseybowe
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm glad he's pissed again. Breaking up with his girlfriend was golden.

FAX
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM

This is interesting, "... Harrison gets off the ball relatively quick for his size, and is really strong. Id like to see him get a few reps at right guard with the first team, but Herm Edwards seems dead set on leaving the starters alone so they can have time to gel. ... "

I don't know the writer, so it's a grain of salt tumbling headlong down the ass crack of speculation, but one has to wonder why Herm won't mix it up just a tad in the very early going before settling in on the final five. It's reminiscent of last year when he seemed to make up his mind near the beginning of camp and stuck with his decision in the face of a stark and depressing reality that the guys didn't have a prayer.

FAX

Sully
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
ROFL
We are famous. One of the UWRF interns stopped us for an interview, and put up some info about us on the site.
Next stop? Ruling the world!!!

ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
ROFL
We are famous. One of the UWRF interns stopped us for an interview, and put up some info about us on the site.

ROFL

Was it the sexy little blonde?

BigRock
07-28-2008, 11:50 PM

Is Tank playing as Ron Edwards' backup or as Dorsey's? 'Cause people keep talking about Tank and Dorsey lining up together, but from everything I've read, Tank sounds more the guy who will rotate with Dorsey.

Mizzou_8541
07-29-2008, 12:04 AM
This is interesting, "... Harrison gets off the ball relatively quick for his size, and is really strong. Id like to see him get a few reps at right guard with the first team, but Herm Edwards seems dead set on leaving the starters alone so they can have time to gel. ... "

I don't know the writer, so it's a grain of salt tumbling headlong down the ass crack of speculation, but one has to wonder why Herm won't mix it up just a tad in the very early going before settling in on the final five. It's reminiscent of last year when he seemed to make up his mind near the beginning of camp and stuck with his decision in the face of a stark and depressing reality that the guys didn't have a prayer.

FAX

Wow. Well played, sir. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Is Tank playing as Ron Edwards' backup or as Dorsey's? 'Cause people keep talking about Tank and Dorsey lining up together, but from everything I've read, Tank sounds more the guy who will rotate with Dorsey.

Tank is Dorsey's backup.

BIG K
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Tank is Dorsey's backup.

So..Who is playing next to Dorsey on first string?

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Wrongda interviewed Mac after practice, he described the knee as "maintanence", but he did have ice on it. He said its nothing and plans to practice tomorrow.

Thanks.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 06:12 AM

He sure does seem to be one of those guys that gets dinged all the time and then won't play as a result.

KC Jones
07-29-2008, 07:59 AM

My guess would be Ron Edwards

Frosty
07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
ROFL

ROFL

Eric and Jill Sullins of Independence, Mo attended practice. Eric is a history teacher and football coach in Kansas City. They really love the River Falls area and said they would move up here if they didnt have so much family in Missouri. They are excited about the rookies that the Chiefs have brought in. They are expecting a daughter in September. Her name will be Madison.

Gee, I wonder how you two got your usernames? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Here's this morning's special teams update:

1. JP Darche was darn near perfect on his long snaps. I didn't see anything that might be considered a poor snap.

2. BJ Sams, Rashad Barksdale and Maurice Leggett returned punts.

3. The Chiefs used a variety of punt gunners today, including Dimitri Patterson, Tyron Brackenridge, Sergiori Joachim, Maurice Price, DaJuan Morgan, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Bernard Pollard, Will Poole, Jabari Arthur and Will Franklin.

4. Will Franklin, BJ Sams and Jamaal Charles returned kickoffs.

5. Nick Novak and Connor Barth both practiced kickoffs from the 30.

6. Novak, to my eye, appeared to have a stronger leg. His kickoffs reached (approximately) five yards deep into the end zone, the 2-yard line, three yards deep into the end zone, the goal line, the goal line, out the back of the end zone and the two-yard line.

7. Barth's kicks reached the 5-yard line, seven yards deep into the end zone, the goal line, the goal line, and six yards deep into the end zone.

8. The "first group" Mike Priefer used on kickoff coverage consisted of the following players:

Tyron Brackenridge, Rashad Barksdale, Rob Smith, Oliver Hoyte, DaJuan Morgan, Bobby Sippio, Jackie Battle, EJ Kuale, Jon McGraw and Dimitri Patterson.

9. The Chiefs' "wedge" players on kickoffs included Tank Tyler, Wade Smith, Michael Allan, Travis Leffew and Herb Taylor.

10. Bernard Pollard had to leave practice early. I think he had to pee.

BigRedChief
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Bernard Pollard had to leave practice early. I think he had to pee.
In other news formerdb arrives in River Falls tommorrow.:clap:

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Here's this morning's special teams update:

1. JP Darche was darn near perfect on his long snaps. I didn't see anything that might be considered a poor snap.

2. BJ Sams, Rashad Barksdale and Maurice Leggett returned punts.

3. The Chiefs used a variety of punt gunners today, including Dimitri Patterson, Tyron Brackenridge, Sergiori Joachim, Maurice Price, DaJuan Morgan, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Bernard Pollard, Will Poole, Jabari Arthur and Will Franklin.

4. Will Franklin, BJ Sams and Jamaal Charles returned kickoffs.

5. Nick Novak and Connor Barth both practiced kickoffs from the 30.

6. Novak, to my eye, appeared to have a stronger leg. His kickoffs reached (approximately) five yards deep into the end zone, the 2-yard line, three yards deep into the end zone, the goal line, the goal line, out the back of the end zone and the two-yard line.

7. Barth's kicks reached the 5-yard line, seven yards deep into the end zone, the goal line, the goal line, and six yards deep into the end zone.

8. The "first group" Mike Priefer used on kickoff coverage consisted of the following players:

Tyron Brackenridge, Rashad Barksdale, Rob Smith, Oliver Hoyte, DaJuan Morgan, Bobby Sippio, Jackie Battle, EJ Kuale, Jon McGraw and Dimitri Patterson.

9. The Chiefs' "wedge" players on kickoffs included Tank Tyler, Wade Smith, Michael Allan, Travis Leffew and Herb Taylor.

10. Bernard Pollard had to leave practice early. I think he had to pee.

Where McIntosh / Page visible at practice?

Are they both supposed to go this afternoon?

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
None of the starters were out there other than Pollard, I think.

RustShack
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM

I heard Dorsey has been lining up at the 3 and the 1... and isn't Tank just a 1 guy? and wasn't Dorsey brought in to be our 3 tech? Oh and to answer your question Ron Edwards.

Sully
07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Just got back from my 2nd to last practice. I got some pics that I may put up tonight, but no real good ones, so don't be surprised if I just forget it.

A few things...

Nap Harris has been replaced by Pat Thomas. Thomas took all the reps with the 1s today. Harris tookall the reps with the 2s.

Sometimes it seems Dorsey is very average, and it's a disappointment... until you remind yourself that he's going against Waters... and is just a rookie in his first week of camp. However, during the early part of practice today, he looked dominant, again. Once he wore down, Waters was handling him pretty well, but on one particular play he looked like the guy we all hope for from the #5 draft pick... He jumped the snap, and was by Waters before his hand was off the ground, and then caught LJ 4 yards deep and held on. The quickness was astounding. The guy needs to learn, and he needs his conditioning to get better... but seeing flashes like that really give me hope.

Flowers looks like a vet. He is aggressive coming up on run support and underneath passes, and defends his zone darned well. I think he's a big upgrade from Law. He is the starter apposite Surtain, and in the nickle, lines up in the slot. I'm very impressed.

Croyle does not look good. Not at all. Thigpen practiced with the #2s today, and didn't look much better, though in the clock drill he did drive the team to a score. During the drive he hit the underneath guy who was open every time, and had about a 20-yard scramble. He finished off with a TD pass to Cottam with no time on the clock. (In the drill, the team started with 43 seconds, and the ball near midfield, and one time out)

Tank Tyler is lazy.

Octavien looked like nothing special.

Page dropped a sure INT from Thigpen. He jumped a short route, and the pass hit him in a bad place... the numbers.

I can't tell if it's playful banter, or real friction, but Herm was yelling at Gun quite a bit ("You're killing me Gun... You are absolutely killing me!!!") from across the field during the clock drill.

DaJuan Morgan doesn't look great. His angles to the ball on run plays is horrible. He looks lost. But he does like to hit.

Mizzou_8541
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Croyle does not look good. Not at all. Thigpen practiced with the #2s today, and didn't look much better, though in the clock drill he did drive the team to a score. During the drive he hit the underneath guy who was open every time, and had about a 20-yard scramble. He finished off with a TD pass to Cottam with no time on the clock. (In the drill, the team started with 43 seconds, and the ball near midfield, and one time out)

Not good. Is it more like bad thows to open receivers, or was it the WTF were you thinking kind of throws? Either way, it's bad.

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Brodie had a bad day for sure. But it didn't stop Bowe from having a kickass day.

Sully
07-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Not good. Is it more like bad thows to open receivers, or was it the WTF were you thinking kind of throws? Either way, it's bad.

All of the above.

Valiant
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1824625&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="true" /><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1824625&fullscreen=1" /></object><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:480px;">See more <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos">funny videos</a> and <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures">funny pictures</a> at <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/">CollegeHumor</a>.</div>

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Seen it.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds like page made it in for the practice.

McIntosh?

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Big Mac was back.

tomahawk kid
07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Big Mac was back.

Is he still sucking it up in terms of run blocking?

Also - Gretz made it sound like Croyle had a pretty decent practice, unlike yourself and Sully.

Is he just blowing smoke up our ass?

I remember going to camp several times and Trent Green would look like sh!t for the first few days and then pick it up.

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Also - Gretz made it sound like Croyle had a pretty decent practice, unlike yourself and Sully.

Is he just blowing smoke up our ass?

I'd say so. His two minute drill was horrendous.

TRR
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Just got back from my 2nd to last practice. I got some pics that I may put up tonight, but no real good ones, so don't be surprised if I just forget it.

I'm not trying to disagree, but you've went to two practices, and you can say that he doesn't look good? I've went to training camp for years, and the one thing I've learned over the years is that you (1) can't judge a players performance over that short of time, and (2) really can't put together a feel for any player in scrimmages such as KC runs in TC.

OnTheWarpath58
07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Big Mac was back.

Who is running with the 2nd and 3rd teams at RT?

In other words, who can we hope and pray becomes the starter come September 7th?

Mecca
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Who is running with the 2nd and 3rd teams at RT?

In other words, who can we hope and pray becomes the starter come September 7th?

I think Richardson is next because he was the one who took over when McIntosh wasn't in.

crispystl420
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
...no one owes me $99.[/QUOTE]
LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Richardson is far worse than Big Mac.

...no one owes me $99.
LMAO[/quote]

Our training camp coverage can be had for only $9.95.

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
We're live. And Gunther is red hot.

http://kan.scout.com/2/773626.html

KCUnited
07-29-2008, 09:13 PM
We're live. And Gunther is red hot.

http://kan.scout.com/2/773626.html

"Today when KCs second-team offense took the field, Charles found room off right tackle and turned the corner to daylight."

Sweet.

the Talking Can
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM

A few things...

Nap Harris has been replaced by Pat Thomas. Thomas took all the reps with the 1s today. Harris tookall the reps with the 2s.

much, much appreciated....

glad we're not pretending harris good anymore....but who is Pat Thomas?

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Um, Pat Harris isn't the permanent starting MLB. They're still undecided.

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Um, Pat Harris isn't the permanent starting MLB.
Pat... Harris?

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Long ****ing day. Where is Smed to make fun of me?

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Long ****ing day. Where is Smed to make fun of me?
****, dude. I'm right here. Look no further.

Fatty.

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Assbag. :)

I think I hate training camp. Don't know if I want to do it next year.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm not trying to disagree, but you've went to two practices, and you can say that he doesn't look good? I've went to training camp for years, and the one thing I've learned over the years is that you (1) can't judge a players performance over that short of time, and (2) really can't put together a feel for any player in scrimmages such as KC runs in TC.

So...He's not supposed to report what he sees? That's ****ing absurd.

If Croyle looked like shit, he looked like shit. It doesn't matter if he looked good yesterday or three days ago. He looked like shit today (apparently).

I'd rather hear the truth than bullshit from Blob Gretz.

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Assbag. :)

I think I hate training camp. Don't know if I want to do it next year.
Sad clown.

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Here's the other thing that happened today: Turk McBride started at RDE.

FAX
07-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the posts, Mr. Sully. Awesome reports. The information you are sharing is very much appreciated, I assure you.

Still, some good news once in a while would be great.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the posts, Mr. Sully. Awesome reports. The information you are sharing is very much appreciated, I assure you.

FAX

Read the friggin WPI stuff. Dorsey = BEAST.

DeezNutz
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM

FAX

Read the friggin WPI stuff. Dorsey = BEAST.

Did the dad in your anecdote have an ailing colon?

cdcox
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
DaJuan Morgan doesn't look great. His angles to the ball on run plays is horrible. He looks lost.

Seems to be a reoccuring theme over the last several years at S.