PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Albert close to signing?

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 12:57 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/771753.html

The team appears close to a deal with first-round pick Branden Albert (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3542598). The two sides were close late Wednesday and from all accounts, Albert will be on the team charter.

As for defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3722647), our source reports that the Chiefs might be closer to a deal with him than they were Monday, when we were told his holdout could last until the team's first or second preseason game. But it appears from all accounts that some progress was made.

TinyEvel
07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
For more info on the progress of draftee signings visit DAMMITCARL.com

KCrockaholic
07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
awesome...i hope Dorsey is signed before we scrimmage the Vikes.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/771753.html

Clay, are you questioning or providing details?

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 01:03 AM
For more info on the progress of draftee signings visit DAMMITCARL.com

I should have NEVER named my first son Carl.

Dammit, Carl!

chiefs1111
07-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Well lets hope we can get both these guys in here soon......

InChiefsHell
07-24-2008, 06:39 AM
God, I hope Dorsey doesn't hold out until the second friggin pre-season game...he'll have Simms written all over him...

BigRedChief
07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
God, I hope Dorsey doesn't hold out until the second friggin pre-season game...he'll have Simms written all over him...
Nadda chance. Maybe he'll be behind this year but he's got way too much talent to flop in the NFL like Sims.

donkhater
07-24-2008, 07:18 AM

While it's understandable for KC fans to draw that comparison, Sims vs. Dorsey isn't really that close. By all accounts sims was the benefiticary of playing on a college line with the likes of Peppers and Greg Ellis ( I think) while Dorsey was a marked man and STILL dominated. The two also seem night and day when it comes to work ethic.

I guess there is a chance of Sims II, but I would be a little surprised if that was the case.

InChiefsHell
07-24-2008, 07:30 AM
While it's understandable for KC fans to draw that comparison, Sims vs. Dorsey isn't really that close. By all accounts sims was the benefiticary of playing on a college line with the likes of Peppers and Greg Ellis ( I think) while Dorsey was a marked man and STILL dominated. The two also seem night and day when it comes to work ethic.

I guess there is a chance of Sims II, but I would be a little surprised if that was the case.

I hear ya, but a first round DT is a first round DT. In some ways. I just want the youth movement to be in camp on time and ready to roll, as we all do. But holding out until mid-preseason would suck. For him and for the Chiefs.

Let's just hope it doesn't happen.

tmax63
07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Not all 1st rd DT's are created equal. That's like saying all posters here are the same. There are 1st rd posters and 7th rounders and then there are UDFA posters (like me) who just muck up the works. lol

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
"our source reports that the Chiefs might be closer to a deal with him than they were Monday"

What a load of "insider" crap. They might be closer, they might not be closer - we don't know but we'll pass it off as inside info.

Messier
07-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Carl Peterson is on 610 right now saying Albert is signed.

Bump
07-24-2008, 08:32 AM
"reports indicate that Chiefs fans would like to see Albert and Dorsey signed sometime in the near future."

InChiefsHell
07-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Carl Peterson is on 610 right now saying Albert is signed.

Really? Or are you just messing with us??

Count Alex's Losses
07-24-2008, 09:46 AM
"our source reports that the Chiefs might be closer to a deal with him than they were Monday"

What a load of "insider" crap. They might be closer, they might not be closer - we don't know but we'll pass it off as inside info.

Give credit where it is due. Albert is now signed and we had this up last night.

Rausch
07-24-2008, 09:53 AM

I didn't read the post where it was confirmed.

Sometimes being a smartass right off the bat doesn't pay.

Nightfyre
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I didn't read the post where it was confirmed.

Sometimes being a smartass right off the bat doesn't pay.

o:-)

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Give credit where it is due. Albert is now signed and we had this up last night.

Why are you saying Dorsey's deal is closer when Carl says they aren't talking?

InChiefsHell
07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Why are you saying Dorsey's deal is closer when Carl says they aren't talking?

Well, they are one day closer today than yesterday aren't they? SO, it would indeed be a factual report...:D