PDA

View Full Version : General Politics obama to draw close to 100,000 in berlin

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 08:12 AM
doesn't matter who you are for, this is pretty amazing. not to say mccain couldn't do it, instead of an audience they would be called protesters.Posted via Mobile Device

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
doesn't matter who you are for, this is pretty amazing.

Not in Germany.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Not in Germany.

oh you're right, you win.
100,000 people wanting to listen to somebody speak is nothing. im so stupid sorry for the thread.

Posted via Mobile Device

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
100,000 people wanting to listen to somebody speak is nothing. im so stupid sorry for the thread.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just sayin, they have storied history of assembly in response to the call of 'charismatic' leaders.

BigCatDaddy
07-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Sweet! He's got the Nazi's support

SNR
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Germans like anything "new" and "hip".

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
how many of these were black leaders that were from the us at a time when americans popularity abroad was at an all time low? Just sayin, they have storied history of assembly in response to the call of 'charismatic' leaders.

Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
He is 2nd only to David Hasselhoff in popularity there.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Put B.O. on a German ballot, see how many vote for him.

bkkcoh
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Put B.O. on a German ballot, see how many vote for him.

Wouldn't he be considered too conservative for the Germans and the rest of Europe?

oldandslow
07-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Just sayin, they have storied history of assembly in response to the call of 'charismatic' leaders.

You are truly pathetic. Comparing BO to Hitler is insane.

StcChief
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
maybe some "neo" Nazi will appear... would be interesting to see the look on BO's face

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 09:39 AM
maybe some "neo" Nazi will appear... would be interesting to see the look on BO's face

is that what you would want? im sure your far from being racist.

Posted via Mobile Device

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Wouldn't he be considered too conservative for the Germans and the rest of Europe?

:clap:

SNR
07-24-2008, 09:48 AM
is that what you would want? im sure your far from being racist.

Posted via Mobile DeviceI hate how you're already at the maximum negative rep.

Doesn't matter, I'm doing it anyway.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I hate how you're already at the maximum negative rep.

Doesn't matter, I'm doing it anyway.

ouch so painful especially coming from you.

Posted via Mobile Device

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 10:02 AM

Actually, it's their masses I'm comparing. Their ilk, shall we say.

SBK
07-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Whiff. She's not comparing The Messiah to Hitler, she's talking about the German people, the crowd......

SNR
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
ouch so painful especially coming from you.

Posted via Mobile DeviceAre you African American by any chance? That would make it even more satisfying. I might gather with my buddies at my church later this weekend and talk about it. Then go for a black man lynching.

I don't like Obama, I'm a racist afterall.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Are you African American by any chance? That would make it even more satisfying. I might gather with my buddies at my church later this weekend and talk about it. Then go for a black man lynching.

I don't like Obama, I'm a racist afterall.

im white. I don't think everyone is racist but I feel that a lot of people will not be behind obama because of his skin color.

Posted via Mobile Device

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Insane for a normal person, par for the course with CCW.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 11:33 AM
they just showed a band warming up the Messiah. Do we know who is on the bill besides HIM?

Dave Lane
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Sweet! He's got the Nazi's support

Right because the Nazi were such liberals :) :)

Can you say right of even the neo-cons?

Dave Lane
07-24-2008, 11:44 AM
im white. I don't think everyone is racist but I feel that a lot of people will not be behind obama because of his skin color.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ya think?!?!

Taco John
07-24-2008, 11:54 AM
You could cut the bitterness in this thread with a spoon.

Regardless of what any partisan has to say about it, any time a politician can draw in a crowd of 100,000 people, it's impressive.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 11:59 AM

Regardless of what any partisan has to say about it, any time a politician can draw in a crowd of 100,000 people, it's impressive.

Is this thing live on tv right now?

BigCatDaddy
07-24-2008, 12:03 PM

Would you say the same for an Evangelist?

Ultra Peanut
07-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Just sayin, they have storied history of assembly in response to the call of 'charismatic' leaders."I'm a ****in' donut!"

markk
07-24-2008, 12:22 PM

He's definitely going to win the German vote. I think his chances of winning a seat in the Bundestag are pretty good. Obama could be just the boost that Die Linke needs.

Donger
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I wasn't under the impression that gullibility was limited to America, so this isn't a surprise. In fact, the Germans have a some history of being hypnotized by "great speakers."

Donger
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
"I'm a ****in' donut!"

ROFL I wonder how many got that reference.

markk
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
I wasn't under the impression that gullibility was limited to America, so this isn't a surprise. In fact, the Germans have a some history of being hypnotized by "great speakers."

that guy was also a "community organizer" of sorts.

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
In fact, the Germans have a some history of being hypnotized by "great speakers."

Very true. Chancellor Konrad Adenauer was a fantastic speaker, and played a huge role in establishing Democracy in the Federal Republic of Germany, strengthening them as a major partner in NATO, and guiding the period of Wirtschaftswunder in the '50's. Which of course ended with the FRG as a leading economic force in Europe.

Chancellor Willi Brandt and current Chancellor Angela Merkel are/were also considered very good public speakers, IIRC.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh brother.....now Obama is ripping off Reagan in his speech....ROFL

Donger
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Very true. Chancellor Konrad Adenauer was a fantastic speaker, and played a huge role in establishing Democracy in the Federal Republic of Germany, strengthening them as a major partner in NATO, and guiding the period of Wirtschaftswunder in the '50's.

Yeah, but he was gay.

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh brother.....now Obama is ripping off Reagan in his speech....ROFL

I wonder if he'll follow in Reagan's footsteps and decorate the graves of some Waffen SS troops? Seems that would be a bit impolitic, just having gone to the Western Wall.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 12:44 PM
McCain shouldn't have cancelled his speech on the oil rig. They should have put him in a yellow slicker and tied him to the rig as the storm raged. It's the only way people would have noticed he's still alive this week.

After the ass kicking McCain got this week I doubt he dares Obama to travel abroad again.

Stinger
07-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Not near a TV did he say "merci beaucoup" (sp?) at anytime in the speach????????

markk
07-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Not near a TV did he say "merci beaucoup" (sp?) at anytime in the speach????????

I assume he delivered his speech in German, since he's not one of those idiot Americans who only speak English right...

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
McCain shouldn't have cancelled his speech on the oil rig. They should have put him in a yellow slicker and tied him to the rig as the storm raged. It's the only way people would have noticed he's still alive this week.

After the ass kicking McCain got this week I doubt he dares Obama to travel abroad again.

According to Accuweather, it's currently 89 degrees and sunny in New Orleans, where he was to visit an offshore oil rig.

However, I wonder if this might have something to do with why the visit was cancelled. :shrug:

http://blog.nola.com/tpmoney/2008/07/oil_spill_closes_traffic_on_mi.html

Oil spill closes traffic on Mississippi River
Posted by Rebecca Mowbray, The Times-Picayune July 23, 2008 7:21PM

Ship traffic on the lower Mississippi River stopped Wednesday as an oil spill from an early morning accident between a tanker and a barge closed a 47-mile stretch of the nation's major waterway.

The closure is likely to go on for days while remediation teams rush to clean the heavy slick of tar that is drifting southward, shutting access to all of the facilities of the Port of New Orleans.

"They say it's going to be closed for days but not weeks. It looks like a fairly extended closure, but we don't have any specifics yet," said Chris Bonura, a spokesman for the port.

The port loses about $100,000 in revenue each day it is closed, and that does not include the losses to terminal operators, stevedores, tug boat operators and other private businesses.

Three ships finished their work at the docks in New Orleans on Wednesday but were unable to depart, Bonura said. Two vessels that were scheduled to arrive, an 885-foot container ship and a ship that was supposed to pick up chicken from New Orleans Cold Storage, were likewise blocked from coming in.

One ship was scheduled to arrive today and two were expected to arrive on Friday, Bonura said. No ships have notified the port that they are unloading cargo elsewhere because of the closure.

If the closure stretches into the weekend, the regular Saturday arrival of the 2,050-passenger Carnival Fantasy could be affected.

Jennifer de la Cruz, spokeswoman for Carnival Cruise Lines, said the company was in touch with the Port of New Orleans and was making contingency plans in case the ship was unable to dock in the city.

"We're evaluating our options. It would not be unprecedented for us not to be able to return to a home port," she said, adding that Carnival would get in touch with customers about any changes in plans.

Wednesday's accident closed the river from mile 50 at Venice to mile 97 at New Orleans, and its consequences for river traffic will likely reverberate far more than when the Zim Mexico III container ship slammed into a supply boat at the mouth of the Mississippi in February 2004 and closed the river for five days.

That incident took place below the Port of New Orleans, and the port remained open in its immediate aftermath. Only ships that needed to sail to or from the Gulf of Mexico were affected, and some of those vessels were able to reach open water by traveling down the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet, or MR-GO.

But this time, Bonura said, the closure extends to the Inner Harbor Navigation Canal, a channel that connects the river with the MR-GO. Ships can't get to the gulf outlet, and even if they could, they wouldn't be able to sail through it. Hurricane Katrina dragged silt into the waterway, and its entrance is now only 13 feet deep.

"There's just not a lot of alternatives out there right now," Bonura said.

The river could reopen gradually, as it did after Katrina, Bonura said. The Coast Guard will probably work as fast as it can to push the oil to one side and partially reopen the river, but one lane open may mean travel in one direction at a time.

The impasse at New Orleans also affected other ports in and above the slick. The St. Bernard Port, Harbor and Terminal District, which handles about 260 calls a year from ships carrying bulk and break-bulk cargo such as fertilizer, sand, iron ore, plywood, steel, metals, was shut in by the spill.

"There's no traffic moving in or out of our port," said Bobby Scafidel, its executive director.

Upriver from the oozing slick, any ships trying to reach the Port of South Louisiana from the south or travel from the port to the mouth of the river were unable to move. "The ones that need to depart can't get out, and the ones that need to arrive can't get in," said Mitch Smith, director of operations at the port, which serves the river parishes area.

More than 4,000 ships a year call on the Port of South Louisiana, dealing mainly in bulk cargo such as petrochemicals, petroleum, steel, grain and ore.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM

You are late to this party. ;)

Stinger
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
doesn't matter who you are for, this is pretty amazing. not to say mccain couldn't do it, instead of an audience they would be called protesters.Posted via Mobile Device

Wonder if the free concert with 2 acts before the arrival of Obama had anything to do with that???

they just showed a band warming up the Messiah. Do we know who is on the bill besides HIM?

two popular German acts -- reggae artist Patrice and rock band Reamonn

penchief
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
You are late to this party. ;)

It has far less to do with gullibility as it does hope. IMO, What we are witnessing is the hunger that people all over the world (as well as all throughout the U.S.) have for America to take its rightfull place again as a beacon of hope and justice. It is not so much a blind faith in Obama as it is a testament to the respect that the world has had for our country's core values.

And like Americans, they see the hope of having those core values restored and America's role as leader of the free world returned. And it is also a testament to how much the Bush Administration has betrayed those values.

The fact that people in this country and all over the world can separate the corrupt actions of the Bush Administration's from our country's principles gives me a lot of hope that the damage done by the business crooks and war-profiteers who hijacked our country can be reversed.

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
It has far less to do with gullibility as it does hope.

Hook.
Line.
Sinker.

penchief
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Hook.
Line.
Sinker.

Hope is only a reaction to despair. We wouldn't need hope if the current administration hadn't permeated our country and the entire world with despair.

Greed, war-mongering, and utter selfishness have spurred the revival of hope, not Obama.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Hope is only a reaction to despair. We wouldn't need hope if the current administration hadn't permeated our country and the world with so much despair.

Greed, war-mongering, and utter selfishness have spurred a revival of hope.

I knew it wasn't long before the voice of reason chimed in.

:)

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Hope is only a reaction to despair. We wouldn't need hope if the current administration hadn't permeated our country and the entire world with despair.

Greed, war-mongering, and utter selfishness have spurred the revival of hope, not Obama.

And Barack Hussein's going to turn that all around, is he?

And, who is this "we," exactly?

markk
07-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Oh, yeah, well...

HOPE

CHANGE!

take that!

HOPE HOPE!

CHANGE CHANGE!

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:30 PM
++ Visit to US Military Bases Cancelled ++

1:42 p.m.: SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. "Barack Obama will not be coming to us," a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. "I don't know why." Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.

Chief Henry
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
hmmmm, two of Germanys popular entertainers performed ahead of BO.

A raygay performer named "Patrice" and a rock band called " Reamon".

I don't suppose these two performers giving a free concert had anything to do

so many people at this event ????

penchief
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Clearly, he's articulating a different set of priorities. America didn't just turn against it's own ideals for no reason. The Corpo-fascist policies of the Bush Administration were forced on this country and the world by a handful of ideologues, business crooks, and war-profiteers.

The hope lies in the virtues of our country. Not in the person. Anyone who believes that Obama will work to undo the damage that this administration has done to our country's virtue is most likely going to invest their hope in him. Especially, if he expresses the sentiments that those people share.

What you are witnessing is not "Obamamania" or "Obamessiah." You are witnessing the shared hope of people all over the world being placed in a man who is expressing what those people are thirsting for (a return to humane and just government).

It is more a rejection of Bush than it is blind faith in Obama.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Clearly, he's articulating a different set of priorities. America didn't just turn against it's own ideals for no reason. The Corpo-fascist policies of the Bush Administration were forced on this country and the world by a handful of ideologues, business crooks, and war-profiteers.

The hope lies in the virtues of our country. Not in the person. Anyone who believes that Obama will work to undo the damage that this administration has done to our country's virtue is most likely going to invest their hope in him. Especially, if he expresses the sentiments that those people share.

What you are witnessing is not "Obamamania" or "Obamessiah." You are witnessing the shared hope of people all over the world being placed in a man who is expressing what those people are thirsting for (a return to humane and just government).

I need a drink.

:spock:

BigCatDaddy
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM

Nah, it's just the free concert.

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
"The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign," explains spokesman Robert Gibbs.

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
The campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain has branded Obama's tour, which is expected to draw massive media coverage, as nothing more than a political stunt, especially as it will include a high-profile speech in Berlin.

"That is not what we are doing," said Obama communications advisor Robert Gibbs.

"The speech in Berlin will be a substantive speech about American and European relations, the trip is not at all a campaign trip, a rally of any sort, it is a series of substantive meetings with our friends and allies."

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 01:43 PM

Hans Gerbel and the Deutchemark Polka Sprigs agreed to play for McCain should he visit.

Donger
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM

Again, you think that Barack Hussein is going to change all that?

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 01:48 PM

first it was nazis like good speakers and now its free concerts. what one is it? it all comes down to the jealousy in republicans having nothing to be excited about in their candidate. im excited about obama and so are others. where is the excitement for old john? truth is there is no excitement because he is more of the same, old as hell, and completely out of touch. for ****s sake, mccain is so pathetic huckabee thought he had a chance to beat him. hillary was obviously a bigger story but huckabee??? wtf!

Posted via Mobile Device

Basileus777
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM

No President can change that. But electing Obama is a step. Its certainly better than giving the Republicans another term to **** up this country and the world.

Whether the inspiring speeches are all just rhetorical show that will amount to a hill of beans or the basis for something more concrete, is anyone's guess. But what Obama is offering is not all that different from what Reagan did during the '80 election, another time when the US and the world seemed to just be slipping into a sinking morass - a vision of hope for a better future, and without a hell of a lot of detail as to just exactly how that would happen in terms of concrete policies - most of which only took shape later during the first few months of 1981 once he had won election.

Dave Lane
07-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I need a drink.

:spock:

I'll bet! belief in a failed cause is taxing. Take all the time you need.

Dave

Stinger
07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
No President can change that. But electing Obama is a step. Its certainly better than giving the Republicans another term to **** up this country and the world.

Just curious who drives the country the President or the Congress?????

noa
07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Just curious who drives the country the President or the Congress?????

Special interests!!!

SNR
07-24-2008, 02:02 PM
ROFL I wonder how many got that reference.I am a Hamburger, I am Frankfurter, I am a donut.

SNR
07-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll bet! belief in a failed cause is taxing. Take all the time you need.

DaveI MADE SOMEONE'S SIG! YEEEEESSSSSSSS!

markk
07-24-2008, 02:20 PM
amazing. all the fawning media coverage of BO's trip, and not once until this thread did i hear any member of the media mention the free concert.

Basileus777
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
amazing. all the fawning media coverage of BO's trip, and not once until this thread did i hear any member of the media mention the free concert.

McCain can speak there next week with David Hasselhof as an opening act.

We'll compare crowds. Something tells me he won't be drawing 200k+.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM

B.O. isn't getting any bounce in the polls, neither.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Holy Jesus, you are one bat shit crazy c*nt.

Are you Lynn Samuels?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
ROFL I wonder how many got that reference.

My Am. Hist. teacher told us it was jelly donut. Which always made me think of R. Lee Ermey coming out of the crowd and going off on JFK.

WHAT IS THAT??

WHAT. THE. F*CK. IS THAT??

Ultra Peanut
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
The "free concert" straws are ****ing hilarious.

Sully
07-24-2008, 02:33 PM

Are you Lynn Samuels?

Gaaaaaa!!!!!!
There it is!!!!
Great piece-together!!!!

noa
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
The "free concert" straws are ****ing hilarious.

Another one of Obama's lies. Why can't the man just stop lying to my face?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
At least now if I ever have to give a textual representation of "grasping at straws" to my students, I can just show them the righties' replies in this thread.

Could you all please hold your breath and turn purple, I don't know if I'm sufficiently entertained yet.

LMAO.

Donger
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Are you Lynn Samuels?

What did she say that was inaccurate or crazy?

vailpass
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
At least now if I ever have to give a textual representation of "grasping at straws" to my students, I can just show them the righties' replies in this thread.

Could you all please hold your breath and turn purple, I don't know if I'm sufficiently entertained yet.

LMAO.

Are you an accredited educator?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
What did she say that was inaccurate or crazy?

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.

I just love the pristine logic, and the heavy-handed allusions to Naziism. Call be a sentimentalist I guess. Obama must be Hitler because he is a good speaker and the Germans like him. I bet he takes Meth too. He's probably also a quarter Jewish, and he has a German Shepherd by his side at all times.

Donger
07-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.

I just love the pristine logic, and the heavy-handed allusions to Naziism. Call be a sentimentalist I guess. Obama must be Hitler because he is a good speaker and the Germans like him. I bet he takes Meth too. He's probably also a quarter Jewish, and he has a German Shepherd by his side at all times.

I take it that's a long way of saying, "Nothing."

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Jealous that your status as "Grand Dragon" isn't state-recognized?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I take it that's a long way of saying, "Nothing."

Not even you are this stupid, so don't pretend to be.

And for the record, good luck in trying to get people to see through the facade of the argument you are constructing. I hear the Malaysian government is going to build another skyscraper out of Jenga blocks, I'll recommend you.

Donger
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM

I think he's a TA.

Chief Henry
07-24-2008, 02:42 PM
first it was nazis like good speakers and now its free concerts. what one is it? it all comes down to the jealousy in republicans having nothing to be excited about in their candidate. im excited about obama and so are others. where is the excitement for old john? truth is there is no excitement because he is more of the same, old as hell, and completely out of touch. for ****s sake, mccain is so pathetic huckabee thought he had a chance to beat him. hillary was obviously a bigger story but huckabee??? wtf!

Posted via Mobile Device

So if Garth Brooks and Kid Rock give a free concert here in the US, it wouldn't
draw thousands of people ?

Don't make me laugh libs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
The thing that I love about politics is that people will go out of their way to make the most blatantly obvious allusion, ala, "CCW", and people like Donger will try and construct a reality wherein she wasn't doing so, just because it makes his side look better.

It's like watching them follow one another off a cliff.

Sorry guys, I gotta go take a piss, this is too funny. LMAO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I think he's a TA.

Ennnhh. Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?

markk
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM

based on the silliness of these posts i'd say some sort of bomb-shelter existence like academia is likely

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Berlin Police say it was 200,000 people.

Stinger
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
The thing that I love about politics is that people will go out of their way to make the most blatantly obvious allusion, ala, "CCW", and people like Donger will try and construct a reality wherein she wasn't doing so, just because it makes his side look better.

So you were in disagreement when this board called Bush and the righties in congress Nazis and Hitler as well???

Donger
07-24-2008, 02:50 PM

I'm just trying to ascertain what about her post made you call her crazy, that's all.

If you don't know, that's fine.

Taco John
07-24-2008, 02:51 PM

No one should be suprised when popular recording artists draw big crowds. This is a politician we're talking about here.

Donger
07-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Ennnhh. Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?

Not really. Besides, I'm sure you make a fine teacher.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 03:06 PM

those entertainers that performed are equivelent to multi platinum recording artists with over 30 years of work under their collective belts?

Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
200,000 people to hear a speech by the grandson of a Kenyan goat herder. Thats an event.

HonestChieffan
07-24-2008, 03:15 PM
hes black. They dont have a lot of black folks.

penchief
07-24-2008, 03:55 PM

He's our best shot. At least he's talking change. McCain is campaigning on more of Bush.

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM

Well, I suppose the McCain campaign could try it, but Lawrence Welk and Glenn Miller are dead.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 04:18 PM
first it was nazis like good speakers and now its free concerts. what one is it?

Posted via Mobile Device

Like it's not possible to be BOTH. ROFL

SNR
07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
hes black. They dont have a lot of black folks.Do Turks count as black?

Chief Henry
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, I suppose the McCain campaign could try it, but Lawrence Welk and Glenn Miller are dead.

Good one for sure...thats funny. Geritol could be a major corprate sponsor too.

We had to watch Lawrence Welk every Saturday night. At the time it was agony, now it just brings back found memories of my youth with my father.

Donger
07-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I had no idea that so many liberals were so blatantly ageist.

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Good one for sure...thats funny. Geritol could be a major corprate sponsor too.
LMAO Not bad, CH, not bad at all.

We had to watch Lawrence Welk every Saturday night. At the time it was agony, now it just brings back found memories of my youth with my father.

:thumb:

penchief
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Are you Lynn Samuels?

No, Lynn's arguments against Obama are more or less reasonable, whereas, D enise just seems to be bitter. I tend to think she's more likely one of those disaffected Hillary diehards who would rather see four more years of Bush than see a democrat other than Hillary win.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
No, Lynn's arguments against Obama are more or less reasonable, whereas, D enise just seems to be bitter. I tend to think she's more likely one of those disaffected Hillary diehards who would rather see four more years of Bush than see a democrat other than Hillary win.

The Democrats are shit. They have given DUHbya everything he could want and he's a freakin crook CON. I shudder to think what they will do with one of their own who they are so itchy in their genitals over.

It scares me as a FORMER DEMOCRAT. The Dems in congress are useless. Nearly the entire party is corrupt.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 04:42 PM
The Democrats are shit. They have given DUHbya everything he could want and he's a freakin crook CON. I shudder to think what they will do with one of their own who they are so itchy in their genitals over.

It scares me as a FORMER DEMOCRAT. The Dems in congress are useless. Nearly the entire party is corrupt.

Which is why you'll be going to the poll in November to write-in Hillary Clinton.

BigChiefFan
07-24-2008, 04:54 PM

It scares me as a FORMER DEMOCRAT. The Dems in congress are useless. Nearly the entire party is corrupt.Hmm I thought Hillary was Dem?

Looks like another bullshit argument on your part.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 05:39 PM

dems are corrupt? what's the deficit at? who got the no bid contracts? ****ing democrats!

Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm just trying to ascertain what about her post made you call her crazy, that's all.

If you don't know, that's fine.

ROFL. Donger, I've missed your passive aggressive smarminess, especially when coupled with the fact that you think you're actually getting it over on anyone.

http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj/leonj/leonpsy16/spin-arrows.gif

I'd say comparing a public servant who just paid off his student loans with no record of writing tracks like Mein Kampf or being arrested for Putschs to an instigator of the single most catastrophic war in the history of mankind might just border on the absof*ckinglutely insane.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Give it a break O-bots, your boy was rooting for East Germany the whole time.

MERCI BEAUCOUP!

Oh, by the way---

The beer and bratwurst was free. Probably paid for by us the American taxpayers, just like this whole charade was.

So now you know why the crowd showed up anyway.

Donger
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
ROFL. Donger, I've missed your passive aggressive smarminess, especially when coupled with the fact that you think you're actually getting it over on anyone.

http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj/leonj/leonpsy16/spin-arrows.gif

I'd say comparing a public servant who just paid off his student loans with no record of writing tracks like Mein Kampf or being arrested for Putschs to an instigator of the single most catastrophic war in the history of mankind might just border on the absof*ckinglutely insane.

Are you lost or something? No one has compared anyone to Hitler in this thread.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
So none of you enjoyed/felt proud at the sight of American flags waving in Germany?

ROYC75
07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh come on now, he went to Germany to get his winer schnitzel.

markk
07-24-2008, 06:03 PM
So none of you enjoyed/felt proud at the sight of American flags waving in Germany?

Is it ok to be proud of flags flying on other soil?

I'm just checking, because I know it's taboo for them to be flying on lapels.

Donger
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM

That depends. If these are the same people that burned it during Bush's terms, that would tell me there support of our country is "flexible."

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Is it ok to be proud of flags flying on other soil?

Yes. The sight of Germans happily waving American flags is definitely something to be proud of. Or do you hate America?

Earthling
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
The Democrats are shit.

Less so with your removal. Thanks you :)

penchief
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes. The sight of Germans happily waving American flags is definitely something to be proud of. Or do you hate America?

It was nice to see Obama appealing to people's reason and cooperative spirit when talking about defeating terrorism as opposed to the fear-mongering, sabre-rattling, and divisive rhetoric of the Bush Administration.

It made me feel proud as hell to see all those people cheering for us again.

Earthling
07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Was there some kind of mass exodus after the opening acts or something? Or did most of the 200k attending stay and listen to Obamas speech? Just curious as some have mentioned that the other acts might have been the reason for the crowd and not mainly to listen to Obama ..

Donger
07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
It made me feel proud as hell to see all those people cheering for us again.

You're a big fan of fickleness, eh?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
You're a big fan of fickleness, eh?
Oh please. LOL

As if every country on this planet hasn't shifted its alliances every other damn year.

This isn't high school, dude.

Donger
07-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh please. LOL

As if every country on this planet hasn't shifted its alliances every other damn year.

This isn't high school, dude.

I'm not sure I'm following you. You are okay with someone burning an American flag because they hate Bush, but if they suddenly become American flag-waving America lovers because of Barack Hussein, we should be, what, proud?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure I'm following you. You are okay with someone burning an American flag because they hate Bush, but if they suddenly become American flag-waving America lovers because of Barack Hussein, we should be, what, proud?
I'm okay with people burning the American flag is now?
When did this happen?

****, Donger, you're on a roll this evening.

Stop making it personal, dumbass. I'd prefer people liking this country rather than disliking it.

Popularity alone isn't reason enough to be proud of Obama's address. (Hell, class clowns can be popular.) It's why we could become popular again, and Germany's reception to Obama is the perfect encapsulation for that.

It's because for all our foibles, the US is still capable of inspiring the world, and opening up a modern era where our shrinking world isn't something to be scared of and feared, but an inevitable tide to embrace and use to the advantage of as many people on the planet as possible.

Donger
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm okay with people burning the American flag is now?
When did this happen?

****, Donger, you're on a roll this evening.

Stop making it personal, dumbass. I'd prefer people liking this country rather than disliking it.

Popularity alone isn't reason enough to be proud of Obama's address. (Hell, class clowns can be popular.) It's why we could become popular again, and Germany's reception to Obama is the perfect encapsulation for that.

It's because for all our foibles, the US is still capable of inspiring the world, and opening up a modern era where our shrinking world isn't something to be scared of and feared, but an inevitable tide to embrace and use to the advantage of as many people on the planet as possible.

I don't take what Germans do or don't do personally. That would be silly. I was responding to HolmeZz or whoever it was that asked the original question.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
blah blah blah
*nods out*

Sorry about that. You're boring me with your stupidity.

If all you can see from Germany's response to our Obama's reception is a dislike of YOUR guy, followed by an approval of OUR guy, that's the very definition of taking things personally.

And you're right. That is awfully silly.

Donger
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
*nods out*

Sorry about that. You're boring me with your stupidity.

If all you can see from Germany's response to our Obama's reception is a dislike of YOUR guy, followed by an approval of OUR guy, that's the very definition of taking things personally.

And you're right. That is awfully silly.

I've told you what I see. I see some Germans who suddenly change from burning our flag to waving it based on the man of whom they approve. They are fans of Barack Hussein, not America.

Hence, my fickle comment.

Sorry if that was too complex for you to follow.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 06:58 PM
They are fans of Barack Hussein, not America.
Why would they be fans of Obama?

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Why would they be fans of Obama?

I don't know why anyone is, let alone Germans. I assume they are either stupid or gullible.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
"Ich bin ein dumbkopf! Merci Beaucoup!" -Barry

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Book_Cover.jpg

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't know why anyone is, let alone Germans. I assume they are either stupid or gullible.
You have a lot of trouble seeing things from other people's perspective.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:02 PM
"Ich bin ein dumbkopf! Merci Beaucoup!" -Barry
You've already posted this twice already.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:03 PM
You have a lot of trouble seeing things from other people's perspective.

Seeing? No. Agreeing with? Yes, if I don't agree with them.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Seeing? No. Agreeing with? Yes, if I don't agree with them.
This is quickly turning into Donger's therapy session. Either that or you've inadvertantly volunteered to be my pinata for the evening.

I didn't ask you if you AGREED with why Germans liked Obama.

I asked if you SAW why Germans liked Obama.

And you said no.

*shrug*

You have a really hard time seeing things from other people's perspective.

Your whole party does.

And that's why Obama will win in November.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
This is quickly turning into Donger's therapy session. Either that or you've inadvertantly volunteered to be my pinata for the evening.

I didn't ask you if you AGREED with why Germans liked Obama.

I asked if you SAW why Germans liked Obama.

And you said no.

*shrug*

You have a really hard time seeing things from other people's perspective.

Your whole party does.

And that's why Obama will win in November.

On the contrary, it seems to be turning into a Direckshun reading comprehension class:

You asked: "Why would they be fans of Obama?" Referring to the German Barack fans.

I replied: "I don't know why anyone is, let alone Germans. I assume they are either stupid or gullible."

To which you replied: "You have a lot of trouble seeing things from other people's perspective."

My response to that: "Seeing? No. Agreeing with? Yes, if I don't agree with them."

So, if you can follow that, I'm not sure where you get: "I asked if you SAW why Germans liked Obama."

You did not.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM

It's the same reason why flags wave at campaign rallies that happen within our borders. He's stroking their ego. They like that.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
On the contrary, it seems to be turning into a Direckshun reading comprehension class:

You asked: "Why would they be fans of Obama?" Referring to the German Barack fans.

I replied: "I don't know why anyone is, let alone Germans. I assume they are either stupid or gullible."

To which you replied: "You have a lot of trouble seeing things from other people's perspective."

My response to that: "Seeing? No. Agreeing with? Yes, if I don't agree with them."

So, if you can follow that, I'm not sure where you get: "I asked if you SAW why Germans liked Obama."

You did not.
...you just repeated the entire conversation.

Why don't you EXPLAIN YOURSELF since obviously it didn't take the first time.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
...you just repeated the entire conversation.

Why don't you EXPLAIN YOURSELF since obviously it didn't take the first time.

You're welcome.

Explain what exactly?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
You're welcome.

Explain what exactly?
Explain to me a legitimate reason why Germans might like Obama.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Explain to me a legitimate reason why Germans might like Obama.

I would imagine that they view him as a fellow socialist.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
And to think I questioned how well you could see things from other people's perspectives.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
And to think I questioned how well you could see things from other people's perspectives.

If you don't think he has any ability to see things from the perspective of Germans then why are you asking him over and over what their perspective is?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
If you don't think he has any ability to see things from the perspective of Germans then why are you asking him over and over what their perspective is?
To expose him for it.

If it means anything to you, I don't think you see things from people's perspectives that disagree with you at all, either.

Basileus777
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM

LMAO

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:31 PM

You asked for my opinion. I gave it to you.

Why do you think those Germans like Barack Hussein?

markk
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
To expose him for it.

If it means anything to you, I don't think you see things from people's perspectives that disagree with you at all, either.

If you don't think his opinion has any merit then why do you keep asking him to repeat it?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
If you don't think his opinion has any merit then why do you keep asking him to repeat it?
To

E
X
P
O
S
E

it.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
You asked for my opinion. I gave it to you.

Why do you think those Germans like Barack Hussein?
I've already said in this thread why I think Germans like Obama.

Your opinion proved, by the way, that you can understand no other perspective but your own.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
To

E
X
P
O
S
E

it.

This is bizarre. You are trying to "expose my opinion"?

If you want my opinion, just ask me.

I'll tell you,

markk
07-24-2008, 07:35 PM
To

E
X
P
O
S
E

it.

He said it's because they view BO as a fellow socialist. I tend to agree with that.

|Zach|
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
This is bizarre. You are trying to "expose my opinion"?

If you want my opinion, just ask me.

I'll tell you,

No no, you will act confused and not understand anything anyone else says for a while.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I've already said in this thread why I think Germans like Obama.

Your opinion proved, by the way, that you can understand no other perspective but your own.

I think I see where you are confused. You seem to be conflating understanding other points of view and agreeing with them.

Please note that those are two very dissimilar concepts.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:37 PM
No no, you will act confused and not understand anything anyone else says for a while.

If I'm confused, I will state so. If I'm not, I will not.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I think I see where you are confused. You seem to be conflating understanding other points of view and agreeing with them.

Please note that those are two very dissimilar concepts.
I'm saying right now that you are incapable of understanding why Germans might like Obama.

And you're incapable of seeing things from other people's points of view who disagree with you in general.

It's your foible. Live with it.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
so what was your idea about why Germans might like him?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
so what was your idea about why Germans might like him?
For the second time, I've already posted it in this thread. Read.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:46 PM
For the second time, I've already posted it in this thread. Read.

how about restating it in one or two lines, just as a favor to us joining late.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
how about restating it in one or two lines, just as a favor to us joining late.
Read.

It won't kill you.

Read.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm saying right now that you are incapable of understanding why Germans might like Obama.

And you're incapable of seeing things from other people's points of view who disagree with you in general.

It's your foible. Live with it.

I think I know why you think these Germans like Barack Hussein:

"Because he's not Bush."

Am I correct?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I think I know why you think these Germans like Barack Hussein:

"Because he's not Bush."

Am I correct?
I already typed out why I think Germans like Obama.

|Zach|
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM

He is confused.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM

well, i read a few pages back in your history and didn't see anything other than that he hates babies or something. so what was the real reason?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
well, i read a few pages back in your history and didn't see anything other than that he hates babies or something. so what was the real reason?
I've already posted in this thread why I believe Germans might have liked Obama.

Donger
07-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I've already posted in this thread why I believe Germans might have liked Obama.

This?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:56 PM
This?

What about that?

markk
07-24-2008, 07:57 PM
This?

I see. Because he's "inspiring"

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I see. Because he's "inspiring"
I don't expect you to see things from my point of view.

It'd be best if you wouldn't try.

markk
07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't expect you to see things from my point of view.

It'd be best if you wouldn't try.

I can see that. "Inspiring" meshes well with "Hope" and "Change".

Donger
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
What about that?

You wrote: "I've already posted in this thread why I believe Germans might have liked Obama."

Reviewing the thread, per your request, that is the closest I can find to you stating why Germans might like Barack Hussein.

Therefore, I asked if that was what you are referring to.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Hmm I thought Hillary was Dem?

Looks like another bullshit argument on your part.

Hillary is a Dem. So what, she's not my ideal candidate. She was simply the lesser evil.

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Which is why you'll be going to the poll in November to write-in Hillary Clinton.

Only as a protest against NObama who will NOT get my vote.

I might not write her in though. I'm pretty disappointed that she sold her soul and prostituted herself for HIM. She will regret doing so.

beer bacon
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I am writing in Rich Gannon.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I can see that. "Inspiring" meshes well with "Hope" and "Change".
Well, you understand that I don't mean just the empty adjective "inspiring," right?

An Obama candidacy at least suggests a more friendly relationship with Germany. It's been a tense relationship during the entire Bush administration, and yes, the notion that these two countries could face a sort-of starting over is inspiring. I'm not afraid to say that inspires me. I'm not afraid to say that gives me hope. And there's no question it's a significant sort of change.

I'm just tired of having to be opposed to so much of the rest of the world. I'm tired of unilateralism. I'm exhausted with having such a poor reputation throughout the globe that other countries won't even buy American products. And it's a safe assumption that Germany (among other countries) is tired of it too.

This speech, at such a late hour in an American election, in front of 100,000 cheering foreigners, does promise better foriegn relations. We've got the first realistic chance in a decade for more than just Britain to like us again. And that's not only good for our national self-esteem, that's good for our economy, our national security, the influence and spread of human rights, globalization, and modernization.

I don't know if you are able to embrace this the same way that I am. I don't know if your partisan blinders allow it. But it's a freeing feeling. It's fleeting, and it's small, but it's a freeing feeling. And it's one worth chasing.

Which I believe is why the Germans might have liked Barack Obama's visit.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Hillary is a Dem. So what, she's not my ideal candidate. She was simply the lesser evil.

She was the bigger evil to you before she was the lesser evil, Mrs. Kerry.

Obama would simply be the lesser evil vs. McCain.

Donger
07-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, you understand that I don't mean just the empty adjective "inspiring," right?

An Obama candidacy at least suggests a more friendly relationship with Germany. It's been a tense relationship during the entire Bush administration, and yes, the notion that these two countries could face a sort-of starting over is inspiring. I'm not afraid to say that inspires me. I'm not afraid to say that gives me hope. And there's no question it's a significant sort of change.

I'm just tired of having to be opposed to so much of the rest of the world. I'm tired of unilateralism. I'm exhausted with having such a poor reputation throughout the globe that other countries won't even buy American products. And it's a safe assumption that Germany (among other countries) is tired of it too.

This speech, at such a late hour in an American election, in front of 100,000 cheering foreigners, does promise better foriegn relations. We've got the first realistic chance in a decade for more than just Britain to like us again. And that's not only good for our national self-esteem, that's good for our economy, our national security, the influence and spread of human rights, globalization, and modernization.

I don't know if you are able to embrace this the same way that I am. I don't know if your partisan blinders allow it. But it's a freeing feeling. It's fleeting, and it's small, but it's a freeing feeling. And it's one worth chasing.

Which I believe is why the Germans might have liked Barack Obama's visit.

I read a lot of "feeling" in this post. That's good, but emoting does not equal thinking.

Some Barack Hussein followers seem to be of the impression that it's us against the world. That simply isn't the case, although I understand it makes you "feel" better to "feel" so.

The facts say otherwise, however.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Only as a protest against NObama who will NOT get my vote.

I might not write her in though. I'm pretty disappointed that she sold her soul and prostituted herself for HIM. She will regret doing so.

You've both sold your souls. Hillary just turned more of a profit.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I read a lot of "feeling" in this post. That's good, but emoting does not equal thinking.

Some Barack Hussein followers seem to be of the impression that it's us against the world. That simply isn't the case, although I understand it makes you "feel" better to "feel" so.

The facts say otherwise, however.
I understand that, but it is based in fact.

American products suffer worldwide. Our reputation has decline. We have used unilateralism in our foreign policy.

The thing you don't understand is that our reputation across the world does influence everything else. It influences our national security. It influences our economy. It influences our ability be a moral authority.

An increased reputation worldwide helps. That's one of the many things an Obama candidacy suggests.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/robrabies/motivator8601876.jpg

Donger

American products suffer worldwide. Our reputation has decline. We have used unilateralism in our foreign policy.

The thing you don't understand is that our reputation across the world does influence everything else. It influences our national security. It influences our economy. It influences our ability be a moral authority.

An increased reputation worldwide helps. That's one of the many things an Obama candidacy suggests.

I do understand that. I was born and raised in Europe. Where you?

Europeans, for the most part, view us as the younger bother who has become more successful than them. They are VERY jealous of us. For that reason, I am hesitant to put much trust in them or their fickleness.

SBK

Dude, you're way better than this. If Penchief, boyceofsummer and jAZ had a 3 way and produced a kid it could never be this wrong.

Our reputation has changed governments to be more friendly to us, we go to war with dozens of nations, the world is more secure, better fed, clothed and housed because of us.

Donger
07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/robrabies/motivator8601876.jpg

That's it? I can only hope you're drunk or something.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Dude, you're way better than this. If Penchief, boyceofsummer and jAZ had a 3 way and produced a kid it could never be this wrong.

Our reputation has changed governments to be more friendly to us, we go to war with dozens of nations, the world is more secure, better fed, clothed and housed because of us.

In 1985 the planet could have provided clean water for every person on this earth who didn't have it (2 Billion people). It would have cost 5 billion dollars.

The great citizens of this orb spent that much on the arms race in 2 days.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Europeans, for the most part, view us as the younger bother who has become more successful than them. They are VERY jealous of us.
That'd be an intriguing point there, if it wasn't for Obama's great reception throughout that entire continent.

Donger
07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
That'd be an intriguing point there, if it wasn't for Obama's great reception throughout that entire continent.

Barack Hussein does not equal America. Neither does Bush. I've been trying to get that fact through to you.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
*scratches head*

What exactly are you responding to?

I'm not arguing that the world is better off without the USA altogether.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Barack Hussein does not equal America. Neither does Bush. I've been trying to get that fact through to you.
He helps.

markk
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM

Where else was he in Europe...?

Donger
07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
He helps.

Helps what? "Europeans will like us more if we elect Barack Hussein than if we elect John McCain"?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Helps what? "Europeans will like us more if we elect Barack Hussein than if we elect John McCain"?
A whole mess of people will like us a lot more if we elect Obama than McCain. Not just Europeans.

Although electing either would be an improvement over Bush.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
A whole mess of people will like us a lot more if we elect Obama than McCain. Not just Europeans.

Although electing either would be an improvement over Bush.

What is it about people "liking us". I don't understand what that means. Will they like me personally because the president is so and so?

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM

You just wait! Alot of people are going to like us! All over the world!

markk
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
What is it about people "liking us". I don't understand what that means. Will they like me personally because the president is so and so?

Unless you act like a turd in their presence, they are generally neutral to positive on you.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I've already explained why it's important.

Our reputation across the world does influence everything else. It influences our national security. It influences our economy. It influences our ability be a moral authority.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Unless you act like a turd in their presence, they are generally neutral to positive on you.

True. I've been all over the world-- Turkey, Germany, France, Brazil, Canada, Mexico....

Never regretted any of my experiences and generally liked the people that I met.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I've already explained why it's important.

Our reputation across the world does influence everything else. It influences our national security. It influences our economy. It influences our ability be a moral authority.

How has our economy and national security been compromised by being "unliked"?
What do you mean by "our ability to be a moral authority"? Were we one before Bush (2001)?

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
How has our economy and national security been compromised by being "unliked"?
What do you mean by "our ability to be a moral authority"? Were we one before Bush (2001)?
International corporations could tell your our economy has suffered because the American brand is so unpopular thanks to the last eight years that people across the globe aren't buying American as much as they used to.

National security is threatened by more moderates being pushed into extreme anti-Americanism because the hate against us is so pervasive. For example, violence spiked following Abu Ghraib.

And it's really tough for us to campaign for human rights and be a moral authority when we can't even grant them to prisoners in Guantanamo.

Our reputation affects so many different aspects in our place on this globe that it's not even funny.

***SPRAYER
07-24-2008, 08:57 PM
International corporations could tell your our economy has suffered because the American brand is so unpopular thanks to the last eight years that people across the globe aren't buying American as much as they used to.

National security is threatened by more moderates being pushed into extreme anti-Americanism because the hate against us is so pervasive. For example, violence spiked following Abu Ghraib.

And it's really tough for us to campaign for human rights and be a moral authority when we can't even grant them to prisoners in Guantanamo.

Our reputation affects so many different aspects in our place on this globe that it's not even funny.

ROFL

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 09:01 PM

Very true. The American "Brand" has been badly damaged by the last 8 years. I'm far from sure that either Sen. McCain or Sen. Obama is capable of "restoring" that brand, but either would be an improvement over what we have now.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 09:03 PM
ROFL
What's humorous?

I'm in a particularly talkative mood tonight.

Let's talk out our differences, good friend.

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh COME ON.

Donger, markk, AND SHTSPRAYER!? You're ALL going to stop replying with me?

Awwwwwwwwwww............................ :)

memyselfI
07-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Yep and doesn't this picture give you dejavu? :D

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/07/25/obamaberlin_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg

Direckshun
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
JFK?

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

They care because the actions of the USA effect them directly. That's why all EURO countries care, that's why all countries care. What is it that makes you so against Obama? You really think mccain is better? At the very least they are both politicians so all you can go off is what they say and if thats true then what does mccain say or do for that matter that makes you feel he is the man for the job?

SBK
07-24-2008, 10:15 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/07/25/obamaberlin_wideweb__470x303,0.jpg

LMAO, you love the get under people's skin don't you?

SBK
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Your ignorance knows no bounds.

They care because the actions of the USA effect them directly. That's why all EURO countries care, that's why all countries care. What is it that makes you so against Obama? You really think mccain is better? At the very least they are both politicians so all you can go off is what they say and if thats true then what does mccain say or do for that matter that makes you feel he is the man for the job?

From the guy that can't give 1 new idea of Obama's.....Vote for Obama or you're racist!! LMAO

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:18 PM

Not in the last 8 years sir. In the past yes. That is exactly what Obamas speech was about.

SBK
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Not in the last 8 years sir. In the past yes. That is exactly what Obamas speech was about.

Fail. BDS is killing you.

I'll give you an easy one. France.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:22 PM

The president represents America. That is the person we elect to represent us as our leader. So yes the potus does . Especially when the policies pushed by the president have negative impacts on other countries. please pull head out of ass.

SBK
07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
The president represents America. That is the person we elect to represent us as our leader. So yes the potus does . Especially when the policies pushed by the president have negative impacts on other countries. please pull head out of ass.

LMAO, you've got some balls to tell someone to do that!

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:28 PM

http://midwestpoet.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

markk
07-24-2008, 10:34 PM
the mirror's a tabloid you nitwit

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
From the guy that can't give 1 new idea of Obama's.....Vote for Obama or you're racist!! LMAO

They are not necessarily new ideas, just ones that have been flushed down the toilet by the current administration. The reason for the enamouring over Obama has more to do with how horrible things have been ran the last 8 years than just him. His persona only exemplifies this and i think he will be good at working with republicans along with democrats. Im hoping for that actually. Im not all for one side having all the power and say.

whatsmynameagain
07-24-2008, 10:38 PM

And even they know you're dumb!

SBK
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
They are not necessarily new ideas, just ones that have been flushed down the toilet by the current administration. The reason for the enamouring over Obama has more to do with how horrible things have been ran the last 8 years than just him. His persona only exemplifies this and i think he will be good at working with republicans along with democrats. Im hoping for that actually. Im not all for one side having all the power and say.

You've been suckered by the hope a dope campaign son.

penchief
07-25-2008, 07:23 AM

So is the Rupert Murdoch empire (including Faux News) which righties use to get their information and their talking points.

tiptap
07-25-2008, 09:53 AM
You've been suckered by the hope a dope campaign son.

No that was four year ago and not again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-25-2008, 11:12 AM

Oh rearry?

the enquirer has broken a few stories, it's not all tabloid. they buy real stuff if they find it. they uncovered jesse jackson's love child, probably the most notable. And they busted OJ on his claim that he didn't own Bruno Magli shoes, they found a picture of him wearing them.

markk
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
the point of the comment was, the post of the mirror cover was intended to bolster the point that everyone in the world thinks america is stupid, but the fact that the mirror is a tabloid should temper it with the fact that they are intentionally sensational. in the same issue they ran a story about the level of intelligence in red and blue states that was completely bogus.

i'm sure the mirror runs both factual and false stories like the enquirer does. it doesn't mean either should be propped up as a respectable publication. but as I said with the enquirer, they do publish stories on occasion that are true.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
the point of the comment was, the post of the mirror cover was intended to bolster the point that everyone in the world thinks america is stupid,

AFAICS, the mirror cover was intended to reflect the mirror claims approximately 1/5 of the total US population is stupid.

A point I have a hard time disagreeing with. Indeed, I think that's a rather low estimate.

Especially when I look at the top 10 rated TV shows. :p

irishjayhawk
07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
the point of the comment was, the post of the mirror cover was intended to bolster the point that everyone in the world thinks america is stupid, but the fact that the mirror is a tabloid should temper it with the fact that they are intentionally sensational. in the same issue they ran a story about the level of intelligence in red and blue states that was completely bogus.

i'm sure the mirror runs both factual and false stories like the enquirer does. it doesn't mean either should be propped up as a respectable publication. but as I said with the enquirer, they do publish stories on occasion that are true.

Actually, they only think 59,054,087 are stupid. ;)

markk
07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
AFAICS, the mirror cover was intended to reflect the mirror claims approximately 1/5 of the total US population is stupid.

A point I have a hard time disagreeing with. Indeed, I think that's a rather low estimate.

Especially when I look at the top 10 rated TV shows. :p

i agree with all that. i just didn't understand the attempt to gotcha with the quote. both are stupid 90% of the time, but occasionally true.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
i agree with all that. i just didn't understand the attempt to gotcha with the quote. both are stupid 90% of the time, but occasionally true.

All I can suggest is it's similar to the "gotcha" comments you regularly hurl at your political opposition.

It's the silly season, and we primates are flinging feces with glorious abandon. OOK OOK! :)

markk
07-25-2008, 11:36 AM
All I can suggest is it's similar to the "gotcha" comments you regularly hurl at your political opposition.

It's the silly season, and we primates are flinging feces with glorious abandon. OOK OOK! :)

well, at least i look for a prima facie gotcha before i try to post one. that doesn't even make sense.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2008, 11:44 AM
well, at least i look for a prima facie gotcha before i try to post one. that doesn't even make sense.

Oh yes, your quality of gotcha is vastly superior to all others, including my nonsensical posts.

It's a fine vintage of gotcha, I'm sure. Distilled, Aged, and Bottled by an order of Cistercian Monks living in the remote highlands of Ethiopia, where they tenderly nurture each gentle thread of political invective, humor, and satire before harvest.

I assume you found a US distributor that regularly provides you with a case or two every four years?

markk
07-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh yes, your quality of gotcha is vastly superior to all others, including my nonsensical posts.

It's a fine vintage of gotcha, I'm sure. Distilled, Aged, and Bottled by an order of Cistercian Monks living in the remote highlands of Ethiopia, where they tenderly nurture each gentle thread of political invective, humor, and satire before harvest.

I assume you found a US distributor that regularly provides you with a case or two every four years?

so where are all these Boone's farm gotchas you think I am selling? These are at least Ecco Domini gotchas, if not Yellow Tail or something else slightly higher in grocery store quality. I'm not peddling mad dog here for pete's sake.