PDA

View Full Version : Elections Media Bias?!....Media Donations Favor Dems 100-1

recxjake
07-24-2008, 12:47 PM

bkkcoh
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I didn't know that corporations were so slanted for the democrats!!!!!!

StcChief
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah.... surprise it takes this to show Media bias :rolleyes:

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I guess McCain's upset now that his self-proclaimed "base" is moving to the other guy.

Granted, he made that comment on October 17, 2005 at the American Magazine Conference, at the Wyndham El Conquistador hotel in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. Perhaps his base became disillusioned since then. :shrug:

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 01:16 PM
The New York Times has given the same amount of money to the Republicans as has Fox and Fox News combined!.

Carlota69
07-24-2008, 01:18 PM
All I know is Mccain is on CNN right now, and he is a ****ing Snoozefest!!!! A real ratings killer I tell ya.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
And MSNBC has given more money to Republicans than Democrats. Yes, that's a real accurate gauge.

bkkcoh
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
And MSNBC has given more money to Republicans than Democrats. Yes, that's a real accurate gauge.

I bet Olberman is real ticked at that..... :banghead:

Chief Henry
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
No one would ever guess that media people would donate more $$$ to Democrats than Republicans...say it isn't so.

Stinger
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM

In their defense they gave a dollar in honor for every viewer they have.

noa
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Where's the fairness doctrine when you need it?

tiptap
07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I didn't know that corporations were so slanted for the democrats!!!!!!

If you all notice the amount is less than 200,000 total. The information is about the reporters. We have not seen the money list for the editors. We have not seen the money list for the Corporate owners of the Stations. I think the money amounts would show that those contributors are preferentially Republican.

bkkcoh
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
If you all notice the amount is less than 200,000 total. The information is about the reporters. We have not seen the money list for the editors. We have not seen the money list for the Corporate owners of the Stations. I think the money amounts would show that those contributors are preferentially Republican.

But I think the point is, the editorial pages are usually definitive in their biased opinion.

It is the anchors and reporters that can put a spin on it that might not give the entire story or present the situation in a good or bad light depending on thier POV.

Chiefnj2
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
But I think the point is, the editorial pages are usually definitive in their biased opinion.

It is the anchors and reporters that can put a spin on it that might not give the entire story or present the situation in a good or bad light depending on thier POV.

Like the NY Times being so against McCain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/25/opinion/25fri2.html

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
What's funny is the second the media actually starts paying attention to McCain, the second McCain and his campaign regret it. He has it good right now. He's made a buttload of gaffes that would've already sunk Obama's chances and he hasn't had to pay the price.

bkkcoh
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Like the NY Times being so against McCain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/25/opinion/25fri2.html

No, because that is an editorial column. There isn't any editorial column that isn't going to be slanted one way or another.

It is the stories that are trying to pursuade the people reading the article to change thier mind on the topic versus giving them the information and allowing them to make up thier own mind.

But I do realize that probably won't happen, but it would be nice if it would.

Wouldn't it?

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Where's the fairness doctrine when you need it?

ROFL

Struck down by the Supreme Court in '84, as the "scarcity rationale" no longer applied, IIRC.

penchief
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
It's no secret that journalists lean more liberal. We've had this discussion before. That is because they are more idealistic. But that idealism also lends itself to objectivity and ethics in journalism.

The more immediate threat to objective journalism is corporate control which wields the programming hammer. Otherwise, you wouldn't end up with things like the campaign of lies perpetuated by the mainstream media that impugned the integrity of John Kerry's honorable service (ala, Clearwater).

irishjayhawk
07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
ROFL

Struck down by the Supreme Court in '84, as the "scarcity rationale" no longer applied, IIRC.

Coincidence?

|Zach|
07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
What's funny is the second the media actually starts paying attention to McCain, the second McCain and his campaign regret it. He has it good right now. He's made a buttload of gaffes that would've already sunk Obama's chances and he hasn't had to pay the price.

The BBQ media?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xp0iHOk0mEQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xp0iHOk0mEQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/the-barbeque-media-wants_b_114843.html