PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama's Berlin Speech

NCarlsCorner2
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Why didnt he deliver it in German.:doh!:

Also he didnt visit the injured soldiers in Berlin because he didnt want to use taxpayer money,:lame:excuse.

jiveturkey
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I heard that the Pentagon asked him not to visit the soldiers since it was a political trip.

It was the TV however and it's been known to lie.

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Because many Europeans are not afraid to learn/insulted by/too ignorant to learn a language other than their native one? :shrug:

beer bacon
07-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Any AMERICAN President should only speak in AMERICAN. This is are country.

jAZ
07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Any AMERICAN President should only speak in AMERICAN. This is are country.

I am a jelly donut.

irishjayhawk
07-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Because many Europeans are not afraid to learn/insulted by/too ignorant to learn a language other than their native one? :shrug:

QFT.

Sadly, I fit into that group too. :/

Calcountry
07-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Also he didnt visit the injured soldiers in Berlin because he didnt want to use taxpayer money,:lame:excuse.Because we won the war.

HolmeZz
07-24-2008, 07:15 PM

Also he didnt visit the injured soldiers in Berlin because he didnt want to use taxpayer money,:lame:excuse.

You loons need to have a meeting to discuss your talking points. We now have two dueling topics, one criticizing Obama for using taxpayer money and another for not using taxpayer money.

NCarlsCorner2
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Look what just climbed out of Obama's butt.:LOL::LOL:

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Because we won the war.

LMAO :clap: [/thread]

beer bacon
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Because we won the war.

What exactly did we win? Did we finally find all the those WMDs?

The stupidest current pro-war claim is just that we "won the war." We won the war pretty quickly when we flatted Saddam's army and threw him out of power. We then found out that our justifications for the war were utterly false. For the last six years we have not been at war. We have been occupying a sovereign nation. You can't get an honorable victory out of that.

markk
07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
He's got no problem using $9 million extra in tax dollars to have a larger venue for his coronation. Why not spend a few tens of thousands on jet fuel between Berlin and Kaiserslautern?

Adept Havelock
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
What exactly did we win? Did we finally find all the those WMDs?

The stupidest current pro-war claim is just that we "won the war." We won the war pretty quickly when we flatted Saddam's army and threw him out of power. We then found out that our justifications for the war were utterly false. For the last six years we have not been at war. We have been occupying a sovereign nation. You can't get an honorable victory out of that.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to World War Two. ;)

It's an old joke. There was a Lufthansa pilot communicating with his tower at a German Airport. All international air traffic is supposed to be in English.

The Lufthansa pilot begins to speak in German, and is told by the tower to speak English. The pilot replies "I am a German Pilot, in a German Plane, flying for a German Airline, asking for landing instructions from a German airport on German territory. Why, then, should I have to speak English?"

A British Air pilot breaks into the conversation and says "Because we won the bloody war. That's why."

LMAO

Messier
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Look what just climbed out of Obama's butt.:LOL::LOL:

There will no longer be political discussions on DC, because every conservative argument against any Obama support is basically, "If you love Obama so much why don't you marry him?"

beer bacon
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Duh. My bad.

Guru
07-25-2008, 04:36 AM
So...

This is the moment.

14 times right?

Baby Lee
07-25-2008, 05:04 AM

It's an old joke. There was a Lufthansa pilot communicating with his tower at a German Airport. All international air traffic is supposed to be in English.

The Lufthansa pilot begins to speak in German, and is told by the tower to speak English. The pilot replies "I am a German Pilot, in a German Plane, flying for a German Airline, asking for landing instructions from a German airport on German territory. Why, then, should I have to speak English?"

A British Air pilot breaks into the conversation and says "Because we won the bloody war. That's why."

LMAO

Speaking of which, remind me to thank Obama for apologizing to GERMANY on behalf of AMERICA for occasionally letting them down.

***SPRAYER
07-25-2008, 05:47 AM
So...

This is the moment.

14 times right?

Can't you feel the excitement in the air?

Adept Havelock
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Speaking of which, remind me to thank Obama for apologizing to GERMANY on behalf of AMERICA for occasionally letting them down.

OK.

BL, don't forget to thank Sen. Obama for apologizing to Germany on behalf of America for occasionally letting them down.

Bingley-Bingley-Beep! You have a meeting with the Patrician in twelve minutes.

markk
07-25-2008, 08:30 AM

the world has largely forgiven germany for its much greater sins 60 years ago, it seems ironic that they would be unwilling to forgive us for our perceived sins in the last 5 years.