PDA

View Full Version : Life So who hasn't seen Dark Knight yet?

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Seems like everywhere I look the majority has seen it,so have you?

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
No. My IMAX theater keeps selling out. Ill probably wait till next week. Ive avoided the Dark Knight threads here.

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
No - will probably wait until it comes out on dvd

SNR
07-24-2008, 06:08 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187489

KcMizzou
07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I haven't. I plan on seeing it this weekend.

LiL stumppy
Haven't and don't plan on it. I am waiting for Sat. night... STEP BROTHERS!!!!!!!

BWillie
No - will probably wait until it comes out on dvd

I wait to see things until they come out on HBO, Cinemax or the likes. We have a $165 cable bill, I might as well take use of the damn thing.

Third Eye
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I wasn't crazy enough to fight the opening weekend crowd, but we went yesterday to see the IMAX presentation. Unfortunately it was sold out all day, so we saw the regular one.

RJ
07-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll see it either as a rental or on HBO, whichever comes first.

tommykat
07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Seems like everywhere I look the majority has seen it,so have you?
Sorry but why would I want to see it? Never saw any but the first one. Just because it is full of evil and Ledger died from all the crap, why? Easy to rent if you want to when available. ;)

Ari Chi3fs
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I plan on whacking off to my computer screen with a picture of Heath Ledger on it. I just can't quit him, man.

No. I haven't seen... may not. I don't really care.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I just read this flick just broke the 6 day gross mark of 222 mil. Its like a juggernaut. Might pass Titanic in overall money makers.

Midnight_Vulture
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Haha what kind of tool waits for it to come out on DVD. Do you realize how long thats gonna be dude? It wont come out til December.

Have fun waiting.

Ari Chi3fs
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, the money it is making is quite insane. Then when you factor in that little kids who notoriously LOVE Batman aren't seeing it... makes it more impressive.

Are there any Batman merch for sale, figurines and shit selling for this movie? I haven't noticed.

Joie
07-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I just read this flick just broke the 6 day gross mark of 222 mil. Its like a juggernaut. Might pass Titanic in overall money makers.

This actually makes me want to see it less. Titanic was mediocre, and most overhyped movies end up disappointing.

KCFalcon59
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Would like to go this weekend, but most likely will wait till the following weekend.

Dicky McElephant
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Haha what kind of tool waits for it to come out on DVD. Do you realize how long thats gonna be dude? It wont come out til December.

Have fun waiting.

Wow....December is such a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG ways away.

Thig Lyfe
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Haven't and don't plan on it.

Um, may I ask why you don't plan on it?

BWillie
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM

Have fun waiting.

You are such a f*cking douchebag. Some people don't base their life's enjoyment around seeing a particular movie. Would I like to see the movie? Sure, kind of. It's not like it's even something I am preoccupied thinking about eitherway. If I see it now or later, it's not going to bother me a whole lot.

chiefs1111
07-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Im going to wait till next weekend to see it when the crowds die down.

Skip Towne
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Nope. Don't care.

Predarat
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
I haven't seen it and haven't even seen the new Indiana Jones movie yet, I need to go do that lol.

irishjayhawk
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
I haven't seen it and haven't even seen the new Indiana Jones movie yet, I need to go do that lol.

No, you don't.

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 07:48 PM
No, you don't.

I have no desire to see that one

mcan
07-24-2008, 08:11 PM

Have fun waiting.

Kind of abrasive, don't you think?

By the by, I think it'll be a whole lot longer than that before this comes out. It'll be in the theater till at least October. Probably longer. Then it'll die off for the Thanksgiving/Christmas movie season, but it'll get re-released in mid to late January in theaters after it's nominated for best picture. It'll come out on DVD probably in February after its second run peters out.

barry_smilez20
07-24-2008, 08:14 PM
havent and wont movies suck now get original really

StcChief
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
watching the beginning on DVD.... may go this weekend

Spicy McHaggis
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
You are such a f*cking douchebag. Some people don't base their life's enjoyment around seeing a particular movie. Would I like to see the movie? Sure, kind of. It's not like it's even something I am preoccupied thinking about eitherway. If I see it now or later, it's not going to bother me a whole lot.

If you want to see it, I'm sure Midnight will give you a ride on his bike. He probably has one of those sidecar things,

http://pittsburghdish.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sidecar.jpg

That's pretty sweet. The ladies love sidecars, right?

Baconeater
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I haven't, and likely never will.

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Im going to wait till next weekend to see it when the crowds die down.

Might need to wait longer, depending on where you're at.

Coffey and I were going to catch a 3:40 show this afternoon, only to find it was sold out.

3:40 on a Thursday afternoon? Sold out?

crazycoffey
07-24-2008, 08:45 PM
haven't yet, but as mentioned above - at least I have tried!
Tomorrow at 12, it's as good as hootie's love for huard, mecca's pessimism on the chief's season, and goatboy's love for anything male....

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 08:46 PM
haven't yet, but as mentioned above - at least I have tried!
Tomorrow at 12, it's as good as hootie's love for huard, mecca's pessimism on the chief's season, and goatboy's love for anything male....

LMAO

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Might need to wait longer, depending on where you're at.

Coffey and I were going to catch a 3:40 show this afternoon, only to find it was sold out.

3:40 on a Thursday afternoon? Sold out?

You two are seeing alot of each other huh? :)

NTTAWWT

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM

NTTAWWT

I just hang out with him so I can gawk at his hot GF....

FAX
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Not yet. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX can't make up her mind if she wants to see it or not. It may be too "dark" for her.

One way or another, though, I'm going this weekend. My current plan is to make it a double feature event and see Hellboy first, then The Dark Knight.

FAX

crazycoffey
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM

NTTAWWT

shhhh, I'm trying to nail him....

crazycoffey
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I just hang out with him so I can gawk at his hot GF....

uh'mmmm, you mean - "drinking buddy".....

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
uh'mmmm, you mean - "drinking buddy".....

is this drinking buddy going to make it to the bash?

Joie
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Not yet. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX can't make up her mind if she wants to see it or not. It may be too "dark" for her.

One way or another, though, I'm going this weekend. My current plan is to make it a double feature event and see Hellboy first, then The Dark Knight.

FAX

If she doesn't like it, make sure you take her home lest you face the wrath of other movie goers. ;)

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM

I hope so....

:D:D

crazycoffey
07-24-2008, 08:55 PM

per tonight's conversation, Yes...
waiting on making RSVP with you to see if my brother (Zeus75) wants to go.....

Otter
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Except for the occasional IMAX I take the nieces & nephews you couldn't pay me to try and watch a movie with a bunch of strangers.

Always some dickless jerk who needs to act like their the only one in the room who I start whipping ice or M&Ms at because I can't follow the movie.

Netflix and home theater for me.

OnTheWarpath58
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Except for the occasional IMAX I take the nieces & nephews you couldn't pay me to try and watch a movie with a bunch of strangers.

Always some dickless jerk who needs to act like their the only one in the room who I start whipping ice or M&Ms at because I can't follow the movie.

I'm the same way, Otter.

But I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised with the Dark Knight crowd.

Place was entranced with the flick. You could hear a pin drop....when the speakers weren't putting out 120 decibels of shit blowing up....

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
per tonight's conversation, Yes...
waiting on making RSVP with you to see if my brother (Zeus75) wants to go.....

looking forward :toast:

EyePod
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I'M GOING TO IMAX ON SATURDAY!!!! I LOVE BATMAN!!!! I WILL BEAT CHRISTIAN BALE'S MOTHER/SISTER FOR HIM!!!! :-D (If this movie disappoints me... there will be hell to pay...)

Midnight_Vulture
07-24-2008, 09:12 PM

FAX

Too dark??? Ummm its PG 13 dude.

And to the idiots that dont want to see this? Why the hell not? You guys are missing out on one of the best films of the decade. The action is spectacular, the dialogue is great and Heath Ledger gives a performance for the ages.

FAX
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Too dark??? Ummm its PG 13 dude.

And to the idiots that dont want to see this? Why the hell not? You guys are missing out on one of the best films of the decade. The action is spectacular, the dialogue is great and Heath Ledger gives a performance for the ages.

Unlike those of us with no emotions and morality equivalent to dry ice, she's sensitive to stuff. She wants to go, but is hesitant. I think it mainly has to do with the fact that Heath Ledger died right after making the movie. It would sadden her to see him.

FAX

FAX
07-24-2008, 09:21 PM

I'm pretty much with you on that one, Mr. Otter. Most of our theatres are a severe pain in the postcount. But the Green Hills theatre always has a respectful crowd. No children crying (if they do, the parents walk), no talking, half the audience stays through the credits, etc. It's the only place I go anymore.

FAX

Joie
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Unlike those of us with no emotions and morality equivalent to dry ice, she's sensitive to stuff. She wants to go, but is hesitant. I think it mainly has to do with the fact that Heath Ledger died right after making the movie. It would sadden her to see him.

FAX

It is a little sad seeing the previews and knowing it's his last movie. Perhaps Mrs. FAX should wait for DVD so that she can turn the movie off if she needs to.

FAX
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
It is a little sad seeing the previews and knowing it's his last movie. Perhaps Mrs. FAX should wait for DVD so that she can turn the movie off if she needs to.

That's probably what she'll do, Ms. Joie. I'm giving her one last BatChance, then I'm going with or without her. A man has to do what a man has to do.

FAX

Joie
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
That's probably what she'll do, Ms. Joie. I'm giving her one last BatChance, then I'm going with or without her. A man has to do what a man has to do.

FAX

I'm sure she'll understand.

crazycoffey
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM

FAX

if you want to come to St. Louis I have tickets already to tomorrow's noon show, I'll buy your popcorn Mr. Fax....

Nzoner
07-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Leave it to CP to buck the majority

Programmer
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
The last movie I went to see was in 2002. Just not interested.
Besides, they always show up on HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc. soon enough.

Demonpenz
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I hate going to the movies. Too tired after work, to busy drinking on the weekends, I wait for movies along time, also I like starting and stopping them because there is always some sport on that I want to watch. All that being said batman might be the first movie since wedding crashers I see at the movies

DeezNutz
07-24-2008, 10:48 PM
If I knew that I'd never be able to view another movie at a theater for the rest of my life, I wouldn't even care enough to say, "Ok."

That said, sometimes I go. Sometimes I also go through a McDonald's drive-thru.

Otter
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm pretty much with you on that one, Mr. Otter. Most of our theatres are a severe pain in the postcount. But the Green Hills theatre always has a respectful crowd. No children crying (if they do, the parents walk), no talking, half the audience stays through the credits, etc. It's the only place I go anymore.

FAX

If I could find one like that I'd be back in the theaters for the occasional movie. Some movies are definitely more enjoyable on the big screen.

It's a pretty simple atmosphere to control if they would have an employee standing in the back to give a warning then enforcement. I'd be willing to pay and extra $2 - $3 for that luxury.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
By the by, I think it'll be a whole lot longer than that before this comes out. It'll be in the theater till at least October. Probably longer. Then it'll die off for the Thanksgiving/Christmas movie season, but it'll get re-released in mid to late January in theaters after it's nominated for best picture. It'll come out on DVD probably in February after its second run peters out.

Nah.

It'll be out after Thanksgiving and before Christmas this year on DVD. There's NO WAY Warner's will want to miss the holiday season for probably the biggest movie of the year.

Plus, they'll want everyone to see it so it's fresh in the minds of the Oscar voters.

FTR, DVD sales are generally double that of the box office. Combine that with the holidays and everyone at WB will be receiving huge holiday bonuses.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2008, 11:32 PM
If I could find one like that I'd be back in the theaters for the occasional movie. Some movies are definitely more enjoyable on the big screen.

It's a pretty simple atmosphere to control if they would have an employee standing in the back to give a warning then enforcement. I'd be willing to pay and extra $2 - $3 for that luxury.

arclightcinemas.com

You can buy and choose your seat in advance. Stadium seating. Two full bars and a restaurant.

Movie heaven.

FAX
07-24-2008, 11:42 PM

We are uber-sympatico, Mr. Otter peep dude.

Just because a movie is released doesn't mean I rush out to see it. However, there are some movies that you simply have to see on a big screen to fully appreciate. Saw III, for example. And that one about the spooky, bridge-swinging, big-mouthed monster that was created when they poured formaldehyde into the Han River and it captured the little Korean girl and her family resolved their disfunction as they went through the process of almost rescuing her with arrows and molotov cocktails and cell phones and a big steel stick.

By the way, why do they call them "cocktails"? It's a drink, not a somebody's pecker on a string.

FAX

Otter
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
We are uber-sympatico, Mr. Otter peep dude.

Just because a movie is released doesn't mean I rush out to see it. However, there are some movies that you simply have to see on a big screen to fully appreciate. Saw III, for example. And that one about the spooky, bridge-swinging, big-mouthed monster that was created when they poured formaldehyde into the Han River and it captured the little Korean girl and her family resolved their disfunction as they went through the process of almost rescuing her with arrows and molotov cocktails and cell phones and a big steel stick.

By the way, why do they call them "cocktails"? It's a drink, not a somebody's pecker on a string.

FAX

"Dawn of the Dead" remake comes to mind. George Romero movies are a guilty pleasure of mine.

KCCHIEFS27
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
I watched it online last night..I didn't think it was all that great. The first one is still my sentimental favorite. Jack Nicholson played a WAY better joker than Ledger.

kcchiefsus
07-25-2008, 01:17 AM

I suppose you could have problems with the other moviegoers if you are so insecure that you have to pay attention to others instead of the movie.

kcchiefsus
07-25-2008, 01:19 AM
The last movie I went to see was in 2002. Just not interested.
Besides, they always show up on HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc. soon enough.

I bet you enjoy them lesbian flicks on Skinemax don't you?

kcchiefsus
07-25-2008, 01:20 AM
I watched it online last night..I didn't think it was all that great. The first one is still my sentimental favorite. Jack Nicholson played a WAY better joker than Ledger.

Bullshit

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2008, 01:22 AM

Is this a trick question?

Frazod
07-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Nicholson was a tremendous Joker. Just because he did it 20 years ago and didn't drug-pummel himself to death prior to the original's release doesn't detract from that.

It's a great movie. Ledger was awesome. But seriously, people are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard about this.

kcchiefsus
07-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Is this a trick question?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187139

JuicesFlowing
07-25-2008, 01:38 AM
I haven't yet. Prefer less crowds. Maybe this weekend.

Programmer
07-25-2008, 02:30 AM

I'd guess that you must be watching them. I haven't seen a movie on HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc. for some time either.

You really need to get out a bit more. Not everyone you see is against your favorite fantasies.

FAX
07-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Nicholson was a tremendous Joker. Just because he did it 20 years ago and didn't drug-pummel himself to death prior to the original's release doesn't detract from that.

It's a great movie. Ledger was awesome. But seriously, people are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard about this.

You mean it was a bad idea for me to sell my house and give the proceeds to the new, neighborhood BatChurch?

FAX

Programmer
07-25-2008, 02:39 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187139

You have more of a problem than your buds. Get over it.

kcchiefsus
07-25-2008, 03:09 AM
You have more of a problem than your buds. Get over it.

It was a joke, relax.

Taco John
07-25-2008, 03:12 AM
I haven't even seen Batman Begins...

Taco John
07-25-2008, 03:14 AM

I hate you for making me realize that it was, indeed, twenty years ago. :#

Programmer
07-25-2008, 03:38 AM
It was a joke, relax.:rolleyes:

BTAU
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm going to see it tomorrow. Early showing because I am cheap. And them I am going to eat lunch at place that I have a coupon for a free meal. The day is shaping up nicely.

Joie
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
You mean it was a bad idea for me to sell my house and give the proceeds to the new, neighborhood BatChurch?

FAX

If you shouldn't have donated to a BatChurch, then I should probably try to get my life savings back from the new BatSchool they just built down the street.

Groves
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I keep trying to find a crowded parking lot to lock my kids in while I rest in the theater, but honestly it's just been too cool. I wouldn't want the children to catch cold, you know. I'll wait for a hotter evening. That's all with the caveat that I don't see any taco stands nearby, of course, cause then I'd just empty the wallet there and we'd all head home.

HolyHandgernade
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Going right now. I expect Dorsey to be signed by the time I get back!

-HH

irishjayhawk
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Nah.

It'll be out after Thanksgiving and before Christmas this year on DVD. There's NO WAY Warner's will want to miss the holiday season for probably the biggest movie of the year.

Plus, they'll want everyone to see it so it's fresh in the minds of the Oscar voters.

FTR, DVD sales are generally double that of the box office. Combine that with the holidays and everyone at WB will be receiving huge holiday bonuses.

Yep. It will be out before Christmas.

Perhaps. But see I don't think the comparison can be made.

Nicholson's Joker was in the spirit of the original series.
Ledger's Joker was in the spirit of Miller's reformulation.

I think people just like the believability aspect of Ledger over Nicholson with makeup. In fact, it may be that Nicholson's joker was just that: him in make up.

I haven't even seen Batman Begins...

You should.

Midnight_Vulture
07-25-2008, 01:00 PM
SIGH
Where do I even begin with some of you?

Seriously some of you are saying "Hmmm, I might catch it when it comes out on Cinemax."

WHAT?! And watch it on your crappy 25 inch television?

You need to see this in theaters. The experience is incredible and you cant match it on your crappy smaller tv. YOu need to see it on the big silver screen or an IMAX to fully appreciate it.

Seriousy, I am trying to help out some of you poor schmucks here. Hide some joy in your boring miserable lives. What else do you have to do anyways? Wait hand and foot on your wives and children or something?

Sheesh some of you guys are beyond lame its not even funny, its quite sad.

SCTrojan
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm thinking of catching it when it comes out on Cinemax. :)

FAX
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank you for caring, Mr. Midnight_Felcher.

FAX

seclark
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
SIGH

Seriously some of you are saying "Hmmm, I might catch it when it comes out on Cinemax."

You need to see this in theaters. The experience is incredible and you cant match it on your crappy smaller tv. YOu need to see it on the big silver screen or an IMAX to fully appreciate it.

Seriousy, I am trying to help out some of you poor schmucks here. Hide some joy in your boring miserable lives. What else do you have to do anyways? Wait hand and foot on your wives and children or something?

Sheesh some of you guys are beyond lame its not even funny, its quite sad.

although you have a harsh way of putting this, you are reaching out to help...and i was taught that it's the thought that counts.

and my thought is, you should go f@ck yourself.
sec

Midnight_Vulture
07-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you for caring, Mr. Midnight_Felcher.

FAX

No problem.

Sorry you are whipped by your wife.

"Oh honey its far too dark for me WHAAAAAAAH!"

Bwhahaha pathetic

FAX
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
No problem.

Sorry you are whipped by your wife.

"Oh honey its far too dark for me WHAAAAAAAH!"

Bwhahaha pathetic

ROFL

I'll be certain to pass along your opinion to the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX.

FAX

penguinz
07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Nope. Waiting for a time when the mother-in-law can watch the two kids.

Rausch
07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
SIGH

I've grown sick of your shit. Until now you've managed to balance the line where you both irritate and bore in a way I can't even work up the hate to despise you and you don't deserve the pity.

You're like that three legged chicken everyone saw in 3rd grade science class. First you made fun of it, then felt sorry for it, then just slowly grew to understand that Darwin and the honest brutality of nature are universal truths.

You should be allowed to stumble around your closed enviornment until you ultimately fall face first into the collected $#it of your brethren and suffocate.

Or more likely, choke out masterbating with a county jail cell bed sheet tied around your fake tanned and wife-beater sporting neck...

Demonpenz
07-25-2008, 01:14 PM

yeah I think so too

Rausch
07-25-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah I think so too

I'll see it, likely on the big screen.

I'm a comix nerd at heart and even though this isn't my brand it's like my step-brother banging a playmate.

Perhaps I didn't beat it back but at least it's in the family...

Otter
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM

Heath Ledger should be rising from the grave and kissing Jack Nicholson's feet for being compared to a Hollywood legend. It's amazing what death can do for an artists career, no?

I wonder how many of these flaky Ledger fans are the same ones that were calling him a 'fag' and what not for his role in Brokeback Mountain?

Frazod
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Heath Ledger should be rising from the grave and kissing Jack Nicholson's feet for being compared to a Hollywood legend. It's amazing what death can do for an artists career, no?

I wonder how many of these flaky Ledger fans are the same ones that were calling him a 'Rump Ranger' and what not for his role in Brokeback Mountain?

I thought it was a bad move when I initially heard about it. Obviously I was extremely wrong in that assessment.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to construct a candle-lit shrine to the guy in my closet.

It's a shame he abused himself past the point of no return, just as it was a shame that River Phoenix did, and Janis Joplin did, and John Belushi did, and so on, and so on. The entertainment industry will go on just fine without him.

Deberg_1990
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
The entertainment industry will go on just fine without him.

Oh no it wont. It still hasnt recovered from the death of Chris Farley.

Demonpenz
07-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I am not a comic book guy or nerd at all, but batman is pretty sweet story. I saw a special on the history channel that was very intersting about batman and the line drawn before batman badguys and real life serial killers. I can't remember the exact lines but it was like Joker was jeffrey daughmer, gah I can't remember the rest but it tied the characters of batman to real life serial killers, catwoman, the unibomber, etc sweet show

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I have quit going to the theater, I will fall asleep and start snoring watching almost any movie. DVDs at the correct time, are my only option.

Frazod
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I have quit going to the theater, I will fall asleep and start snoring watching almost any movie. DVDs at the correct time, are my only option.

Midnight Dumbass would certainly consider you to be an old fart.

Wait a minute - you are an old fart! LMAO

And where's that Challenger? I want to go for a ride, dammit!

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Midnight Dumbass would certainly consider you to be an old fart.

Wait a minute - you are an old fart! LMAO

And where's that Challenger? I want to go for a ride, dammit!

Hey, it is still on order. I just looked at the date on the confirmation and it was June 6th. Last I heard, they were still finishing up the 6,400 2008 SRT8s before they start on the 2009s. The more I learn about the car, I really like the way I ordered it. I can't wait until I can give you a ride, better yet let you drive it.

On another subject, I got tickets for the August 7th, Chiefs-Bears preseason opener.
Wife is going, since it is our 37th anniversary, but you guys ought to go with us. I doubt the tickets are to hard to get. Interested?

Frazod
07-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey, it is still on order. I just looked at the date on the confirmation and it was June 6th. Last I heard, they were still finishing up the 6,400 2008 SRT8s before they start on the 2009s. The more I learn about the car, I really like the way I ordered it. I can't wait until I can give you a ride, better yet let you drive it.

On another subject, I got tickets for the August 7th, Chiefs-Bears preseason opener.
Wife is going, since it is our 37th anniversary, but you guys ought to go with us. I doubt the tickets are to hard to get. Interested?

I'll check into it and give you a call.

Midnight_Vulture
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM

Do you have to wear diapers as well.

Seriously, some of you guys are the saddiest bunch of schmucks I have ever come across.

You cant even finish watching a film without falling asleep yet you can watch a full game of Herm-lead Chief team.
Pathetic

And to the idiot that said Ledger should be kissing Jack's feet cause of his role as the Joker....ummm why?
Ledger's version is faaaaaar superior in everyway shape and form. Jacks version is now pretty much gay and embarrassing by comparison.

I seriously think some of you should stick to bitching about the Chiefs cause its obvious films arent your forte. Plus, did some of you eat paint chips as a kid...sure seems like it.

Midnight_Vulture
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought it was a bad move when I initially heard about it. Obviously I was extremely wrong in that assessment.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to construct a candle-lit shrine to the guy in my closet.

It's a shame he abused himself past the point of no return, just as it was a shame that River Phoenix did, and Janis Joplin did, and John Belushi did, and so on, and so on. The entertainment industry will go on just fine without him.

Sure the industry will go on without him but he was a HUGE loss. He was definitely the most talented actor under the age of 30.

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Do you have to wear diapers as well.

Seriously, some of you guys are the saddiest bunch of schmucks I have ever come across.

You cant even finish watching a film without falling asleep yet you can watch a full game of Herm-lead Chief team.
Pathetic

And to the idiot that said Ledger should be kissing Jack's feet cause of his role as the Joker....ummm why?
Ledger's version is faaaaaar superior in everyway shape and form. Jacks version is now pretty much gay and embarrassing by comparison.

I seriously think some of you should stick to bitching about the Chiefs cause its obvious films arent your forte. Plus, did some of you eat paint chips as a kid...sure seems like it.

Nice of you to take time out of your busy schedule to visit us. Now go get on your bike, and get some more chicks, time is wasting.

Oh, and for the most part movies bore me. How are the STDs progressing? Got any open sores yet?

Frazod
07-25-2008, 04:54 PM
This punk has gone from amusing to annoying to ticking down to a banning in really short order.

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
This punk has gone from amusing to annoying to ticking down to a banning in really short order.

He is kind of like watching a retarded kid. You try not to stare, but you just can't help but look.

Otter
07-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Don't get me wrong that wasn't directed at anything you said. We have movie nights once or twice a month and when that movie was pulled from the hat I made as many jokes as the next straight guy.

I just find it amazing it all the love now that he's dead.

Otter
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Putting attention in the wrong places. I digress.

Deberg_1990
07-25-2008, 06:00 PM

That pretty much happens to any entertainment artist when something tragic happens in the middle of their prime.

They all reach a certain "Martyr" status with the fanatical. Human nature i guess...

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow....December is such a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG ways away.But if you had the clap, December would seem like a long way off as well. Each day must be torture, I heard it is really painful.

KcMizzou
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
That pretty much happens to any entertainment artist when something tragic happens in the middle of their prime.

They all reach a certain "Martyr" status with the fanatical. Human nature i guess...I'm sure that's part of it.

The other part is the fact that the guy really did do an amazing job.

As with most things, I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

kregger
07-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Not yet, hope to get to an early show this week.

Fruit Ninja
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Scene it today. As everyone has stated, Ledger stole the show.

Fairplay
07-26-2008, 12:04 AM
The movie has been so pumped up by everyone that it might let me down.

I would rather go in with lower expectations to a movie honestly. So i will go in thinking you people are all screwed up and don't know anything.
And that the movie will probably suck as well. :grr:

Then i will be in for a treat.:clap:

Fairplay
07-26-2008, 12:06 AM

I think his avatar is hilarious. We need this jerk-off around a while.

Im a sap for cheap entertainment.

irishjayhawk
07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Don't get me wrong that wasn't directed at anything you said. We have movie nights once or twice a month and when that movie was pulled from the hat I made as many jokes as the next straight guy.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He blew that part out of the water.

But as I've already said, they are really two different jokers. One is a dark, realistic joker. The other is a comic book joker. Consider it the difference between a comic book and a graphic novel. The latter are usually darker. As are the parts.

I actually think, but it's pending me seeing Dark Knight again, that Batman Begins might be the better film. That is not to say that DK isn't good.

I will say that I prefer Ledger's gritty take to Nicholson's "himself + makeup". But I'm sure there's a generational divide there too. If you look at the way each person played the role, it's much clearer that Ledger disappeared into the role while Nicholson stayed right there. I consider that better acting. Some don't.

To each their own.

Fruit Ninja
07-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Yep, Ledger being dead has nothing to do with it imo. Outside of his death, him not being able to play Joker again, is a damned shame.

Guru
07-26-2008, 03:35 AM
Oh no it wont. It still hasnt recovered from the death of Chris Farley.

LMAO

Damn, now I feel like a horrible person for laughing at that.

Nah, Chris would have loved that.

Braincase
07-26-2008, 07:37 AM
10 PM Show tonight. Already have tix.

Nzoner
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
10 PM Show tonight. Already have tix.

Do try and stay awake ;)