PDA

View Full Version : Football Brilliant New Offense!

KCrockaholic
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
This new offense is incredible! it could be the offense of the future. and For aspiring coaches like myself, i must say this is amazing. the A-11 offense! http://a11offense.com/
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031
:clap:

Chief Chief
07-24-2008, 08:15 PM
This will have a shelf life of about 3 years then rules will be implemented to kill it off.

Discuss Thrower
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
And here I was thinking creativity was pretty much gone when thinking up new formations. Hmmph, maybe I will try and press out my special teams package I've cooked up.

Nightfyre
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
What an abomination.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh boy I can vision the look on Herm's face if Chan tried to run this. Heh what is this arena ball????

Consistent1
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I think it would make me pretty mad if I had a kid who had to play in that mess. If a player has a shot at playing offense at the college level, how do you judge them based on that crap?

rambleonthruthefog
07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
oh quit cryin' ya babies. sound like a bunch of old men talking about the forward pass, or the spread offense.

Nightfyre
07-24-2008, 09:46 PM
oh quit cryin' ya babies. sound like a bunch of old men talking about the forward pass, or the spread offense.

The spread offense is an abomination, and I'm 22.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Hey it helped a small school compete and make the playoffs. No harm in trying something new when you are going to have a hard time playing bigger schools. It even got him a chance to spread his idea to the college ranks. I'm all for innovation.

DaFace
07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh boy I can vision the look on Herm's face if Chan tried to run this. Heh what is this arena ball????

I'm pretty sure that's not NFL legal. Could be wrong, though.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not NFL legal. Could be wrong, though.

Variations of it are.

Humphries said he saw San Jose State run multiple A-11 plays last season against Stanford. Florida ran an offensive play recalling the A-11 against LSU. And Rutgers and the NFL's San Francisco 49ers ran punt plays containing aspects of Piedmont's offense.

PastorMikH
07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
We saw a similar offense in the first town we pastored. They had 3 backs, all who could get the snap and pass or run all over. Worked pretty good for several years until Ds figured it out. Then it worked pretty bad.

DaFace
07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Variations of it are.

Humphries said he saw San Jose State run multiple A-11 plays last season against Stanford. Florida ran an offensive play recalling the A-11 against LSU. And Rutgers and the NFL's San Francisco 49ers ran punt plays containing aspects of Piedmont's offense.

Hmm. I thought you were required to have five down linemen. :shrug:

LiL stumppy
07-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Ha, not filling it. Pretty creative. I would never go to a school that had that type of O, makes you harder to be recruited.

Sanka
07-24-2008, 10:21 PM

I dont think you need 5 down linemen, I think there is a rule about how many guys can actually have on the line of scrimmage though.

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I see a dead QB in the future.

chief52
07-24-2008, 10:49 PM

You must have 7 men on the line of scrimmage with only the outside 2 eligible receivers.

Demonpenz
07-24-2008, 10:50 PM
i always wondered why someone didn't atleast try to put 2 qb's back there especially in goal line where you want a roll option to run it in or pass. put two decent athletes back there that can roll to either direction

Fish
07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Seems that press coverage and a good pass rusher could make that more trouble than it's worth. With so few lineman, a mistake could be very costly..... nobody to protect against a TD in the case of an INT. Very few around the ball to recover a fumble.

beach tribe
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Seems that press coverage and a good pass rusher could make that more trouble than it's worth. With so few lineman, a mistake could be very costly..... nobody to protect against a TD in the case of an INT. Very few around the ball to recover a fumble.

It's a joke. Plain, and simple. It will never work.

KCrockaholic
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I would screen pass the hell out of this formation. perfect for a west coast type team. Infact ive already messed around and drawn up a few plays that look pretty good from this formation...

If i end up becoming the offensive coordinator at this high school i plan on coaching this year, i will definately bring this up to our head coach. i think its time for our high school to get creative anyways, there as SO many things you can do with this formation. right now we have 1 good QB on our team, and im hoping somebody else that has an arm will step up so we can properly run this 'package'.

Fish
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I would screen pass the hell out of this formation. perfect for a west coast type team. Infact ive already messed around and drawn up a few plays that look pretty good from this formation...

If i end up becoming the offensive coordinator at this high school i plan on coaching this year, i will definately bring this up to our head coach. i think its time for our high school to get creative anyways, there as SO many things you can do with this formation. right now we have 1 good QB on our team, and im hoping somebody else that has an arm will step up so we can properly run this 'package'.

What would you say to an exciting and exotic career in network marketing*?

*No experience required. Individual results may vary.

redskin
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Looking at the video, most of the time the formation wouldn't be legal. I only see 5 men on the line of scrimmage and you must have 7. There are also numbering restrictions at the high school, college and pro levels....meaning you must have at least 5 players on the line with numbers in the 50's-70's who are ineligible receivers and must be interior lineman.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Looking at the video, most of the time the formation wouldn't be legal. I only see 5 men on the line of scrimmage and you must have 7. There are also numbering restrictions at the high school, college and pro levels....meaning you must have at least 5 players on the line with numbers in the 50's-70's who are ineligible receivers and must be interior lineman.

if your refering to jersey numbers, it doesnt matter what your jersey number is in high school whether your on the line or not. IDK about college, but i know its not like that in high school....plus if it wasnt legal, then why didnt they get flagged? the ref's arent just going to ignore it, if the formation isnt legal.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
im sorry, let me make that more clear...In the state of Colorado, where i live, the jersey #'s in HS do not matter....im not sure about other state's.

Fish
07-25-2008, 12:31 AM
It worked on Youtube people...

Believe!

SithCeNtZ
07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
It's a joke. Plain, and simple. It will never work.

In the NFL it would never work, but I bet you could be pretty successful with it in high school and maybe lower levels of college football.

mcan
07-25-2008, 03:19 AM
If the defense is smart it can quickly elliminate at least 2 players from the play entirely. Since a man is not elligible to catch a pass if he is an INTERIOR lineman, meaning that there is someone else on the line, lined up outside of him. Then he is a blocker ONLY. The motions and shifts can change who is eligible, but a smart defense should be at an advantage out of the gate with this offense. Especially since you have scrawny "skill position" players blocking for you all the time.

Lzen
07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I still think you have to have at least 5 offensive linemen and their splits can't be too great. I don't know about HS (I imagine that varies from state to state), but I don't think this would be allowed in college or the pros.

Extra Point
07-25-2008, 08:41 AM
I five man front would kill this O. Period.

jidar
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I five man front would kill this O. Period.

no it wouldn't. The QB is in a shotgun and would have at least 1 receiver completely unaccounted for prior to the snap. QB takes note of who is open prior to the snap then hits the open man before the DEs have taken 3 steps.

Mr. Laz
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
no it wouldn't. The QB is in a shotgun and would have at least 1 receiver completely unaccounted for prior to the snap. QB takes note of who is open prior to the snap then hits the open man before the DEs have taken 3 steps.
not even....

quicker tweener type guys like Jevon Kearse can actually outrun the shotgun snap and would kill the QB as he released the ball.

sure he might complete passes the first few series ... but he would be dead before halftime.

redskin
07-25-2008, 01:55 PM
High school rules state:
7 players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap
5 of those 7 players on the line of scrimmage must be numbered 50-79 (ineligible receivers by number)

That's from the National Federation of State High School Associations rule book

Rausch
07-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Give the man his due.

He's tweaked the HS rule book and adopted something to help an underdog compete.

No, it won't hit the NFL other than the rare Gailey/Cowher trick play. It wouldn't work.

But it does for him...

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 02:05 PM
High school rules state:
7 players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap
5 of those 7 players on the line of scrimmage must be numbered 50-79 (ineligible receivers by number)

That's from the National Federation of State High School Associations rule book

i still want to know why they didnt get flagged, and why it was approved to use this offense if it wasnt legal. obviously theres something we either dont know, or dont understand about this...like i said, the refs arent just going to act blind, and pretend nobody's breaking any rules.

morphius
07-25-2008, 02:15 PM
not even....

quicker tweener type guys like Jevon Kearse can actually outrun the shotgun snap and would kill the QB as he released the ball.

sure he might complete passes the first few series ... but he would be dead before halftime.
That is where the roll out comes into play, you can have blockers to the side you are going to roll out to, and then sneak someone back to slobber-knock your speed DE. That, or chop block him with the second QB.

Rausch
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
That is where the roll out comes into play, you can have blockers to the side you are going to roll out to, and then sneak someone back to slobber-knock your speed DE. That, or chop block him with the second QB.

Physics still matters.

On top of that you have the leverage factor. The offense knows who will block and the defense not knowing what angle the block is coming from.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 02:37 PM

this is why i said, screen passes would be great with this formation, and there are very few "Jevon Kearse" type players in high school...less than %.005. you can line, 5 guys on the DL, but that leaves even more options for the QB to make a quick throw...it wouldnt be easy to defend if whoever the offensive coordinator is knows what he's doing. and knows how to out-smart the defense.

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
this is why i said, screen passes would be great with this formation, and there are very few "Jevon Kearse" type players in high school...less than %.005. you can line, 5 guys on the DL, but that leaves even more options for the QB to make a quick throw...it wouldnt be easy to defend if whoever the offensive coordinator is knows what he's doing. and knows how to out-smart the defense.

A 5 man front with corners playing inside zones with safeties just barely over the top would likely counter this offense imo.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
A 5 man front with corners playing inside zones with safeties just barely over the top would likely counter this offense imo.

it would probably go back and forth, its hard to say that only one side would win everytime...i guess i could see both ways if the defense lined up like this.

CoMoChief
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
This offense would fail tremendously in the NFL because DE's are so fast and quick these days.

A defense with 3 down linemen and 8 DB's would solve this.

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
it would probably go back and forth, its hard to say that only one side would win everytime...i guess i could see both ways if the defense lined up like this.

I dunno, the way I see it playing out is that you have a super intense rush on the QB, who has 3 seconds with a scramble to throw the ball. However, the WRs will have tremendous difficulty getting separated fast enough when a corner just steps in between the QB and them. Meanwhile, you have safeties and a LB just setting a very shallow cover 3 and playing the ball.

KCrockaholic
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
thats why, the right OC can work around this, to make his offense effective...there are a limitless list of options with this offense.