PDA

View Full Version : General Politics SNICKER: New CNN poll shows NObama losing 6 pt. lead since the Messiah tour

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 07:13 AM
CNN shows only a three point lead in their new poll. Polled 7/19-7/23. Loss of three points. Of course, seeing all of those Germans rallying before HIM could inspire many Americans to follow HIM as well. Perhaps they'll flock to HIM in time for the next round of polls.

Gallup shows race tighter as well. 45-43

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109060/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Maintains-Slim-Advantage-Over-McCain.aspx

Baby Lee
07-25-2008, 07:16 AM
[Dice Clay voice]Hey Germany. . . Sorry about all those times America disappointed you!!! Eeyowwww!!![/DCV]

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Any one of you want to post some stories about how great McCain is doing? You know, to to juxtapose how badly Obama is doing?

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Any one of you want to post some stories about how great McCain is doing? You know, to to juxtapose how badly Obama is doing?

If he ends up beating NObama it won't be because American wants him rather it's because they are voting against NOBama.

Won't that be a crushing defeat for the Messiah? To have led most of the time in the polls, have the money advantage, have the media advantage and still lose?

BigCatDaddy
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Kobe Effect

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:33 AM
If he ends up beating NObama it won't be because American wants him rather it's because they are voting against NOBama.

Won't that be a crushing defeat for the Messiah? To have led most of the time in the polls, have the money advantage, have the media advantage and still lose?

I don't think McCain can win.

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 07:40 AM

I do, in the end the choice will be personality vs. personable. I think they will pick the mere mortal person McCain over the other worldly Messiah of a personality known as BO.

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I do, in the end the choice will be personality vs. personable. I think they will pick the mere mortal person McCain over the other worldly Messiah of a personality known as BO.

And Bushes polices continue. But hey, you make your protest "non vote".

Duck Dog
07-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Wait until Osama Obama gets swiftboated over his total lack of political experience and his past racist remarks.

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
And Bushes polices continue. But hey, you make your protest "non vote".

If NObama can't win with the Hopiates he's amassed, the money advantage he has, and the orgasmic media then he would not have been a good leader in the first place. He could not convince enough of us to go ahead and drink. He could not close the deal with all of his advantages...

I won't feel guilty for my non-vote.

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:56 AM
If NObama can't win with the Hopiates he's amassed, the money advantage he has, and the orgasmic media then he would not have been a good leader in the first place. He could not convince enough of us to go ahead and drink. He could not close the deal with all of his advantages...

So you think Obama can and should, logically, win.

BigCatDaddy
07-25-2008, 08:00 AM

Can and should, but will is a different story.

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 08:03 AM

See Hillary Clinton.

See Tom Brady.

If someone can't close the deal then logic is not applicable.

beer bacon
07-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Today's Rasmussen poll shows Obama up 49-44. Clearly this means he is going to sail to victory in November!

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Today's Rasmussen poll shows Obama up 49-44. Clearly this means he is going to sail to victory in November!

Gallup shows 45-43. Spilt the difference and you have a 3.5 point lead which is within MOE. That is an incredible lack of bounce for HIM.

Too bad Germans can't vote in American elections. :D

markk
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
i expect we are going to hear a lot of polls in the media that say "europeans support obama 99% to 0, with 1 undecided" and such during this campaign. they made a big issue of his holding mass all over the world, obviously, and the troop surge and Iraq aren't helping them. world approval is going to be a key piece of their campaign.

but anyway, there was a time when Hillary was trouncing him and Rudy was going to be the nominee, so I don't put much stock in polls anymore. i think that things just move too fast these days to really believe in them until after the convention at least.

Radar Chief
07-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Then you’re kidding yourself. The fact that he can’t flat lambaste Gramps McAnmesty in any poll should be alarming to you.

markk
07-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Then you’re kidding yourself. The fact that he can’t flat lambaste Gramps McAnmesty in any poll should be alarming to you.

that is kind of how i see it. why isn't Our Lord and Messiah, Barack Hussein Obama the Most Merciful, destroying him by 20 points? No one is particularly hot on McCain, and OLMBHOMM has a virtual monopoly on media attention.

tiptap
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
It is important to remember that Obama said nothing about the present Administration on foreign soil. He said very, very little about McCain on foreign soil. And he did not speak to policy on foreign soil. He honored the tradition of not taking the campaign actively to foreign soils. He did speak in generalities, was diligent in meeting people he would be working with if elected and as such seeks to come to terms with a wider opinion.

The present administration has had a "go it alone" approach because they can't talk to anyone in a discussion. They have a top down notion of governing. And when your idiots about the situation and refuse to listen to broad range of ideas then you get what we have now.

Extra Point
07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Give Obama enough rope......

penchief
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM

I disagree with the media thing. I think that Obama is being downplayed by the media. Compared to McCain, Obama is showing himself to be far superior but the media keeps dwelling on "what's wrong with Obama" instead of how McCain has been pissing all over himself.

Any little misstep by Obama, no matter how small, is spoke about as if it were some clue to something deeper and more troubling while McCain can make asshole comments like accusing Obama of wanting to lose the war and nothing really comes of it.

I don't know why you are so bitter but you sure are coming accross as irrational when all you do is make snide personal attacks against Obama.

penchief
07-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Give Obama enough rope......

Why? McCain has hanged himself ten times over and he keeps gaining in the media's polls.

***SPRAYER
07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I disagree with the media thing. I think that Obama is being downplayed by the media. Compared to McCain, Obama is showing himself to be far superior but the media keeps dwelling on "what's wrong with Obama" instead of how McCain has been pissing all over himself.

Any little misstep by Obama, no matter how small, is spoke about as if it were some clue to something deeper and more troubling while McCain can make asshole comments like accusing Obama of wanting to lose the war and nothing really comes of it.

I don't know why you are so bitter but you sure are coming accross as irrational when all you do is make snide personal attacks against Obama.

ROFL

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Funny, because I'm only seeming irrational and nonsensical to Obots and leaners. The REP I get these days is overwhelming positive from non-supporters and undecideds and CONS.

I'm making sense to some people and seem completely crazy to others...

so I guess I haven't changed. Rather, the perception of me by others has. :hmmm:

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Why? McCain has hanged himself ten times over and he keeps gaining in the media's polls.

And herein lies a big pitfall for the Messiah. Because one or two big gaffes and he's finished while McCain can stumble and screw up and piss all over himself and be fine.

Terrible double standard but when you are preaching change and selling yourself as superior then you best better be. NObama set the standard for HIMself now he must live by it.

markk
07-25-2008, 09:06 AM

I love you. Don't ever change.

Baby Lee
07-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Funny, because I'm only seeming irrational and nonsensical to Obots and leaners. The REP I get these days is overwhelming positive from non-supporters and undecideds and CONS.

I'm making sense to some people and seem completely crazy to others...

so I guess I haven't changed. Rather, the perception of me by others has. :hmmm:
Weighing in, lest my lack of commentary belie my abiding conviction that you're now and forever batshit crazy. ;)

Radar Chief
07-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Weighing in, lest my lack of commentary belie my abiding conviction that you're now and forever batshit crazy. ;)

:LOL: X2.

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 09:24 AM

Ah, like minds. TOTKO. :p

bkkcoh
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM

I would have thought that if the press was truly showing some of his weaknesses, they would point out the fact more that he is the junior senator from Illinois in his first term. I would doubt that that wouldn't have been a point the press dwelled on if it was a republican senator.

I haven't really seen that take place. It seems as if most of the comments pertaining to that are in comments after the article and on this board.

Obama has plent of issues to attack, they don't have to be snide personal attacks. o:-):hmmm:

penchief
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I would have thought that if the press was truly showing some of his weaknesses, they would point out the fact more that he is the junior senator from Illinois in his first term. I would doubt that that wouldn't have been a point the press dwelled on if it was a republican senator.

How is being a junior senator, in itself, a weakness? He can be a junior senator and still be the superior candidate. Which is exactly what has been happening. But you wouldn't know that by the way the press is covering both candidates.

I haven't really seen that take place. It seems as if most of the comments pertaining to that are in comments after the article and on this board.

I think one good example is the way that both candidates have discussed "the surge." Obama is answering attacks by McCain and questions by the media about the "success" of the surge. IMO, his answer is technically sound while discerning the different aspects that have contributed to the decrease in violence. Rather than delve into his answer, the media chooses to ignore it in favor of continuing to insist that he has a "problem" with the "success" of the surge when he as acknowledged repeatedly that more troops have contributed to better security.

On the other hand, McCain has tried to attribute successes to "the surge" in ways that are blatantly inaccurate. And he has stumbled all over himself for two days trying to cover his ass only to be given a free pass by the media even though his explanations have been somewhat comical and clearly embarrassing. And when McCain openly accuses Obama of wanting to lose the war, the media just lets him get away with it without a peep.

I think it's pretty obvious.

Obama has plent of issues to attack, they don't have to be snide personal attacks. o:-):hmmm:

Yet most of the attacks are shrouded in sarcasms such "Obamessiah," etc. Why do people waste their time with that when they can be attacking him on substance?

bkkcoh
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
How is being a junior senator, in itself, a weakness? He can be a junior senator and still be the superior candidate. Which is exactly what has been happening. But you wouldn't know that by the way the press is covering both candidates.

It would be an issue if coupled with more then what he was doing previous to being the junior senator. I would say the coverage has been more positive and slobbering for Obama then McCain. But we are evidently of opposite sides of this topic and will have to agree to disagree.

I think one good example is the way that both candidates have discussed "the surge." Obama is answering attacks by McCain and questions by the media about the "success" of the surge. IMO, his answer is technically sound while discerning the different aspects that have contributed to the decrease in violence. Rather than delve into his answer, the media chooses to ignore it in favor of continuing to insist that he has a "problem" with the "success" of the surge when he as acknowledged repeatedly that more troops have contributed to better security.

I have only heard one person 'hound' him about the 'surge' and I was quite surprised about who the person was who did it.

On the other hand, McCain has tried to attribute successes to "the surge" in ways that are blatantly inaccurate. And he has stumbled all over himself for two days trying to cover his ass only to be given a free pass by the media even though his explanations have been somewhat comical and clearly embarrassing. And when McCain openly accuses Obama of wanting to lose the war, the media just lets him get away with it without a peep.

I think it's pretty obvious.

I would somewhat agree with this, however, getting the timeframe incorrect is one thing, but not admitting that the 'surge' appeared to be successful is a different thing when most say it was.

Yet most of the attacks are shrouded in sarcasms such "Obamessiah," etc. Why do people waste their time with that when they can be attacking him on substance?

And that hasn't ever happened to any other politician? That is a bad thing in this day and time where the people in the debate resort to name calling.

beer bacon
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Gallup shows 45-43. Spilt the difference and you have a 3.5 point lead which is within MOE. That is an incredible lack of bounce for HIM.

Too bad Germans can't vote in American elections. :D

Today's Gallup shows Obama up 47%-41%. Clearly these daily tracking polls in the middle of July mean that Obama is going to win the November election in landslide!

bkkcoh
07-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Today's Gallup shows Obama up 47%-41%. Clearly these daily tracking polls in the middle of July mean that Obama is going to win the November election in landslide!

Because it will only get worse for McCain.

:D

memyselfI
07-25-2008, 11:27 AM

I wonder how much NObama spent for a 1-2% 'bump'??? ROFL

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I wonder how much NObama spent for a 1-2% 'bump'??? ROFLNothing that he can't cover, what with the whole "ridiculous fundraising lead over his opponent" thing.

But yes, polls that included data gathered before his "I can go overseas, too," tour started clearly showed that he was doooooomed.

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
SNICKER: MEDIA POLL SHOWS DRASTIC CHANGE (hence creating something to write about)

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
And you all are bashing the concept of misplaced hope?

SBK
07-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Penchief is the man!

NCarlsCorner2
07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
The more Obama speaks the more he drops in the polls, interesting.

penchief
07-25-2008, 07:07 PM

The more McCain babbles and pisses all over himself the more he rises in the polls. It doesn't make sense, does it?

beer bacon
07-25-2008, 07:10 PM

FYI, in the all-important July Gallup daily tracking poll, Obama went two points ahead to six points ahead the day after he spoke to 200,000 people in Germany.

beer bacon
07-25-2008, 07:14 PM

FYI, since the Gallup daily tracking poll is a three day average, a four point incease over the course of one day means that Obama was leading by 10+ points among those polled Thursday, the day of Obama's speech in Berlin.

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:23 PM

No, I'm not alarmed at how closely they are polling. The idea being promoted that Obama should be 15 or 20 points ahead, and the fact he is not is telling, is not compelling. There isn't a politician in the world, unless Bush were running for a third term, or Cheney for a first, would be noticeable behind in the race. No one runs away with anything politically anymore. The country is too equally divided. I think, come November the election will be the closest thing to a landslide as we come to these days.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Then you’re kidding yourself. The fact that he can’t flat lambaste Gramps McAnmesty in any poll should be alarming to you."Why can't he put Hillary away? He's dooomed!"

Guru
07-25-2008, 07:32 PM
No, I'm not alarmed at how closely they are polling. The idea being promoted that Obama should be 15 or 20 points ahead, and the fact he is not is telling, is not compelling. There isn't a politician in the world, unless Bush were running for a third term, or Cheney for a first, would be noticeable behind in the race. No one runs away with anything politically anymore. The country is too equally divided. I think, come November the election will be the closest thing to a landslide as we come to these days.
I seriously doubt there will be a landslide either way.

Messier
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I seriously doubt there will be a landslide either way.

Hence the, closest thing to it, remark.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I seriously doubt there will be a landslide either way.McCain's campaign still has no clear direction. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to say it'll be a landslide, but it's mind-boggling how inept and scatterbrained his staff seems to be.

Guru
07-25-2008, 07:40 PM
McCain's campaign still has no clear direction. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to say it'll be a landslide, but it's mind-boggling how inept and scatterbrained his staff seems to be.

Not that I think the polls at this point are worth a hill of beans but, with that being the case, your comment would indicate that Obama should be destroying McCain in the polls. yet he isn't.

Not trying to be argumentative, just making an observation is all.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Not that I think the polls at this point are worth a hill of beans but, with that being the case, your comment would indicate that Obama should be destroying McCain in the polls. yet he isn't.

Not trying to be argumentative, just making an observation is all.Polls are usually quite compressed this far out, and as you've said, they're not a reliable measure at this point, anyways. Things start to pick up steam once the conventions hit; June and July are silly season.

And I wouldn't expect a landslide, but I just fail to see where McCain is going to pick up any sort of momentum outside of footage of Obama burning an American flag and pissing on a 15 year old.

Guru
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Polls are usually quite compressed this far out, and as you've said, they're not a reliable measure at this point, anyways. Things start to pick up steam once the conventions hit; June and July are silly season.

And I wouldn't expect a landslide, but I just fail to see where McCain is going to pick up any sort of momentum outside of footage of Obama burning an American flag and pissing on a 15 year old.

I don't disagree at all. This is really Obama's election to lose.

whoman69
07-26-2008, 10:47 PM
He's leading by 10 in Ohio! I already posted that!

That poll is way out of whack with other polls in the state.

recxjake
07-26-2008, 11:02 PM
That poll is way out of whack with other polls in the state.

The only other poll done in Ohio in July was done by a Deomcrat Pollster...

beer bacon
07-26-2008, 11:47 PM
The recent Rasmussen poll that gave McCain a 10 point lead was odd. According to the poll, McCain has a 11% lead among the under 30 vote and a 20 point lead among those ages 30-39.

Taco John
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Obama has lost his burst. He's finished. Finito. End of the line.

oldandslow
07-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Just for you Denise...

Obama up 9 after world tour...

Gallup

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109102/Gallup-Daily-Obama-49-McCain-40.aspx

Bowser
07-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Obama has lost his burst. He's finished. Finito. End of the line.

Well played, sir.

Amnorix
07-28-2008, 07:50 AM

You are really proving this whole "woman scorned" thing to the n'th degree. Your bitterness is shining through spectularly in fact.

I'll repeat for the record that I wasn't particularly supportive of either Democratic candidate. Neither excited me enough to get me lined up behind them, and both had their share of drawbacks.

Messier
07-28-2008, 07:55 AM
You are really proving this whole "woman scorned" thing to the n'th degree. Your bitterness is shining through spectularly in fact.

I'll repeat for the record that I wasn't particularly supportive of either Democratic candidate. Neither excited me enough to get me lined up behind them, and both had their share of drawbacks.

I really think she is like the kid on the playground that wants to quit any game that gets too popular. I had a Friend that loved the Simpsons when it first came out, he bought tee shirts and everything, but as soon as it became a very popular show, and everyone was watching it, he said I'll never watch that show again.

BigChiefFan
07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
BO knows politics.

Oh wait, I thought this was a Nike commercial.

Taco John
07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder what Obama can possibly do to dig out of this hole... The entire thing is closing in on him now. It must be claustraphobic knowing that the McCain Machine has got him right where they want him.

Any thoughts, Dense, on what Obama can do to regain everything he lost by going on that silly world tour?

BigChiefFan
07-28-2008, 09:51 AM
How dare a man working towards becoming the president of the United States meet with world leaders. Of all the nerve.

Alton deFlat
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Yea, I know.. the only numbers that matter, are the ones on the evening of November 4th...... or in 2000 a few days later.

CNN) — Buoyed by a new Gallup daily tracking poll showing Barack Obama ahead by a 9-point margin, the latest CNN poll of polls suggests the Illinois senator has doubled his lead over John McCain.

Obama now holds a 6-point lead in CNN's average of national polls, 45 percent to 39 percent, up from the 3-point margin over McCain the Democratic presidential candidate held at the end of last week. The increase is due to the wider spread Gallup is reporting — a poll that was conducted toward the end of Obama's highly covered trip abroad. The results suggest Obama's trip — which was extensively covered by the national and international media — may have given the Illinois senator a sizeable bump in the polls. By comparison, the Gallup daily tracking poll showed Obama only up by 3 points at the end of last week.

“There are early indications that Obama has received a boost from his trip to Europe and the Middle East,” said CNN Senior Political Researcher Alan Silverleib. “The key question, however, is whether or not Obama has eroded McCain’s advantage on the issues of national security and foreign policy. If McCain loses that edge, his road to victory in November will become much tougher.”

The latest Gallup poll also differs markedly from a Fox News poll released at the end of last week that showed the two presidential hopefuls only separated by 1 point — a sign of just how volatile national surveys are in the summer months with the majority of the American public yet to be focused on the race for the White House.

In addition to the Gallup poll and the Fox News poll, the CNN poll of polls also included a recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll showing Obama with a 6-point advantage.

banyon
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM

Nope.

dirk digler
11-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Snicker...Denise doesn't know shit about politics

Taco John
11-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Apparently she thinks that she's a Lew Rockwell libertarian now.

I don't know how *that* happened.

banyon
11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Apparently she thinks that she's a Lew Rockwell libertarian now.

I don't know how *that* happened.

Hopefully you guys won't win anything anytime soon, or she may turn into a Goebbels totalitarian to avoid winning.

jAZ
11-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Too many cartoonish posts to find and bump. But it's good to see them when others root them out of the archives.

Coach
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
SNICKER: New CNN poll shows memyselfI losing 6 pts. of IQ since the failed attempt of a thread.

RJ
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Hopefully you guys won't win anything anytime soon, or she may turn into a Goebbels totalitarian to avoid winning.

That was pretty damn funny.

Fat Elvis
11-06-2008, 07:26 AM
SNICKER: New CNN poll shows memyselfI losing 6 pts. of IQ since the failed attempt of a thread.

I didn't realize that she had that many to lose....

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 08:01 AM
"Why can't he put Hillary away? He's dooomed!"Barack Obama is only up 7 points in the popular vote! Why can't he put John McCain away with a 200-point electoral victory?