07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
carl isn't unsinged

wutamess
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/adminzh7rd8.gif

Stop posting bullshit!!!

ROYC75
07-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Me thinks all 1st rounders should go unsigned until all 2nd rounders are signed. All of these damn agents are so damn greedy, they want max $$$. Wait till this one signs, we can get close to that........

Let the damn agents run the draft, control the signing, sign from the last player taken to the front...... Then when players are not in camps, on teams, no money, these greedy basturds can leave the sport.

NO this is not my take, just a rant ........

blueballs
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
The Saints still had not worked out contract agreements with their top two draft picks as of Thursday night, and they seem especially deadlocked in talks with first-round pick Sedrick Ellis. A deal with Tracy Porter, the Saints' second round pick, should be coming in the very near future.

But the negotiations with Ellis, who was drafted seventh overall in April, are stuck in a league-wide stalemate between teams and agents. The top four picks from the draft have all agreed to deals, but after that, only one of the next nine picks has worked out a contract -- Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo, who was selected 10th overall.

The problem, according to several sources, seems to stem from the deal that tailback Darren McFadden, the No. 4 pick, worked out with the Oakland Raiders. Apparently, McFadden's deal included a significant dropoff in guaranteed money from the top three selections, and agents for the next few picks don't want that dropoff to continue. Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis was outspoken in his criticism of the agents earlier this week, saying he believes they aren't keeping the players' best interests in mind. -- New Orleans Times-Picayune

smittysbar
07-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Not a Carl fan, but how is it his fault that Dorsey's agent wants guys behind him signed before he will talk?

blueballs
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Herm Buries 4-12
Jul 25, 2008, 6:11:48 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

RIVER FALLS, WI Ė He did everything but dig a hole.

In the first team meeting of the 2008 season, Herm Edwards took his team back to last yearís miserable debacle. His intent was not to make his returning players feel bad, or to throw a grenade into the hopes and dreams of his many new faces.

As Camp Herm began, the headmaster wanted the players, coaches, scouts and other personnel sitting in the University Center theater to know why last yearís 4-12 record happened. More importantly, he told them he would not allow there to be a replay in the coming months.

ďWhat happened to this football team was we showed up and thatís all we did,Ē Edwards said. ďWe played hard. We didnít quit. But all we did was show up. Thatís not enough. I allowed that to happen. Thatís my fault. I can assure you it wonít happen again. I promise you that.

ďYou may not like me some times during the coming days and thatís OK. But Iím not going to allow what happened to us last year to happen again. No way. We have to do more than show up. We canít just try hard. There has to be more.

ďThis was not a bad team last year. There was talent. What we didnít have was the mental toughness. Thatís what wins games in pro football. Mental toughness, the ability to finish the job you start when itís late in the game. We didnít do that.Ē

Edwards then spent the next 15 minutes showing his players how the Ď07 Chiefs were not mentally tough. There were too many penalties, too many turnovers, too many times when the defense allowed the opponent a big play.

But the most telling numbers came when the head coach put last yearís game results on an overhead projector, broken down by score at half-time and then final score. He then methodically marched through each game. The numbers were damning.

In 16 games last year, the Chiefs either led, were tied, or trailed by 10 points or less 14 times. In the other two games they trailed by 13 points and 17 points. They split those games. If they had split the other 14 games with stronger second half efforts, they would have been 8-8.

chart in link
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/07/25/herm_buries_412/

But it wasnít something the 2007 Chiefs were capable of doing. They went 3-11 in those 14 games.

ďWere we a bad football team last year?Ē Edwards asked the room. ďNo. Were we bad players? No. Were we bad coaches? No. We just couldnít finish. We werenít tough enough to finish. Donít think all that makes you a bad football team. It means we couldnít finish.

ďWe start changing that now, right here, in training camp. Itís not something you suddenly pull out in the fourth quarter of a game in November. It means taking personal responsibility right now, with every practice and every meeting. Itís not about physical talent in this league, itís about whatís up here (he pointed to his head.) Itís about knowing the situation, knowing that itís time to make a play to win the game and knowing how to make that play happen.

ďYou canít just show up. You have to do more. We will do more, because I can tell you this, Iím not putting up with a season like last year again. Iím all out of Ďtried hardí speeches. I donít want to do any more of those.Ē

Read more about the Chiefs first meeting of training camp on Bobís new website bobgretz.com.

103 votes