PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ready for some football

luv
07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay. I'm starting to get that football bug. Just some things I'm wondering.

Where do you feel our offense (o-line or otherwise) will be improved this year?
How are we at Corner?
Do you think our D will feel the loss of Allen?

Basically, what do you think we can expect?

Demonpenz
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
O line will be average. Flowers will be burned early and often, and watch for flags on him too. He won't get away with as much stuff as he did in VT. Look for the chiefs to keep in an extra blocker to make sure Croyle has time. We need to give him some time to see what he really looks like.

beach tribe
07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Hell Yeah. I've got the itch bad.

markk
07-25-2008, 03:54 PM
5-11

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I expect another great draft which will feature a first round elite MLB and some continued and dare I say expanded emphasis on the lines.

BigVE
07-25-2008, 04:01 PM
4-12 and no wins against AFCW opponents. Top 8 pick in next years draft.

raybec 4
07-25-2008, 04:01 PM
5-11

You are more of an optimist than I am.

foxman
07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I predict our offense will be offensive. I suspect we set the mark for fewest points scored this season.

markk
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
You are more of an optimist than I am.

that was pretty optimistic. if you saw the last 8 or 9 games, i maintain that the chiefs were lucky to win a single game all season.

if the 07 chiefs had to play the 4 teams they beat again after week 17 last year, they wouldn't have been able to repeat any of those wins. i think 0-16 might have been more of a possibility than we realize

Adept Havelock
07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm guessing we might win 25% of our games, putting us around 4-12. I expect most of those will come late in the season, as the O and D lines gel.

I expect occasional flashes of brilliance from Flowers and the secondary, coupled with plays that make me look for my foam rubber "throw at the tv" brick.

I expect Tamba will be adequate at JA's spot, which will show a huge-fall off in pass rush unless Dorsey really blossoms early and begins commanding double teams consistently.

CrazyPhuD
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
19-0

|Zach|
07-25-2008, 04:15 PM
that was pretty optimistic. if you saw the last 8 or 9 games, i maintain that the chiefs were lucky to win a single game all season.

if the 07 chiefs had to play the 4 teams they beat again after week 17 last year, they wouldn't have been able to repeat any of those wins. i think 0-16 might have been more of a possibility than we realize

Wow, dramatic.

And probably false.

The Chiefs beat the Chargers by 2 touchdowns. And if we are going to start the "if we played it again game" you have to do it all around. KC lost some very very close games that they could easily win using your logic.

Colts by 3
Raiders by 3
Lions by 5
Jets by 3

Then you have 4 more losses by 10 points or less. Not even two touchdowns.

Your analysis seems silly.

FAX
07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Look for more Gatorade on the sidelines. Young guys go through a lot of Gatorade. Also, look for a few trick plays on defense. They may not be planned, though. Look for timeouts at really confusing times. Look for wide open enemy receivers. Look for a whole lot of flags. Look for a kicker. And, look for the mysterious and inscrutable Chan to try and introduce something called "Rushing" into our offense.

FAX

markk
07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow, dramatic.

And probably false.

The Chiefs beat the Chargers by 2 touchdowns. And if we are going to start the "if we played it again game" you have to do it all around. KC lost some very very close games that they could easily win using your logic.

Colts by 3
Raiders by 3
Lions by 5
Jets by 3

San Diego won 11 games and the division and made the playoffs. I think it's likely they would have probably brushed aside a 4-12 team on the longest losing streak the franchise has ever seen.

Minnesota won 6 of the last 8 last year. Fairly hot versus ice cold.

Maybe you say we still beat the Bungles and Raiders. I would agree.

Those teams we lost close games to were all still better than the Chiefs, with the exception of Oakland. You can't just put any of those in the win column.

And 10 points is a wide margin when your offense only averages 14 points per game (second to last).

Bearcat
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow, dramatic.

And probably false.

Colts by 3
Raiders by 3
Lions by 5
Jets by 3

That was more the Chargers falling apart... eh. It's impossible to have a strong feeling one way or the other because of what you just said... we were in several games, and with Herm's 50/50 philosophy, we'll lose several this year by a possession or two. I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins.... the average score last year was 21-14, so I think we're in for more exciting 9-6 halftime scores before flipping over the napkin.

JuicesFlowing
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
If predictions were correct, why play the season? I'm excited to watch this team. At least they are a young team, an ascending team. I have no idea how many games they will win, but I'll watch every single game regardless. I just hope Arrowhead can stay full. I love how people leave at halftime. That's pretty lame.

|Zach|
07-25-2008, 04:41 PM
That was more the Chargers falling apart... eh. It's impossible to have a strong feeling one way or the other because of what you just said... we were in several games, and with Herm's 50/50 philosophy, we'll lose several this year by a possession or two. I'm thinking 5 or 6 wins.... the average score last year was 21-14, so I think we're in for more exciting 9-6 halftime scores before flipping over the napkin.

Ya know, I just always throw my hands up when stuff like that gets thread.

You get all the blame when you lose and none of the credit if you win.

Boon
07-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Colquitt should have another great year. Go Dustin.

JuicesFlowing
07-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Colquitt should have another great year. Go Dustin.

At least we have the best punter in the league.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Im ready for this new era of Chiefs football to get underway

Valiant
07-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Okay. I'm starting to get that football bug. Just some things I'm wondering.

Where do you feel our offense (o-line or otherwise) will be improved this year?
How are we at Corner?
Do you think our D will feel the loss of Allen?

Basically, what do you think we can expect?

Our line will be a little bit better, more so if they stick with the same five..

Corner hopefully will be a lot better with a more steady DT and Dline push.. IMO a lot of our problems last year at CB was because the QB had all day to pass.. Certain people just disappeared in the second half..

The D will fill it some early on, but as they gel they should outpace the total sacks from last year.. Allen while great did disappear late in games.. He also got fooled quite a bit in the run game, but made a few plays there also..

Honestly what I want from this team is all of our young players to get immensly better but still on win 4-5 games.. I know I know.. I want one more year of high draft picks to hopefully land us another talent (ala smith, thomas in 88 and 89) and hopefully this forces Herm and Carl out..

The problem is who to replace them with and who would come to this franchise if the Clarks do not fork out the money for good/great coaches?? All I know is, I am done with Herm ball and his bonehead decisions and Carl's 19 years..

Deberg_1990
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Ill go ahead and guess 4-12 or 3-13. I think they do have some upgraded talent now, but alot of them are very young and are going to make a ton of mistakes.

They key for me is how well the team is playing in December as opposed to September.

The D should be ok, but i want to see if Gun will be able to improve the run defense and 3rd down defense. I do beleive the pass rush will suffer with the loss of Allen, but you cant expect to rebuild everything in one year.

The Offense will be completely dependant on Croyles development. I think a good season out of him would be something like this:

2500-2700 yards passing
15 TD's
10-15 INT's

Boon
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
All I know is, I am done with Herm ball and his bonehead decisions and Carl's 19 years..

Amen.

Bearcat
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM

That game was an anomaly for the Chiefs and rock bottom for the Chargers. The Chargers were 1-4 after that game, before figuring out LT is pretty good. The Chiefs scored 24 points in the second half of that game, and scored 24 points in a game one other time all season. After that game, the Chargers only gave up 24 points in a game twice, both on the road versus the top two rushing teams in the league. If that's not enough, two 50+ yard plays, including a fumble recovery, won the game.

I'm not saying the Chiefs don't deserve any credit, but the Chargers deserve some, too. I remember the hype after that game... we were 2-2, people were demanding that we be placed above the Chargers in the Power Rankings, and we were on our way to the playoffs. Zero credit is a little ridiculous, but 100% is, too. ;)

markk
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
i don't mean they were the worst team ever, but they could have lost any or all of them and they got worse as the year went on.

there is kind of a parity effect there, that it's really hard to lose more than 12 just like it's really hard to win more than 12.

a new offensive coordinator and a new starter or two on the line will help surely. the offense couldn't really move the ball less so they have to be better. the defense, i dont know, dorsey will help but they could take a step back without allen, in the short term. 4 to 6 wins is extremely likely i think, that is why i guessed 5.

Skip Towne
07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I hope they play well enough to stay on TV. They didn't show their last 6 games down here last year.

Guru
07-25-2008, 06:45 PM
start the season 2-3

finish the season 3-13

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
If predictions were correct, why play the season? I'm excited to watch this team. At least they are a young team, an ascending team. I have no idea how many games they will win, but I'll watch every single game regardless. I just hope Arrowhead can stay full. I love how people leave at halftime. That's pretty lame.

**** you guys, I like this noob.

luv
07-25-2008, 08:25 PM

I agree with predictions. I make one just to see how close I get, but, too, love to watch the games, regardless of winning or losing. And going to Arrowhead is the most fun thing to do. The experience of caravaning (sp?) up the morning of, talking with people waiting at the gate, tailgating, singing the National Anthem, etc.

RustShack
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
start the season 2-3

finish the season 3-13

We play 21 games this year? My heart says 10-6, but my brain says 6-10.

Otter
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM

That explains the avatar.

bsp4444
07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
If we have a kicker with half an ounce of ability, we win two of last year's games. The offensive coordinator I think gives us a victory in another two. Poof...I've just made us a 500 ball club.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Chiefs will go 6-10 this year.

Oakland, Atlanta, Denver, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Miami

rad
07-25-2008, 09:47 PM
At least we have the best punter in the league.

You do something long enough, and enough times, you'll be awesome at it, even if you suck.

recxjake
07-25-2008, 09:57 PM
9-7... wildcard birth

Skip Towne
07-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Two wins. We're loosers.

Smed1065
07-25-2008, 10:41 PM
9-7... wildcard birth

Know you know the rest of the story.............

KcMizzou
07-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Two wins. We're loosers.Looser than most...

This season isn't about the record.

Watch the individuals... Watch them develope, and improve... worry about the W's and L's next season.

That said... I'd be tickled shitless if we were actually good. Don't get me wrong.

Guru
07-25-2008, 11:05 PM
We play 21 games this year? My heart says 10-6, but my brain says 6-10.

Alright damnit!!! :) You knew what I meant.

Oh, and your heart and brain are both wrong. :D

Guru
07-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Two wins. We're loosers.

Wow!!! Somebody with lower expectations than me.:clap:

Der Flöprer
07-26-2008, 12:53 AM
O line will be average. Flowers will be burned early and often, and watch for flags on him too. He won't get away with as much stuff as he did in VT. Look for the chiefs to keep in an extra blocker to make sure Croyle has time. We need to give him some time to see what he really looks like.

That's the most serious post I have EVER seen you make. Nice take too.

luv
07-26-2008, 12:55 AM
That's the most serious post I have EVER seen you make. Nice take too.

Even the ingeniously insane don't act crazy 100% of the time.