PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Can a fantasy football league do this?

SBK
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I am the commish for a fantasy football league at my church. I think right now we're going to have 28-32 guys that want to take part.

What I'd like to do is have 2 divisions that are each almost like individual leagues. Then at the end of the year the winner of each division meets for the championship.

So lets say I had 2 leagues of 14 teams, instead of 1 league at 28. Is there a fantasy football service, free if possible, that would allow for this kind of league? I used ESPN last year and it doesn't seem to offer that.

Pestilence
07-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Have you checked with NFL.com or Yahoo?

I personally use www.rtsports.com but I don't know if they allow that.

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
it's fantasy - do what you want

Herzig
07-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Fleaflicker.com is free and has live scoring too.

It's free and you can have up to 24 teams in a league. However, I doubt any league will let you play a team that is not in your league. All kinds of problems would creep into play with that too(teams having some of the same players,etc.) I guess you could just do the champ game by point total or something along those lines

Fleaflicker is now associated with AOL fantasy this year instead of Fanball

Pestilence
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Fleaflicker.com is free and has live scoring too.

It's free and you can have up to 24 teams in a league. However, I doubt any league will let you play a team that is not in your league. All kinds of problems would creep into play with that too(teams having some of the same players,etc.) I guess you could just do the champ game by point total or something along those lines

Fleaflicker is now associated with AOL fantasy this year instead of Fanball

Yeah I would just set up an extra game as your championship with each league champion playing some scrub team....just so you can get the point totals.

Valiant
07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I am the commish for a fantasy football league at my church. I think right now we're going to have 28-32 guys that want to take part.

What I'd like to do is have 2 divisions that are each almost like individual leagues. Then at the end of the year the winner of each division meets for the championship.

So lets say I had 2 leagues of 14 teams, instead of 1 league at 28. Is there a fantasy football service, free if possible, that would allow for this kind of league? I used ESPN last year and it doesn't seem to offer that.

Not that I am aware of..

What I would do is start two leagues in yahoo or fleaflicker.. Have them go the 14 weeks including the playoffs finales and then manually score the head to head between the two leagues...

Guru
07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Fleaflicker supports up to 3 divisions but you can't do conferences at all as yet. Many have requested it but it hasn't come to fruition.

You can tweak the first round of the playoffs to manually put every team where you need them though.