PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So who else got "SECOND" calls from Chiefs front office..........

Kerberos
07-25-2008, 05:17 PM
..................Trying to get you to buy back your season tickets you didn't buy this year?

Q: Mr. Ryan how are you today?

A: Depends on what you are calling me about?

Q: Well I see you were a season ticket holder for many years and you decided to not renew can I ask why?

A: Just like the last guy they had call me I will tell you the same thing....CARL PETERSON (she stops to write down my answer)

Q: Well what is the organization not doing to keep you from renewing your season tickets?

A: They keep giving CARL PETERSON extensions instead of a push out the door.

Q: Well what can the organization do to get you to renew your season tickets?

A: (In a really demeaning tone) I guess if they FIRED CARL PETERSON we wouldn't be having this conversation cause I WOULDN'T HAVE DROPPED THE TICKET.

Q: Would you be interested in buying a half season or single games?

A: Did they just fire CARL PETERSON as we are speaking?

(Her reply : NO sir)

Well then I won't be buying anymore season tickets or single game tickets till CARL PETERSON is gone.

Q: How many games do you plan on attending this year?

A: (really sarcastic tone) uhhhh....... NONE!

Click I hung up.

Jesus they must be desperate to sell tickets if they are calling me AGAIN about my 1 seat.

:shake: This organization is going downhill fast IMHO.

Dicky McElephant
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Or you could not be a dick to a lady who's just doing her job.

Kerberos
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM

Jesus Christ how many times do I have to say the same gawd damn thing before it sinks in?

Dicky McElephant
07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Jesus Christ how many times do I have to say the same gawd damn thing before it sinks in?

You do realize that these people have a script they have to read from right? It's not like she wants to ask the same ****ing question over and over again.

It's the same rule in telemarketing. The customer has to say "no" at least 2 times before you can hang up the call.

You don't have to like what she's doing but you can at least be polite or just hang up in the beginning.

Kerberos
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
You do realize that these people have a script they have to read from right? It's not like she wants to ask the same ****ing question over and over again.

It's the same rule in telemarketing. The customer has to say "no" at least 2 times before you can hang up the call.

You don't have to like what she's doing but you can at least be polite or just hang up in the beginning.

I don't see it that way

If they would have kept GOOD records from my first conversation I would have been flagged as a "Hostile" ex-season ticket owner and it would have never happend a second time.

They want to waste my phone minutes with this crap they are gonna get some crap in return.

IMO they did it to themselves.

Farzin
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
..................Trying to get you to buy back your season tickets you didn't buy this year?

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL
I support the fact you kept bringing up the whole Carl thing. Even though the lady is just doing her job, you voiced your opinion as best as possible to someone who sorda has contacts with Carl. Not that she will say anything to him, but hey, I still think you did a good job haha.

You can still find tickets on ticketmaster.com. It's rare to see that in previous years.

Valiant
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM

Then don't do the job.. They signed up for it.. **** no, you get the point across.. Being polite does not get the feeling across that most people want Carl gone..

Fish
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM

As hard as it is to get the message to this stubborn franchise, this is the only way some fans can relay what they have to say. We can only hope that being overly clear to those working in the organization will make it back to those at the top who may be unaware how frustrated fans are with Carl.

That poor lady works for the organization. And even though she has nothing to do with Carl, she has the connection to relay that message. Part of the job.

|Zach|
07-25-2008, 05:27 PM

:hmmm:

Dicky McElephant
07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Then don't do the job.. They signed up for it.. **** no, you get the point across.. Being polite does not get the feeling across that most people want Carl gone..

Because you honestly think that this lady is going to go back to her boss and say...

"Hey...another person just complained about Carl Peterson."

And that's going to make it all the way to the top and he's going to get shit canned? Keep ****ing dreaming....

Fruit Ninja
07-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Good job to the OP. She should have known what the answers to the next questions will be. WHen they call you for a 2nd time, all bets are off. Go for what you know.

|Zach|
07-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Good job to the OP. She should have known what the answers to the next questions will be. WHen they call you for a 2nd time, all bets are off. Go for what you know.

Yea, what a hero to us all.

Otter
07-25-2008, 05:45 PM
It's not like the writing hasn't been on the wall for a long time. Asking nicely is for people who don't need to be hit over the head with a brick to know when it's time to move on.

Kerberos, you're my hero at least for today. I declare this Kerberos Day and here's some dancing bananas to celebrate!

Ok, I can't figure out the dancing bananas in an edit but the thought was there.

Otter
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

markk
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
it's good to mention carl peterson as why you didn't renew and it's ok to be short but there's no need to be rude to someone who is just making a living. a meager one probably.

Deberg_1990
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
You can still find tickets on ticketmaster.com. It's rare to see that in previous years.

Here is my expert theory: Good teams sell tickets. Bad teams do not. :)

KCFalcon59
07-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Well if you wouldn't have hung up on her we could have found that out. Nice job by the way. I've received 2 calls myself. All we can do is hope that he is pushed out sooner rather than later. In the meantime I will just watch the games from the comfort of my own home.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 05:56 PM
The regular employees always take the beating for the head honchos decisions. I like to see what happens when somebody calls and bitches about your boss to you on the phone.

OnTheWarpath58
07-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Well if you wouldn't have hung up on her we could have found that out. Nice job by the way. I've received 2 calls myself. All we can do is hope that he is pushed out sooner rather than later. In the meantime I will just watch the games from the comfort of my own home.

Arrowhead could be half empty for the next two years, but Peterson's not going anywhere until his contract expires at the end of 2009.

Like it or not, that's the reality.

Farzin
07-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Here is my expert theory: Good teams sell tickets. Bad teams do not. :)

I don't nessacarly disagree with you, but, fans in Kansas City obviously love football. I guarantee you that if ticket prices were to go down instead of up, we wouldn't be seeing tickets available online. This is my first time as a Chiefs fan seeing 4 tickets available online as I were looking to see if they were sold out or not. They're not..that's simply because of how over priced the tickets are.

BigRedChief
07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
They gave me $252.00 in ticket credit for games this year to try to get me to come back as a season ticket holder.

OnTheWarpath58
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
They gave me $252.00 in ticket credit for games this year to try to get me to come back as a season ticket holder.

Explain.

Free preseason tickets?

Deberg_1990
07-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't nessacarly disagree with you, but, fans in Kansas City obviously love football. I guarantee you that if ticket prices were to go down instead of up, we wouldn't be seeing tickets available online. This is my first time as a Chiefs fan seeing 4 tickets available online as I were looking to see if they were sold out or not. They're not..that's simply because of how over priced the tickets are.

Well honestly, ticket prices are not coming down. Everything inflates over time.

You probably dont remember the 1980's Chiefs. The team was bad the whole decade and rarely sold out. Tons of local blackouts.

I doubt it will ever be quite that bad again (The NFL is alot more popular these days) but i can see tons of no-shows.

StcChief
07-25-2008, 06:12 PM
the Chiefs may have conned the "ticket agents" into working on COMMISSION

I hope not.

KCFalcon59
07-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Arrowhead could be half empty for the next two years, but Peterson's not going anywhere until his contract expires at the end of 2009.

I know. I am willing to wait it out.

unlurking
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't know what the complaints are, that was more polite than I am to telemarketers.

Guru
07-25-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah, but if it were full both seasons, we would be risking Carl reupping.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 07:18 PM

Tickets did go down this year. They split the upper deck up into different price points, my season tickets went down 20 bucks a ticket. They did raise the lower level prices but that is a supply and demand thing.

DaFace
07-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Don't the red coaters make these calls? I know we have someone around here who is working toward one, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned that a while back.

If that's the case, this isn't some telemarketer making minimum wage we're talking about.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't the red coaters make these calls? I know we have someone around here who is working toward one, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned that a while back.

If that's the case, this isn't some telemarketer making minimum wage we're talking about.

Chiefs have 6 people whose job is to sell tickets.

Guru
07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
So what do the red coaters do then?

Chief Chief
07-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Instead of beating up on the "middle man", just tell her that you will not respond to any more of her questions until Carl Peterson himself (or better yet: his boss) gets on the line or calls you directly.

DaFace
07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Chiefs have 6 people whose job is to sell tickets.

Probably true, but given that you have to meet sales goals to become a red coater, I wouldn't think that the Chiefs' sales guys are doing all the work.

Mr. Laz
07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
admittedly he was a sarcast azz ROFL

but i don't see a big problem ... he stayed on point and didn't cuss her out or anything.

:shrug:

works for me

BigRedChief
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Explain.

Free preseason tickets?
It was just free credit to use on any tickets that I wanted in 2006. I got to select the section that I wanted and it was awarded before they were avialable for Jackson County taxpayers.

I used them for Denver game tickets.

DenverDanChiefsFan
07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I recieved many calls - but then I initiated the contact by requesting season tickets:)

HemiEd
07-25-2008, 09:23 PM
It was just free credit to use on any tickets that I wanted in 2006. I got to select the section that I wanted and it was awarded before they were avialable for Jackson County taxpayers.

I used them for Denver game tickets.So BRC, you did get new STs?

thurman merman
07-26-2008, 01:15 AM
someone called me about that. i thought it was hilarious that the chiefs have basically resorted to telemarketing for fans. i complained about herm alot, and eventually the guy said "so when herm is gone, can we give you a call back?" and i said "sure."

BryanBusby
07-26-2008, 03:01 AM
I could just picture the lady writing down, "fire Carl Peterson."

Kerberos
07-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I know. I am willing to wait it out.

You know I would really like to go see a game again too but It won't be this year or even next. I get more disgusted every time I get a phone call asking me why I dropped my season tickets. It's really sad that CARL tops the list right above cost.

DAMMIT CARL for being 2 of the top 5 reasons :cuss:

admittedly he was a sarcast azz ROFL

but i don't see a big problem ... he stayed on point and didn't cuss her out or anything.

:shrug:

works for me

Thanks Laz. :thumb: Yea I didn't raise my voice to more than a disgusted volume. I know this person has nothing to do with "WHY" Peterson still has a job.

I could just picture the lady writing down, "fire Carl Peterson."

REP to you. I just bout spewed coffee on my notebook this morning reading this. (pictures of rainman and his "Fire Herm and Carl NOW" avatar keep coming to mind and this lady doodling the same thing. ROFL

Guru
07-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Just call Jack Bauer.

Kerberos
07-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Just call Jack Bauer.

For Peterson?

A threat to National Security is he?

Guru
07-26-2008, 04:09 AM
For Peterson?

A threat to National Security is he?

As far as I'm concerned he is.

Kerberos
07-26-2008, 04:42 AM
As far as I'm concerned he is.

:LOL:

Bearcat2005
07-26-2008, 09:00 AM

Q: Mr. Ryan how are you today?

A: Depends on what you are calling me about?

Q: Well I see you were a season ticket holder for many years and you decided to not renew can I ask why?

A: Just like the last guy they had call me I will tell you the same thing....CARL PETERSON (she stops to write down my answer)

Q: Well what is the organization not doing to keep you from renewing your season tickets?

A: They keep giving CARL PETERSON extensions instead of a push out the door.

Q: Well what can the organization do to get you to renew your season tickets?

A: (In a really demeaning tone) I guess if they FIRED CARL PETERSON we wouldn't be having this conversation cause I WOULDN'T HAVE DROPPED THE TICKET.

Well then I won't be buying anymore season tickets or single game tickets till CARL PETERSON is gone.

Q: How many games do you plan on attending this year?

A: (really sarcastic tone) uhhhh....... NONE!

Click I hung up.

Jesus they must be desperate to sell tickets if they are calling me AGAIN about my 1 seat.

:shake: This organization is going downhill fast IMHO.

Do you feel better about yourself because you told someone off?

Kerberos
07-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Do you feel better about yourself because you told someone off?

No

I feel better because I let my feelings be known to a Chiefs representative as to WHY I will not renew my season tickets or go to a game this year or ever for that matter.

AND ONLY because she asked me. So there :harumph:

Nzoner
07-26-2008, 10:58 AM

I used them for Denver game tickets.

Damn,I knew it was bad this year but now I have to wonder if we'll even get to see the home opener bash weekend due to blackout restrictions.

RedNeckRaider
07-26-2008, 11:11 AM
A guy I work with is a huge Chiefs fan, decked out truck the works. He came to work the other day with a KC arrowhead tatoo on his arm. He has two season tickets and they called him wanting to know if he would be interested in six seats right behind him. I thought damn six! I guess there are alot of people not renewing. It seems to me now would be the time to upgrade or first time buy and wait for things to improve.

Kerberos
07-26-2008, 01:40 PM
A guy I work with is a huge Chiefs fan, decked out truck the works. He came to work the other day with a KC arrowhead tatoo on his arm. He has two season tickets and they called him wanting to know if he would be interested in six seats right behind him. I thought damn six! I guess there are alot of people not renewing. It seems to me now would be the time to upgrade or first time buy and wait for things to improve.

As long as King Carl is running things it may be a long ass wait.

Braincase
07-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm getting sloppy second calls just because I've already been screwed.

Guru
07-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Damn,I knew it was bad this year but now I have to wonder if we'll even get to see the home opener bash weekend due to blackout restrictions.
I would be SHOCKED if the first game were blacked out. The rest would not surprise me at all though.

There will be a lot of SOPcast users if that is the case.

J Diddy
07-26-2008, 05:47 PM
No

I feel better because I let my feelings be known to a Chiefs representative as to WHY I will not renew my season tickets or go to a game this year or ever for that matter.

AND ONLY because she asked me. So there :harumph:

Dude are you that dense?
who do you think does these calls, carl's secretary or Clark Hunts wife?

You told off a telemarketer who does this for a living whose firm got the contract to do these calls.

In essence you bitched to a gas station clerk about the price of gas.

I hope you feel better belittling someone who probably had no notice of the previous conversation. Your name was on a lead sheet provided by the kc chiefs.

Congrats on making the lady who's trying to make a living feel bad.

Valiant
07-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Dude are you that dense?
who do you think does these calls, carl's secretary or Clark Hunts wife?

You told off a telemarketer who does this for a living whose firm got the contract to do these calls.

In essence you bitched to a gas station clerk about the price of gas.

I hope you feel better belittling someone who probably had no notice of the previous conversation. Your name was on a lead sheet provided by the kc chiefs.

Congrats on making the lady who's trying to make a living feel bad.

This is the Chiefs.. They would not pay for that.. They would just force some new red coaters to do it for free..

Valiant
07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I would be SHOCKED if the first game were blacked out. The rest would not surprise me at all though.

There will be a lot of SOPcast users if that is the case.

I am actually expecting it.. Nothing would force Clark along then blackouts..

All the advertising would be screwed for TV and bitch at Clark.. Then maybe ticket prices would go down more.. Something to get the fans to come back out.. Or maybe the red coaters actually explain to Clark that the Fans are tired of Carl and want better decisions made..

nychief
07-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Mahatma ghandi = Martin Luther King Jr. = Kerberos

Guru
07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I am actually expecting it.. Nothing would force Clark along then blackouts..

All the advertising would be screwed for TV and bitch at Clark.. Then maybe ticket prices would go down more.. Something to get the fans to come back out.. Or maybe the red coaters actually explain to Clark that the Fans are tired of Carl and want better decisions made..

I'm all for blackouts, but the first game?

OnTheWarpath58
07-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm all for blackouts, but the first game?

Unless people start buying seats soon, I can almost GUARANTEE a blackout.

Look at this. I've never been able to get extra tickets for a Home Opener through TicketMaster after the Jackson County pre-sale in years past.

This year?

TEN seats together in ROW THREE of the upper deck?