PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nightfyre for President in 2009

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Not of the country; Of the Chiefs. My campaign promises are as follows:

I will make Marty Schottenheimer GM; I will attempt to coax Bill Cowher out of retirement to be head coach; I will leave the coordinators as is. So Vote! for Nightfyre in 2009.

DaFace
07-25-2008, 07:48 PM
If this were a democracy, King Carl would have been gone long ago.

88TG88
07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Marty is never coming back.

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Marty is never coming back.

I disagree. Marty might return after Carl is gone.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Pretty shity choices IMO. Go out and find the best young front office person and the best up and coming coach.

StcChief
07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Post Carl.... GM - Marty , Cowher, or Herm

blueballs
07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
the past
is the past
for a reason

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Pretty shity choices IMO. Go out and find the best young front office person and the best up and coming coach.

QFT.

Why would anyone want Marty Schottenheimer as a GM? The guys makes the worst personnel decisions of all-time. And he can't get along with anyone (hence his firing in Cleveland, Washington and San Deigo).

Just say no to Mr. Regular Season.

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 08:56 PM
QFT.

Why would anyone want Marty Schottenheimer as a GM? The guys makes the worst personnel decisions of all-time. And he can't get along with anyone (hence his firing in Cleveland, Washington and San Deigo).

Just say no to Mr. Regular Season.

Yea, Schottenheimer didn't build some of the best teams from the ground up in Kansas City and San Diego. [/sarcasm]

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Why take the risk when there are proven and capable available?

blueballs
07-25-2008, 08:58 PM
youth is the answer
Tony Richarson GM - Sammy Knight HC
and for Ss and Gs -Trent Green as QB coach

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Yea, Schottenheimer didn't build some of the best teams from the ground up in Kansas City and San Diego. [/sarcasm]

I'm sorry but I don't think you're very well informed on this subject.

Schottenheimer didn't "build" the Chiefs. Peterson had full control of personnel decisions until 1997. After that year (and the disastrous) 1998 season, he stepped down.

He later emerged in Washington. And after starting out slowly, he coached that team to an 8-8 record. But his insistence on personnel matters led to his firing by Daniel Snyder.

In San Diego, he was hired by then GM John Butler. Butler & assistant GM AJ Smith helped to build the Buffalo dynasty of the early 90's. Upon Butler's passing, Smith was promoted to GM. Smith and Smith alone has built San Diego.

Schottenheimer constantly argued with Smith and personally lobbied owner Dean Spanos for control of personnel decisions. After two straight years of this nonsense, he was fired.

1997 and 1998 were horrible for this franchise in regards to personnel. Marty signed players with questionable character (Rison, Bam Morris, Mark MacMillian) and traded for a thug in Wayne Simmons. (Let alone Grbac over Gannon. Sheesh).

If we go even further back to Cleveland, he made horrible choices then (and the Chiefs even traded for one in 1989 at his insistence).

Again, Say NO to M.S having any part of the Chiefs front office.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Marty didnt really build the Chiefs. The defense minus Derrick Thomas was in place. The offense added Grunny, Shields, and Szott. All the Chiefs really did after that was just replace players they had like replacing Albert Lewis and Deron Cherry with Hasty and Carter. Marty was a good motivator and a good coach, just to damn stubborn and snake bit in the playoffs but pretty poor when it comes to player personal. Cowher will coach for Carolina soon enough, he lives in Raleigh.

Herm would be a better front office guy than coach in all honesty.

Mecca
07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
If I was in that position, I feel the best person you could hire would be Bill Polians son....

Nightfyre
07-25-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think you're very well informed on this subject.

Schottenheimer didn't "build" the Chiefs. Peterson had full control of personnel decisions until 1997. After that year (and the disastrous) 1998 season, he stepped down.

He later emerged in Washington. And after starting out slowly, he coached that team to an 8-8 record. But his insistence on personnel matters led to his firing by Daniel Snyder.

In San Diego, he was hired by then GM John Butler. Butler & assistant GM AJ Smith helped to build the Buffalo dynasty of the early 90's. Upon Butler's passing, Smith was promoted to GM. Smith and Smith alone has built San Diego.

Schottenheimer constantly argued with Smith and personally lobbied owner Dean Spanos for control of personnel decisions. After two straight years of this nonsense, he was fired.

1997 and 1998 were horrible for this franchise in regards to personnel. Marty signed players with questionable character (Rison, Bam Morris, Mark MacMillian) and traded for a thug in Wayne Simmons. (Let alone Grbac over Gannon. Sheesh).

If we go even further back to Cleveland, he made horrible choices then (and the Chiefs even traded for one in 1989 at his insistence).

Again, Say NO to M.S having any part of the Chiefs front office.

Your criticism is fair. However, what I like about Marty is that he is not afraid to take a chance on those players. Those players also tend to come a little cheaper and between Marty and Cowher, I suspect they can keep em in line. Additionally, Marty has worked with Cowher in the past, which means the Chemistry is already there. In addition, Cowher has worked with Gailey and Gun (I believe.) If the chemistry is already in place, that is one less variable in the equation. Also, reviewing the 2001 draft, which I believe marty had control over for Washington, he picked up Gardner and Smoot; which is not too shabby at all.

I do think it would be a big mistake to gamble on some young guy when there are better, more proven, and connected NFL minds available. I wouldn't mind Cowher as a GM either though. That would just leave a gaping hole at HC.

RJ
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I won't vote for you for Chiefs president.

But I want you to know that it's not because you're black.

I just get a funny feeling about you.

DaneMcCloud
07-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Your criticism is fair. However, what I like about Marty is that he is not afraid to take a chance on those players. Those players also tend to come a little cheaper and between Marty and Cowher, I suspect they can keep em in line. Additionally, Marty has worked with Cowher in the past, which means the Chemistry is already there. In addition, Cowher has worked with Gailey and Gun (I believe.) If the chemistry is already in place, that is one less variable in the equation.

First off, none of what you post is relevant. The Chiefs have a coach and GM locked up through 2009 (and probably beyond). Cowher will have moved on by that point and Marty will be way too old. Plus, Marty has NO experience running an entire franchise and that's just

Also, reviewing the 2001 draft, which I believe marty had control over for Washington, he picked up Gardner and Smoot; which is not too shabby at all.

Again, this a joke, right?

Gardener's no longer in the league (what, after 5 teams) and Smoot's didn't play past 2006 (and he only played a few games that year). Two total busts who accomplished NOTHING in the NFL.

I do think it would be a big mistake to gamble on some young guy when there are better, more proven, and connected NFL minds available. I wouldn't mind Cowher as a GM either though. That would just leave a gaping hole at HC.

Cowher? GM? Are you ****ing kidding me?

The same Cowher who had Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham and Kordell Stewart as his quarterbacks? The same Bill Cowher that should have had at least FOUR Super Bowl appearances (if not wins) with his defenses for 15 years? The same Bill Cowher that chose NOT to start Rothlisberger (in favor of Tommy Maddox), only to have Rothlisberger win 15 straight in the regular season?

What kind of crack are they selling in Montana these days?

Der Flöprer
07-26-2008, 12:26 AM

And then pray to God. Or whoever you pray too. Nightfyre, you're hired.

blueballs
07-27-2008, 07:54 PM
apply today
http://www.clarkhunt.com/