PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Bioshock $15 on Steam

Guru
07-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Just FYI. Saw it on www.Slickdeals.net

Too bad I already have it on 360. I don't like to purchase the same game twice.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 10:31 PM
If you haven't played this yet, ****ing JUMP on this deal.

KcMizzou
07-25-2008, 10:46 PM
If you haven't played this yet, ****ing JUMP on this deal.Amen that...

Kickass game.

Guru
07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Almost tempted since I haven't finished it on 360 yet. Still, to buy it twice....

Frazod
07-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Almost tempted since I haven't finished it on 360 yet. Still, to buy it twice....

Plays much better on the PC. Everything plays better on the PC.

EXCEPT....

that goddamn Mako from Mass Effect (I'm playing through it again on the PC). It's just mind-boggling that going from xbox to PC, they managed to make the most annoying aspect of the game even worse. Somebody at BioWare seriously needs scrotum-punted across the room for this. :#

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
I can see how going from dual-stick controls to whatever the hell it's like on the PC version would be a downgrade.

Everything else is apparently a really great translation, though, so that's nice. Now that I've upgraded my computer a bit I've got a tough decision on Fallout 3.

Speaking of BioWare, I can't wait for Dragon Age.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Shooters are always better on the PC because you can instantly point-click aim with the mouse instead of having to move the cross-hairs with the thumb control.

Fruit Ninja
07-26-2008, 02:02 AM
I am not a huge FPS nut, but if i do play them, i can play on the console and i am fine with it.

Guru
07-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Shooters are always better on the PC because you can instantly point-click aim with the mouse instead of having to move the cross-hairs with the thumb control.

I have gotten so used to playing on consoles that PC has become frustrating lately. I downloaded the demo of Portal and actually found it easier to play on the 360.

Frazod
07-26-2008, 02:31 AM
I have gotten so used to playing on consoles that PC has become frustrating lately. I downloaded the demo of Portal and actually found it easier to play on the 360.

I got used to it, but I never liked it. Give me the WASD controls and the mouse any day.

And now that I have the computer hooked up the HDTV, I can still play the games on a bigger screen while sitting on the couch (that part I did like :D ). The wireless keybord and mouse didn't work very well, so I just got USB extension cords for the regular keyboard and mouse and that works just fine. Right now I'm sitting on the couch watching the Planet on TV. It's rather strange, but I like it.

Guru
07-26-2008, 02:37 AM
I got used to it, but I never liked it. Give me the WASD controls and the mouse any day.

And now that I have the computer hooked up the HDTV, I can still play the games on a bigger screen while sitting on the couch (that part I did like :D ). The wireless keybord and mouse didn't work very well, so I just got USB extension cords for the regular keyboard and mouse and that works just fine. Right now I'm sitting on the couch watching the Planet on TV. It's rather strange, but I like it.

The Planet?

Frazod
07-26-2008, 02:38 AM
The Planet?

I mean the BB. I was playing the game and quit for a night a few minutes ago. Still sitting on the couch with the TV in computer mode.

Guru
07-26-2008, 03:09 AM
I mean the BB. I was playing the game and quit for a night a few minutes ago. Still sitting on the couch with the TV in computer mode.
Ahh, I have tried that from the PS3. Not very good though.

Crashride
07-26-2008, 05:03 AM
buy this game!