PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl is King

Color Red
07-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Peterson said the Chiefs have offered Dorsey ďa very high, fair contract in my opinion. But you canít negotiate with somebody if they donít want to negotiate.Ē

If you have any appreciation for Chiefs brass being shrewd with the Hunt money, you have to appreciate Carl Peterson. Yeah, I think he likes to lowball you if he can. Yeah I think he messed things up with Tait and Allen.

Carl cleverly says through the media "you can't negotiate with somebody if they don't want to negotiate." That's a great way to infer that Carl is willing to deal, but hey, Dorsey's agent doesn't want to "negotiate."

Dorsey's agent knows when he sits down with Carl that the King will "negotiate" him into getting Glenn's signature on the line for about the amount that Peterson decides on.

Hey the slotting of rookie salaries is what it is. I know Dorsey's side thinks Glenn could have been a higher pick, but that's the way it goes. Dorsey's agent would love some later draft choice will get overpaid with their contract, but King Carl's side will prevail in this. And the Chiefs will get a fortuitous good value with this first draft choice, partly because of the King.

FAX
07-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Carl put the "Oh!" in Bend Over.

FAX

Guru
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Carl put the "Oh!" in Bend Over.

FAX

Now THAT was funny!!!!:clap:

Baconeater
07-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I find it hard to believe that many fans really give a shit how shrewd Carl is with Hunt's money, they just want the guy to get signed.

Smed1065
07-26-2008, 12:16 AM
I agree that the NFL is a business, Its just the business of fans is different from the business of owners 95% of the time.

RustShack
07-26-2008, 01:25 AM
****ing Chuck Norris.

SBK
07-26-2008, 01:35 AM
****ing Chuck Norris.

When he wants your opinion he'll beat it out of you.

Mojo Rising
07-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Any hope that there is a new Sherriff In Town is gone. Little Hunts act like their pappy.

I had hoped that the new generation of Hunts would drive for success like their dad did in his youth. Then he wanted to start the next great trend in America - Soccer.

My gut tells me that the Chiefs are the cash cow for all of the benefactors from the Lamar Hunt family trust.

Thank goodness... as fans... we are $32 Mil under the cap according to Peter King. Glad we didn't fill the O Line holes so we could determine if our QB was NFL worthy.

The Chiefs have been at the bottom of the salary cap for years. Hunts get rich..fans get scre....

alanm
07-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Now that Gholston has signed Dorsey's agent doesn't have much leverage. I expect to see some action today.

Guru
07-26-2008, 02:21 AM
6 years 50 million

blueballs
07-26-2008, 06:58 AM
and no Frosted Mini Wheats in the house
damit carl

Guru
07-26-2008, 01:58 PM
6 years 50 million
Technically called it.